Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So we got another Ghoul Purge...

(PSN)cardinalphoenix

Anyone else think the Ghoul Purge bounties should just be added as permanent fixtures to the Cetus Bounties? In fact, they only have two Ghoul bounties when it comes around, if they add another three, there can be 10 total bounties permanently available in Cetus at all times, the Ghoul Bounties can even be harder higher level bounties with more lucrative rewards. Then Plague Star can be the new monthly Cetus event.

Thoughts?

Seems more like it's timed to fit in with nightwave finishing so you can still get nitain....

Honestly though I have zero interest in doing ghoul bounties, even though I need a few codex lore bits, because I basically have everything they drop and my cetus standing is maxed.... it's the same issue as fissures on OV (maxed there too) and normal bounties in all honesty. 

All ghouls do (same with plague star) is just annoy us if we want to do mining, conservation or fishing

• Like 1

Just now, LSG501 said:

Seems more like it's timed to fit in with nightwave finishing so you can still get nitain....

Honestly though I have zero interest in doing ghoul bounties, even though I need a few codex lore bits, because I basically have everything they drop and my cetus standing is maxed.... it's the same issue as fissures on OV (maxed there too) and normal bounties in all honesty. 

All ghouls do (same with plague star) is just annoy us if we want to do mining, conservation or fishing

I want to agree, but there's been at least one or two times when we were between Nightwave series' and Ghouls weren't up. So we were left with no way to get Nitain. Doesn't affect me, Nightwave has me at around 170+ Nitain and I'm inching closer to MR25, so I barely have need of it anymore...

Though, Ghoul Bounties could use an additional look over in terms of their reward offerings as well as the standard ones, either in how random they are, or what the higher value ones give out.

Incidentally, I would be all for a way to gauge how active or inactive the open world areas are so the more chill activities like mining or fishing or conservation are easier. I like doing them once in a while, but taking fire during them is exceptionally annoying, completely agree there.

I dont see a prob for permanent ghoul bounties..  I wouldnt make 5 just 3 so they take up a single row... is the Nittain Extract the reason this is being asked for?  I dont think DE want them to be permanently in there...  but as a rare reward props to whoever could farm tons of it from that......   Making those weapon blueprints available to newbs is prob the reason they show up so often.....

On the other hand with plague star....totally dont know how the rewards work anymore.  After they nerfed Ember I stopped doing it.  There 2 different poisons to use, some people are scumbags and leech/dont help.   You have to waste resources to make the poison.   If they took that part out it might be alot more fun to run.  It needs some more rewards than plague weapon parts and arcanes and forma....   (maybe add in normal zaw parts for weapon types we dont have now...like nun-chucks, dual daggers, whip,  ect. ).

I wish ghouls showed up in alot higher numbers while doing regular bounties.  Would make them alot harder and or alot easier depending on your frame lol.   

-----------------

In my opinion...Eidolons require way to much prep.  As laggy as hell as Profit Taker is and as buggy as hell as Exploiter is I can have fun running those any time I want... Eidolons are only  there during the night,  require waaay to much crap and teamwork.   It would be nice if they got split up into individual fights.  It would be nice if you had access to those missions 24/7.   If you take an eido bounty...it takes place at night(with a time limit??)...even if its daytime out..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

I dont see a prob for permanent ghoul bounties..  I wouldnt make 5 just 3 so they take up a single row... is the Nittain Extract the reason this is being asked for?  I dont think DE want them to be permanently in there...  but as a rare reward props to whoever could farm tons of it from that......   Making those weapon blueprints available to newbs is prob the reason they show up so often.....

On the other hand with plague star....totally dont know how the rewards work anymore.  After they nerfed Ember I stopped doing it.  There 2 different poisons to use, some people are scumbags and leech/dont help.   You have to waste resources to make the poison.   If they took that part out it might be alot more fun to run.  It needs some more rewards than plague weapon parts and arcanes and forma....   (maybe add in normal zaw parts for weapon types we dont have now...like nun-chucks, dual daggers, whip,  ect. ).

I wish ghouls showed up in alot higher numbers while doing regular bounties.  Would make them alot harder and or alot easier depending on your frame lol.   

-----------------

In my opinion...Eidolons require way to much prep.  As laggy as hell as Profit Taker is and as buggy as hell as Exploiter is I can have fun running those any time I want... Eidolons are only  there during the night,  require waaay to much crap and teamwork.   It would be nice if they got split up into individual fights.  It would be nice if you had access to those missions 24/7.   If you take an eido bounty...it takes place at night(with a time limit??)...even if its daytime out..

Nah, I was saying to another commenter that I have over 170 Nitain, so that wasn't the reason I made this suggestion. I made it because a) the two open-world hubs could use more variety in the bounties they offer, and b) the Ghoul Purge comes around so regularly, it might as well be permanent. I do agree with adjusting their rewards, though, as well as finding a way to phase out, say, the lore items and mods and weapon/warframe BPs a player already has to either refine the reward pool to the remaining items, or just change them out for other things people need more.

Yeah, I don't know if the Plague Star routine has changed along the way. I've only done it twice, and this last time it came was the only time I actually succeeded at it. You still  craft the two items, one buffs the boss/rep rewards, the other adds more boss encounters, I think? Incidentally, I found Ember really useful during Plague Star still. I didn't have her to use while she was "good," but I started low-key maining her lately due to all the criticism and she helped me a lot. But to your point, yeah, more saw parts and arcanes, I'm all for it, sounds good.

As for Eidolons, I mean...I agree they're a bit involved, but I think they're supposed to be. Most other Warframe bosses are pretty easy to knock over. Warframe can use lots of gigantic bosses that are tough to take down. Well...tough for a while. Until you get geared up enough to do 5 tri-captures in one night cycle. Yikes. But yes, agree there as well, splitting the three Eidolons up, at least, for sure. Don't know if they could be accessible 24/7 based on how the Plains does day/night, but if that was possible, sure, I'd be for that too.

Ghoul Purge is a periodic event that happens every 2 weeks if I am not wrong, same as Thermia Fractures, although ghoul bounties have rewards on doing them every time, for relics or chance to nitain, compared to the thermia that once you get the 100 score for Opticor V there is no reason to ever do them again.

Just now, Diavoros said:

Ghoul Purge is a periodic event that happens every 2 weeks if I am not wrong, same as Thermia Fractures, although ghoul bounties have rewards on doing them every time, for relics or chance to nitain, compared to the thermia that once you get the 100 score for Opticor V there is no reason to ever do them again.

The thermia fractures event doesn't just get you Opticor Vandal, it also gets you Diluted Thermia resource which can be used to access the Exploiter Orb battle. But even after you get Hildryn and the ephemera and copious amounts of rare resources from Exploiter, she also drops Lazulite Toroids to spend in Little Duck's shop for amp parts, arcanes, and Baruuk. So yes, while there is a limit to all that and you can eventually get everything and not need to do it anymore, Thermia is at least tied to MORE to get over a longer period than the Ghoul Purge. I can agree there.

I'm just saying that since the Ghoul bounties are slightly different (not vastly, but a little bit), and some of the relic rewards and nitain and such are different rewards, making them permanent would be a good, albeit minuscule change. I've found farming specific relics from open world bounties to be a lot better than getting them from star map nodes, for instance.

1 minute ago, (PS4)cardinalphoenix said:

The thermia fractures event doesn't just get you Opticor Vandal, it also gets you Diluted Thermia resource which can be used to access the Exploiter Orb battle. But even after you get Hildryn and the ephemera and copious amounts of rare resources from Exploiter, she also drops Lazulite Toroids to spend in Little Duck's shop for amp parts, arcanes, and Baruuk. So yes, while there is a limit to all that and you can eventually get everything and not need to do it anymore, Thermia is at least tied to MORE to get over a longer period than the Ghoul Purge. I can agree there.

I'm just saying that since the Ghoul bounties are slightly different (not vastly, but a little bit), and some of the relic rewards and nitain and such are different rewards, making them permanent would be a good, albeit minuscule change. I've found farming specific relics from open world bounties to be a lot better than getting them from star map nodes, for instance.

The thing is that by the time you completed the 100 score you have enough diluted thermia to do exploiter several times. Also, having ghouls around the plains ALL TIME would be so damn annoying.

Just now, Diavoros said:

The thing is that by the time you completed the 100 score you have enough diluted thermia to do exploiter several times. Also, having ghouls around the plains ALL TIME would be so damn annoying.

Oh, I know. I did the full Thermia event and haven't had to go back and do it the fractures again one single time yet because I've had so many leftover. Honestly, I wish there were thermia based bounties or some other reason to get them beyond just Exploiter. I loved the Exploiter fight, but...in terms of adding more persistent content, that's what I'm thinking about most here.

As for ghouls being on the Plains at all times, I mean...Warframe's open worlds have a distinct problem with a severe lack of action taking place in them. So honestly, they could use more going on, even if you're annoyed by fighting Ghouls. That said, they could be relegated to just occurring when doing the Ghoul specific bounties. I was saying to someone else that it's annoying trying to mine or fish and getting pestered by enemies, it'd be nice to mitigate that somehow.

But in terms of needing more activity out on the Plains and Vallis, that's also a problem. and ghouls constantly being out there is only going to mean more action for us Tenno. Which is a good thing.

3 hours ago, (PS4)cardinalphoenix said:

I want to agree, but there's been at least one or two times when we were between Nightwave series' and Ghouls weren't up. 

Since it's only the second season, we've only had one time where we were between nightwave seasons. 

Just now, Miser_able said:

Since it's only the second season, we've only had one time where we were between nightwave seasons. 

Actually, we had the period between Season 1 and Intermission, and the period between Intermission and Season 2, and now we have the period between Season 2 and the upcoming Intermission.

Minimum, it's 3. 🙂

Just now, Autongnosis said:

Why not, 2 more bounties up for shiggles and also 1 grineer and 1 ghoul lv 100+ bounty sorta like a mini raid, rotated weekly maybe? 

I'm in, sounds good to me.

I just figure the standard Ghoul visit every couple weeks has gotten a little stale. With a week or two working on it, it could be made more persistent and offer more variety in activities. Your idea is also great. 😄 

3 minutes ago, (PS4)cardinalphoenix said:

I'm not opposed. That's why I suggested 5 total Ghoul Bounties. They could be higher level than the standard 5.

As for sustainable rewards, what did you have in mind?

Kuva (and endo in a lesser extent), at a rate per minute similar to kuva survival

2 minutes ago, Luciole77 said:

its is the same itens over and over...maybe DE can put surprise things there like baro?

You mean, the rewards from the ghoul bounties?

Maybe. I'd rather see certain things reliably be there, but be things we all usually need lots of. I mean, look at how Baro is viewed by most people. "Oh look, he's carrying Primed Disappointment because he has nothing new." We expect or hope for new things and don't get them, it'd be worse than those places carrying the same things but needing them more often, I think.

2 minutes ago, MonsterOfMyOwn said:

Kuva (and endo in a lesser extent), at a rate per minute similar to kuva survival

Eh, maybe. The reason people need/want so much Kuva is tied to Riven cycling/randomization being such a massive problem, and that's kind of a bigger discussion for another thread...

But I'm not opposed to another Kuva source, that'd be fine.