Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Helminth Cyst, how do I get rid of it?

Rumsar

Ok, so this is really weird. It also is just be me but it's something that somehow has me really not picking back up the game.  
So here goes.
I fundamentally hate the cyst! I stopped playing just as Nidus came out and never went back after discovering that there was some disease out there that could affect my frames and I had no choice about it.  It freaking offends me on some core level that I didn't even know I had.  I don't like feeling this way, and I'm not even sure why i don't like it. I can't explain my utter hatred for the stupid mechanic. Maybe because the game treated it like an STD and I avoided those like the plague when wasn't married? 

I want to come back, there is a lot of new stuff to see and do but this is really keeping me from enjoying the game living in fear of Warframe AIDS. I guess it was suppose to work like that but I can't seem get past the fact that even though I put about 2000 hours into the game I can't bring myself to open up the game and have to deal with that stuff. I would probably feel much different if I could subject myself to it willingly but until them I have a insurmountable hurdle that is keeping me from playing the game again.  I'm sure I'll get roasted for this and get a lot of "Just suck it up and go get your AIDS!" but I think I'd rather just do other stuff safe in the knowledge that my Frames are safe and STD free.

If there is a way to prevent me from having to deal with it (besides just do single player, if that even works) please let me know.  I'd be happy to work and try to farm up my Mesa Prime!

Best that I can recommend is to get it now (for all the frames that don't have it or are already cured), logoff and don't come back for a week (possibly more), then when you do comeback all cyst will be fully grown and you can get cured in the infested room of your orbiter. Pretty much do this anytime you get a new frame.

48 minutes ago, Rumsar said:

Maybe because the game treated it like an STD

The game never treated it like a STD, Either you treated it like a STD or you simply listened to what some of the community semi treated it as.

And the community treated it like a STD because, well you know despite most of us being grown up we are all a little bit immature every now and again.

you big rude, nidus sama wants only to share his hidden...hum....beauty...

you can remove the cyst after 7 days in the infested room on your orbiter, its a bit annoying but is  not the end of the world

ah yes you can squeeze the cyst on a dog egg to get an infested dog

7 minutes ago, Hellmaker2004 said:

And the community treated it like a STD because, well you know despite most of us being grown up we are all a little bit immature every now and again.

Of course, I understand that. but I would think that after how many years, that it would run its course and that they (DE) could allow us to just choose if we wanted to be effected of not.

6 minutes ago, Sharkgoblin said:

you big rude, nidus sama wants only to share his hidden...hum....beauty...

you can remove the cyst after 7 days in the infested room on your orbiter, its a bit annoying but is  not the end of the world

ah yes you can squeeze the cyst on a dog egg to get an infested dog

and to you good sir..... Ew, not helping. LOL!

1 hour ago, Rumsar said:

If there is a way to prevent me from having to deal with it

Depends what you mean by this. You can build the frame, get it infected then hide it in the Arsenal and not use it for seven days. Then just cure it. Pretty simple really. You can just pretend like the Cyst stops you using said frame for a week.

7 minutes ago, krc473 said:

Depends what you mean by this. You can build the frame, get it infected then hide it in the Arsenal and not use it for seven days. Then just cure it. Pretty simple really. You can just pretend like the Cyst stops you using said frame for a week.

Sigh, and here is the crux. I can't just 'pretend' I wish I could, but my brain matter would just put it my noggin, "can you just pretend you didn't have -insert any major disease here- and move on?" 

Edited by Rumsar

2 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

I think you’re making a bigger deal about this than it actually is. It’s just a cosmetic annoyance for 1 week. Like a pimple.

I know. I know it's just my own issue and my own problem but if it's keeping me from wanting to play the game maybe I just let it go and not ever come back.  

1 hour ago, Rumsar said:

If there is a way to prevent me from having to deal with it (besides just do single player, if that even works) please let me know.  I'd be happy to work and try to farm up my Mesa Prime!

Let it grow to full size, then go to the back room and have it removed, it also makes that frame immune to ever having a cyst grow again.

It may take a few days to let it grow, but after that you'll never see it again on that frame.

7 minutes ago, Rumsar said:

Sigh, and here is the crux. I can't just 'pretend' I wish I could, but my brain matter would just put it my noggin, "can you just pretend you didn't have -insert any major disease here- and move on?" 

That's interesting. Because you're pretending that it's a real thing, infecting real people, when in reality it's just part of a "video game". 

See how that works? 

4 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

That's interesting. Because you're pretending that it's a real thing, infecting real people, when in reality it's just part of a "video game". 

See how that works? 

Yes, yes I do. It just rubs me the wrong way and I can't shake it off lol.

Edited by Rumsar

16 minutes ago, Rumsar said:

Well, I guess if you are not prepared to compromise on this then you won’t be able to play. I don’t think DE is going to change it. The current system, while annoying, is fine. Perhaps if people provide reasonable and coherent arguments against it DE might listen. 

• All arguments I have seen just seem to be: “I hate it because I hate it. And I don’t know why I hate it this much”.

10 minutes ago, krc473 said:

Well, I guess if you are not prepared to compromise on this then you won’t be able to play. I don’t think DE is going to change it. The current system, while annoying, is fine. Perhaps if people provide reasonable and coherent arguments against it DE might listen. 

• All arguments I have seen just seem to be: “I hate it because I hate it. And I don’t know why I hate it this much”.

Ah, fair enough.  I guess the fundamental basis of exactly why is 2 fold. 1) the stigma that it obtained (STD and all that) and  2) It takes away my choice. That's the bigger deal i'm thinking,  I can't choose to not have it. I can choose to remove it sure but if you get (this is just an example now)  kicked in the face you can make it go away with some Advil or the like.  I'd rather choose to prevent me getting it at all and because I can't, it really seems to effect me more then I'd like to admit.

1 hour ago, Rumsar said:

1) the stigma that it obtained (STD and all that) and  2) It takes away my choice

I have never come across anyone that views it being called “Space AIDS” as serious. Everyone seems to understand it is just a joke. I don’t see why there would be any stigma behind it. But hey, you can be the first.

1 hour ago, Rumsar said:

kicked in the face you can make it go away with some Advil or the like. 

This seems like an odd example. That could a lot of damage, if kicked hard enough. I am fairly sure that Advil doesn’t repair bones or anything. 

My suggestion is probably just: give up, it’s not going to change anytime soon. If this is such a big deal to you. You are far better just never coming back - the stress(?) caused by the cyst won’t be worth it.

• The exception being: if it gets changed.

Yeah, I guess. or maybe one day i'll just say screw it and go anyway.  knowing my luck they'll change it the day after i get infected lol.  I wouldn't call it stress but maybe an off putting feeling?  I donno.

yay i'm first at something lol!

Thanks everyone for at least listening to my thoughts and not roasting me too bad.

2 hours ago, Rumsar said:

I can't choose to not have it. I can choose to remove it sure but if you get (this is just an example now)  kicked in the face you can make it go away with some Advil or the like. 

Benefits of growing up in the tropics, I guess. There's stuff like dengue, (chik-v and zika now too) where there's really nothing that you can take to get rid of it, and Advil can kill you if you take it while you are sick. 

Sucks for a week and then you bounce back.