Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Just want to gripe for a second...

ENIAK_Prime

Feel free to share your own stories of joining random Railjack crews. For now, here's mine.

- Hops in to help a Railjack crew.
- Everyone offboard. Ship is dying. Grineer boarded.
- Literally wtf. Start eliminating boarding party.
- Everyone shows up finally to help out.
- But really why was EVERYONE OFF THE SHIP.
- The captain should NEVER LEAVE THE SHIP while enemies are around.
- Unless he has a dedicated pilot taking over goddamn.
- Try patching a hole but game is glitched and won't let me. Odd...
- Once crew is back, they demonstrate momentary common sense and head to gunning/pilot stations after fixing the hazards/repelling the boarding party.
- With no stations left for me, enter slingshot.
- Crew recieves helpful input from Cy that I've loaded myself in.
- Pilot seems to kindly direct me to nearest crewship.
- Inject myself.
- Go about immediately assassinating the gunners and pilot, then taking helm to assure crew I have neutralized the ship.
- Just as I grab the helm I hear reactor's-been-destroyed noise.
- Turn around and see the #*!%ing goddamn pilot has hopped in to do the job even though I was clearly already here. Planned to take the thing for a spin.
- Seriously. The #*!%ing pilot abandoned his station to have fun assassinating a crewship at my expense.
- Mad as heck, but thinking I might stick this out just because it's almost over.
- Get back to Railjack. Remaining open gunner turret is glitched and won't let me on.
- That's it. I quit. Abort Mission.

Seems to me that the VAST majority of pub players really want nothing to do with the Railjack itself and would rather take to AW to go board enemy crewships and blow up their reactors to be the l337est badass.

Which is a problem for me, a guy who went Half-Tac/Half-Gun to get the Recall Warp and Archwing Warhead abilities, which makes that a specialty I'm ACTUALLY built to do.

I did take one point in Engineering so I could be semi-decent at dealing with hazards though, which is what I end up doing half the time in public missions thanks to all THAT.

But, really. If someone can, explain to me what the point of abandoning your ship in the middle of a firefight is. Is there a secret bonus I'm missing out on here by doing thing seemingly the proper way?

3 minutes ago, Soldatto said:

Is there a secret bonus I'm missing out on here by doing thing seemingly the proper way?

Currently the loot design has issues where loot from boarded ships isn't shared by all players, hence why so many are slingshotting themselves into crewships.

Hence why everyone is in a huge grind rush.

Edited by Aldain
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Currently the loot design has issues where loot from boarded ships isn't shared by all players, hence why so many are slingshotting themselves into crewships.

Hence why everyone is in a huge grind rush.

Yeah, but like, they immediately detonate the crewships as soon as they get on, and then leave. Most aren't even farming, they really just seem to not like being on board the Railjack unless it's 10 seconds to critical failure.

1 minute ago, Soldatto said:

Yeah, but like, they immediately detonate the crewships as soon as they get on, and then leave. Most aren't even farming, they really just seem to not like being on board the Railjack unless it's 10 seconds to critical failure.

Honestly it is just the usual grind rush mentality, clearing missions as fast as possible is what many people do, often to the point of neglecting the gameplay entirely.

I can't really provide much more information than that, since I'm still waiting on the console release to actually play it myself.

6 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Honestly it is just the usual grind rush mentality, clearing missions as fast as possible is what many people do, often to the point of neglecting the gameplay entirely.

I can't really provide much more information than that, since I'm still waiting on the console release to actually play it myself.

Here's a tip: Grab some friends you can regularly get together with. Decide on ship jobs ahead of time. Only do public missions if you're bored/desperate.

3 minutes ago, Soldatto said:

Here's a tip: Grab some friends you can regularly get together with. Decide on ship jobs ahead of time. Only do public missions if you're bored/desperate.

Can relate, I try to avoid public, even for invasions search into the party chat.

19 minutes ago, Soldatto said:

Planned to take the thing for a spin.

Don't. Just destroy it. If you're in a ship that needs a Crewship to cause damage, things are wrong. People are much more useful either killing fighters (if they have the Archwing to do it) or helping inside the Jack.

27 minutes ago, Soldatto said:

- The captain should NEVER LEAVE THE SHIP while enemies are around.

Sorry, but with the Omni teleporter tactical skill I don't agree with this. I'm usually flying my Railjack and if I leave it while everyone is off the ship, I teleport back when there is about 30 seconds left on the Imminent timer. Nothing wrong with the Captain leaving the ship if they're paying attention, lol.

8 minutes ago, Soldatto said:

Yeah, but like, they immediately detonate the crewships as soon as they get on, and then leave.

I board, quickly grab resources, kill the gunner, destroy reactor, and haul butt back as quickly as possible.

Why? I consider the Crewship to be a viable threat and one that should be eliminated in as timely a manner as possible. After all, they 1 /2 shot most Archwings and can launch boarding parties.

Sure I can hijack the thing, but you need another Tenno onboard to make it optimal. That leaves two people on the Railjack...

11 minutes ago, Soldatto said:

Most aren't even farming, they really just seem to not like being on board the Railjack unless it's 10 seconds to critical failure.

Sadly that is true. I consider my job on missions to be that of keeping everyone alive and in the fight. I take out immediate threats to survivability. Ship's got a hull breech? I teleport right back and patch it back up.

That beingsaid, Railjack owners...please...don't equip side guns that are anything but continuous or automatic fire. It makes taking down fighters a lot more tedious. Apocs (and similar) on the other hand get a big thumbs up from me. Throwing a curtain of fire at a fast moving target helps ensure that it actually gets hit.

23 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Currently the loot design has issues where loot from boarded ships isn't shared by all players

Honestly I think it should be shared.

10 minutes ago, Yoshihito said:

Nothing is wrong with the Captain leaving the ship if they're paying attention.

Keywords: if they're paying attention.

14 minutes ago, xBloodySin said:

Don't. Just destroy it. If you're in a ship that needs a Crewship to cause damage, things are wrong. People are much more useful either killing fighters (if they have the Archwing to do it) or helping inside the Jack.

Not the point. I was already there. Even if they wanted me to destroy it NOBODY ELSE NEEDED TO BE THERE FOR THAT TO HAPPEN. They wasted a valuable resource (a crew member) to abandon the railjack and come """"""help"""""" me.

2 minutes ago, Soldatto said:

Keywords: if they're paying attention.

Not the point. I was already there. Even if they wanted me to destroy it NOBODY ELSE NEEDED TO BE THERE FOR THAT TO HAPPEN. They wasted a valuable resource (a crew member) to abandon the railjack and come """"""help"""""" me.

Yes, a point. They shouldn't have went there, you shouldn't not be destroying it and wanting to "take it for a spin."

His mistake doesn't erase yours.

12 minutes ago, MirageKnight said:

I board, quickly grab resources, kill the gunner, destroy reactor, and haul butt back as quickly as possible.

Why? I consider the Crewship to be a viable threat and one that should be eliminated in as timely a manner as possible. After all, they 1 /2 shot most Archwings and can launch boarding parties.

A few fun facts.

- The crewship can't fire without crewmen at the guns.
- The grineer crew on board the crewships do not respawn.

So, destroying the reactor is not required to eliminate the threat.

15 minutes ago, Soldatto said:

A few fun facts.

- The crewship can't fire without crewmen at the guns.
- The grineer crew on board the crewships do not respawn.

So, destroying the reactor is not required to eliminate the threat.

But it's required to complete the objective.

24 minutes ago, The_Mustachio said:

Normally when a mission, any mission, goes this poorly, I just write it off. Assume we are going to fail, and just sit back and enjoy the show. Enjoy the cheap entertainment and laugh it off. 
Sometimes you get a pleasant surprise, and they will pull it. That’s rare though. 

Surprisingly, it's actually not all that easy to die. From what I can tell, your RailJack can never actually just be destroyed outright by enemy fire. Instead, what happens is if your RailJack falls below a certain HP level, you get one or two RED hull breaches. These will kill your ship after a countdown and then the mission will fail.

So basically you fail the mission if you either aren't paying attention to the on-board hazards, or you ran out of omni to fix them (which happened only once so far in all my pub runs).

Just now, Yoshihito said:

But it's required to complete the objective.

Yeah I know. But I figure it's more polite to let the captain destroy them after all the other objectives are complete so he and the rest of the crew can loot them first if they want.

Because, y'know, those drops aren't shared (as many have already pointed out).

• Like 1

A common problem with the cursers is when your piloting the Railjack it won’t show a blue indicator that some one has taken it. So you just see this thing flying around and can chose to message an ally or just fly on it kill it.

Even if you see an ally it’s like well I know where it is so maybe just kill it so I can get the 5-7 drops that come out of it. When an ally takes one over they blow it and most the time just leave all those resources to rot. So sometimes it’s worth it.

Sounds like a simple fix would be to actually communicate with your team or just use recruiting. Pubs is a hot mess with most things and unless you like the chaos then why put yourself threw it?

That said my biggest gripe as a console tenno is that the stupid dry doc auto sets to be on a single side rather then symmetrical. Took me building and destroying it 3 times before I got it to fit the way I wanted it to.

6 minutes ago, BDMblue said:

A common problem with the cursers is when your piloting the Railjack it won’t show a blue indicator that some one has taken it. So you just see this thing flying around and can chose to message an ally or just fly on it kill it.

Aaah, that might explain some of it, yeah...

5 minutes ago, (PS4)wintersfrozen said:

Sounds like a simple fix would be to actually communicate with your team or just use recruiting. Pubs is a hot mess with most things and unless you like the chaos then why put yourself threw it?

That's another thing I oughtta gripe about, some of them just don't pay attention to the chat at all! It's... kinda creepy honestly...