Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Public Lich Missions are horrible.

SunsetRain

Here's a list of my feedback:
Joining a public lich mission when your lich is level 1 and the hosts is level 5, sucks. Not very fun at all to deal with someones tactic to their grind.
Joining a public match with a level 5 lich almost guarantees you'll fight your lich alone, or get left behind because almost no one wants to deal with your problems.
Soloing a level 3-5 lich is always a hassle because of their tendency to grapple you and almost always kill you just from that alone, not to mention the swarm of grineer that suddenly start to build up where your lich spawns.
Most missions for your lich almost have no squads to join, Excavations are cancer. Mobile defense can be too as a lich could one shot your defense target. Or harass you into the point of being unable to defend it.
Joining a mission with your level 5 lich after you when you joined someone not expecting to fight something that strong will most likely cause them to leave. So yeah mission wasted.
Most players kill the few lich thralls that spawn along the course of the mission and extract before they allow all thralls to spawn. So you see most players leave after killing 3-5 thralls. Big fun.
Having such a small beginning node with the issue I mentioned above means you could easily level up your lich just by finishing a node before you even get a clue as to what the first parazon mod even is.
Some people like to farm thralls for their murmurs and try to kill their lich at level 2, I've done this, but most times its near impossible because people are so antsy to leave they just assume no more thralls will spawn as soon as they reach extraction. Maybe bite the bullet and for the sake of quality of life, make Lichs less OP and grabby, and add a thrall counter to missions.

That's why I always solo them, and why I save Lich missions when my poopy internet acts up. Sometimes I even think "Eh... Feeling lazy and need to kill my Lich. Maybe matchmaking? *Remembers people blocking Liches, constantly dying, leveling gear, host migrations, etc* Eh... I rather solo it after all."

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

That's why I always solo them, and why I save Lich missions when my poopy internet acts up. Sometimes I even think "Eh... Feeling lazy and need to kill my Lich. Maybe matchmaking? *Remembers people blocking Liches, constantly dying, leveling gear, host migrations, etc* Eh... I rather solo it after all."

Im sure there are many people like me when I say that I haven't figured out the right set of gear to solo a lich without wasting either an eternity, or a bunch of gear items.

45 minutes ago, SunsetRain said:

because people are so antsy to leave they just assume no more thralls will spawn as soon as they reach extraction. 

There's precedent for this though.  I've run captures where I only find 3-4 thralls on the way, then me and the squad idle at extraction or run around like beheaded chickens and never get any more to spawn.  After a while you have to weigh the time to reward ratio... it's often more efficient to just leave and join the next mission than it is to stand around waiting for a new thrall to appear every 50 seconds.   I've found generally no matter how many thralls you may be potentially abandoning, it's still better for your time overall just to move on, extract and crack on to the next.

Edited by (PS4)Zuzu_with_a_Z

People rushing through murmur nodes is something I have started to see.  God these people are stupid.  Your there to farm but you arent willing to actually stay there and fight lol.   You just run to extract lmao???

I cant speak for others.  I always help kill Lichs, thats a murmur boost even if its not mine so it must die.   When I have a Lich I try to go solo but if he shows up while im still trying to get sequence right/farming murmur then people usually help me kill it (not that its needed lol)

Node Types:

• Spy - dont run
  • Excavation - dont run
  • Interception - I just need 1 other person and if a Lich shows I need them to want to kill it (mostly people ignore because they are to distracted I guess by the mission)
  • Capture - only run solo cuz its so short.  If I try to random join a group Its ALWAYS after they have killed the objective and then they rush to the end so I never get murmurs.  Solo fixes that. (great to face your lich)
  • Exterminate - easy (great to face your lich)
  • Sabotage - easy (great to face your lich)
  • Mobile - easy (facing your Lich here is doable but someone has to guard terminal)
  • Defense - easy (pretty easy to face Lich,  just dont put defense objective between you and him lol.  Just focus mostly on grunts and only worry about Lich if he presents himself.  The rounds will advance if you ignore lich but you have to get rid of him before it lets you end the mission i think???  I dont know I kill mine asap)
  • Hijack - Depends on your frame lol.  Can be hard to solo.   Open map Hijack is a hell of a lot easier than the grineer tiles with the doors you have to wait on (thralls can be behind the doors you cant open preventing more from showing up which makes you get very little.)

Lich/thrall levels dont bother me.  I come to ROCK.  Last night I helped a dude kill his Lich with a Lv1 Valkyr lol.  Got all the way up to Lv8 by the end!!(thats sarcasm for how pathetic the affinity is in murmur nodes).  

50 minutes ago, SunsetRain said:

Joining a public lich mission when your lich is level 1 and the hosts is level 5, sucks. Not very fun at all to deal with someones tactic to their grind.

Then come equipped to run rank 5 Lich missions regardless of current rank. 😛

50 minutes ago, SunsetRain said:

Joining a public match with a level 5 lich almost guarantees you'll fight your lich alone, or get left behind because almost no one wants to deal with your problems.

That's not really a problem. If you can fight your Lich solo, you'll be fine if pubbies don't assist you.

51 minutes ago, SunsetRain said:

Soloing a level 3-5 lich is always a hassle because of their tendency to grapple you and almost always kill you just from that alone, not to mention the swarm of grineer that suddenly start to build up where your lich spawns.

Revenant is the ultimate anti-Lich frame. Mesmer Skin means Lich grapples can't hurt you, they're always getting stunned, can be enthralled to take free shots at them (or 1-2shot with Reave), and can enthrall the other Grineer to draw aggro.

52 minutes ago, SunsetRain said:

Most missions for your lich almost have no squads to join, Excavations are cancer. Mobile defense can be too as a lich could one shot your defense target. Or harass you into the point of being unable to defend it.

Use a Frost for Excavation and Mobile Defense. Of course Revenant also works in Mobile Defense if you enthrall enemies to keep others distracted.

54 minutes ago, SunsetRain said:

Joining a mission with your level 5 lich after you when you joined someone not expecting to fight something that strong will most likely cause them to leave. So yeah mission wasted.

Can't say I've ever had that happen. I guess it was rotten luck. Besides, wouldn't the other person just not try and fight your rank 5 Lich like you said before?

55 minutes ago, SunsetRain said:

Most players kill the few lich thralls that spawn along the course of the mission and extract before they allow all thralls to spawn. So you see most players leave after killing 3-5 thralls. Big fun.

Considering you get 10 murmurs for failing to defeat your Lich, it might be more efficient to run through the mission quickly as it helps raise the likelihood of them spawning. If you really wanna squeeze as many thralls out of a mission as possible, you really should stick to solo.

57 minutes ago, SunsetRain said:

Having such a small beginning node with the issue I mentioned above means you could easily level up your lich just by finishing a node before you even get a clue as to what the first parazon mod even is.

58 minutes ago, SunsetRain said:

Some people like to farm thralls for their murmurs and try to kill their lich at level 2, I've done this, but most times its near impossible because people are so antsy to leave they just assume no more thralls will spawn as soon as they reach extraction. Maybe bite the bullet and for the sake of quality of life, make Lichs less OP and grabby, and add a thrall counter to missions.

I'm not sure why people want to dodge their Lich to try and kill them at the lowest rank possible. If fighting them at rank 5 is a chore, come equipped to destroy them. Like I said, Revenant is the most powerful frame to use against Liches as it has infinitely scaling damage and defense. It's much slower to farm murmurs purely on thralls than to take the L and let them kill you.

52 minutes ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_ said:

Capture - only run solo cuz its so short.  If I try to random join a group Its ALWAYS after they have killed the objective and then they rush to the end so I never get murmurs.  Solo fixes that. (great to face your lich)

Yeah this is rather annoying get like 2 thralls or so before they hit extract.

1 hour ago, SunsetRain said:

Hmmm I never had any of this problems I rather got a diffrent problem against rank 5 if you do like mobil defense or something is that everyone run of to fight the lich leaving the object to die and fail the mission.

1 hour ago, Jiminez_Burial said:

Then recruit ffs.  Continuing to run into a wall when there's a gap 1 foot to your left isn't smart, you have the tools to change the situation so do so.

Doesn't work. Liches only spawn for you if you're fighting on a node they occupy. Meaning most people don't want to join a premade team.

You really should learn the game before you try to say it's the player's problem. You're making yourself look like a white knight.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, XaoGarrent said:

Doesn't work. Liches only spawn for you if you're fighting on a node they occupy. Meaning most people don't want to join a premade team.

You really should learn the game before you try to say it's the player's problem. You're making yourself look like a white knight.

White Knight sure, because defaulting to that accusation is the reasonable thing for people to do.  Maybe I'm not aware of the minutiae of the system because I've learned to avoid people by playing solo.  I'm far from a White Knight.  I repeatedly say that DE have no backbone and that they give in to the Lowest Common Denominator in most situations (look at the NW system, it's been reduced to nothing but a checklist rather than actual challenges).  Besides you don't have to recruit people who are wanting to fight their own Lich, just put in recruitment chat "LF> Assistance with killing my Lich".

9 minutes ago, Jiminez_Burial said:

White Knight sure, because defaulting to that accusation is the reasonable thing for people to do.

Maybe check your info better in the future, like I said, your highly misinformed stance is making you LOOK like a white knight. You'd know what you're suggesting doesn't pan out in reality if you ACTUALLY were taking your own advice.

7 minutes ago, XaoGarrent said:

Maybe check your info better in the future, like I said, your highly misinformed stance is making you LOOK like a white knight. You'd know what you're suggesting doesn't pan out in reality if you ACTUALLY were taking your own advice.

Did I say that YOU were making that accusation?  I was saying that jumping to that accusation isn't the "reasonable thing for people to do".  If I was aiming that directly at you then I would have said it wasn't the "reasonable thing for you to do".  If people saw that comment as me White Knighting then they would be jumping to an unreasonable conclusion.  People should consider Hanlon's Razor which in this situation would lead people to think that I'm taking my own advice and therefor am not aware of the finer details of Lich node Public Matchmaking rather than me being a White Knight.  Even in that situation though, my original comment isn't incorrect.  You were just assuming that the people I was suggesting for them to recruit for were also interested in killing their own Lich rather than being people who are just willing to help the OP kill their Lich.

Just now, Jiminez_Burial said:

Did I say that YOU were making that accusation?  I was saying that jumping to that accusation isn't the "reasonable thing for people to do".

Actually it is. There's limited options and that's one of the stronger possibilities. 

Learn about inductive reasoning, please.

15 minutes ago, XaoGarrent said:

Actually it is. There's limited options and that's one of the stronger possibilities. 

Learn about inductive reasoning, please.

Only at a surface level which is like saying a pile of crap could be chocolate because they're both shades of brown.  Someone using true Inductive Reasoning would have seen my use of 'ffs' as a sign of frustration heavily suggesting I've had this discussion before, quite likely even recently.  That should then lead people to my profile where they can see instances of me pretty much outright saying that DE need to grow a backbone, as well as me playing Devils Advocate.  Neither of those things should lead someone to viewing me as a White Knight.

1 minute ago, Jiminez_Burial said:

Only at a surface level which is like saying a pile of crap could be chocolate because they're both shades of brown.  Someone using true Inductive Reasoning would have seen my use of 'ffs' as a sign of frustration heavily suggesting I've had this discussion before, quite likely even recently.

Oh, no. I picked up on that.

It's very evident you didn't learn anything.