Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is the point of building your own ship!

SunsetRain

Why in the world would you build your own ship when you can just jump into someone else's session, take control of their navigation, pilot their ship, man their guns, and use their resources ?
Literally had a dude join in 2 fighters before the mission ended, then set navigation to another mission without even confirming with me? No checks or balances? Every dude that walks into my ship suddenly owns it just as much as I do? Who the actual #*!% is in charge here? Thanks, I love the disarray and the intentional " Well make it possible to do solo, but it wont be easy" attitude. You're the best.

• Like 4

il y a 10 minutes, SunsetRain a dit :

Why in the world would you build your own ship when you can just jump into someone else's session, take control of their navigation, pilot their ship, man their guns, and use their resources ?
Literally had a dude join in 2 fighters before the mission ended, then set navigation to another mission without even confirming with me? No checks or balances? Every dude that walks into my ship suddenly owns it just as much as I do? Who the actual #*!% is in charge here? Thanks, I love the disarray and the intentional " Well make it possible to do solo, but it wont be easy" attitude. You're the best.

You've been Rail(car)jacked :3 "get out"

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, SunsetRain said:

set navigation to another mission without even confirming with me?

It would be nice if they sorted this out. I haven't had this issue pop up, but I was surprised to find out I could access someone else's navigation. Then again, if it's locked to one person, you can't extract without them allowing you too, which would really suck.

The missions I been running only my friend and host can use the navigation the rest seem open to anyone else tho. And for the point of having your own maybe you don't wanna sit in a mission for 20+ min while the group gathering all the resources they can instead of starting the next mission or returning to dock.

1 minute ago, Emolition said:

The missions I been running only my friend and host can use the navigation the rest seem open to anyone else tho. And for the point of having your own maybe you don't wanna sit in a mission for 20+ min while the group gathering all the resources they can instead of starting the next mission or returning to dock.

1 minute ago, PikeOrShield said:

It would be nice if they sorted this out. I haven't had this issue pop up, but I was surprised to find out I could access someone else's navigation. Then again, if it's locked to one person, you can't extract without them allowing you too, which would really suck.

You both know its very possible to make it so you dont have to sit through a mission right? Have you recently played survival, or excavation? They just forgot to include that in something like this. Literal ball drop on so many stupid levels by DE.
We're here complaining about things that have been fixed for years now.

• Like 1

Just now, SunsetRain said:

You both know its very possible to make it so you dont have to sit through a mission right? Have you recently played survival, or excavation? They just forgot to include that in something like this. Literal ball drop on so many stupid levels by DE.
We're here complaining about things that have been fixed for years now.

1. Only host gets to use the nav console

2. It saves between every nav jump, if he jumps for another mission, you can just leave and keep everything from before the jump.

4 minutes ago, -skimmer- said:

1. Only host gets to use the nav console

2. It saves between every nav jump, if he jumps for another mission, you can just leave and keep everything from before the jump.

1. Wrong. As I stated, I had someone set nav to another mission.
2. Doesn't matter as DE obviously wants you to sift through every single mission like ants begging for crumbs for the insignificant amount of resources we'll get to throw into the resource dump named Railjack upgrades

Also I love how you state that it saves after it jumps for another mission, as if its a point of validation.

Edited by SunsetRain

1 minute ago, SunsetRain said:

1. Wrong. As I stated, I had someone set nav to another mission.
2. Doesn't matter as DE obviously wants you to sift through every single mission like ants begging for crumbs for the insignificant amount of resources we'll get to throw into the resource dump named Railjack upgrades

Also I love how you state that it saves after it jumps for another mission, as if its a point of validation.

1. If it really happened, it was obviously a bug. I find it more likely you simply boarded somebody elses ship and got confused. Then again, the update actually IS buggy, it could have happened.

2. The "point of validationl" I was making is that you dont have to be dragged into another mission if you dont want to and you lose nothing. Which of course applies only to cases where you board somebody elses ship.

3 minutes ago, -skimmer- said:

1. If it really happened, it was obviously a bug. I find it more likely you simply boarded somebody elses ship and got confused. Then again, the update actually IS buggy, it could have happened.

2. The "point of validationl" I was making is that you dont have to be dragged into another mission if you dont want to and you lose nothing. Which of course applies only to cases where you board somebody elses ship.

Did you not read my post, and my comment. Dude look at my profile and how long I have been playing. 
I'm insulted you think I didn't customize my own ship, firstly, secondly that I had nearly completed the mission solo, as mentioned only 2 fighters were left when pirate joined my squad.

3 minutes ago, SunsetRain said:

Did you not read my post, and my comment. Dude look at my profile and how long I have been playing. 
I'm insulted you think I didn't customize my own ship, firstly, secondly that I had nearly completed the mission solo, as mentioned only 2 fighters were left when pirate joined my squad.

Darn pirates! Always sneaking up on ninjas and stealing their ships! *shakes fist*

40 minutes ago, -skimmer- said:

Nope! Everyone on the Railjack can use the Navigation console and mission selection requires no vote. We recently had a pubbie who kept bringing us to missions we didn't want to go to, pulling us out of instances before we were able to pick up even the obvious nearby resources. Earlier I jumped into a Free Flight scenario with a friend so he could try out the controls (first time boarding a Railjack). Within 60 seconds, a Pubbie joined and pulled us into a combat mission while my friend still didn't know how to leave the ship. And it's MY ship, because I can see the damn name on the side of it, it has my colour scheme and it has my weapon selection.

1 hour ago, SunsetRain said:

I realise this isn't your point, but - for me owning a Railjack IS the point of owning one. It's its own reward. I don't mind boarding other people's ships and using their stuff, but at the end of the day MY Railjack is the one that looks, feels and drives like I want it to.

7 minutes ago, Steel_Rook said:

I realise this isn't your point, but - for me owning a Railjack IS the point of owning one. It's its own reward. I don't mind boarding other people's ships and using their stuff, but at the end of the day MY Railjack is the one that looks, feels and drives like I want it to.

The owner of the railjack should be the one in control with no limitations. The crew that joins should suffer the limitations. 
Not this, everyone is equal thing.

Mood: "No buddy, I spent my time and resources, take your hands off my wheel."

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SunsetRain said:

The owner of the railjack should be the one in control with no limitations. The crew that joins should suffer the limitations. Not this, everyone is equal thing. Mood: "No buddy, I spent my time and resources, take your hands off my wheel."

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you. I personally wish we had a "Host Kick" option for general lobbies, as well as host veto on picking missions. The problem is that DE are absolutely allergic to giving anyone on the team unequal privileges, even if they paid for the ship, host all the AI on their machine and put the team together themselves. As such, don't expect to see the Railjack act any different. I'm just saying that AS LONG AS everyone on the crew will be treated the same, then we can't let random pubbies solo-vote on the next mission and choose for the entire team with not even an appeal to consensus.

37 minutes ago, Steel_Rook said:

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you. I personally wish we had a "Host Kick" option for general lobbies, as well as host veto on picking missions. The problem is that DE are absolutely allergic to giving anyone on the team unequal privileges, even if they paid for the ship, host all the AI on their machine and put the team together themselves. As such, don't expect to see the Railjack act any different. I'm just saying that AS LONG AS everyone on the crew will be treated the same, then we can't let random pubbies solo-vote on the next mission and choose for the entire team with not even an appeal to consensus.

Yeah every scrub that joins you is a precious equal in the eyes of DE 
:T God forbid you did something to another player that causes them dissatisfaction. Meanwhile DE is slapping us across the face with this heaping load of garbage, and you still see white knights rushing to their defense.

So far I'm only joining other groups and trying to be nice and helpful. After trying to host a couple times there is either no one joins, or there are some people having vague idea what to do. No way I'm letting them take helm or something, last time random guy ended up wasting my missiles.

Since "I have no friends" i'm doomed to be just someone's crewman. So far I'm just hoarding resources and upgrading a ship I'm scared to take off. So yeah, there is no reason for me to have my own ship aside of leveling intrinsics. No reason yet.

Matchmaking is a huge bump here. You also can join the mission seconds before finish and reap a free stuff. As for pubs controlling navigation, well, I tried. Never worked. I hope pubs won't control nav and it's a bug, otherwise there is one more reason for me to never leave the dock with my precious yacht.

8 hours ago, SunsetRain said:

endless, endless content

*making passing wave over the horizon*

On 2019-12-13 at 7:13 PM, SunsetRain said:

then set navigation to another mission without even confirming with me

Only the captain can control navigation. I'm not sure how it happened to you. Bug, clearly.

27 minutes ago, Sedly said:

I would suggest that only owner of the ship should be able to control the navigation and rest of the team would have "leave squad" button like you have in plains and vallis to keep all your progress and rewards.

As said above, only the captain can use navigation. Unless they changed it in a hotfix.

They do need to add a "return to orbiter" button for players who are done and want to leave, rather than making them push "abort mission"

On 2019-12-13 at 9:48 PM, CandyManCriminal said:

definitely needs a mission vote
fortunately i've only gotten good crewmates so far
but a few times i've went to put up a mission, forgetting it starts automatically, and dragged everyone who wasnt ready into battle

Agreed, it needs a "ready" button for the crew members.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

6 minutes ago, DrakeWurrum said:

As said above, only the captain can use navigation. Unless they changed it in a hotfix.

They do need to add a "return to orbiter" button for players who are done and want to leave, rather than making them push "abort mission"

Actually it's buggy as hell yesterday when i was playing only the owner of the ship could use it, but today anyone can use it. Actually today some A****** kept jumping with my ship.