Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why im not really excited for Empyrean

(PSN)ChaosTheNerd

2 minutes ago, Ephemiel said:

That there's no content, that DE doesn't listen even to their feedback.

Take your pick or keep defending DE tooth and nail like they deserve it.

Why are they more deserving of being listened to? What expertise do they bring besides a personality cult?

4 hours ago, krc473 said:

...when you write a complaint thread and give no suggestions, you are just complaining. The OP made mention of how people would view it as someone complaining, like they thought it was anything more than that.

Exactly. Hasn't even come out and already there are complaints. This is the mind set of people today. Nothing is ever enough. Are there problems in the game that need to be addressed? Absolutely. Does this type of post help anything or anyone? Nope. In fact all it does is make things worse. But some people never learned that I guess.

Personally, I'm also worried about Empyrian. If Empyrian is all that dev stream shows, then it look like there really isn't much of it. So what do we know?

1. A ship that's build from dojo which can be boarded with your squad. Which is customizable btw
  2. Crew system which is maybe nice? I think we have to grind something to acquire and improve those Crrews?
  3. Some unique mission tied to the ship, like the one we saw on tenno con 2018 (but not the kuva leeches. AFAIK it doesn't come with Empyrian right?)
  4. New "mod" system for the ship.

Kay, so it really depends on what mission does it brings. How many mode? How interesting / fun its going to be? What's the reward? Is there something worth grinding for in the Empyrian update that make players sink a lot of time there? Is there something for "Veteran" player that want challenging mission? What about the rewards for said Veteran?

Tbh, I don't think I care a lot about the modding system of the ship. I'll still farm it for sure, but only to a point where my ship won't be any hindrance, so I can focus more on my warframe combat. Which then makes me worried, if this content put waaaaaaaay too many focus on the railjack, I'm afraid it will be like arch-wing. A mission which the reward can only be useful on that particular game mode and useless in any other game mode. 

I'm not excited by it at all because it's always remind me of Battlefront 2's space battles and we have no idea if the rewards will be useful in anyway. I am interested to know more though including by not limited to how it'll work for "solo" players. Because lots of people are in solo clans or rather if not fully inactive ones. DE's also has a long history of making a new game mode and never touching up on it. 

Edited by Fire2box

10 hours ago, Miser_able said:

The point about the island, is having things completely separate with no interaction. Railjacks do connect to the rest of the game, cause we still have our guns, our archwings, etc. 

Plains of Eidolon/Orb Vallis lets us use our guns, archwings, and warframes too. But those two content updates are what Steve was using as an example for his “separate island” of content. He was claiming Railjack was different but it already looks like it has separate missions, resources, and progression. 

Of course it’s not completed and there’s stuff they definitely haven’t shown yet so my worries could be unfounded. But until then all I have to go on is what I’ve seen.

10 hours ago, Miser_able said:

As for the star chart, last I checked the plan was to have railjacks replace the current starchart. 

Yeah, Steve tweeted as much but that was before they showed off the new gameplay at Tennocon. Plans can change, especially when it comes to DE.

I do hope they follow through on that though, would be neat to infiltrate a Capital ship from space to begin a regular mission like Exterminate or Spy.

3 hours ago, TheRealShade said:

I think we should wait and see how Empyrean plays out before we judge it.

No, we must presuppose that anything that DE does is automatically either God's gift to mankind or a literal war crime.

There is no in between.

Spoiler

/Sarcasm

If WF partners are leaving because the developers are not listening to their views, while claiming to speak for the majority of veterans. Then I would personally say: Good riddance. I have seen how it plays out when the supposed veteran players start a S#&$storm because developers take the game into a different direction. It happened a few years back with another MMO I played. The fallout of weeks of S#&$storm and a 180 degree turn of the development was, that the game lost even more players and never really recovered from that point.

So it is probably for good that they are leaving.