Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cover Lethality the Band Aid stays

Lus4812

Just wanted to know if Im the only one who finds it disappointing that they left it on daggers.The way I see it its just an easy way out of leaving daggers as trash tier instead of giving them a rework because if you remove Cover Lethality from daggers the 3 people who use them will aslo agree that they are totaly trash with the *big* melee rework this was a great time to give them said rework very disappointing

While I do think the guaranteed kill on CL is an issue the problem with daggers will always remain without some weird gimmick attached to them. This is a horde shooter, we're not tactically eliminating enemies one at a time nor is there even a big stealth focus in the game instead we have rooms and halls full of enemies attacking us all at once.

Their fatal flaw with the game's design is simply their range. Even with the changes to range mods and their base range being increased they will still sit at some of the lowest range weapons without Reach and will likely be "forced" to forgo a slot for Reach anyways which will hurt their damage.

But is it even retaining the kill effect anyways? AFAIK they mentioned it having two additional stats but nothing about the existing effects being there still. It would be an awkwardly bloated mod to have "Lethal damage on finishers, +100 damage, +16 initial combo, and +100% finisher damage" especially with the overlap on the kill and extra finisher damage unless the damage is just meant to buff ground finishers.

6 minutes ago, trst said:

But is it even retaining the kill effect anyways? AFAIK they mentioned it having two additional stats but nothing about the existing effects being there still. It would be an awkwardly bloated mod to have "Lethal damage on finishers, +100 damage, +16 initial combo, and +100% finisher damage" especially with the overlap on the kill and extra finisher damage unless the damage is just meant to buff ground finishers.

This. From my interpretation of Megan's description of it, I didn't get the idea that Covert Lethality would be keeping its 'lethal 1 hit kill on finishers' anymore and that it was being replaced. It sounded like its function was fundamentally changing to only giving the '+16 combo + 100% finisher damage' and that it sounded like its damage was getting capped. Or at least that's how I interpreted Megan's description of the changes to CL. Still going to have to wait and see of course when it gets released.  

34 minutes ago, Lus4812 said:

Just wanted to know if Im the only one who finds it disappointing that they left it on daggers.The way I see it its just an easy way out of leaving daggers as trash tier instead of giving them a rework because if you remove Cover Lethality from daggers the 3 people who use them will aslo agree that they are totaly trash with the *big* melee rework this was a great time to give them said rework very disappointing

Double finisher damage is not inifinite damage.

You know we already have a mod for 5 cost that increases finisher damage by 60% right? Finishing touch https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Finishing_Touch ? They've turned covert lethality into an overpriced capacity piece of garbage:

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Covert Lethality - is remaining as a Dagger Mod for now with +16 Initial Combo and 100% Finisher damage, pending later review. 

Woof. 15 cost for that? Thats insane.

I only ever used covert lethality for the +100 base damage increase on daggers. Because... Daggers suck and needed this bandaid mod.

Edited by Skaleek

6 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

You know we already have a mod for 5 cost that increases finisher damage by 60% right? Finishing touch https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Finishing_Touch ? They've turned covert lethality into an overpriced capacity piece of garbage:

Woof. 15 cost for that? Thats insane.

Are they leaving the bolded+underlined portion on Covert Lethality? If they are removing that part of the mod, then it's as if they are removing Covert Lethality in the first place.

+100% Extra Damage on melee attacks, or Lethal Damage on finishers.

1 minute ago, nslay said:

Are they leaving the bolded+underlined portion on Covert Lethality? If they are removing that part of the mod, then it's as if they are removing Covert Lethality in the first place.

The quote i posted from Rebecca seems crystal clear to me.

Just now, Skaleek said:

The quote i posted from Rebecca seems crystal clear to me.

Then the OP has it wrong and you are right... the thing is an overpriced piece of garbage. There is no bandaid because the mod is still effectively removed from the game (and by the mod, I mean the part of the mod that actually mattered).