Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

WHAT. THE. HELL.

(NSW)Mellodi

5 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

Host migration means that the initial host left the mission one way or another. In the scenario where this failure usually occurs either the team was leaving or the match couldn't migrate to a viable host before wound up crashing.

This is the potential hazard in any peer hosted mission...It sucks but it happens.

Maybe DE could look at AWS for hosting instead?

True, but how that crash is handled and the consequences are what are important.  I'm by no means insinuating that these kinds of migrations should always be flawless, but when they go wrong, they shoudl go wrong as right as possible.

The rewards/loot acquired must be held somewhere.  I doubt that's on host (open for hacking/exploits by host).  It could be sure.  If it is, maybe host could periodically ping back to DE server to log progress, then you don't loose everything, just say, they last 10mins.

When my connection is poor, by arsenal loads more slowly.  Solo missions load screens are longer.  This has to be contacting DE servers, because it's all just me.

Edited by GibsonPrime

1 minute ago, GibsonPrime said:

True, but how that crash is handled and the consequences are what are important.  I'm by no means insinuating that these kinds of migrations should always be flawless, but when they go wrong, they shoudl go wrong as right as possible.

The rewards/loot acquired must be held somewhere.  I doubt that's on host (open for hacking/exploits by host).  It could be sure.  If it is, maybe host could periodically ping back to DE server to log progress, then you don't loose everything, just say, they last 10mins.

That's a technical question for the tech/feedback forums. I'm sure it's been brought up so there must be some technical explanation for why it is the way it is. 

1 hour ago, (NSW)Mellodi said:

I was doing a 1 hour kuva survival when two of the 4 squadmates extract, not including me. Something weird happens. Instead of getting back into the mission when host migration is complete, it shows the mission complete interface. But everything is blank. I lost 16k kuva. THANKS DE, VERY HECKING COOL! TL;DR Lost 1 hour of grinding because of a glitch.

yep hoast migration bugs are well known and documented.  I would check your inventory some times the reward loss is more visual than in is actual (my case was easy to see because I had spent all of the "lost" resource so I could easily see if I actually lost it) 

This is the exact reason for why I never do endurance runs. I'd like to, but man... I've been burned too many times.

*has ptsd flashbacks of hour+ long old void key survival/defence in order to get rare primed parts only to loose them to host migration*

3 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

That's a technical question for the tech/feedback forums. I'm sure it's been brought up so there must be some technical explanation for why it is the way it is. 

Ditto to your previous I guess.  Seems that lost loot is annoying regardless of reasons or percieved value, maybe DE will one day do something (AWS or some other system) to alleviate it.

I still think OP, and anyone else regardless of loss, should raise a support ticket.

1 hour ago, GibsonPrime said:

Yeah, host migration sucks.  Support might be able to help if you have mission location, approx time and other players names.  Pretty sure you can raise a ticket for lost rewards, although with this bug, not sure what their logs will say. 

I managed to get a Khora BP I wasn't rewarded back when I was farming it.  Rest of the squad were giving it "Yussss!!" and I was all "wut?!".  Provided something like the above and they gave me my drop.  Different situation, but maybe.

Ha ha ha

He just lost 16k kuva, now you want him to waste his time to?

Don't bother with support.  DE doesn't actually have support, it's just an advanced macro that returns the words "no".  

I don't care if you have screenshots or recorded the whole dam thing, support will tell you to piss off.  

Don't bother, it's gone.  

2 minutes ago, DupersDeBait said:

Then it's a useless concept that doesn't deserve to be mentioned. Bringing to light the fact this bug is unavoidable, and apparently has not been prepared for despite its notoriety, doesn't help your case by the way.

Clearly not...

Our perspectives simply differ.🤣

Asserting that "having a point of view is a useless concept" means you shouldn't have begun posting in the first place because you don't have an opinion.

I will tell you though that I am not certain if this was just poor bait or simply poor debate...I honestly couldn't tell.

3 hours ago, DupersDeBait said:

Which is no less sensible than the point you tried to make. Thank you for helping me demonstrate my own.

This is incorrect...

I never said your tact was sensible—I said it was different.

There is no wisdom or prudence in kvetching about an issue you can't change or becoming indignant on hearing others have suffered worse.

That is, in fact, the very opposite of sensible imo.

As for my own point? I don't hold expectations that someone mired in self pity and righteous indignation would make sense of being glad that their bad luck wasn't worse.

...Try losing something you can't earn right back and come back to me then. 

Now imagine this:

After finishing profit taker, you wait at the Fortuna exit, someone uses archwing ripline to pull you out while he is going in, you freeze in loading and have to force close the game (apparently you have been pulled out right when the game tries to load you into Fortuna )...
rewards gone...

GGTYCYA

7 hours ago, Educated_Beast said:

Ha ha ha

Don't bother with support.  DE doesn't actually have support, it's just an advanced macro that returns the words "no".  

I don't care if you have screenshots or recorded the whole dam thing, support will tell you to piss off.  

Don't bother, it's gone.  

Different situation like I said, but worth trying.

mMCSsNd.png

Edited by GibsonPrime
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, (NSW)Mellodi said:

I was doing a 1 hour kuva survival when two of the 4 squadmates extract, not including me. Something weird happens. Instead of getting back into the mission when host migration is complete, it shows the mission complete interface. But everything is blank. I lost 16k kuva. THANKS DE, VERY HECKING COOL! TL;DR Lost 1 hour of grinding because of a glitch.

This isn't going to help now, but never stay for a host transfer if you have something you don't want to lose.

7 hours ago, Educated_Beast said:

Ha ha ha

Don't bother, it's gone.  

NOPE.

I've contacted support with video multiple times and they have always replied quickly and given me the items I had lost.  I keep shadowplay running.

Now, if someone replies with "I had this, this, and this" with no screenshots or video, I have no idea what they would do.

6 hours ago, DupersDeBait said:

I never said you said this or that, I said your point was insensible. Certainly not anything about tact.

Eh, You are using words you aren't familiar with...Since either of our perspectives applied would literally be termed as tact.

Likewise, referring to my points as "insensible" would, likewise, be describing your impression of the tact I employed.

...We'll leave the remainder of the discussion on labels for later in this post.

Neither is there any utility in point out the obvious, that someone somewhere may have suffered worse and that you should focus on that and not on how ridiculous it is that DE still hasn't done anything proactive about this issue.

There's always a utility in pointing out the obvious if a party can't see it.

Like DE fixing Host connections...

It's not trying to be one or the other, it's a result of such a banal thing being tiresome. Unless you count satire. The little quote chain others have going on in this thread is a great example of it.

Agreed. Indignant raging is absolutely banal as responses go.

Why do it then?

Of course it comes to this, that you have concluded it must be the case that I haven't experienced the same, or wasn't aware of the idea, since I don't hold the same opinion on it.

Don't assume so much... I haven't concluded one way or the other on the matter—I can only look at your responses to date.

I find your response to people saying "it could be worse" as indignant. I find an indignant response to this to be rather pathetic.

It asserts that you want to say what you think/feel but don't want to hear what others think/feel if it doesn't expressly make you feel better.

...Much like now in fact.

You didn't have any problems applying labels and telling me what you thought of my own opinions earlier so I don't see why you are offended now when I share my own.

You opted to share your opinions... Why be so offended when you receive the same treatment?

I dropped a nickel off a bridge once.

Count yourself lucky... It coulda been a dollar😁

Edited by Padre_Akais

Lesson to be learned, always extract with host.

It can be annoying, but not as annoying as losing all your stuff.  Or going back into mission only to find it's glitched and no enemies spawn, you can't move etc.

Worst part of host migrations for me is how the game keeps going during the migration.  Had this in arbies where host has just left and I can hear the game continuing while I load back, only to do so and find myself dead. Why can't they at least pause the game? 

never do any loot/extraction/index modes for more than 30 minutes, unless you

1) are the host or know the host's connection is reliable
2) can afford to lose everything when host migration occurs. 

on the upside, sometimes squad kuva flood glitches and you can get up to 20k kuva in one mission! happened to me twice in 800h. 

10 hours ago, Troll_Logic said:

NOPE.

I've contacted support with video multiple times and they have always replied quickly and given me the items I had lost.  I keep shadowplay running.

Now, if someone replies with "I had this, this, and this" with no screenshots or video, I have no idea what they would do.

I supplied screenshots of me being logged in at the correct times during Tennocon and that my account was linked correctly.  I even helped son setup his account and it worked.  Support told me to piss off. 

I've lost items due to host migration but submitted ticket with screenshot of items and other memebers in the group (who did receive). I got some lame reason for not helping and once again told to piss off. 

I've had better customer support in a mobile game.  DE needs to fire those jerks and save the money for something useful.  

What good is customer support if you can prove your case but they have some S#&$ty reason for not helping?  I will never contact them again, I'll just quit the game before that happens and I waste time on top of being screwed.  

Until I see evidence of support actually helping someone, I don't believe it.  There job is to ensure no one gets support.