Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please DONT change the grendel missions

THE_ZEEK

On 2019-11-01 at 7:16 AM, THE_ZEEK said:

I just love em!

Finally some content that makes me think about what build to bring and what damage types the weapons do that we bring.

I know people are complaining that they think it is too hard, but iits good for someone to think about their game in stead of just power up and kill anything without a blink.

This will give a better sense of achievement and for sure will bring some skill development to the players.

Keep up the good work!

I came back after a 9 month break and did all 3 in the 1st try with Zanuka and stalker invading me in 2 of the missions I personally think they are way to easy and no reason to change the missions

29 minutes ago, NigglesAU said:

Which are best frames to solo this with?

Hildryn/vauban/limbo/grendel and Wisp.

Hildryn has no energy cost and can restore her own sheilds while stripping the corpus of 60% of thiers

Bring Lesion/Nami Skyla prime or a plague saw/gas melee n youll shred them + the Lenz and watch crowds explode

Wisp because her buffs cost virtually nada to keep them up perpetually 

Haste artificially increases melee/gun dps

Hp gives her both hp and hp regen so hp drops/life leech are not required at all

Shock mote is op as all fk stun locking crowds every 3 seconds

Mix that with her jump making her invisible and her 2 making her invis/invul n her 3 blinding and ramping up damage to enemies shes go to as hell

Cheap method vauban 

4 tether grenades + nervos + flechette grenades auto complete the missions for you

Just hand back on a ledge n pelt enemies with lenz + carrier with ammo case 

Limbo is stupidly op for these missions as well

Edited by (PS4)psycofang

2 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

So Grendel is good for soloing the missions you need to complete to build grendel?....

Yup. Enemies for some reason count as dead inside grendel so he can do some really strange stuff in there.

His 3 is a corpus wiper as well.

Edited by (PS4)psycofang

5 minutes ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

Yup. Enemies for some reason count as dead inside grendel so he can do some really strange stuff in there.

His 3 is a corpus wiper as well.

Sorry I was more perplexed that someone who's trying to solo it to obtain Grendel, would be able to use Grendel for the missions.

11 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Sorry I was more perplexed that someone who's trying to solo it to obtain Grendel, would be able to use Grendel for the missions.

Oh he just asked who was the best frames to solo it, i didnt see the "im new" portion of his post.

Regardless the other frames still stand as proper examples. 

21 hours ago, Awazx said:

No.

90% of all the content offered by the game is incomplete, unfinished or poorly balanced. Do not blame the community for something that is only the responsibility of its creator.

6 minutes ago, Cubewano said:

Explain. 

You don't need to look any further than the Lich system. What the devs originally envisioned as a long-term challenging engagement with a personalized nemesis is just a few layers of RNG and a more or less normal boss with slightly different stats and abilities. They released a poorly designed system and the community had no part in it other than the criticism it's currently getting. In terms of the Grendel missions, it's not any better because the devs weren't able to make something challenging without cutting players' power. 

8 hours ago, --Nob0dy-- said:

You don't need to look any further than the Lich system. What the devs originally envisioned as a long-term challenging engagement with a personalized nemesis is just a few layers of RNG and a more or less normal boss with slightly different stats and abilities. They released a poorly designed system and the community had no part in it other than the criticism it's currently getting. In terms of the Grendel missions, it's not any better because the devs weren't able to make something challenging without cutting players' power. 

I think I need more than just an extremely new still explicitly in development game mode as an example of most of this game just being inherently broken and incomplete. You also can't say the community had no part in its turn out when we don't know the full decision making process behind why it took the turns it did. You bring up the Grendel mission but that seems entirely like a community driven development, people want a challenge but no nerfs to their challenge invalidating kits, want an enemy that lives more than a second but also doesn't use cheap combat mechanics to get by, so they provided a challenge that didn't involve nerfs and didn't use nullification or iframes and all it cost was our mods, because y'know, impossible situations.  

8 hours ago, Awazx said:

Play the game and read the forum.

Informative. 

For me getting the warframe Grendel is proportional too difficult compared with other missions for warframes! I understand that people say play it with other people and yes its a multiplayer game but this mission is just no expertise needed to complete just number of people (for defense mission) or slowly do the excavation mission, while the survival mission is easy depending on warframe decision and that by skill of choosing or google it! 

I don't mind hard missions for items or other in game achievements but my Clan isn't very active but don't want to move. For me I can do without Grendel as MR lvl doesn't affect the game once past certain number!