Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zhuge Prime is a monster

(XBOX)GodMasterTP

I don't even know why i saw people complaining. With my current corrosive build, this thing is so strong it's unfair. The DPS far outclasses anything else i have because it has 15.4 fire rate, enemies get their armors melted in less than 1 second, also, you don't even need to aim at the head!! 

Tired of those generic videos where guys testing weapons only do headshots? And you never aim at the head in real gameplay because you're jumping around like a ninja on drugs?

The build is kinda generic, but it exploits the fact that Zhuge is a bow: Amalgam Serration, Split Chamber, Vigilante Armaments, Malignant Force, High Voltage, Point Strike, Vital Sense, Vile Acceleration. Test it, be happy. 

Edit: i won't be able to post a photo or video of the build, my One Drive acc has been blocked long ago because i wasn't using enough, so i can't take videos from my Xbox and post here (technically i still can, but i would have to do some complicated things, and i am not in the mood for it lol).

Edited by (XB1)XG1anBl4derX

6 hours ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

My thoughts exactly! Haha! 

That Zhuge Prime build must be groundbreaking. Very different from every single build you use on all the other crit/status Primaries

8 hours ago, Panser_Nes said:

Zhuge prime deals good damage.

Modding is completely standard.

More news at 2100.

Tbh i don't understand if it is sarcasm. But this is slightly different, because you don't need Viral to complement the Slash, you'll want Corrosive. It works differently to other builds with slash.

5 hours ago, (XB1)XG1anBl4derX said:

Tbh i don't understand if it is sarcasm. But this is slightly different, because you don't need Viral to complement the Slash, you'll want Corrosive. It works differently to other builds with slash.

Well, yeah... but, really, we all build our crit/status weapons the same way:

Base damage mod

Multishot

Crit chance

Crit multiplier

Dual stat

Dual stat

Riven/Damage/Vigilante Armaments/Hunter's Munition

Current mod system incites power creeping. So builds aren't varied at all

• Like 3

zhuge prime is worse than normal zhuge is the problem. put punchthrough in it? you lose half of your already decreased damage cus de decided it would be a good idea to split it between the bolt and explosion. dont put punchtrough in it? hf with the self damage and crappier crowd mowing potential. 

its another case of spira prime, and i dont think they are going to fix it at this point. 

Edited by Zeclem
  • Like 5

vor 40 Minuten schrieb Zeclem:

zhuge prime is worse than normal zhuge is the problem. put punchthrough in it? you lose half of your already decreased damage cus de decided it would be a good idea to split it between the bolt and explosion. dont put punchtrough in it? hf with the self damage! 

its another case of spira prime, and i dont think they are going to fix it at this point. 

zhuge prime eats basic zhuge for breakfast unless u build it totally wrong imo. dont know what u did with urs to write this but at least cant understand why u would state this.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Xydeth said:

zhuge prime eats basic zhuge for breakfast unless u build it totally wrong imo. dont know what u did with urs to write this but at least cant understand why u would state this.

i just said in that comment why zhuge prime is a downgrade from base zhuge. its not complicated really. 

• Like 4

vor einer Stunde schrieb Zeclem:

i just said in that comment why zhuge prime is a downgrade from base zhuge. its not complicated really. 

the incompatibility with punch through is mostly the case on all weapons with explosive capabilities and no argument why zhuge prime is bad. if dont want to play with self dmg weapons thats not on the weapon especially when its so damn powerful as zhuge prime so excuse my question because i didnt read a reason which supported ur statetment. if u think it is then i suppose i can see u not picking most of the launchers but that doesnt make neither them not the zhuge any less powerful tbh.

Edited by Xydeth
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Xydeth said:

if dont want to play with self dmg weapons thats not on the weapon

Except it kinda really is when the base weapon doesn't have any self damage and they needlessly affixed self damage to the prime with duct tape as the only firing mechanic when it should have been the Alt Fire.

Just make the self damage extra esplodie an alt fire and literally problem solved, where do I collect my cheque? 

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Zeclem said:

zhuge prime is worse than normal zhuge is the problem. put punchthrough in it? you lose half of your already decreased damage cus de decided it would be a good idea to split it between the bolt and explosion. dont put punchtrough in it? hf with the self damage! 

Do you have any video of it? I checked Vanilla Zhuge, and it was a straight downgrade. 

Also, why are people even worried about the self-damage? Just don't shoot things in point blank range. 

I know self-damage is at core a $#1TTY mechanic, but you can control it anyways.

vor 8 Stunden schrieb Oreades:

Except it kinda really is when the base weapon doesn't have any self damage and they needlessly affixed self damage to the prime with duct tape as the only firing mechanic when it should have been the Alt Fire.

Just make the self damage extra esplodie an alt fire and literally problem solved, where do I collect my cheque? 

why does a weapon have to be exactly how u want it ? the zhuge prime is very very very strong and u know it has self dmg beforehand so dont shoot enemies point blank and use ur melee instead, which is more logical anyways...i mean when they do u the favor of coming up close u might as well crush their skull with a melee...i mean who would shoot something with an explosive at close range ? when u dont do that u wont care about self dmg ...and if ur too troubled dont use the weapon at all but de facto zhuge prime is a beast and self dmg is no argument that makes it any weaker. the same applies to the incompatibility with PT since it makes up for that with its AoE.

4 hours ago, Xydeth said:

why does a weapon have to be exactly how u want it ? 

Well lets see, I can go two ways with that lackluster reply

1. I can toss a low effort "why does a weapon have to be exactly how you want it?" right back at ya,
  2. I can point out the simple fact that the way "I want it" checks everyone boxes because people who liked the Zhuge Popper get to have a nice side grade of the Zhuge without having self damage ducttaped to it and the people who enjoy the split/delayed damage mechanic get to keep that in the form of an alt fire..... it's almost like everyone heccin wins.....

he zhuge prime is very very very strong and u know it has self dmg beforehand so dont shoot enemies point blank  -snip- ..i mean who would shoot something with an explosive at close range ? 

I really don't know why I have to keep pounding it into peoples heads that the issue with the Zhuge Prime having explosive/delayed/self damage as it's one UND ONLY VUN firing mechanic is predicated entirely on the fact that the Zhuge..... doesn't. If the Zhuge had explosive/delayed/self damage then it would be no issue that the Zhuge Prime had those "features" but again it doesn't. So people (who don't read the forums) aren't going to know the Zhuge Prime has explosive/delayed/self damage until they build and take it out the first hand full of times. 

Secondly you don't have to shoot the enemies at point blank range because the explosion has about a second or so delay on explosion..... so if they are already running at you (and the weapon fails to kill them) they're going to bring that explosion to you.... 

when u dont do that u wont care about self dmg ...and if ur too troubled dont use the weapon at 

Oh hey it's the tried and true "U R just bad at explosive/self damage weapons, don't use em LOL" 

But just to assuaged your clearly genuine concerns, I likely won't use the Zhuge Prime in any serious capacity. Which is a real shame because I gave exactly zero heccs about everything else in that prime release. The one thing that lit up my eyes was "OMG THE ZHUGE, they PRIMED IT!!!!!!" which was followed shortly by the realization that they'd wrecked the firing mechanic in the process. 

So literally my favorite crossbow in the game, finally got a prime and this was what they did to it.... 

First time in my Warframe history that I've kept the Base weapon after building the prime and only keep the prime in the unlikely event that they maybe just maybe fix the firing mechanic. 

Tho at this point we've been through how many hotfixes and a strait up mainline and they have failed to change the Zhuge Prime so I'm pretty sure it's not going to happen and my favorite Xbow is going to end up getting as much use as conclave. 

Guess it's time to cross my fingers for the Attica Prime whenever that comes out and just hope that it doesn't get the Zhuge treatment. 

but de facto zhuge prime is a beast and self dmg is no argument that makes it any weaker. the same applies to the incompatibility with PT since it makes up for that with its AoE.

No it just makes it an unfun mess that was 100% avoidable by having it an alt fire mechanic out if the gate. Which should have been the case (again because I have to hammer this into peoples skulls) because the base Zhuge DOES NOT have self damage. 

But riddle me this, how would having the explosive damage as an alt fire make it any less of a "beast" but hey enjoy the Crossbow you're probably not going to use in any serious capacity while fighting to the death to keep it unfun for the people who would have GG my friend GG. 

Edited by Oreades
  • Like 4

On 2019-09-01 at 12:58 AM, Xydeth said:

the incompatibility with punch through is mostly the case on all weapons with explosive capabilities and no argument why zhuge prime is bad. if dont want to play with self dmg weapons thats not on the weapon especially when its so damn powerful as zhuge prime so excuse my question because i didnt read a reason which supported ur statetment. if u think it is then i suppose i can see u not picking most of the launchers but that doesnt make neither them not the zhuge any less powerful tbh.

except its not even a good "launcher". why would i pick it when i can do statistically better with base zhuge in mowing down crowds since punchtrough>zhuge primes tiny aoe WITHOUT accounting for the massively decreased damage and self damage on top of it?

On 2019-09-01 at 8:14 AM, (XB1)XG1anBl4derX said:

Do you have any video of it? I checked Vanilla Zhuge, and it was a straight downgrade. 

Also, why are people even worried about the self-damage? Just don't shoot things in point blank range. 

I know self-damage is at core a $#1TTY mechanic, but you can control it anyways.

you dont need video proof to compare their stats at the arsenal and use some common sense. 

and problem isnt limited to self damage, if you actually read my comment. 

On 2019-09-02 at 10:43 AM, Zeclem said:

you dont need video proof to compare their stats at the arsenal and use some common sense.

Zhuge Prime has a 50% larger magazine capacity (more DPS consistency), 30% more critical chance (20>26), 31.5% more fire rate (rounded down, and FR is a multiplicative increase, you always calculate after every factor, so it ALREADY has 31.5% more damage even while ignoring everything else), while only losing 5% status chance (you can still hit 100% easily, but you don't need to, Zhuge is not a pellet-type weapon, so who cares...), 20% reload difference, and a 10% base damage difference that is compensated by the fact that Zhuge Prime hits 2 times, 1 for the dart and 1 for the explosion, so the damage is basically x2 or close to it by default. 

Not to mention => Slash is the highest damage value for Zhuge Prime, while Puncture is the highest for base Zhuge. 

Your claims are not only without any basis, you are straight up telling people to go in the arsenal JUST to refute your argument, anyone with basic knowledge of math will notice Zhuge Prime is a better weapon.

On 2019-09-02 at 6:45 PM, (XB1)XG1anBl4derX said:

Zhuge Prime has a 50% larger magazine capacity (more DPS consistency), 30% more critical chance (20>26), 31.5% more fire rate (rounded down, and FR is a multiplicative increase, you always calculate after every factor, so it ALREADY has 31.5% more damage even while ignoring everything else), while only losing 5% status chance (you can still hit 100% easily, but you don't need to, Zhuge is not a pellet-type weapon, so who cares...), 20% reload difference, and a 10% base damage difference that is compensated by the fact that Zhuge Prime hits 2 times, 1 for the dart and 1 for the explosion, so the damage is basically x2 or close to it by default. 

Not to mention => Slash is the highest damage value for Zhuge Prime, while Puncture is the highest for base Zhuge. 

Your claims are not only without any basis, you are straight up telling people to go in the arsenal JUST to refute your argument, anyone with basic knowledge of math will notice Zhuge Prime is a better weapon.

you dont even know the mechanics of the weapon i see. zhuge primes damage is SPLIT between the main bolt and the explosion. the explosion is not added damage. thats what i have been saying for this entire time dude.

• Like 2

Personally i didnt like the Zhuge prime, not only because of the Self Damage but also because of its detonating mechanic which is when it actually deals damage.

I still prefer the normal Zhuge for its higher fire rate, higher stats and higher base damage with 75% being Puncture. I like throwing Punchthrough into my weapons to make them far more ammo efficient and kill large groups of enemies so the Prime being an explosive one doesnt work for me.

Still dreaming with you Attica Prime. ❤️

Edited by BiancaRoughfin
  • Like 2

It's alright, but less alright than it should be. Rivenless Astilla, which is very similar mechanically, is stronger than Zhuge Prime with a decent riven and it has lower mr requirement and no self damage. Worse ammo economy, sure, but weapons don't win the battles with convenience alone.

• Like 2

On 2019-09-02 at 7:18 PM, Zeclem said:

you dont even know the mechanics of the weapon i see. zhuge primes damage is SPLIT between the main bolt and the explosion. the explosion is not added damage. thats what i have been saying for this entire time dude.

No, the 90 damage is not split between anything. I have calculated the DPS of my build, single shot damage follows perfectly what is told on the arsenal, the weapon literally has added damage because of the explosion.  

None of your claims have proofs, it's just "it is that way" without anything to back up the information. Also, you said "it's common sense, you can see that Zhuge is better than Zhuge Prime in the arsenal", and then you mention split damage between shot/explosion, something you can only see on practice...

3 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

higher fire rate

Zhuge Prime has more, check your arsenal.

3 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

higher stats and higher base damage with 75% being Puncture

The only stat that objectively better is status chance (which is useless because you don't need to hit 100% with Zhuge, it's not a pellet weapon). 

And since Zhuge has 2 intances of damage, basically multiplying it by 2, you would have far more damage. 

Also...why Puncture? Slash is far better if you want things to die faster, i hope you're being sarcastic.