Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Partners Leaving how does warframe fare?

(PSN)sweatshawp

Just now, Aldain said:

I just want Railjack.

I'm not likely to come back to play Warframe until it releases, they could introduce any number of small bites of content like Gauss and whatnot, but Railjack is what I'm chomping at the bits for.

Better go on a long vacation. Doesn't appear to be happening anytime soon. 😢 It'll get "DE-layed" as usual. 

6 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

That’s fine you have the option to do that! But it’ll add more of a slight challenge to players who want to. The question is how hell would matchmaking be lol. I guess matchmaking is prestige dependent but then what happens if you wanna play with your friends and they are lower or higher then you ahhh that’s a lot of work seems fun I’ll think about mathmaking with that and get back to you right now it’s making my head hurt. I do third shift and the warframe forums entertain me when I’m not busy

Same prestige will be ranked with same prestige, and the host can set the prestige level (your low prestige friend makes the party, and you get a message saying "you are about to join *player name here* who's at a lower prestige rabk than you, do you want to join?

And then you join, just low rank

Or option 2 is you just join random people and you just "reset" your account for prestige, missions everything

Edited by JohnTheMango

Look at that intentionally inflammatory video title. Though thank you for the TL;DW OP.

This is a casual game - I have long since made peace with that. This isn't a game for the Dark Souls level of intensity. Of late, my own request for balance have been with that in mind - to improve it and truly embrace that. Effort does make the mind more sensitive to reward or loss - if the gameplay works on a 'buy the immense power through gameplay and some degree of skill' then I have no problems - the Kirby approach. Nobody's going to say you need to be an incredibly skilled gamer to succeed there, but it can help you get joy out of speedrunning, fighting bosses with unconventional abilities or just relaxing with Kirby's genuinely fun gameplay loop.

If the game itself is fun, who gives a damn? But maybe using and abusing the means to automate it, turn off enemy aggro/ai or just be rendered immune to dying stops it being fun.

Seriously, examining Kirby quickly shows that those things aren't just handed to the player. Immortality? Stone and metal, but your mobility is restricted. Nukes? Crash and Mike, but they can only be used once. Crowd control? Not really necessary as most enemies aren't aggressive to begin with, so they don't bother adding it. HAL don't just ignore balance, they just make the game easy.

6 hours ago, Sajochi said:

The partner program should just be retired at this point. Only a small percentage of partners are ok. The rest are a bunch of drama whores that start crap. AGGP is another toxic one.

100% agree.  

Other companies support streamers/youtubers all the time, without putting them on a pedestal to feed their teenage power-trip or make the jealous part of the community hate them.  

45 minutes ago, JohnTheMango said:

He was just using mr27 as an example there is no need to do the actual math

People on this forum take EVERYTHING  literally

Calm down, it's an example, not the holocaust 

That's why I asked to "humor" me. I wasn't being serious. But in the event someone did have the answer, I was keen to know.

6 minutes ago, Iamabearlulz said:

This is the Warframe Forums, not Youtube's notification system. It's time to stop.

Mwuaaaaahahahahahh NEVER I like watching these videos and trying to spark the conversation on the forums for possible improvement to the game some people don’t like me for fair reasons and just because I’m me and would rather watch the video if not your good old sweaty friend is here to voice an opinion and try to get people to talk in a friendly way! (I’m working on the last part)

2 минуты назад, (PS4)sweatshawp сказал:

Mwuaaaaahahahahahh NEVER I like watching these videos and trying to spark the conversation on the forums for possible improvement to the game some people don’t like me for fair reasons and just because I’m me and would rather watch the video if not your good old sweaty friend is here to voice an opinion and try to get people to talk in a friendly way! (I’m working on the last part)

Being an author of several active threads on the same issue will get you a warning point for spam.

Edited by PurrrningBoop

16 minutes ago, Palsteron said:

100% agree.  

Other companies support streamers/youtubers all the time, without putting them on a pedestal to feed their teenage power-trip or make the jealous part of the community hate them.  

I don’t think the partner program should be retired but some of their incentives yes! I do believe that they get all the new content upon release besides tennogen and a few other things I feel like they should grind out everything like us 

5 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

I don’t think the partner program should be retired but some of their incentives yes! I do believe that they get all the new content upon release besides tennogen and a few other things I feel like they should grind out everything like us 

There is an opt-in system with the free content for partners. They can choose if they grind or not.