Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My opinion on lighting changes.

DontRunWScissors

15 hours ago, bibmobello said:

Most tilesets are practically the same of today. Some of them are too low poly even for a mobile game and you can't improve that changing only the lighting or materials.

100%

Most tilesets need a complete rework, like from scratch, to bring them on par with Fortuna or Jupiter. 

I'm all in for any kind of visual improvement, but if you put some glitter on turd, it is still turd.

33 minutes ago, (PS4)Kamil-the-KamiKa said:

im console so im yet to experience this.

can someone show pictures to show how it looks plasticy?

before and after would be great

It doesn't after the last hotfix. The problem is that it seems that the game sometimes adds more gamma or something, making it all seem "washed out". In the orbiter too, you can have it perfectly working when you login, but when you come back from a mission or whatever it will look washed out again, but if you go to the arsenal and click on a color button it will go back to the normal settings. But when it works, it's amazing now. Especially the grineer galleon tileset looks beatiful, Orb Vallis too, in the plains there's not so much difference during the day, imho, but at night it's much better. The only problems I see when the new rendering works like it should are the corpus tilesets (but they were flashy/ with a lot of contrast even before) and some gold reflections (but even that was much more better in Lua after the last hotfix, don't know in dojos)

Yeah the new lighting system is a little messed up now, but because it's not always working as it should, but again, when it works it's amazing to look at, and more natural.  

I know DE said that they're changing/fixing some things, and that's really great to hear, but I still wanted to throw my opinion in here really quick.  The new lighting is awful.  IMO, everything looked better before.  I can see that lighting behaves more realistically in some ways, but it just looks icky.  Everything was so much more beautiful previously.  My biggest gripes are that anything that we colored black (frames, orbiter) now looks washed out and grey, and our dojos now look like ugly Wal-Marts with florescent lights, and all orokin gold decorations look like orange plastic.  Shoulda called this update "25.7: The Plastic Incursion".  Hope your incoming fixes are more than just subtle tweaks.  Please make the game pretty like it was before.  Make our gold gold again, and make our black black again.  Other than this plastic lighting, I still think you guys are doin' a great job.  I just want my purdy colors back, please.  Thanks.

20 minutes ago, TheGlobfather said:

Remember, as a Warframe player, it is your responsibility to read all patch notes/tweets from DE.

actually it is, but still at this point is becoming really annoying to still be beta testers when DE has grown so much so they should hire beta testers so we don't have to suffer this, nor dealing with the problem that DE is not aware of all the bugs in their game, and not fixing them fast enough (cmon at this point they have the money to hire more people so they can deliver faster)

Edited by Toppien

12 minutes ago, TheGlobfather said:

Remember, as a Warframe player, it is your responsibility to read all patch notes/tweets from DE.

Way to quote my anecdote instead of my point.

The player I quoted was all butthurt, saying "Oh they'll never revert these weird changes to textures". My reply to that player cited that the Devs are very aware of the fact that the updated metallics won't run smoothly right away, and they are closely monitoring player feedback. Jumping on the cynic wagon while being completely unaware of the situation you're complaining about helps nobody, least of all yourself.

Players don't have to read patch notes, it's true, but being less informed doesn't make one look any less like an idiot.