Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please DONT change the grendel missions

THE_ZEEK

On 2019-11-02 at 1:23 AM, Acersecomic said:

My team and I found it that Hildryn, Nidus, Garuda and Trinity worked the best ❤️

Hildryn has no energy, Nidus can self-replenish and damage scales awesomely and Garuda can heal, replenish energy and do great damage with her 1. Trinity is there as healer and in case Nidus runs out of energy.

This setup rolfstomps the missions.

While I did find the missions a bit too long to be enjoyable, the idea of being unmodded and humbled felt refreshing.

Then you miss Grendel's point. Humility.

Thanks for this.

Pretty much means people will have to use certain frames with best chance to complete these missions. Hmmmm

25 minutes ago, NigglesAU said:

Thanks for this.

Pretty much means people will have to use certain frames with best chance to complete these missions. Hmmmm

Yeah. That's what make it fun.

Since augments works, you can also bring Frost for the defense objective, Nyx for making the mobs fight each other, weakening rhem with her 2 and staying in invincible state, Oberon for heal and very good damage all around, Limbo for the same reason as Frost but with energy regen, Hydroid for armor stripping, healing and drop on Survival, Saryn for overall DPS, Octavia for scaling damage...

One Trinity is pretty much mandatory tho.

Edited by Isokaze_BestKaze

20 hours ago, Viges said:

People praising these missions and asking for more are hilarious to me. If  you really like it that much - you can play all game like that, just remove your mods.

Do you need to be forced to do it by someone, you need to be forced to have fun? What this tells about you, I wonder :clem:

It's ridiculously lame and lazy mission design in a game based around getting and updating your gear.

I have removed my mods in the past for the fun of it to give myself a challenge. 

Here's the problem with that: No progress. No rewards. No actual incentives for doing that. 

I liked the tension I felt on the Grendel missions, and will be happy to see more of them. It was fun, and I got rewarded for facing the game without the most optimal of broken builds. 

Edited by Jarriaga

4 hours ago, Isokaze_BestKaze said:

Since augments works, you can also bring Frost for the defense objective, Nyx for making the mobs fight each other, weakening rhem with her 2 and staying in invincible state, Oberon for heal and very good damage all around, Limbo for the same reason as Frost but with energy regen, Hydroid for armor stripping, healing and drop on Survival, Saryn for overall DPS, Octavia for scaling damage...

Trinity can be replaced by Wisp that's how I did all three missions. On the subject of wisp I don't think we talk enough about how powerful sol gate is

On 2019-11-16 at 5:04 PM, Viges said:

People praising these missions and asking for more are hilarious to me. If  you really like it that much - you can play all game like that, just remove your mods.

Do you need to be forced to do it by someone, you need to be forced to have fun? What this tells about you, I wonder :clem:

It's ridiculously lame and lazy mission design in a game based around getting and updating your gear.

You could. But why? What do you get from it?

From these missions you get an actual frame. In any other missions it's like 500 alloy or whatever random crap.

It's not just about how you do it but also what you get for it. And you get nothing for it outside of the grendel missions.

I'd just prefer if there was some quest tied to him I'm just so saddened by frames becoming arbitrary farms from bosses/gamemodes after Revenant dropped. Same goes for Prime Trailers. Yeah, did they add any lore? Nope. Did they help show the personality of the frames? Tid bits along with Balas talking. But those trailers always send a shiver down my spine. Because they're cool, they hype up the primes and made me wanna know more about them.

Now it's just

Eudico finds blueprint in the trash, get gorey lady

Kill spider mama get buff lady

Kill Chicken get ghosty lady

Steal Salad V's dressing get runny boy

Do modless missions get the hungry boy

(granted you get Ruud Zude story from Exploiter, and The Lotus stuff from Ropalolyst but still not mentioning the frames at all. They're just there as part of the drops. Also Phorid, but that was before I started playing and don't know if he has a reason he drops Nyx.)

• Like 1

Really liked these missions--I've finished building Grendel but I've been helping out my Clan members who still need to build him and they're still a lot of fun to me and I've been having a blast experimenting with different frames and team compositions there. I have my infinite gripes about New Ember but all her augments bring a wide array of supports and if you've got a team I highly recommend giving her (with most if not all of her augments) a try.  

I duo'd the defense first with a Frost and myself as EV--once we learned that augments still worked Frost's Freeze Force helped a lot with TTK. I had Ferrox for light CC (and it can oneshot most things up to lv40 if you can headshot consistently) and Synoid Gammacor & Cerata for most killing. But I suspect any melee weapon with a good slam radius and above 1.0 attack speed will be serviceable, as Serro still worked fine in my later trips. 

However I still feel a bit torn about acquiring Grendel. There's nothing wrong with a new Warframe getting locked behind a new grind. But boy is it going to be a pain for anyone trying to get a team to farm Grendel when he isn't spanking new. There are still reasons to run Exploiter after getting Hildryn parts since she drops a lot of valuable Fortuna resources on top of unique cosmetic droptable. Grendel missions will soon end up extremely deserted like Mutalist Alad V or Jordas assassinations and I'm not sure if that's a desirable effect. I'd have preferred Grendel missions to have no key requirements and instead opened up "No Mods Nightmare" mode for each planet that still had something to offer besides Grendel parts. 

Ah well. I'll still help people who need it while these missions still hold my interest. But like a lot of recent Warframes, I find myself wishing Gauss and Grendel got a bit more pizzazz to their release. I get that people got impatient when DE wanted to give each Warframe a story mission/quest, that's why we basically get these frames just thrown into the game with little to no preamble or lore...but man I wish Grendel/modless missions weren't just one and done deal. 

• Like 1

On 2019-11-01 at 2:32 PM, Skaleek said:

Managed all 3 first try with pretty bad team comps. We of course took a trinity/frost combo to the defense. But i'm convinced if we had all gone DPS frames it would've just gone by faster.

This was challenging. And my hat goes off to DE for creating a fun, not-grindy way to obtain a frame. I for one hope more avenues like this will be explored in the future.

Not grindy?

75 vitas isnt grindy?

Granted if you had the arbi changes a month before he launched you would feel like that but for console he's a grind alright.

Edited by (XB1)SwiftBMF

8 hours ago, Isokaze_BestKaze said:

I like trying new things in the game, however the only thing that gives me hesitation - doesnt this force people to actually to try and teamwork ?. Im in a clan - going to guess best way to do it and judging from other comments do it now lol

1 hour ago, NigglesAU said:

I like trying new things in the game, however the only thing that gives me hesitation - doesnt this force people to actually to try and teamwork ?. Im in a clan - going to guess best way to do it and judging from other comments do it now lol

Yeah you need some teamwork. At least you need to recruit players and decides who will play what. You can move independently in the mission once you decided on that, but you need a minimum of coordination :

The defensive frame needs to always be the first to the excavator, and in survival all four need to stay in the same room and move as a team from one Capsule to another.

Trinity is very very useful to give energy to her team. But healing is easier with a Wisp since it also gives you max HP. Hildryn is nice for both damage and team support.

Edited by Isokaze_BestKaze

3 hours ago, (XB1)SwiftBMF said:

Not grindy?

75 vitas isnt grindy?

Granted if you had the arbi changes a month before he launched you would feel like that but for console he's a grind alright.

I had vitus long before the arbi changes, so no it wasn't grindy for me. But i could see how 75 would be difficult. 25 on the other hand, if you put some small work into forming a group, is pretty manageable in my opinion.

Grendel has joined the list of Warframes I've bought instead of farmed because obtaining them is frusterating, boring or there's no real value to doing the missions.

Others being Harrow, Nidus and Khora.

No offence DE, and I'm being completely serious here. But Grendel has to be the single most lazy warframe implemention I've ever seen. 75 Vitus I have no problem with despite being tedious. But to obtain it's vs level 40 enemies with no mods in generic missions? It's not even a matter of difficulty for me. It's a lack of value of doing these missions at all. Some lore? Some modifier? Anything to keep player retention? I'm sorry, but this is simply unjustified. At least every other time we had our mods removed we had some gimmick, like Halloween using pumpkins to damage a Jack-o-naught.

I have faith in you DE, but I'm getting the feeling Leverian was an excuse so that the missions could be so low quality. It really does give off the impression that this was done to make players buy the frame instead of farm it. I don't believe that for one second, but again it can look that way.

• Like 1

Honestly I don't understand how people can be more annoyed at Grendel mission compared to Harrow and Equinox insane RNG, or Trinity and Saryn boss fight that first requires you to farm a specific mission AND THEN farm the boss with drop RNG.

With a very basic team through recruitment chat, Grendel is done in one hour or so. That's it. One hour.

And you can still find synergies and frame that scales in power.

I understand buying Nidus Khora or even Harrow. But Grendel ?

The Grendel missions are not challenging, they are atrociously tedious and annoying. Think of it this way, they strip us of our power to suit their poor challenge instead of making the challenge suit our power. This is somewhat a disturbing trend and I'm not going to be surprised to have another one of these kind of missions in the future.

19 hours ago, Skaleek said:

I had vitus long before the arbi changes, so no it wasn't grindy for me. But i could see how 75 would be difficult. 25 on the other hand, if you put some small work into forming a group, is pretty manageable in my opinion.

Missing my point.

Im on console we didnt get the arbitration changes so we get 1 every 10 mins no extras from drones.

Its not the difficulty of arbi thats a joke its the time needed.

9 minutes ago, (XB1)SwiftBMF said:

Missing my point.

Im on console we didnt get the arbitration changes so we get 1 every 10 mins no extras from drones.

Its not the difficulty of arbi thats a joke its the time needed.

I didnt miss your point. I farmed my vitus essence that way as well. I had lots of vitus before they reworked it, and yes, it's long, but when they port over the arbi changes they multiply the amount you have in your inventory to inflate alongside the price adjustments.

18 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

I didnt miss your point. I farmed my vitus essence that way as well. I had lots of vitus before they reworked it, and yes, it's long, but when they port over the arbi changes they multiply the amount you have in your inventory to inflate alongside the price adjustments.

I mean if Im really honest Im past caring at this point I havnt really logged in for over a month,theres nothing I can buy from the market theres nothing for me to really grind for anymore & these mellee changes that have made the hundreds of thousands of kuva I sunk into crit on slide rivens absolutly pointless has pretty much been the preverbial straw.

That & being 2 months behind with even the basic updates has given D2 a new player.

10 minutes ago, (XB1)SwiftBMF said:

I mean if Im really honest Im past caring at this point I havnt really logged in for over a month,theres nothing I can buy from the market theres nothing for me to really grind for anymore & these mellee changes that have made the hundreds of thousands of kuva I sunk into crit on slide rivens absolutly pointless has pretty much been the preverbial straw.

That & being 2 months behind with even the basic updates has given D2 a new player.

The hardest part of this patch, for me, was my melee rivens becoming obsolete. The pure kuva investment was painful, I checked my combined rolls on melee weapons and I lost about 5 million~ kuva of investment. My 140 rolled kripath riven is entirely useless. In fact most of my rivens had some +melee damage on it somewhere in the mix.

I'm in the same boat as you, I have everything, not much else for me to do besides maybe try to get blazing step ephemera from ESO (ugh). Players like us are why the lich system is what is it is though. Designed to be grindy so that we "have something to do". Thing is, i was happy logging in, doing the sortie, doing a few fissures to replenish my forma bp's, and then running an arb or two and logging off. Thats easily 2-3 hours of WF gameplay that was enjoyable at an easy pace.

I play WF with my brother and a few friends. Unfortunately the lich system has created some bad will in my community and I am currently playing Warframe solo. I've done a few liches but i think once i get all 13 weapons i will drop it until DE does it's patented "redesign reduce grind" and laugh at the people who invested tons of time in the system only to have that time trivialized at a later date. I will NOT spend 2-3 hours grinding a lich in separate missions that nets me nothing. Poor use of my time.

Edited by Skaleek

• 3 weeks later...

these missions are Entirely unfun. like im up for a challenge yeah sure, but a challenge should be fun, not a complete an utter bore. 
also when you have 4 nullies standing on top of each other and 15 units in that mess an you and your warframe have piss all HP and a weapon that shoot marshmallows you start to think "DE still hasn't figured out difficulty". 

maybe if the game more removed 4 tandom mods from each weapon and your frame as you enter. 
but seriously base level weapons against lvl45-50 units... does anyone remember using the MK1 braton with mods on it against level 20 when you first started ... well the braton was more fun than this #*!%ing aborted horse fetus of a "quest" 

games like Destiny and such can do missions like this BECAUSE thier weapons arent reliant on mods... everything in warframe relies on mods. without mods you have nothing.
then throwing in 6 billion shield ospreys with nullies and all that S#&$ on top of each other and a weapon that has no damage average reload speed and no #*!%ing mods makes it unfun, boring and not "challenging" ... this is being difficult for difficult sake. and again.. not the dark souls difficult ... DE "6yrs into a game and still cant scale S#&$ properly and figure out mechanics and difficulty" difficult

Le 01/11/2019 à 09:10, _Euphoria_ a dit :

In between updates, they keep complaining about how easy the game is and there is no challange at all and then when something different and remotely challenging is added, they complain about it being too hard because they want everything 🙂

Perhaps because the community does not want "fun and challenging" content that forces it to stop using all the equipment they have gained for years.

DE logic:

1. Warframe is a grinding and rng game.
2. The player invests thousands of hours in grinding and rng to improve his equipment.
3. DE decides that "fun and challenging" is to take away from the player everything he has achieved.

It's so ridiculous it seems stupid.

2 hours ago, ArkThanatos said:

these missions are Entirely unfun. like im up for a challenge yeah sure, but a challenge should be fun, not a complete an utter bore. 
also when you have 4 nullies standing on top of each other and 15 units in that mess an you and your warframe have piss all HP and a weapon that shoot marshmallows you start to think "DE still hasn't figured out difficulty". 

maybe if the game more removed 4 tandom mods from each weapon and your frame as you enter. 
but seriously base level weapons against lvl45-50 units... does anyone remember using the MK1 braton with mods on it against level 20 when you first started ... well the braton was more fun than this #*!%ing aborted horse fetus of a "quest" 

games like Destiny and such can do missions like this BECAUSE thier weapons arent reliant on mods... everything in warframe relies on mods. without mods you have nothing.
then throwing in 6 billion shield ospreys with nullies and all that S#&$ on top of each other and a weapon that has no damage average reload speed and no #*!%ing mods makes it unfun, boring and not "challenging" ... this is being difficult for difficult sake. and again.. not the dark souls difficult ... DE "6yrs into a game and still cant scale S#&$ properly and figure out mechanics and difficulty" difficult

Sounds like you failed the missions?

1 hour ago, Awazx said:

Perhaps because the community does not want "fun and challenging" content that forces it to stop using all the equipment they have gained for years.

DE logic:

1. Warframe is a grinding and rng game.
2. The player invests thousands of hours in grinding and rng to improve his equipment.
3. DE decides that "fun and challenging" is to take away from the player everything he has achieved.

It's so ridiculous it seems stupid.

We force DE into that position by refusing any attempt they make to actually balance the game, we can't both have completely broken tools and engaging difficult content, and since we won't take the broken tools being less broken the only other remaining option is just to remove them from play where difficulty is truly meant to apply. We see it in boss design, we see it in the way endgame oriented modes are designed, and now we see it with Grendels quest, it's their chosen route for generating difficulty in the face of tools that are just too overtuned to do the job by themselves and to which he community vehemently stands against seeing changed. 

il y a 17 minutes, Cubewano a dit :

We force DE into that position 

No.

90% of all the content offered by the game is incomplete, unfinished or poorly balanced. Do not blame the community for something that is only the responsibility of its creator.