Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

WHAT. THE. HELL.

(NSW)Mellodi

I was doing a 1 hour kuva survival when two of the 4 squadmates extract, not including me. Something weird happens. Instead of getting back into the mission when host migration is complete, it shows the mission complete interface. But everything is blank. I lost 16k kuva. THANKS DE, VERY HECKING COOL! TL;DR Lost 1 hour of grinding because of a glitch.

• Like 10

Happens rarely. I had it a few times in those 1500+ hours of gameplay. I learned to pay attention to who the host is (the player marked with 1) and avoid the migrations happening even at the cost of extracting or having to type in chat.

(for some reason I avoid the chat, don't ask)

Edit: did you check your Kuva amount in your inventory? It's possible that it's there.

Edited by Uthael
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Uthael said:

Happens rarely. I had it a few times in those 1500+ hours of gameplay. I learned to pay attention to who the host is (the player marked with 1) and avoid the migrations happening even at the cost of extracting or having to type in chat.

(for some reason I avoid the chat, don't ask)

Edit: did you check your Kuva amount in your inventory? It's possible that it's there.

I thought it was a simple visual glitch so I went to check if I could reroll a riven. Nope. I should have been able to. I got absolutely nothing.

41 minutes ago, (NSW)Mellodi said:

I was doing a 1 hour kuva survival when two of the 4 squadmates extract, not including me. Something weird happens. Instead of getting back into the mission when host migration is complete, it shows the mission complete interface. But everything is blank. I lost 16k kuva. THANKS DE, VERY HECKING COOL! TL;DR Lost 1 hour of grinding because of a glitch.

I know your pain. I haven't lost 16k kuva but I lost other types of rewards and progress.

That's why if something is on the line and I'm not host, I always extract with the host. Always. Host migration is the most dangerous thing in warframe.

Edited by White_Matter
  • Like 1

Yeah, host migration sucks.  Support might be able to help if you have mission location, approx time and other players names.  Pretty sure you can raise a ticket for lost rewards, although with this bug, not sure what their logs will say. 

I managed to get a Khora BP I wasn't rewarded back when I was farming it.  Rest of the squad were giving it "Yussss!!" and I was all "wut?!".  Provided something like the above and they gave me my drop.  Different situation, but maybe.

23 minutes ago, DupersDeBait said:

Doesn’t it go both ways though? OP is clearly upset by it.

Not really...

Imagine the OP finding a rare stance mod or Sortie awarded riven only to lose it due to a host migration.

That makes 16k kuva sound kinda trivial comparatively, doesn't it?

3 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

Not really...

Imagine the OP finding a rare stance mod or Sortie awarded riven only to lose it due to a host migration.

That makes 16k kuva sound kinda trivial comparatively, doesn't it?

One man's trash is another man's treasure.  All relative.  Maybe an ancient player considers 3hr survival rewards nothing.

Edit: "pffft" seems belittling.  Maybe it wasn't intended to be, but it's easilly interpreted that way.

Edited by GibsonPrime
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, GibsonPrime said:

One man's trash is another man's treasure.  All relative.  Maybe an ancient player considers 3hr survival rewards nothing.

Edit: "pffft" seems belittling.  Maybe it wasn't intended to be, but it's easilly interpreted that way.

Completely agree...I interpreted it as the poster asserting they it happens and the OP should be glad it wasn't more.

2 minutes ago, DupersDeBait said:

Yes, but he hasn’t experienced that yet. There’s no reason for him not to be upset by missing out on 16k Kuva because of a bug that should be long gone by now.

That's why we call it perspective.

And what you are calling a bug will exist as long as missions are peer hosted.

Migrations are successful most of the time but there's never a guarantee unfortunately.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Padre_Akais said:

Completely agree...I interpreted it as the poster asserting they it happens and the OP should be glad it wasn't more.

That's fair and I agree, it would have been worse if it was more.  I guess we both also agree it shouldn't be happening to anyone.

Hopefully OP and everyone else raises a support ticket.  At the least, it's a more formal method to log the issue, at best DE will spend so much on paying support staff to handle them it'll move up their todo list.

4 minutes ago, GibsonPrime said:

That's fair and I agree, it would have been worse if it was more.  I guess we both also agree it shouldn't be happening to anyone.

Hopefully OP and everyone else raises a support ticket.  At the least, it's a more formal method to log the issue, at best DE will spend so much on paying support staff to handle them it'll move up their todo list.

Host migration means that the initial host left the mission one way or another. In the scenario where this failure usually occurs either the team was leaving or the match couldn't migrate to a viable host before wound up crashing.

This is the potential hazard in any peer hosted mission...It sucks but it happens.

Maybe DE could look at AWS for hosting instead?