Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stop "FIXING" Mastery Rank Tests

(XBOX)RedneckRanger93

Can we just get the test be able to take it, then help out our friends who are struggling with it. It seems unfair that when a community as big and great as this one is, doesnt get to share there knowledge with newer players because the creators are changing things. This not only frustrates newer players but also older ones as well, as they cant help out. Please stop messing with every little thing that becomes easy for new players because methods are posted on streaming services. Like youtube, twitch, mixer, etc.

Kind of defeats the point of a mastery test if you need someone else to show you how to or they even has to do it for you....

There is even the option of practising before trying it for real too.... go see cephalon simaris and to the right are the tests.

• Like 2

6 минут назад, LSG501 сказал:

Kind of defeats the point of a mastery test if you need someone else to show you how to or they even has to do it for you....

There is even the option of practising before trying it for real too.... go see cephalon simaris and to the right are the tests.

MR tests are BS and always were. There is nothing wrong with helping a fellow player in a coop game to beat an artifical barrier. If you think that you achieve something by doing it - think again. MR tests are a waste of time. I stopped carrying about those after MR 20.
The sole purpose of MR test is to prevent your progress.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

You mean like how you learn to drive a car? Pretty sure someone with experience teaches less experienced how to do that... You are also missing that some people find things easier to do over others. Personally the tests are a bit of a joke if you aren't carried the whole way through. Most people are sitting on Venus or even Earth getting taxied around and never played all elements of the game.

9 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

That I will agree with but the fact it doesn't show up in the main menu like the test do, hurts new players. (Was missing when I last took a test when MR27 was available) They need to make it more clear that practice tests exist.

25 minutes ago, (XB1)RedneckRanger93 said:

Can we just get the test be able to take it

All tests should be in a complete state. Being that content is locked behind MR ranks, this needs to be resolved above a lot of other things. Bugs happens but this is important.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Unibot said:

MR tests are BS and always were.

Bold statement.
The tests are easy as heck. Because of that they can't really be called tests, or challenges. That I will give you.
Some people say that theses tests don't test ones skills.
But at the same time there are people struggling a lot doing these tests. There are quite a lot of threads here with some juicy rants on how people failed the tests. But what does it mean if someone failed a test? Maybe they weren't skilled enough?
So you could say that these tests are testing your skills.
So are they really BS? Maybe you want to elaborate?

Btw. best test ever is MR17 test. People crying about it being impossible to get form one orb to the next one... 16 ranks and people never used bullet jump? Amazing, isn't it?

Edit:
Could someone explain to me what OP is talking about?
Why would a higher rank player be unable to share knowledge? You can redo any test at Simaris. Just redo the test your friend has issues doing. And then share your knowledge.
And tests aren't changing all that much these days.

I did a lot of the old tests. (parcour test with parcour 1.0... anyone?)
Should I rant because my knowledge from back then is worthless? No, because skill, what these tests are supposed to test, means being able to adapt. I'm able to adapt to the new tests...

Edited by WhiteMarker
  • Like 1

Everyone hates tutorials, especially when they tell you what to do.
These are gates to show beyond a shadow of a doubt,
that you understand the mechanics thus far,
and are familiar with at least x portion of weapons and frames.

There is no right answer here.
Half the people are screaming, TOO EASY
Half the people are feeling it's too confusing or hard..
No one wants their hands held,
DE needs to be able to test that their mechanics
actually work and aren't just cheesed by an exploit.
..and we're still in Beta, so nothing is certain or set in stone.

They suuure aren't perfect.
They cannot be perfect.
Still too easy for some, too confusing for others..
but there also MUST be some real and technical challenge that exists outside of public.
There needs to be a great filter to be certain not everyone is being carried 100%,
and then has no idea how bad they botch a high level mission when it counts.

Part of the community is only getting by with watching a youtube video of how to cheat it.
Other parts of the community are dumbfounded when an MR19 can't stealth.

We only NEED to reach MR14 to have unlocked every possible master locked item.

And most importantly... if the vast majority of people are Totally incapable of beating
a test, then DE will need to revise what is wrong with that particular mechanic to cause
the serious trouble.

Edited by kapn655321

1 hour ago, Unibot said:

MR tests are BS and always were. There is nothing wrong with helping a fellow player in a coop game to beat an artifical barrier. If you think that you achieve something by doing it - think again. MR tests are a waste of time. I stopped carrying about those after MR 20.

I totally agree with this..MR tests are a waste of time, and frustrate players, especially new players.  who I've seen fail their MR test and after a few times, they go off and play other games.. counter productive to the game to lose players over something that has no effect in the game, MR shouldnt have a test as well as all the MR XP you need .. but its DE's way to slow the game progression down of course..

7 minutes ago, -AncientWarrior- said:

counter productive to the game to lose players over something that has no effect in the game

Not No effect.

We lose just as many players who feels it's just, "too easy."
Weapons, standing caps, and rivens are gated by mastery rank,
so there is a function.

It's also supposed to make sure people know what they're doing,
and haven't been carried as I mentioned in an earlier post.

Hello fellow Tenno. First of all I want to give a big thanks to all the people who've helped me  out in game.So far i've felt very welcome.Im fairly new to the game but play almost every day so don't call me casual. I've hit the wall at master rank 9 and my internet connection is sketchy at the best of times.This is only R9 and there are 20 more to go , so far.Here is my problem . I can practice until i'm blue in the face but get only one chance to get it right . During this  penalty time I cannot collect any affinity and can only rank up gears.Why do I have to wait 24 hrs and why not allow unlimited attempts at say mid level ranks and up ?  I m fine with tests like these and think they are important in understanding the mechanics of the game . But seriously  they came be game changers for others.Some say these tests are easy well I say good for them . There are other things in game that you could be doing ,oh sure there are but you still need to rank up to progress.So now I log in practice ,fail the test and play for a bit then log off. I know i'll never be one of those elitists who fly through everything and finish new content in a couple of days.Im here to relax and enjoy a good game at a steady pace and maybe meet new friends.

My level of enthusiasm is dropping now that i'm hung up on this test .This isn't even mid level yet .If you can't pass the test what's the point of playing anymore ? Where can you go from there ? Drift around the star chart doing level 30 and under ?There is so much to this game that won't be accessible. Its like when you buy a game and have to fight that boss you can never seem to defeat what happens..you shelve the game.

1 hour ago, Unibot said:

You really want to compare driving a car to playing warframe....

The sole purpose of MR tests is to see if you can actually do what the test is asking you to do..... if you can't then you haven't 'mastered' that aspect of the game. 

Is it annoying if you fail, yes, but you also can fail a driving test, which you have to take alone...

1 hour ago, Zelmen said:

You mean like how you learn to drive a car? Pretty sure someone with experience teaches less experienced how to do that... You are also missing that some people find things easier to do over others. Personally the tests are a bit of a joke if you aren't carried the whole way through. Most people are sitting on Venus or even Earth getting taxied around and never played all elements of the game.

That I will agree with but the fact it doesn't show up in the main menu like the test do, hurts new players. (Was missing when I last took a test when MR27 was available) They need to make it more clear that practice tests exist.

All tests should be in a complete state. Being that content is locked behind MR ranks, this needs to be resolved above a lot of other things. Bugs happens but this is important.

While I agree the practice option could be made more obvious it still doesn't mean we should be dumbing down MR tests, apart from maybe issues with the design of the test environment (platforms can blend in) they're not exactly hard and we should have 'something' to act as a 'player level' in game. 

5 minutes ago, Deadlites said:

During this  penalty time I cannot collect any affinity and can only rank up gears.

Your affinity is 'banked' for when you pass the MR test and you will essentially receive it in a big lump on doing so.  You're not actually unable to gain or losing any of the affinity, it's just not being shown anywhere... yes this could be explained a LOT better in game.

Also MR9 test might be a little bugged right now due to the change to enemies in an update a short while ago (ivara sleep arrow bug fix one)....

Edited by LSG501

16 hours ago, LSG501 said:

still doesn't mean we should be dumbing down MR tests

I agree. My comment was for the fact that if DE or anyone is requesting to dumb them don't should let it be. None of them are hard unless you were carried through the game. My car example was focus on the comment that experience players shouldn't need to teach new players. Which I disagree with. Any game that requires strategy to complete a test based on fundamental game mechs usually a good one. Picking out proper weapons and frames should be basic 101 for anyone playing. There is something for everyone. Have trouble making big jumps? Zephyr or Titania could help or use mods for extra jump height / Air time. Need to follow a target to capture it? Bring Rhino or Limbo (hang in the rift). You can cheese almost any test if you understand it.

В 23.10.2019 в 00:11, LSG501 сказал:

You really want to compare driving a car to playing warframe....

The sole purpose of MR tests is to see if you can actually do what the test is asking you to do..... if you can't then you haven't 'mastered' that aspect of the game. 

Is it annoying if you fail, yes, but you also can fail a driving test, which you have to take alone...

While I agree the practice option could be made more obvious it still doesn't mean we should be dumbing down MR tests, apart from maybe issues with the design of the test environment (platforms can blend in) they're not exactly hard and we should have 'something' to act as a 'player level' in game. 

I do not want to compare playing games to driving cars. Where did you get that idea ? My statement is that its obsolete, its a waste of time and serves only as unnesesary timesink and a wall before your progress.
Most of things you are required to do during those "tests" - things you never do during normal missions. So what did you mastered exactly ?
And no, its not annoying to fail. Its annoying that it has a cooldown to progress of 24 hours, its annoying that it is required to progress, its annoying that it exists in the first time.

Early rank tests did involve stuff you do during normal missions. Then DE got out of ideas and instead of burying the old concept - they kept it and continue to shove it to players.
Its not the first thread about removal of that atrocity, nor it will be the last, cause DE are DEaf to community feedback.

At least they could remove the hoarding part, so you can progress without requiring you to hoard tons of mastery fodder junk, but no, how else would you buy more precious inventory slots.

Edited by Unibot

29 minutes ago, Unibot said:

I do not want to compare playing games to driving cars. Where did you get that idea ? My statement is that its obsolete, its a waste of time and serves only as unnesesary timesink and a wall before your progress.
Most of things you are required to do during those "tests" - things you never do during normal missions. So what did you mastered exactly ?
And no, its not annoying to fail. Its annoying that it has a cooldown to progress of 24 hours, its annoying that it is required to progress, its annoying that it exists in the first time.

Early rank tests did involve stuff you do during normal missions. Then DE got out of ideas and instead of burying the old concept - they kept it and continue to shove it to players.
Its not the first thread about removal of that atrocity, nor it will be the last, cause DE are DEaf to community feedback.

At least they could remove the hoarding part, so you can progress without requiring you to hoard tons of mastery fodder junk, but no, how else would you buy more precious inventory slots.

Ah the car bit was supposed to be with the other quote... no idea how it switched

I disagree with pretty much everything you've just said... I didn't see anything in the MR tests (I'm mr27) I've done that didn't relate to the game in some way.   If you fail then I see no issue with having a delay before you can try again...

The fact that DE allows you to continue to accrue MR standing even without passing the test is a positive, many other games would have made you grind to a halt.   As to slots, well DE seem to be giving them away now in nightwave, you can get 'free' plat from trading so no idea why you're moaning over the fact that DE actually needs to make money 'somehow' and slots are one of the few areas they've chosen to be 'plat only'. 

Edited by LSG501

В 28.10.2019 в 22:19, LSG501 сказал:

Ah the car bit was supposed to be with the other quote... no idea how it switched

I disagree with pretty much everything you've just said... I didn't see anything in the MR tests (I'm mr27) I've done that didn't relate to the game in some way.   If you fail then I see no issue with having a delay before you can try again...

The fact that DE allows you to continue to accrue MR standing even without passing the test is a positive, many other games would have made you grind to a halt.   As to slots, well DE seem to be giving them away now in nightwave, you can get 'free' plat from trading so no idea why you're moaning over the fact that DE actually needs to make money 'somehow' and slots are one of the few areas they've chosen to be 'plat only'. 

You either don't read or don't care. I assume the second.
I have no complaint about slots for stuff in f2p games (In fact I bought many and I still haven't got ridden of most MR fodder items game currently has). It's the progress blocker that I am unhappy with.
"didn't relate to the game in some way" Don't make excuses with that deceiving wording. Buying plat for real money in some way is related to the game, but it doesn't sound right to make a mastery test with this kind of action(and I am sure that even if DE did that - you would still justified their actions).
And in case you still don't understand or simply don't want to understand what I meant by "things you never do during normal missions" and NOT "things in some way related to the game" here is a list:

Mastery Rank 10 - Disappearing Platform Test (Any missions with no ground to stand other than disapearing platforms as you shoot stuff ? Any ?)

Mastery Rank 11 - Time Trial Test (Shooting stuff with a timer, nuff said. And no, survival mission mechanics are way more rich. It is as boring as survival missions though.)

Mastery Rank 12 - Carousel Test (Forced to run in circles while shooting stuff. Please stop, I'm gonna puke..)

Mastery Rank 13 - Advanced Disappearing Platform Test (MR 10, we met again...)

Mastery Rank 17 - Advanced Timed Exterminate Test (Not much different from MR 11.)

Mastery Rank 19 - Stealth Rescue Test (You are not forced to do stealth rescue in real missions. Nor you are forced to destroy static targets scattered around map while rescuing braindead AI.)

Mastery Rank 20 - Archwing Time Trial Test (Present on howerboard yes, not present on archwing. Point taken ?)

Mastery Rank 21 - Timed Exterminate Test (What ? How ? It's the same as MR 17! Copy + paste is a DE favorite recipe. Why ? Don't ask. Even DE have no idea.)

Mastery Rank 23 - Mobile Point Capture Test (Yes this is the most I disliked. No, you are not required to run along with things to capture them. You shoot them in the face(,legs,groin) and casualy walk to pick em up.)

Mastery Rank 25 - Deployable Archwing Exterminate Test (Even eidolon bounties are not as boring as this one. And look, the timer is back! You do love times ? Well, you better do!)

Mastery Rank 26 - Advanced Mobile Point Capture Test (Same as MR 23. I still did not even try it. I just got fed up with that BS objectives. No more.)

A progress blocker that requires me to hoard stuff, has tasks I will never do in current game missions and on top of that has a 24 hours cooldown - this is what a mastery rank test is. A grindy and unnecessary time waste.
How many times did you re-do any of those tests after completing them, you know just to have fun ? Cause I did none. And it seems you are not that different from me in that regard, just done them and forgot about it. You just passed em and it's no longer your problem, its ok. But that doesn't make them any good or needed.

Edited by Unibot

В 28.10.2019 в 22:18, Uhkretor сказал:

... Well, if it was me, you would have to do those in order to unlock the "advanced" stuff... be glad its not me, but its [DE]...

Be glad for what ? For you posting this unjustified excuse ? Now be glad that I read your meaningless post and back up you point of view.

Edited by Unibot

8 minutes ago, Unibot said:

Be glad for what ? For you posting this unjustified excuse ? Now be glad that I read your meaningless post and back up you point of view.

I don't really know how you failed to understand something so upfront and easy to understand, especially by the part "if it was me" and be able to communicate in a forum, less alone to play any game...

Note: I am not forced to back up my point of view, because you failed to understand a single sentence with no subliminal second reasons, which should be immune to miunderstandings. Unfortunately, you just made the impossible.

My point of view is telling you what I would've done if I was part of [DE]... Which I'm not, unfortunately. I am a simply player, like you are, and therefore you can be glad it wasn't me coming up with those Mastery Rank tests, otherwise you would have a serious problem with them all... Now, if you have a problem with any of those tests, that's your problem, not mine. If you failed to understand their purpose, then its your failure, not mine. I understood their purpose, and both the reasoning for them to exist and the sense they make, but I honestly say that Mastery Tests are outdated.

... They are, there's no other way to see it. Most of those tests were made for Parkour 1.0, which was outright reworked, and the affected Mastery Ranks weren't properly reviewed and updated.

Now, I would be really appreciated if you stop quoting me and pulling me into a topic that, at the lack of a better friendly word, is senseless AF and is downright stupid. I have no interest in engaging with anyone in this topic, but be advised that if you quote me again, I will be morally obligated to reply and I may not be as easygoing as I'm being right now... Thanks in advance and have fun discussing whatever else you want, while keeping it on-topic, with anyone else.

1 hour ago, Unibot said:

You either don't read or don't care. I assume the second.
I have no complaint about slots for stuff in f2p games (In fact I bought many and I still haven't got ridden of most MR fodder items game currently has). It's the progress blocker that I am unhappy with.
"didn't relate to the game in some way" Don't make excuses with that deceiving wording. Buying plat for real money in some way is related to the game, but it doesn't sound right to make a mastery test with this kind of action(and I am sure that even if DE did that - you would still justified their actions).
And in case you still don't understand or simply don't want to understand what I meant by "things you never do during normal missions" and NOT "things in some way related to the game" here is a list:

Mastery Rank 10 - Disappearing Platform Test (Any missions with no ground to stand other than disapearing platforms as you shoot stuff ? Any ?)

Mastery Rank 11 - Time Trial Test (Shooting stuff with a timer, nuff said. And no, survival mission mechanics are way more rich. It is as boring as survival missions though.)

Mastery Rank 12 - Carousel Test (Forced to run in circles while shooting stuff. Please stop, I'm gonna puke..)

Mastery Rank 13 - Advanced Disappearing Platform Test (MR 10, we met again...)

Mastery Rank 17 - Advanced Timed Exterminate Test (Not much different from MR 11.)

Mastery Rank 19 - Stealth Rescue Test (You are not forced to do stealth rescue in real missions. Nor you are forced to destroy static targets scattered around map while rescuing braindead AI.)

Mastery Rank 20 - Archwing Time Trial Test (Present on howerboard yes, not present on archwing. Point taken ?)

Mastery Rank 21 - Timed Exterminate Test (What ? How ? It's the same as MR 17! Copy + paste is a DE favorite recipe. Why ? Don't ask. Even DE have no idea.)

Mastery Rank 23 - Mobile Point Capture Test (Yes this is the most I disliked. No, you are not required to run along with things to capture them. You shoot them in the face(,legs,groin) and casualy walk to pick em up.)

Mastery Rank 25 - Deployable Archwing Exterminate Test (Even eidolon bounties are not as boring as this one. And look, the timer is back! You do love times ? Well, you better do!)

Mastery Rank 26 - Advanced Mobile Point Capture Test (Same as MR 23. I still did not even try it. I just got fed up with that BS objectives. No more.)

A progress blocker that requires me to hoard stuff, has tasks I will never do in current game missions and on top of that has a 24 hours cooldown - this is what a mastery rank test is. A grindy and unnecessary time waste.
How many times did you re-do any of those tests after completing them, you know just to have fun ? Cause I did none. And it seems you are not that different from me in that regard, just done them and forgot about it. You just passed em and it's no longer your problem, its ok. But that doesn't make them any good or needed.

And... I don't see an issue with those as tests.  It seems like you're basically complaining because YOU don't see a need for them.  I don't see a reason not to have them, they all have some relevance to the game imo. 

Adding in timers is a way to test if you're actually up to a certain standard, if you can't see the reasoning behind that then there is literally nothing that is going to help you understand why DE have these tests. 

Considering how much you seem to hate them I have no idea why you're complaining about needing to do the same test at a higher MR... you should be able to breeze through it the second time....

And in all honesty... I really don't care that you don't like them, I see no reason for them to be removed it really is that simple but feel free to keep quoting me so I can keep saying the same thing over and over to you..

Oh and the irony about you moaning about a grindy MR test when the whole premise of the game is basically grinding for stuff....

Edited by LSG501

21 час назад, Uhkretor сказал:

I don't really know how you failed to understand something so upfront and easy to understand, especially by the part "if it was me" and be able to communicate in a forum, less alone to play any game...

Note: I am not forced to back up my point of view, because you failed to understand a single sentence with no subliminal second reasons, which should be immune to miunderstandings. Unfortunately, you just made the impossible.

My point of view is telling you what I would've done if I was part of [DE]... Which I'm not, unfortunately. I am a simply player, like you are, and therefore you can be glad it wasn't me coming up with those Mastery Rank tests, otherwise you would have a serious problem with them all... Now, if you have a problem with any of those tests, that's your problem, not mine. If you failed to understand their purpose, then its your failure, not mine. I understood their purpose, and both the reasoning for them to exist and the sense they make, but I honestly say that Mastery Tests are outdated.

... They are, there's no other way to see it. Most of those tests were made for Parkour 1.0, which was outright reworked, and the affected Mastery Ranks weren't properly reviewed and updated.

Now, I would be really appreciated if you stop quoting me and pulling me into a topic that, at the lack of a better friendly word, is senseless AF and is downright stupid. I have no interest in engaging with anyone in this topic, but be advised that if you quote me again, I will be morally obligated to reply and I may not be as easygoing as I'm being right now... Thanks in advance and have fun discussing whatever else you want, while keeping it on-topic, with anyone else.

I could care less for those "imaginary problems and failures" of yours. Your post was about others being obliged to be glad that it wasn't you who pull the strings. Nobody is obliged to you here. You keep saying you want MR tests harder and even tried to elaborate it with "Parkour 1.0" argument. Care to elaborate why others should share your feeling of "harder = better" (cause its not) ? Difficulty has lost its meaning for MR tests. People cheese them not because they are hard, but because they are annoying and a time waste. Make them harder - people will still cheese them. 
It's not just MR tests are outdated, the whole idea of their existence is outdated.
What was the reason for your post if you are not interested in discussion ? Maybe think better next time ? And your attempts to make yourself look important are just laughable.

21 час назад, LSG501 сказал:

And... I don't see an issue with those as tests.  It seems like you're basically complaining because YOU don't see a need for them.  I don't see a reason not to have them, they all have some relevance to the game imo. 

Adding in timers is a way to test if you're actually up to a certain standard, if you can't see the reasoning behind that then there is literally nothing that is going to help you understand why DE have these tests. 

Considering how much you seem to hate them I have no idea why you're complaining about needing to do the same test at a higher MR... you should be able to breeze through it the second time....

And in all honesty... I really don't care that you don't like them, I see no reason for them to be removed it really is that simple but feel free to keep quoting me so I can keep saying the same thing over and over to you..

Oh and the irony about you moaning about a grindy MR test when the whole premise of the game is basically grinding for stuff....

It's not just me complaining and it's not just you trying to justify their existence. Both you and I have like-minded people.
Regarding certain standards - do you see the reasoning ? You keep posting about stuff that should be in game, but don't give much reason for why it should be there. Yet you speak of others not seeing the reason for something. DE constantly shift the game in different directions. By this time you should get used to constant changes. Why do you afraid of this one ?
As I posted earlier - it's NOT about me hating certain MR test, it's that I dislike the whole MR tests system(and not just me), see no use of it and explaining why it's has no value for players.
I still don't see a reason to keep MR tests in game in your posts. All I see is "keep them because they are already here". It's like doing something for the sake of doing something.
What was the point of your last sentence ? You suddenly lost interest in discussion you got yourself into cause of lack of arguments ? MR tests are not grindy, it's the hoarding part that comes before is grindy. I honestly would not mind if the 24 hour cooldown was removed so people could grind MR tests till they do it right. But it's still there and people still can't grind them.

Edited by Unibot

5 minutes ago, Unibot said:

You suddenly lost interest in discussion you got yourself into cause of lack of arguments ?

No I lost interest in the thread about a week ago... I only came back because you replied to me this week.  As I said in my last reply, I really don't care....

6 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

No I lost interest in the thread about a week ago... I only came back because you replied to me this week.  As I said in my last reply, I really don't care....

... You just described my feelings towards this topic, with 100% accuracy... I don't even know how that guy has the time to bother with derailing the topic with his point of view, and his constant denial of opinions from other players...

... Not to mention his assumptions of what people "said" when they didn't...

Edited by Uhkretor