Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe and Stadia / Account Migration

cookieknife

9 minutes ago, Numerikuu said:

I'd be surprised if it is. Stadia is basically Ouya 2.0 but much worse imo.

Yep, I'm not really confident that it will stick around and become very popular. I'm holding off for at least a year to see where it's going.

However, if it does stick around, Warframe games will be hosted server side and there will be no more host migrations or peer to peer lag (which would be amazing). Stadia is also going freemium some time next year, and since Warframe is also freemium you can stream onto a phone or toaster laptop for free (as long as you have enough data).

5 hours ago, cookieknife said:

Google has achieved quantum supremacy in computing, let's be optimistic about it.

Oh that story, I remember that. It turned out to be a whole bunch of nothing.

Other organizations immediately began challenging Google to prove they ran their little demonstration properly, and Google hasn't coughed up the receipts yet. What's more, this particular test case was of a very specific type of question that has no practical application. Essentially it was just a glorified boot-to-desktop time trial.

I'd go further and say I refuse to be optimistic about Google having "supremacy" in any domain. Even for the people who weren't paying attention or who have forgotten the James Damore incident, Google's experiments with what it calls "negative latency" in gaming are just nightmarish. Google using games to train algorithms to predict human behavior as moment-by-moment response to audiovisual stimuli sounds like the stuff of nightmares.

5 hours ago, cookieknife said:

Google has achieved quantum supremacy in computing, let's be optimistic about it.

We can all be optimistic about the stadia all we want but with them Pulling out features that they've promised on launch is not really looking hot right now, anyway you look at it.

I'd much rather not have warframe on stadia, IMHO. This will just divide the time and people trying to fix technical issues on the platform as supposed to be making content in the existing platforms instead.

Assuming Stadia's many broken promises, Wii-U level launch title and potential major technical problems don't kill it.

I mean, they're releasing with two rhythm games, two fighting games and a semi-competitive FPS. They're practically asking for people to immediately jump on any input lag.

9 hours ago, Numerikuu said:

I'd be surprised if it is. Stadia is basically Ouya 2.0 but much worse imo.

Well there is a big difference between the two. Stadia didn't have the literal (figuratively) mountains of money to ride out their bad idea that Google does. 

Unfortunately at the end of the day what will kill the Stadia is ultimately what killed the Ouya..... ISPs. ISPs pushing tiered and throttled connections as the norm which will cut through so many of Googles potential customers by charging premium prices for sub par service all while enjoying the status of essentially being local government sanctioned monopolies. 

At the very least I see Stadia sticking around for a lot longer than Ouya if for nothing more than Google probably being able to use the losses as a tax writeoff.