Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is the armistice ever going to end?

Akaruy

1 hour ago, Acersecomic said:

Any kind of inter-player competition results in a lot of toxic and foul play, exploitation of bugs and glitches and general lack of sportsmanship.

Even PVE oriented things with leaderboards.

Not at all? It just depends on the community. And warframe or at least the forums and reddit are moreso the toxic lot from my observation. At least in my opinion 

7 hours ago, Acersecomic said:

Any kind of inter-player competition results in a lot of toxic and foul play, exploitation of bugs and glitches and general lack of sportsmanship.

Even PVE oriented things with leaderboards.

That's not true. And even if it was, that is indicative of a problem with the players playing it, rather than with the game itself. Take Soccer and Baseball for instance. Millions of people play them just fine and have a great time doing so. 

On 2020-02-07 at 6:41 AM, HugintheCrow said:

"This guy is my circlejerk buddy, we love hating on the dreaded cAsuLS."

Yes.

Cool, I don't care you're friends. Appeal to imaginary authority is and will always be a very low tier of strawmanning

Is it really an appeal to authority when the person knows much more about the subject than you do? For instance, unknown.png?width=945&height=427

Those are your PvP stats.
And here are Vulari's PvP stats
d7e117ee-c1eb-4a5e-8ec0-0b931248f4ae_Thu

I think he knows a bit more about PvP in Warframe than you do.

There is no such thing as clan "politics"

It's the toxicity of the big clans

You managed to contradict yourself awfully quickly, but thats okay.

Stop making yourselves look like the victims here. You are the CULPRITS, not victims

Please. We are not as awful as you make us out to be. We were essentially bureaucratic warriors. Our nodes routinely had 0% taxes and 15% taxes during double credit/resource weekends. We lowered overall taxes across the system on Xbox. Do not conflate us with the alliances on PC that you FAILED to overthrow. It should have been easy, given how easy it was on Xbox for is to take Solar Rails. Every possible advantage that could be given was in the hands of the offense and you never used them. Incredible. The blame for high taxes rests upon the community, who could have lowered them at any time.

The bottom line is: Chill out with you "we so hardcore" elitism

That's the thing! We were never hardcore players. We played in the old system casually. If we had taken more of an interest in the system, perhaps we would have controlled more nodes than the measly 6 that we held at the time of armistice.

accept your own faults

What faults do we have exactly? Besides being a passionate about the game mode we loved and being unwilling to jump on a bandwagon based on a pathological fear of PvP?

Armistice went into effect because toxic, salty "pvp-mains" such as you and your buddy started overdosing on bullS#&$. DDOS attacks, literally hacking, abusing glitches and insanely overpowered strategies

We did nothing of the sort. We were fairly tech illiterate and I doubt we would have been organized enough at that time to do pull off something like a DDOS attack, nor could we "hack" the game. Xbox would have come down very hard on us if we did something like that. The thing about leading clans and alliances is that the people leading them (assuming Vulari is still a Warlord in his clan) is that you have to be really calm and level headed to be so appealing that hundreds of people would gather to organize around your banner. We weren't toxic, salty, or "PvP-mains". Our only sin was that we enjoyed the Dark Sector Conflicts. Something that is apparently unforgivable in the eyes of many forum dwellers.

11 hours ago, (XB1)The Repo Man151 said:

That's not true. And even if it was, that is indicative of a problem with the players playing it, rather than with the game itself. Take Soccer and Baseball for instance. Millions of people play them just fine and have a great time doing so. 

There are even other PvP games out there that have hundreds of thousands of active players like League of Legends and CSGO.

On 2020-02-11 at 2:17 PM, (XB1)The Repo Man151 said:

Yes, many do enjoy it, but there's a ton of toxicity in those sports as well. I mean even in Little League level, it can get pretty bad. Of course it's the players fault, not the games. PvP games are notorious for toxicity, and WF wouldn't likely be any different. 

Apex, Fortnite, Overwatch, League of Legends, CS:GO, Rainbow 6, all have a ton of toxicity. One trip to the forums, Reddit, region chat, the big partners chats, can show the community isn't in the best place right now. I don't know if it's the right time to introduce PvP. Just working on it alone, could cause ppl to get upset, bc of the state of the game.

On 2020-02-14 at 3:35 AM, (PS4)GbHaseo said:

Yes, many do enjoy it, but there's a ton of toxicity in those sports as well. I mean even in Little League level, it can get pretty bad. Of course it's the players fault, not the games. PvP games are notorious for toxicity, and WF wouldn't likely be any different. 

Apex, Fortnite, Overwatch, League of Legends, CS:GO, Rainbow 6, all have a ton of toxicity. One trip to the forums, Reddit, region chat, the big partners chats, can show the community isn't in the best place right now. I don't know if it's the right time to introduce PvP. Just working on it alone, could cause ppl to get upset, bc of the state of the game.

Warframe's community is already extremely toxic. Just look at how people in this thread react to the mere concept of PvP in their beloved game. Not to mention this recent Primed Chamber fiasco.

10 hours ago, (XB1)The Repo Man151 said:

Warframe's community is already extremely toxic. Just look at how people in this thread react to the mere concept of PvP in their beloved game. Not to mention this recent Primed Chamber fiasco.

That's very true, which is why as much I'd love some PvP of some kind. I'm just not sure it's the right time. I often wonder if the time to introduce has passed 😞

So an idea I had to stop clans/alliances from freely putting up protection rails was to have it so they would have to do a mission (maybe an interception) to decode the "address" for the rail, akin to a security access code, to give them the option to deploy. Make them have to work to get the chance to.

On 2019-12-22 at 10:37 AM, (NSW)Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

I hope not. PvP can go die in a fire, as far as I'm concerned.

I agree this game doesn't need PvP. You wont ever properly balance it. If I want to play a PvP game I'll go play it. It's why I like warframe, has no PvP to it at all. Squad link looks very intriguing to me. 

I do think the idea can be applied to PvE. I dont want PvP to infiltrate this community lol 

Edited by (XB1)Cram Duahcim

19 hours ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

Only until Warbros is completely gone from the game, we can't risk having the former #1 clan out there pointing out more game flaws and finding more gaping holes in the game's code.

It is entirely possible that other players can rise up and beat them. Do you not have faith in the potential of the community to organize and collectively handle threats?

1 hour ago, (XB1)The Repo Man151 said:

It is entirely possible that other players can rise up and beat them. Do you not have faith in the potential of the community to organize and collectively handle threats?

It is not even about being able to compete with them (considering DE has reset some leaderboards in past events when Warbros was winning by also pointing out bugs) but the idea of those players doing a ton of beta test chores efficiently, in most cases a developer would be quite grateful when the game's flaws are pointed out but DE can't stand that, now imagine having a big clan whose internal structure was broken by the devs and it still lives on, besides, the thing about the solar rails wasn't even a tyrannical rule by Warbros but quite the opposite, they usually took an important sector and put the lowest tax on it, contrary to the other clans which seemed to also have infinite credits to pay others so players would feel quite tempted to just destroy Warbros's rail.

9 hours ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

It is not even about being able to compete with them (considering DE has reset some leaderboards in past events when Warbros was winning by also pointing out bugs) but the idea of those players doing a ton of beta test chores efficiently, in most cases a developer would be quite grateful when the game's flaws are pointed out but DE can't stand that, now imagine having a big clan whose internal structure was broken by the devs and it still lives on, besides, the thing about the solar rails wasn't even a tyrannical rule by Warbros but quite the opposite, they usually took an important sector and put the lowest tax on it, contrary to the other clans which seemed to also have infinite credits to pay others so players would feel quite tempted to just destroy Warbros's rail.

I don't even think of Warbros when it comes to PC rails. I think of groups like ICE or LotE.