Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Super important console suggestion [DE]!!!

(PSN)AbBaNdOn_IGN

I was screwing around with the visual settings last night and so I finally got around to screwing with the control settings to(after 2k+ hours in game lol) and I found something super important that could drasticly improve console players lives!!!!!!

You have the mechanics set up to use gear slots with the press of a button, however you force us to use normal buttons...

What I think would be a HUGE difference for ALL console players (and pc who use controller pads) would be to open up the Ability Button to the gear wheel stuff(and maybe all your quick button things).

Let me give brief example.  When im just playing warframe up/down/left/right does stuff... and I have to hold down R1 and then hit square/circle/x/triangle to do warframe abilities and or operator mode.  R1 is the ability button.   Currently the only thing you can do while you are holding the ability button down is use abilities or go into operator mode.  That needs to change....

What im thinking is...the default buttons all work the same.  But when you hold down R1(ability button) not only can you use abilities/transference,  but you should free up all the other controller buttons for quick-button/slot use.   For example I could hold down R1 and have a ton of gear wheel items slotted to certain buttons like up/down/left/right or L2/R2/L1  (7 free buttons, maybe 9 if you can do L3/R3)............................

This would be HUGE/AWESOME..   Being able to Hold down R1+R2 to jump into Archwing or R1+L2 to jump onto K-drive...  R1+L1 to equip ceph scanner or archgun...  The d-pad could be scanner/tranq/spears/pizzas....    saving us from having to go through our gear wheel for this stuff would be EPIC!!!!!!    You guys cant even get melee quick switching to work with ceph scanner right now so this could solve that problem big time.

Currently we are unable to assign gear wheel stuff or anything else to Ability Button.  Please please please change this!!!!!

Only problem I forsee is that you can TAP the ability button to recast your last used power....  This might cause a problem if you use gear items.  You would take off the gear item if its equippable or use another if its consumable.   I dont know if you could make it only function for the 4 ability buttons....   Personally if it had to be disabled so we could no longer cast tap that would be ok I hardly ever use it.... If you just made it stay and apply to everything and re-use whatever button u had pressed I would also be good with that even.   

This can not be hard to change/allow???  This gives us way more buttons to use on a controller and makes quickslots actually super helpful. Otherwise we are kind of tied to just having the 4 d-pad buttons to customize.  

PLEASE EVERYONE IF YOU LIKE THIS IDEA UPVOTE IT !!!   

-----------------------------------------------

Edit* I forgot this as I wrote this up earlier and could not remember, but within 2 seconds of putting the controller in my hand it came back to me lol.   Can we please have a quick menu option for the ADVANCED map?   The blown up transparent map is ok for stuff like hunting somachord/cephalon fragments/warframe fighter thingies but for the most part the advanced map is what I use when I use a map.  Most of the time for PoE/OV.   But I noticed there is no option for the advanced map to be default or the ability to make it a quick button option.  

Edited by (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN

im not quite sure what your after 

a: button remamp exist on consoles so you can move the button on dpad elswere 

b: there are controllers with more buttons and the ability to assign others to those buttons 

example: 

https://www.razer.com/gaming-controllers/razer-wolverine-ultimate-for-xbox-one

also has a pc app for remapping and making profiles you can switch on the fly to

i think scuff also has something like this  

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/controllers/elite-wireless-controller

https://scufgaming.com/xbox-scuf-prestige-controller?gclid=EAIaIQobChMItO-z_urV5AIVCsNkCh2GTgxIEAAYASACEgJRhvD_BwE

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

17 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

im not quite sure what your after 

Button remapping on console is somewhat limited though. Some commands you simply cannot assign to certain buttons. op is talking about assigning other commands, like gear hotkeys, to the ability submenu, which you currently cannot do.

Edited by (PS4)sister-hawk
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, (PS4)sister-hawk said:

Button remapping on console is somewhat limited though. Some commands you simply cannot assign to certain buttons. op is talking about assigning other commands, like gear hotkeys, to the ability submenu.

i can assign any one on mine, i have dpad on my lower button beneath the controller , thus why i suggested them 

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

1 hour ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

b: there are controllers with more buttons and the ability to assign others to those buttons 

Yes you can rearrange the buttons however you want on a controller and even change some of the functions u have access to.   But the majority of the controller buttons are needed just to play.  Basicly the D-pad is all you could really customize.   Which is 4 buttons.

If they let us remap the buttons while you are holding the ability button which you can not do now,  it would give us 7-9 more buttons + the 4 d-pads from not holding Ability button.  This would make using gear wheel stuff and other things soooo much easier.

Buying another controller is a stupid meaningless suggestion.... they already have most of this built into the game,  they just need to allow it.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

Yes you can rearrange the buttons however you want on a controller and even change some of the functions u have access to.   But the majority of the controller buttons are needed just to play.  Basicly the D-pad is all you could really customize.   Which is 4 buttons.

If they let us remap the buttons while you are holding the ability button which you can not do now,  it would give us 7-9 more buttons + the 4 d-pads from not holding Ability button.  This would make using gear wheel stuff and other things soooo much easier.

Buying another controller is a stupid meaningless suggestion.... they already have most of this built into the game,  they just need to allow it.  

-not meaningless if it does solve the issue as i dont have that problem 

EErEYMqWwAUP4LY.jpg:large

All I am suggesting is that all of those unassigned buttons be allowed to support shortcuts.  

PS: I tried giving my left stick a new shortcut last night because I never use sprint....wasnt very long before I figured out I broke my archwing lol.  Unless you make some other button sprint you are screwed.   Another perfect example of why having the shortcuts go through the ability button would be 10x better.  

We definitely need a liason for controller mapping Improovements. I feel this everytime there is a shift or added function translated down from PC. Maybe where a workshop for console players to  discuss things. Even looking at the comments made by pc players, you can see they dont really understand the concern and place it as trivial. BTW My current thing is channeling. I can easily slowly reconfigure my hands to do anything, but the channeling is so awkward now I just avoid it altogether, but no sense getting too deep into that until the whole melee conversion is completed. But it is the best current issue that i see.

5 hours ago, (PS4)jockhotty said:

We definitely need a liason for controller mapping Improovements. I feel this everytime there is a shift or added function translated down from PC. Maybe where a workshop for console players to  discuss things. Even looking at the comments made by pc players, you can see they dont really understand the concern and place it as trivial. BTW My current thing is channeling. I can easily slowly reconfigure my hands to do anything, but the channeling is so awkward now I just avoid it altogether, but no sense getting too deep into that until the whole melee conversion is completed. But it is the best current issue that i see.

I'm the only PC player that has responded to this thread and I agreed with the idea. Unless you are bringing up other PC players in other threads which doesn't really pertain to this discussion.

It is a pattern over many related posts over the years. I mention the pattern because it supports 'a need'  to discuss it more. Since the game is developed for pc and the workshop things usually only discuss and resolve from a pc perspective, and then those choices just implemented to our controllers and that. lends to the appearance  of being without our concerns

10 hours ago, (PS4)jockhotty said:

It is a pattern over many related posts over the years. I mention the pattern because it supports 'a need'  to discuss it more. Since the game is developed for pc and the workshop things usually only discuss and resolve from a pc perspective, and then those choices just implemented to our controllers and that. lends to the appearance  of being without our concerns

That's both a meta complaint and something that should likely be reserved for it's own post. Controller functionality is still important on PC although you are right the general populace snubs it a bit. Coming at the game from a disabled perspective controllers let a lot more people play warframe on PC.

Warframe really does need a less limited and more robust Controller customization, it's one of the places it's sorely lacking. PC can avoid some of this by using steam warframe and customizing the controller buttons in steam instead of warframe. Corded presses, outer ring button triggers, ability to bind keyboard buttons to controller inputs (so you can bind more gear items) These are all things that should be in the base game.

• 4 weeks later...