Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream #133: Date November 22 (Updated)

[DE]Rebecca

Lack of information this year has been concerning. The most recent update was great, but the new dev stream really needs to discuss the white board. Should we even expect you guys to deliver on half of what’s slated for 2019?

The whole radio silence thing makes me think we won’t be seeing another update this year: 

We don't care to see something that we already have or know,we need something new...we deserve that much. Because if we are waiting for this long without new devstream and its all the time,then we need something that is worth waiting for.

On 2019-11-08 at 8:44 AM, Limbo_Darkness said:

While I don't think telling them to just do a devstream anyways is going to do anything, I do agree with it being quite annoying to hear no information on things for months. We haven't had much Empyrean details, heard almost nothing about New War which is supposed to release this December (not hearing many things or "oh yeah, we don't want to talk about it" usually means the update has low progress). We have only had TEN devstreams this year so far, which is quite surprising considering last year we had almost 20. Kinda disappointed in the lack of information, but what really gets me is that we don't know if that is equating to more work getting done.

Yeah a big part of the devstreams is that give us an progress update and visually show that they've been hard a work. 

With no devstream for ages it makes it look like no work is being done 

Coming from the perspective of Comp. Sci/Software Engineering/App Dev., I'm not particularly worried about the lake of communication in this case.  Sometimes you get blocked, or other issues come up and there simply isn't anything new to show.  That being said, in the next devstream, I'd like to see how you guys are progressing on Empyeran as well as the New War.  I am getting a little concerned that Empyeran won't come put till December and, if memory serves, Railjack plays a big part in the New War, which means we would see any New War stuff till early next year.

Anywho, Kuva Litches are AMAZING!!!!  Gives me something fun to do while I'm waiting on the next big thing to drop and ties SO many things together.  Great work guys!!!!

13 hours ago, Arniox said:

Yeah a big part of the devstreams is that give us an progress update and visually show that they've been hard a work. 

With no devstream for ages it makes it look like no work is being done 

On the other hand, showing the same thing if there is no new things added is irrelevant too. Remember when we got 3 Fortuna devstream with the exact same gameplay?

8 hours ago, HolySeraphin said:

On the other hand, showing the same thing if there is no new things added is irrelevant too. Remember when we got 3 Fortuna devstream with the exact same gameplay?

True... Very true. 

But that kinda proves my point. It's visually showing us that not much work is done. 

Or more specially, not much visual work is done. Probably a tone of back end programming work is done. 

1 hour ago, Arniox said:

True... Very true. 

But that kinda proves my point. It's visually showing us that not much work is done. 

Or more specially, not much visual work is done. Probably a tone of back end programming work is done. 

I assume so. It isn't just another mission mode like Disruption, where the core mechanics are still very similar to current ones. Sure, there are things they can use from Archwing mode for Empyrean, but there's ton of stuff that needs new coding: collision detection, models, enemy pathing files, enemy behavior, Railjack's modular system, resource spawn coding, etc.

On 2019-11-05 at 11:51 AM, (XB1)Rez090 said:

Empyrean is coming before New War, not the other way around. New War was announced this year, so it will be awhile before it releases. DE have not confirmed a 2019 release for New War.

The New War was announced alongside Railjack last year, it was also initially slated to arrive before Railjack towards the early end of this year and before tennocon, it only got pushed to after railjack a month or two before it was initially meant to arrive under the notion that the ambitions for the project had grown and it'd need more time to complete. The winter date I'm not clear where that came from, I recall reading it somwhere not long after tennocon 2019 and feeling it was creddible but I honestly don't remember the source anymore so I could have been off, but credible or not the date was very premature and with DE's history it's entirely reasonable to expect such aims have all but been lost to development complications. Looking at our current situation realistically though New War is no longer on the roster for this year, DE are committing to Epmyrean coming this year at the least and with barely a month left to release it in there simply isn't the time for a second major update following after and with the proper advertising. 

1 hour ago, Cubewano said:

The New War  The winter date I'm not clear where that came from, I recall reading it somwhere not long after tennocon 2019 and feeling it was creddible but I honestly don't remember the source anymore so I could have been off

It was announced in the TennoLive trailer for The New War that it was supposed to come on Christmas. It is the last frame of that video if you wanted to check it out. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZW4cfsB6Pw

1 hour ago, (NSW)Badger said:

On a separate note: you guys do know that November 22nd is Black Friday, right? I mean, I'll probably be watching live but I don't expect many will be able to because they will be out at the shops and such. 

But it isn't.  Thanksgiving in America is the 28th and black Friday is the 29th.  the dev stream is the Friday before that.

16 minutes ago, (NSW)Badger said:

I've been working so much that apparently I'm a week ahead of myself, lol. 

Nah its fine too cause Thanksgiving requires you to count the number of Thursdays in a month so it isn't on a set numerical day.

Sad though cause Baro won't line up on black friday which would have just been perfect.

@[DE]Rebecca While it's already too late for this stream, I actually feel this would have been the absolute perfect time for a devstream. There is no better time for the community to understand "how the sausage" is made given such a divisive mainline. To help people understand what direction things are leaning, why they are leaning that way and to be strait with the community instead of leaving people to their own devices until a change just gets hotfixed in. 

Because that added blackbox frustration is not helping things and things could stand some serious helping. 

On 2019-11-12 at 7:39 PM, yarl5000 said:

But it isn't.  Thanksgiving in America is the 28th and black Friday is the 29th.  the dev stream is the Friday before that.

Not to mention, it might as well be black thursday at this point with how early almost all retailers open on thanksgiving day.  Give thanks for what we have, then trample the poor minimum wage employees to get a cheaper TV.  'Murica.  

I'm interested to see what this devstream brings and if empyrean will be talked about.  Know they won't give a date, but empyrean is the piece of content that I want my hands on more then anything else.  

Archived