Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Universal" medalions and conclave weapon skins

Sandal-Senpai

20 hours ago, Stormdragon said:

So you'll keep pushing that argument despite the feedback provided by PvE players who claimed that conclave was finally being removed with the addition of UMs and how it could have had more weight than the opinion of PvP players

Ah yes.  Because DE just hates seeing players happy.  That must have been it.  They saw some happy players and thought to themselves, "Oooo.  How can we really disappoint them.  Hmm."

Btw, got some links (other than that twitter thread) to people who were vocally enough against it to have made DE decide against their initial announcement?

they have announced a racing mode for conclave as an alternative way to get its stuff.

I'm not holding my breath.

How?

UMs specifically would have improved the game, but your refusal to see Conclave for what it is paints a false picture to devs and anyone else that should happen to look into it.  It's unplayable for a great many players and the reward system having been designed for an active playerbase is even more broken.

Are you really saying that we should be thankful of that same wider community that keeps asking for pvp to be deleted at every single chance they get to do it?

Yup.  That's exactly what I'm saying.  Conclave has been leeching off the success of the PvE content and you should respect that.

Who knows?

I do.  A dozen or so players could in no way keep a game alive.

the lack of respect from PvE players to us who like PvP

Oh please.  I'd be reported for any post I made that was remotely disrespectful.

UMs don't do anything to fix the major flaws of conclave

One of the major flaws of conclave being the reward system, they would have at least somewhat.

These have been some of the most notable responses from my community

And I respect that you aren't always a hive mind and I know you weren't personally against UMs, but then why when the topic is brought up do you come out to argue in favor of their not being universal?

there was never a version of Universal medallions that worked for conclave

There literally was.  They had to hotfix it out.

there is no real way to tell if the number of people enticed into conclave after spending UMs would have been enough to offset those driven away from it

No, but the situation could hardly have gotten worse.  Conclave is dead as hell anyway.

9 hours ago, PatternistSlave said:

Ah yes.  Because DE just hates seeing players happy.  That must have been it.  They saw some happy players and thought to themselves, "Oooo.  How can we really disappoint them.  Hmm."

Aww, so you fail to see how DE's decision making works even after being pointed at some other reasons (such as their intentions to add a new pvp racing mode) and will instead keep pushing that agenda no matter what.

I expected better. It's just a single thread where only OP is supporting that position unlike the "dozen?" of players you kept claiming. It's also kinda funny to see you sounding exactly like that Zweimander guy in there.

I'm not holding my breath.

Me neither, but that seems to be as much as we get in terms of PvP development and adding new ways to get PvP rewards.

UMs specifically would have improved the game, but your refusal to see Conclave for what it is paints a false picture to devs and anyone else that should happen to look into it.  It's unplayable for a great many players and the reward system having been designed for an active playerbase is even more broken.

I know it has flaws, however, adding a new way to get its stuff doesn't fix any of them, let alone changes the gameplay enough to make it appealing to players who don't like it anyways.

Yup.  That's exactly what I'm saying.  Conclave has been leeching off the success of the PvE content and you should respect that.

Respect goes both ways and should be earned, not demanded. Let's agree to disagree and move on with that part.

I do.  A dozen or so players could in no way keep a game alive.

So you keep looking down on the amount of players and using baseless claims to back up some sort of arcane "knowledge". PvP games can survive with small communities even after their development is stopped. Now that i think about it, i wonder how long would last warframe if for whatever reason DE didn't add any update it in nearly 2 years like they've done with conclave which still manages to get players.

Oh please.  I'd be reported for any post I made that was remotely disrespectful.

Nah, you haven't been reported despite the amount of posts looking down on the community as a whole and name calling in some of your posts. 

One of the major flaws of conclave being the reward system, they would have at least somewhat.

Yeah, the reward system that works decently for PvE doesn't make any sense for a PvP environment, yet DE hasn't done anything to change it.

And I respect that you aren't always a hive mind and I know you weren't personally against UMs, but then why when the topic is brought up do you come out to argue in favor of their not being universal?

It's quite simple: i'd prefer to get to a middle point where UMs can be used in PvP while conclave also gets the development (and advertising) it deserves as part of the game.

There literally was.  They had to hotfix it out.

Got a link to the notes of that hotfix? All i remember was DE stating to have decided against letting UMs work in conclave the same patch where it was supposed to be added so it was never in the game, hence can't be "removed" from it.

No, but the situation could hardly have gotten worse.  Conclave is dead as hell anyway.

I still can find matches most of the time when i decide to play and that's even tough i have barely had much time to play lately.

Most of the horror stories of players being unable to find matches are just because the RNG matchmaking used in both conclave and PvE is too unreliable for a PvP environment (specially when its small playerbase is split across 6 regions × 4 modes × 2 player pools with no easy way to browse all of them) and should be replaced by a server browser / match finding tool. 

On a sidenote: Steve announced to be looking into a pvp server browser like 3 years ago and still nothing. I guess it was removed from the game just like some PvE players claim is the case with UMs working on conclave.

1 hour ago, S.Dust said:

What's this about? I thought we were done with all this a long time ago?

So did i, but i guess it's gonna be a recurring thread just like "make Celestia permanently lit" and any of its variations.

• Like 1

On 2019-12-04 at 9:02 PM, Stormdragon said:

It's just a single thread where only OP is supporting that position unlike the "dozen?"

You asked for an example and I gave you one.  There were others.   Yeah I was being nice saying a dozen.   There's probably only a half dozen people that play conclave truth be told.

adding a new way to get its stuff doesn't fix any of them

It does fix the reward system somewhat which I said.

Nah, you haven't been reported despite the amount of posts looking down on the community

I would know and yes most certainly was repeatedly.

Got a link to the notes of that hotfix?

You can try to find it for yourself if you don't believe me as it's kindof beside the point anyway, but yeah they accidentally shipped it and had to then patch it back out.

i'd prefer to get to a middle point where UMs can be used in PvP while conclave also gets the development (and advertising) it deserves as part of the game.

So you're holding UMs hostage.  No improvements can happen without a complete overhaul.

Most of the horror stories of players being unable to find matches are just because the RNG matchmaking used in both conclave and PvE is too unreliable for a PvP environment

You're living in a fantasy world.  I've done a good deal of searching for matches.  The playbase isn't there to support it.  You guys are only on from like 9 to 10 pm and it's nigh impossible to find matches any other time.

So did i, but i guess it's gonna be a recurring thread

Yeah I wouldn't expect us to just forget about it any time soon.

I'm too lazy to cite stuff here but I agree with @Stormdragon on most things.
I also think that some PvE players lack a certain "Live and let live" attitude, I mean what has conclave done to harm them, I mean it's clearly not content for them if they hate it so much, I mean I have never seen a PvP player say delete PvE.

Edited by --Q--ualityContent
typo

23 minutes ago, --Q--ualityContent said:

I'm too lazy to cite stuff here but I agree with @Stormdragon on most things.
I also think that some PvE player lack a certain "Live and let live" attitude, I mean what has conclave done to harm them, I mean it's clearly not content for them if they hate it so much, I mean I have never seen a PvP player say delete PvE.

I'm also puzzled by the attitude of certain people. The game is big enough to have both PvE and PvP, but some people seem to have a mentality of "It's not enough that I should get what I want, I also insist that others are denied what they want!" Either that or they're forum trolls. In either case, I have a happier life just ignoring them. Misery loves company but they won't get me down!

5 hours ago, Sevek7 said:

Misery loves company but they won't get me down!

But if misery is miserable, isn't misery fulfilled when she's alone...? </JaydenSmith.jpg>

I wager the attitude comes from either A: players attempting to get Conclave rewards and running into the brick wall of problems that Conclave bears or B: players concerned that development time might be spent on things comparatively few people like, taking away from the big PvE things. Not that the former is a terribly good excuse since fixing Conclave issues would likely be to the benefit of those reward seekers (e.g. one "fix" could be being able to trade all Conclave stuff), nor is the latter terribly well-founded a concern, the problems being caused by a lack of attention in the first place.

Or they live under bridges. One of the three.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Sevek7 said:

"It's not enough that I should get what I want, I also insist that others are denied what they want!"

Exactly.  The PvP community had some delusion the rewards were sacrosanct and that other players should be denied a legitimate way to obtain.

8 hours ago, Tyreaus said:

A: players attempting to get Conclave rewards and running into the brick wall of problems that Conclave bears or B: players concerned that development time might be spent on things comparatively few people like, taking away from the big PvE things.

Can't it be both?

23 hours ago, Miyabi-sama said:

Who denies you a legitimate way of obtaining Cc standing?

You are indirectly if you're arguing against Universal Medallions, but the system in its current state does directly.  The playerbase needed to legitimatize the reward system doesn't exist.  The lack of players makes obtaining legitimate Conclave standing extremely difficult for most and literally impossible for some.

1 hour ago, PatternistSlave said:

You are indirectly if you're arguing against Universal Medallions, but the system in its current state does directly.  The playerbase needed to legitimatize the reward system doesn't exist.  The lack of players makes obtaining legitimate Conclave standing extremely difficult for most and literally impossible for some.

The number of players actually playing conclave is more than enough. The problem is that we aren't playing in public matches, because of all the bugs, one-shot slide weapons, boltace, staticor, etc... stuff. So, there are two possible solutions. 1) Fix the bugs and stupidly OP stuff! Or 2) Give conclave rewards to players who don't play conclave (the medallions). There has been a long tradition of players who don't want any PvP insisting that absolutely no progression be locked behind PvP stuff. So, when DE announces that the very limited number of PvP rewards is going to be obtainable in PvE, I think it's understandable that some players push back on that. I think a possible solution is to include the medallions, but also start adding new unique rewards like weapons and maybe even a future warframe to the conclave syndicate rewards. That way progression is allowed through both PvP and PvE and rewards are spread between them (Of course the spread should still lean heavily toward the PvE side since it is primarily a PvE game). 

That being said, several of us actually thought the medallions would be a good idea as originally announced, since it might bring more people into the conclave. You looked back in the forums and found the "They've finally given up" thread. Right around then I made a "They haven't given up!" thread (should be easy to find) explaining why I thought the medallions would actually be good for conclave. 

I don't have any hope of actually convincing you, since you've already called us a "garbage community" and other things worse than that - clearly showing that you're not here to actually facilitate discussion, but just because you like getting people riled up. I'll feed trolls to an extent in the hopes that they'll grow some maturity, but at this point I'm cutting you off. I won't respond to you again, and I hope others will do the same. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Miyabi-sama said:

Maybe try and invite some friendzo's to get your standing huh?

We're talking about legitimate standing.

2 hours ago, Sevek7 said:

I don't have any hope of actually convincing you

Convincing me of what?  That some of you saw UMs as the clear benefit they were?  You don't need to.  I know that.  I don't know why you feel the need to argue with me then.

1 hour ago, PatternistSlave said:

Convincing me of what?  That some of you saw UMs as the clear benefit they were?  You don't need to.  I know that.  I don't know why you feel the need to argue with me then.

Nobody is stopping you from queuing for a match and playing conclave. Nobody is holding a lato vandal to the back of your head saying that if you play conclave that they will shoot you. You can play conclave and get standing right now, literally.

• Like 1

On 2019-12-08 at 5:52 PM, (XB1)The Repo Man151 said:

Nobody is stopping you from queuing for a match and playing conclave. Nobody is holding a lato vandal to the back of your head saying that if you play conclave that they will shoot you. You can play conclave and get standing right now, literally.

No I cannot.  Literally.

mhWK5hH.png

11 hours ago, (XB1)The Repo Man151 said:

Is that supposed to demonstrate you didn't arrange the match ahead of time, that 3 is a popular time on xbox, or that you hit the lottery and actually found a match?  I have no experience with xbox, but that isn't reality on PC and I find it hard to believe they would be that different.  If so?  Good for you.  Do you think your experience renders it not a problem for others?

57 минут назад, PatternistSlave сказал:

Is that supposed to demonstrate you didn't arrange the match ahead of time, that 3 is a popular time on xbox, or that you hit the lottery and actually found a match?  I have no experience with xbox, but that isn't reality on PC and I find it hard to believe they would be that different.  If so?  Good for you.  Do you think your experience renders it not a problem for others?

Blame DE for lack of dedicated servers and overall conclave reputation of kubrow scat.

Pedallions are meant to become a supplement measure for gaining standing, not for bypassing it.

Again. Get yourself some friendzos and play with them.

В 09.12.2019 в 00:42, PatternistSlave сказал:

Yes, we are. Ask your friendzo to invite you in a random match, maybe you'll even find a full lobby. Just play legit.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Miyabi-sama said:

Ask your friendzo to invite you in a random match, maybe you'll even find a full lobby.

Perfect illustration of how out of touch with reality these forums are.  A player messing about with their buddies is nothing resembling legit standing and these lobbies you speak of are abject fantasy..

1 минуту назад, PatternistSlave сказал:

Perfect illustration of how out of touch with reality these forums are.  A player messing about with their buddies is nothing resembling legit standing and these lobbies you speak of are abject fantasy..

Oh well, do you in touch, Mr.Legitimate?

Do you freakin understand I can not legit trade with 85% of playerbase due to issues Steve touched in his last stream? Do you understand I can not receive invites, no one can receive mine, I can not join games in progress but people can join me, and I can not find myself conclave matches or trade with people without turning on a freakin VPN service?

Do I whine about it? No.

Did I somenthing to find a workaround? Yes.

You're ridiculous. At the very least I gave you advice how to join people in Cc and now I'm bad? Screw you.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Miyabi-sama said:

Do you freakin understand I can not legit trade with 85% of playerbase due to issues Steve touched in his last stream? Do you understand I can not receive invites, no one can receive mine, I can not join games in progress but people can join me, and I can not find myself conclave matches or trade with people without turning on a freakin VPN service?

I'm sorry?  Sounds like something that should be fixed?

2 minutes ago, Miyabi-sama said:

Do I whine about it? No.

Well you should.

3 minutes ago, Miyabi-sama said:

Did I somenthing to find a workaround? Yes.

Shouldn't have to use "workarounds" to address issues.

2 минуты назад, PatternistSlave сказал:

I'm sorry?  Sounds like something that should be fixed?

It should be. Just like Conclave should.

3 минуты назад, PatternistSlave сказал:

Well you should.

Others made it for me.

3 минуты назад, PatternistSlave сказал:

Shouldn't have to use "workarounds" to address issues.

As for now you appear to have no other choice.