The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zhuge Prime is a monster

(XBOX)GodMasterTP

9 hours ago, (XB1)XG1anBl4derX said:

No, the 90 damage is not split between anything. I have calculated the DPS of my build, single shot damage follows perfectly what is told on the arsenal, the weapon literally has added damage because of the explosion.  

From Wiki:

• Damage is split between the bolt and the explosion, requiring direct hits to maximize damage output.

Or here if you need more info, with pictures:

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, ShortCat said:

From Wiki:

• Damage is split between the bolt and the explosion, requiring direct hits to maximize damage output.

Or here if you need more info, with pictures:

Still, the damage is split. I don't see anything making Zhuge objectively better than Zhuge prime, all the advantages i listed on the other comment are still true. 

Overall, Zhuge Prime wins, fact, end of discussion. 

Also, you still have 10% less damage only, it doesn't matter if it's 2 hits instead of one. 2 hits is actually better for a status weapon, Zhuge Prime melts armor so fast because of the split damage, that my corrosive build destroys Corrupted HG like if they were nothing. 

So yeah, you are actually right about the split damage. Still wrong about the rest, Zhuge Prime still wins.

Edited by (XB1)XG1anBl4derX

4 hours ago, (XB1)XG1anBl4derX said:

Still, the damage is split. I don't see anything making Zhuge objectively better than Zhuge prime, all the advantages i listed on the other comment are still true. 

Overall, Zhuge Prime wins, fact, end of discussion. 

Also, you still have 10% less damage only, it doesn't matter if it's 2 hits instead of one. 2 hits is actually better for a status weapon, Zhuge Prime melts armor so fast because of the split damage, that my corrosive build destroys Corrupted HG like if they were nothing. 

So yeah, you are actually right about the split damage. Still wrong about the rest, Zhuge Prime still wins.

damage being split makes zhuge prime completely garbage with punch through, because the explosion wont hit most of your targets. its not rocket science. and punchthrough is a stat that gives far more crowd killing potential compared to zhuge primes tiny aoe, which simply makes base zhuge stronger in both dealing with crowds of enemies(because of not sucking ass with punchthrough) and in single target damage(since you can use it freely without worrying about enemies running up to your face when your bolts are embedded in them).

so the damage being split is a HUGE detriment to the weapon, all the other "advantages" it has over base zhuge is absolutely abysmal(its even worse in a few ways as you mentioned), not even remotely enough to make up for the difference caused by damage split. and zhuge as a base already melts weapon with its high status, you dont need one more delayed hit from the explosion. and many non pellet weapons use status to great effect. zhuge being one of those weapons. 

idk why i have to explain this again and again to you though, since you dont even bother to look at a wiki before you talk trash about others. all i can suggest is stop embarrasing yourself. 

Edited by Zeclem
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
Le 01/09/2019 à 18:42, Oreades a dit :

Well lets see, I can go two ways with that lackluster reply

1. I can toss a low effort "why does a weapon have to be exactly how you want it?" right back at ya,
  2. I can point out the simple fact that the way "I want it" checks everyone boxes because people who liked the Zhuge Popper get to have a nice side grade of the Zhuge without having self damage ducttaped to it and the people who enjoy the split/delayed damage mechanic get to keep that in the form of an alt fire..... it's almost like everyone heccin wins.....

I really don't know why I have to keep pounding it into peoples heads that the issue with the Zhuge Prime having explosive/delayed/self damage as it's one UND ONLY VUN firing mechanic is predicated entirely on the fact that the Zhuge..... doesn't. If the Zhuge had explosive/delayed/self damage then it would be no issue that the Zhuge Prime had those "features" but again it doesn't. So people (who don't read the forums) aren't going to know the Zhuge Prime has explosive/delayed/self damage until they build and take it out the first hand full of times. 

Secondly you don't have to shoot the enemies at point blank range because the explosion has about a second or so delay on explosion..... so if they are already running at you (and the weapon fails to kill them) they're going to bring that explosion to you.... 

Oh hey it's the tried and true "U R just bad at explosive/self damage weapons, don't use em LOL" 

But just to assuaged your clearly genuine concerns, I likely won't use the Zhuge Prime in any serious capacity. Which is a real shame because I gave exactly zero heccs about everything else in that prime release. The one thing that lit up my eyes was "OMG THE ZHUGE, they PRIMED IT!!!!!!" which was followed shortly by the realization that they'd wrecked the firing mechanic in the process. 

So literally my favorite crossbow in the game, finally got a prime and this was what they did to it.... 

First time in my Warframe history that I've kept the Base weapon after building the prime and only keep the prime in the unlikely event that they maybe just maybe fix the firing mechanic. 

Tho at this point we've been through how many hotfixes and a strait up mainline and they have failed to change the Zhuge Prime so I'm pretty sure it's not going to happen and my favorite Xbow is going to end up getting as much use as conclave. 

Guess it's time to cross my fingers for the Attica Prime whenever that comes out and just hope that it doesn't get the Zhuge treatment. 

No it just makes it an unfun mess that was 100% avoidable by having it an alt fire mechanic out if the gate. Which should have been the case (again because I have to hammer this into peoples skulls) because the base Zhuge DOES NOT have self damage. 

But riddle me this, how would having the explosive damage as an alt fire make it any less of a "beast" but hey enjoy the Crossbow you're probably not going to use in any serious capacity while fighting to the death to keep it unfun for the people who would have GG my friend GG. 

Enhanced weapons can definitely have different features than vanilla's, maybe you should deal with that. You may agree or disagree with how DE is handling their own game but you're only entitled to your own opinion at this point.

This thread brings the same old arguments than Opticor Vandal's, plus the "change this gun, i keep shooting myself cause i stupidly run into enemies with an explosive gun". Same old story about people complaining instead of giving proper feedback. Sometimes game is fine, players can suck too.

Edited by 000l000
  • Like 1

On 2019-09-20 at 12:14 AM, 000l000 said:

Enhanced weapons can definitely have different features than vanilla's, maybe you should deal with that. You may agree or disagree with how DE is handling their own game but you're only entitled to your own opinion at this point.

Sequential words that functionally say absolutely nothing. 

Different things are different and DE us gunna do what DE gunna do.... GG I guess?

On 2019-09-20 at 12:14 AM, 000l000 said:

This thread brings the same old arguments than Opticor Vandal's, plus the "change this gun, i keep shooting myself cause i stupidly run into enemies with an explosive gun". Same old story about people complaining instead of giving proper feedback. Sometimes game is fine, players can suck too.

And then right back the standard substandard dismissive "change this gun, i keep shooting myself cause i stupidly run into enemies with an explosive gun" BS, you play that card in the same breath as you complain about people complaining instead of giving proper feedback..... perhaps you should mull on the irony of your words. Maybe put a little effort in next time?

The one immutable fact in this matter is that had this been applied as an alt fire this whole issue would have never been and my only hope at this point because it is clear that DE is going to do absolutely nothing to fix the Zhuge Primes firing mechanic to reflect that is that they heccin learn from this and whenever they decide to ducttape a disruptive mechanic that isn't present on the OG version of a weapon that they do so with an alt fire mechanic. 

• Like 2

Le 03/09/2019 à 12:03, Zeclem a dit :

damage being split makes zhuge prime completely garbage with punch through, because the explosion wont hit most of your targets. its not rocket science. and punchthrough is a stat that gives far more crowd killing potential compared to zhuge primes tiny aoe, which simply makes base zhuge stronger in both dealing with crowds of enemies(because of not sucking ass with punchthrough) and in single target damage(since you can use it freely without worrying about enemies running up to your face when your bolts are embedded in them).

This isn't true, most weapons work with punchthrough or explosive, not both. And both are dealing efficiently with crowds, punchthrough deals with linear opportunities, explosive deals with tight spots. None is better than the other, it all depends on what you're facing and how you're dealing with.

That's why some people think that Ignis is still better than Glaxion but truth is that they're both effective, just different. Punchthrough is only the laziest option.

The only drawback of having split damages is that it may struggle more against armored enemies such as bosses, where heavy hits are more effective. Landing more corrosive procs can help against more common enemies but it takes time, on the other hand Zhuge prime can rely upon slash more efficiently so... Globally Zhuge prime is more well rounded to face most situations (AoE vs nothing - better crit overall - more slash than puncture).

I'd bring a Zhuge to kill a boss, againt any other kind of enemy i'd keep my Zhuge prime, definitely.

19 hours ago, 000l000 said:

This isn't true, most weapons work with punchthrough or explosive, not both. And both are dealing efficiently with crowds, punchthrough deals with linear opportunities, explosive deals with tight spots. None is better than the other, it all depends on what you're facing and how you're dealing with.

That's why some people think that Ignis is still better than Glaxion but truth is that they're both effective, just different. Punchthrough is only the laziest option.

The only drawback of having split damages is that it may struggle more against armored enemies such as bosses, where heavy hits are more effective. Landing more corrosive procs can help against more common enemies but it takes time, on the other hand Zhuge prime can rely upon slash more efficiently so... Globally Zhuge prime is more well rounded to face most situations (AoE vs nothing - better crit overall - more slash than puncture).

I'd bring a Zhuge to kill a boss, againt any other kind of enemy i'd keep my Zhuge prime, definitely.

it is very much true, but you are free to disagree with it ofc. its not like warframe is a difficult game where you have to consider proper mechanics to go through relevant content. 

Le 03/10/2019 à 08:28, Test-995 a dit :

...meanwhile we got a gun called acceltra, much stronger, much safer, much easier.

Good luck with that 6% status chance only and weaker damages (and no slash) at higher levels though.

Edited by 000l000