Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sentients random spawn on Neptune

JoJo.Granum

Question

Hey I had an odd situation happen on Neptune today where my Kuva Lich was influencing. I was in a mobile defence, trying to keep alive as it were, when I had my butt handed to me by two Sentient Battalysts.

Do the Sentients randomly appear in Corpus missions or planets, or is this something that is also included with the Kuva lich?

Thank you for your time, and if this question has been asked before please move it to the appropriate area? 

JoJo the Tenno

19 answers to this question

I'll be honest I was jumped scared LOL

I was like "S-s-s-sentients!!" 

I am sure anyone who heard me in voice on discord would be laughing their heads off.It was very weird. Lich. Neptune, mobile defence. Indeed. Oh! And the mobile defence stopped until you kill the battalysts. I had my butt handed to me as they were level 66 to 70... 😕

The wiki says that they can rarely spawn somewhere besides Uranus and Lua, and there's a few comments over there saying the same thing. Maybe The Old Blood accidentally increased the chances of Oculysts appearing on Neptune? It'd be really annoying if it was intentional, no one wants to get ambushed by sentients on random nodes. 

This kuva larva / lich thing is kinda buggy at this stage. I encountered a bug once with larva spawn while playing a capture mission, removing all enemies on the map besides the capture target and locked down doors to the extraction point. Forcing me to abort that mission. Everything is fine after restarting the mission.

Edited by SHArK-FiN

20 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

... I'm pretty sure its not Oculysts...

Oculysts appear before calling down the battalysts and conculysts, just like they do on Lua. I don't know if any recent hotfixes have changed it, but the times I was on Larissa lich territory, Oculysts came first, blue flickering lights and all before calling in fighters.

uh~, they didn't for me. I ate with Battalysts outright. I remember it very well because it was on a Mobile Defense Lich mission...

And they aren't restricted to Neptune either. They appeared even on Mercury, and with higher numbers on Jupiter Lich missions. The only place where they didn't appear yet is the Void but~... We all know why.

Edited by Uhkretor