The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Not feeling the new ship...

Dreggs_

7 hours ago, Dreggs_ said:

Dont like the scratches, the sun roof, or the increased space in the floor layout.

My ship dont feel cozy no more.

Anyone else feel this way?

It's high time for them to have added Orbiter interior options.

We have multiple orbiters exteriors but only one interior—seems like we should have more.

If we do ever get another one.... I want it to have chairs personally.

52 minutes ago, Aesthier said:

Mine steps into and sleeps inside the wall with her tail and maybe a paw or two sticking out now. I get the feeling she thinks I am going to blame her for the scratches.

ROFL! Something tells me the new orbiter has stuffed up their path finding somewhat 😄

1 hour ago, TzXtetriC said:

I think we are here in our game with all our decorations "Red mark"

F00L88w.png

Yeah, but what bothers most of the people in this version, I think, is that the front window we see from the inside is lotus shaped, while the one that is supposedly in the outline section is rectangular (or trapezium shaped).

Liset's profile on the other hand matches the shape of the window quite well, hence it's believed it acts like the Orbiter's cockpit.

I prefer the new look. I finally live in a space ship instead of a #*!%ing cave.

It has some some problems of course. But those are tied to other parts of the ship. For example the design is different enough between the main room and the other rooms and when you want to color the metallic parts you also color the stencil in the operators room.

11 hours ago, Dreggs_ said:

Dont like the scratches, the sun roof, or the increased space in the floor layout.

My ship dont feel cozy no more.

Anyone else feel this way?

well less scratches would be awesome, some of them don't even make sense... those are no normal wear out effects...
Also ist feels weird because only that one room has that vintage style...

It looks off because the rest of the ship doesn't match now. Would have made more sense if the entire ship was redone.

But I do like the design. The metallics actually match up with everything else. 

They just need to finish the rest of the ship and unlock the non metallic surfaces from the color channel. For example the trim on the operator chamber and personal quarters. Either make them metallic or add a new channel.

Personally I like the scuffs. This is supposed to be ancient tech, having our stuff in pristine condition makes no sense either.

Edited by IIDMOII

2 hours ago, ant99999 said:

Yeah, but what bothers most of the people in this version, I think, is that the front window we see from the inside is lotus shaped, while the one that is supposedly in the outline section is rectangular (or trapezium shaped).

Liset's profile on the other hand matches the shape of the window quite well, hence it's believed it acts like the Orbiter's cockpit.

You could be right but the liset doesnt have any windows on the front, its all closed ship

GWdhjoI.png

Edited by TzXtetriC

My only disappointment was that I was really Really REALLY hoping that when they changed the Incubator with the update that we would finally be rid of the Stasis system. I mean they did say it was on the chopping block like two mainlines ago and getting rid of it would be the biggest QoL update companions could hope to get..... and yet it remains~

Other than that I've already "moved in" my five(?) stalker noggles have been re-hidden throughout my new orbiter, all is right with the world.

Edited by Oreades

While we are on the topic, could anyone direct me to a reliable corpus supplier of house renovation materials? Darvo just shrugged when I asked him about some paint and brushes. That interior is going to take a lot of work to start looking half presentable...

P.S.

What's the deal with new foundry? First we got a futuristic robo arm making our items. Now, we have something like old printer from early 90's. What's the next iteration going to be, a pottery wheel manned by a space goblin?

1 hour ago, TzXtetriC said:

You could be right but the liset doesnt have any windows on the front, its all closed ship

I suppose the three sections you see on the front of Liset are protective shutters to prevent damaging the window when entering the atmosphere. It's a common technology among all the factions, they are used in Orokin lab, on Corpus ships, in Grineer sealab (Regor's arena).

33 minutes ago, ant99999 said:

I suppose the three sections you see on the front of Liset are protective shutters to prevent damaging the window when entering the atmosphere. It's a common technology among all the factions, they are used in Orokin lab, on Corpus ships, in Grineer sealab (Regor's arena).

I always thought of the liset view as a large display or a one-way window. Railjack doesn't have open and trasparent cockpit window either and that one is going into combat with the full available view.

The new roof "window" could be the same which is why I don't get those "structural weakness" complaints. It that what breaks people's suspension of disbelief in this magical space ninja game?

And then there's the fact that there are other landing craft models available now. How do those fit into all this? Mantis certainly wouldn't fit into the orbiter and would have different window given its shape.  We probably already spent more time thinking about it than DE did, so unless there's a reason to do a lore pass over this stuff (with railjack... maybe) it's pointless arguing about it.

Edited by LocoWithGun

7 hours ago, ant99999 said:

I think we still need clarification from the devs regarding this concept art. Trying to fit what we see on the inside into the outside look of this thing doesn't make sense.

What makes even less sense is having a f-ing battleship size vessel for every single Tenno if that thing on the front is indeed Liset. Even the Railjack looks tiny compared to this monstrosity.

Image result for warframe orbiter

they did show it as a model , but still havent show it working to this day oddly though its visible in relay skybox

also they had a few variants

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, LocoWithGun said:

And then there's the fact that there are other landing craft models available now. How do those fit into all this? Mantis certainly wouldn't fit into the orbiter and would have different window given its shape.  We probably already spent more time thinking about it than DE did, so unless there's a reason to do a lore pass over this stuff (with railjack... maybe) it's pointless arguing about it.

If we follow the concept art and assume our Orbiter is this huge of a ship, it certainly has hangar for the other landing craft we have, it's just that Liset in particular was designed in such a shape to function as a cockpit (which is some strange minimalism considering the rest of the ship is just unreasonably huge)

14 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

they did show it as a model , but still havent show it working to this day oddly though its visible in relay skybox

also they had a few variants

Yeah, I know about them flying past the relay, I've seen the animation...

But come on, it's just stupidly large ship for a single space ninja.

The Orokin feared the Tenno and saw them as literally blasphemies, but then they thought 'You know what, let's give each of them a goddamn capital ship with cloaking! Sounds fair to me! Really, it's not like they will all want to keep it for themselves when the war ends.'