Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please DONT change the grendel missions

THE_ZEEK

1 minute ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

I have a clan mate who used Limbo but Wisp, Hildryn, Mirage and Revenant all work. Remember that both augment and some mods like the drift mods work. Apparently Lesion is great cos it ignores shields, though I used War. Looking at it I think the easiest method of soloing is to use Revenant and just use thrall to prevent dmg to the pod and make them shoot each other to remove shields for easy kills. Also abuse melee slam for CC.

Cool.  Thanks for the tips

3 hours ago, Flameduel said:

this is a community game, there is no reason why they should avoid team oriented game modes? look at raids for example (and you cannot use they got removed for a rebuttal, they were not removed for being bad, it was removed because they could not update it properly), it was a very fun game mode, that required EIGHT co-operating team members, and gave RANDOM rewards having some being SOUGHT AFTER META ITEMS

Raids could take 8 players, but didn't need that many. The minimum required was 4, and I did quite a few like that.

Edited by DoomFruit

On 2019-11-02 at 3:08 AM, DoomFruit said:

And what about solo? While I have decent-enough (ish) Internets, I've seen many others on the forum which don't. Additionally, I pretty much solo everything out of preference. I don't like people.

From what I can see, this looks exactly like the utterly disastrous release of sanctuary onslaught, where likewise nobody even thought to test that on solo.

Exhibit A

5 minutes ago, DoomFruit said:

The minimum was 4.

So what you're essentially saying here is you couldn't do Raids solo but you did them  anyway in a 4 man group and yet you earlier stated in Exhibit A that you refuse to do the much shorter Grendel missions in a group of 4...

You know what an oxymoron is yeh?

And yes I enjoyed Raids too before you tell me they were fun. But because you don't like people you can't possibly have found it fun to be forced to group up to beat a mission.

Edited by -CdG-Zilchy

5 hours ago, xRufus7x said:

I mean, if you don't like it you can just trade for plat and buy him from the market. 

well i did do that ran a few grendall mission where people wanted a saryn or trinity , so saved myself the arbi grind, and honestly i dont see whats so wrong with the missions its most noob friendly mission u can have no mods reqd, only auguments just know your frame when to jump out of limbo ulti hit and get back, i guess peole are not used to the carefull fight and start crying when they have to actually plan ahead. Also Saryn+trinity+limbo is cheese want more get a valkyr trinity will keep her full of energy or booben

2 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

I feel that doing it in a group is the means to avoid the headache if you want to. A group of say EV trin, limbo/Frost, Wisp and Saryn/Revenant will utterly destroy these missions.

not frost booben better now after rework orbital strike is stronk, rest is same trin+limbo+saryn+vooben, it was no problem , before every round i drop a molt ahead all of them go there i go molt i headshot from dread miasma, easypeasy

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 98Octane said:

not frost booben better now after rework orbital strike is stronk, rest is same trin+limbo+saryn+vooben, it was no problem , before every round i drop a molt ahead all of them go there i go molt i headshot from dread miasma, easypeasy

Nice. I was at work when my clan mates all did it while I was busy at work so I had to solo it 😕

3 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Nice. I was at work when my clan mates all did it while I was busy at work so I had to solo it 😕

i wud rather use thousands of plats i have hoarded from trade over the years rather than solo it, but thats just me

On 2019-11-01 at 8:13 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

The Defense one is receiving the most hate from what we're seeing, we are keeping an eye on it. 

The Defense one was the one my friends and I had most fun on! :DD
yes, please dont change these

for defense, Gara can rack up  both defensive and offensive capabilities so it went by really fast
but a good trin was a necessity.. marking enemies before ev-ing them.
Octavia also did a lot of DPS, via mallet, and squad assist with the invisibility, and her passive.

All in all, I had so much fun on these missions, especially in the planning and thinking phase, remembering basic weapon passives and abilities :') and warframe augments.

9 minutes ago, Birk.Borkason said:

Hi,

imo it´s not a good idea to force players into teams. Most unattractive missions in the game. When the mechanics become different, I might look at the Grendel missions again.

Then do it solo. You don't have to do it in a team, it's just easier to do so.

On 2019-11-03 at 7:35 PM, Birk.Borkason said:

Hi,

imo it´s not a good idea to force players into teams. Most unattractive missions in the game. When the mechanics become different, I might look at the Grendel missions again.

Looks like warframe is not ready for raids

The missions were boring because you couldn't bring whatever and were forced to narrow it down to a few warframes, weapons and strategies. Honestly, a modless missions could be fun if you modify the mission and enemies to account for that, but DE just tossed modless people into a standard mission. The end result was cheesing it with Frost/Limbo and heavy slam attack spam.

• Like 2

i do want some challenging content in warframe. I found these missions kind of a pain. They felt more of a chore. It was not that it was challenging, but the missions are designed as warframe without any progression. Going against how you play the game normally. Basically throwing away all the hard work you put into the game for farming up the gear and mods to make yourself powerful.

When the community asks for challenging content, it was really a request for content where becoming powerful has a purpose. I think mogamu said this, but we are all dressed up with no where to go. It is an interesting concept for mission types. I do not want to see this in any other mission type though. I don't know what would make the game more challenging than to remove everything that made you powerful. But the challenge just feels artificial and frustrating. No gameplay nuance, mission objectives, or things you have to learn.

This is not an easy thing to provide, but good try DE, better luck with future content.