Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Railjack updated actually Rushed?

Light_the_Panda

(Sorry for my bad English)

During the Game award, Rebecca announced that they just released the update of Railjack during the show. We all hyped about it, updated the game and join the Flight..

After a few hours or minutes, you realized there a lot of bugs, some balance or even ridiculous meta that may annoy the players 

Here some Example:

When you in Veil nodes you will encounter crewships with ability to heal their fighters as they shoot some sort of Radiation Bubble. There a bug that infinitely regenerate to the fighter making them invincible unless you instant kill them or ramming them down but for Outrider with no weakspot, there no way you can destory it as ramming them down is useless...

Even you destory all the crewship or the Bubbles. They still regenerate health very quick.

If you're using low quality setting, you won't able to see a galleon aka Captain's ship. You will just see 2 floating thruster

There an old bug where Blueprint for the 2 old war weapon are not shared if you are out of the galleon leaving most people to rush to the Galleon and take it first if you play it on Public

This one is ridiculous as is not a bug but some feature that you have 30 min to find a Sentient ship before it fly off and you have to wait for 2 HOURS for it to move to a next location. The downside about this as if you play on public. People may rush to the Ship. Destory the sentients and then left

There are still plenty of bugs from the start of the railjack update till now. Making me feel that we got a rush update just because of game award?

DE please.

2 hours ago, iHeavenLight said:

There are still plenty of bugs from the start of the railjack update till now. Making me feel that we got a rush update just because of game award?

More time would not have eliminated the bugs. It's a fact of software development. Some of these bugs probably wouldn't have shown up until you had tons of people running the missions.

They did admit on Devstream that while they had worked on it off and on throughout the year, the last couple months they've been really crunching time, working days without sleep sometimes, to try and get Empyrean out by the new year.

At this point it's just bug fixes, polish, and QoL improvements, so I can't entirely be mad about it.

I'd say it's probably the most buggy update I've seen by a pretty large margin in 2.6k hours of playtime. That's saying quite a lot for Warframe. 

Every time I play the mode I encounter many bugs, frequently new ones I haven't encountered before, sometimes game-breaking that force me to abort. Although, I think a great deal of bugs are client/host related and often only experienced by clients as I had a lot fewer issues when doing Earth/Saturn solo compared to the extremely frequent and sometimes game-breaking bugs I get doing public games as a client. 

IE: your camera can get stuck in random places while you're still moving around somewhere else, your screen can go completely black (sometimes fixable going in and out of operator if it happens when you're on a ship), earlier I somehow ended up on our ship as an archwing partially stuck in the floor zooming around really fast, tried to go in and out of a turret to fix it which instead made me permanently stuck in the turret, unable to fire, unable to get out and even unable to use chat any longer.

8 hours ago, iHeavenLight said:

During the Game award, Rebecca announced that they just released the update of Railjack during the show. We all hyped about it, updated the game and join the Flight..

After a few hours or minutes, you realized there a lot of bugs, some balance or even ridiculous meta that may annoy the players 

Point of note: On the last devstream, Steve pretty much said that they were in crunch time to get Empyrean out for the awards for some PR. Didn't help them in the slightest going by the sheer number of bugs and game-breaking issues that, predictably, popped up.

Every time DE's stayed late to push an update, what has the more rational elements of the community said? "Go home and rest. We can wait."

And why's that? Because 1. we know what being overworked does to people, and 2. why would anyone in their right mind want content that's buggy due to being rushed out the door?

Now, have they listened to us? Nope. Full speed ahead! We got a deadline to meet!

It's been shown repeatedly that  all "crunching" to meet questionable deadlines ultimately does is lead to people being overworked and stressed out...and far more liable to make mistakes. Mistakes lead to buggy content and ultimately disappointed players. 

Crunching. Helps. Nobody. 

This is exactly how BioWare trashed their reputation - by repeatedly crunching out releases and updates. Right now, DE's doing the exact same thing.

Releasing an iffy update just to capitalize on a lame video game award show was probably one of the dumbest things they've done to date. They needlessly overworked themselves to rush out half-baked content only to meet a ton of legitimate criticism that's not going to easily go away anytime soon.

I feel like I'm watching a ship slowly sink from repeated collisions into avoidable icebergs and it's really sad.

• 3 weeks later...

I think it's even more than rushed : basically half of what they promised us is missing.

Among other things :

• Railjack cannot land anywhere else than dry dock.
  • Advanced gamemodes like the capital ship sabotage and exploration aren't there, instead we get alot of pew pew pew objectives and basic inside missions (command ship's tileset is even completely recycled)
  • Corpus not implemented (where have they gone after the Tennocon demo ?)
  • Energy rerouting system is gone, among other cool ideas they had to modify the ship.
  • Environmental hazard (like voidstorms) and such random events are nowhere to be seen.

Dunno if it's going to arrive later, I hope it is. Railjack as it is right now is already starting to get boring because it is just another area of endless grind (history repeats itself). If they don't release the rest, the interest will die in a matter of months and that's all.

Also this whole shebang about "connection" instead of "expansion", squad-link and the RJ becoming the cement of all the mission is missing too. Although I suppose it would take alot of work to integrate properly in the mastodon this game has become.

To illustrate, here's Quite Shallow's video (in case you didn't saw it already) :

27 minutes ago, Tak_Thoan said:

I think it's even more than rushed : basically half of what they promised us is missing.

Among other things :

• Railjack cannot land anywhere else than dry dock.
  • Advanced gamemodes like the capital ship sabotage and exploration aren't there, instead we get alot of pew pew pew objectives and basic inside missions (command ship's tileset is even completely recycled)
  • Corpus not implemented (where have they gone after the Tennocon demo ?)
  • Energy rerouting system is gone, among other cool ideas they had to modify the ship.
  • Environmental hazard (like voidstorms) and such random events are nowhere to be seen.

Dunno if it's going to arrive later, I hope it is. Railjack as it is right now is already starting to get boring because it is just another area of endless grind (history repeats itself). If they don't release the rest, the interest will die in a matter of months and that's all.

Also this whole shebang about "connection" instead of "expansion", squad-link and the RJ becoming the cement of all the mission is missing too. Although I suppose it would take alot of work to integrate properly in the mastodon this game has become.

To illustrate, here's Quite Shallow's video (in case you didn't saw it already) :

Damn, someone beated me to the punch. But honestly its ALOT more then just rushed, more of a hodge-podge of using existing assets to quickly get it into a state that might work if d.e. didnt slap the patented low drop rate b.s. again on it. Plus rushing out 3 whole freaking planets of the exact same thing over and over again except with enemies with much more ridiculous scaling and one particular resource having absurdly high values of parts you will likely build and build again to replace by gutting the previous part and not get much back except a partial resource refund. But back to other elements that were skipped out on:

• Temporary reinforcement via small material consumption to give what looked like it could of been a bonus to stats for several missions.
  • ACTUAL spelunking of void towers to get rare items and then have a mini-boss fight like scenario which was a major hype up with the new infested unit which instead got relegated to be the NOX/BURSA of infested units instead. Except they are much more useless since they have nothing really to stand out for them except being some kind of bi-pedal charger. Which yes, we can KIND of do that in some veil missions, but its just a kind of worthless resource node to scavenge since the loot in those maps are insanely easy to acquire and d.e. couldnt do something like having major titanium stores in these kinds of special locations.
  • Plus likely all the other hype ups that were chattered about AFTER the trailer on what railjack could be like.

Which certainly does not help since the whole fking thing with the ship is that its going to be NE.CESS.ARY., to take on the sentient threat when how the heck is one of those going to be that useful against what is likely to be assumed a freaking army of sentients who had no real issue YEET`ing the moon before. Lore wise, it has no real solid foundation, it would of been more impressive if it continued on with us rallying the tenno and associates like the syndicates to start building a fleet, but clearly that is likely going to get hodge podged in at the last second and suddenly whatever ships they have are able to hold thar own against the sentients.

Anyway thats just my lore-nutter-isms kicking in where if a game is going to have a story, it better have one that make sense or its just useless drivel that makes whatever media its being shown thru, ruin any amazement on it.

From what I have experienced so far, Railjack needed at least three more months of development for the current content to work properly, not to mention all the missing features. Its getting more and more obvious imo, that DE is lacking the proper manpower to cope with their increasingly ambitious projects and to enable them to release them fulfledged in a reasonable amount of time. Instead we get barebone content, released piece by piece, each riddled with issues and bugs, missing out on almost all features initially proposed... At the moment, it seems to me, that they lost control over their game. I only hope, they can gain it back somehow.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, (XB1)Kuhl MC said:

From what I have experienced so far, Railjack needed at least three more months of development for the current content to work properly, not to mention all the missing features. Its getting more and more obvious imo, that DE is lacking the proper manpower to cope with their increasingly ambitious projects and to enable them to release them fulfledged in a reasonable amount of time. Instead we get barebone content, released piece by piece, each riddled with issues and bugs, missing out on almost all features initially proposed... At the moment, it seems to me, that they lost control over their game. I only hope, they can gain it back somehow.

It's not a manpower issue. DE's team is quite large, comparable to some AAA studios (last I heard ~250, half of that being development). Their problems are stemming from poor project management and too wide of a scope of work to push out large updates without major issues/delays. The amount of moving parts to Warframe's development is huge (with what was discussed on devstream linked below).

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Upcoming_Features

Railjack was 100% rushed out in order to make the E3 announcement. Considering nearly none of the features that were discussed (see QuiteShallow's video linked above) were actually released with the update should tell everyone this was rushed to try and keep the hype train moving.

The fact that Warframe's steam player #'s dropped after its release is pretty damning.