Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

simple but cool idea for the new war

(PSN)phazonman

i was thinking about the new war and thought about a simple but cool idea

nicknames

in war soldiers who achieve great things are sometime given nicknames , 2 that come to my mind are Simo Häyhä a finnish sniper who was nicknamed the white death by the red army , the dude is believed to have killed around 500 men during the winter war , the 2nd is Heinrich Severloh a nazi gunner in ww2 who was nicknamed the beast of omaha after killing and injuring 3800 american soldiers during the battle of omaha beach

so yeah the idea of giving nicknames to our tennos would really fit the theme of war on top of making our tennos look even more badass by giving them awesome nicknames , it would also feel awesome to hear bosses call us by our nicknames

my other idea is to be able to name our operators , after all they must surely have names

il y a 9 minutes, BaIthazar a dit :

I'm fine with nicknames as long as they're not too obnoxious, and please god almighty in the heavens DO NOT LET PLAYERS PICK THEIR OWN NICKNAME.

I always thought the voice names are your tenno names, but I could be wrong

actually the whole point of my idea was to choose your tenno's nickname

vor 1 Minute schrieb (PS4)phazonman:

nah i don't think de would put something random in our character customization option

Thing is, if it's just a set number of pre-determined names, wouldn't that get really old and boring after five minutes? Having a cool nickname doesn't feel all that special after seeing a thousand other players sporting that same nickname. 😕

Just now, (PS4)phazonman said:

actually the whole point of my idea was to choose your tenno's nickname

Stalker
Deathseeker74
Lotus
TylRegorJr
SchoolShooter69
xXxShadowbladexXx
wrgjvubjvewou
YourMom
DonaldTrump
UzumakiNaruto
ShinobiGod

we won't be seeing a lot of nice immersive names.
When given this option people tend towards edgy and obnoxious douchy names

• Like 1

à l’instant, Berserkerkitten a dit :

Thing is, if it's just a set number of pre-determined names, wouldn't that get really old and boring after five minutes? Having a cool nickname doesn't feel all that special after seeing a thousand other players sporting that same nickname. 😕

it could be like naming a compagnon or a weapon , meaning you make your own nickname

il y a 3 minutes, BaIthazar a dit :

Stalker
Deathseeker74
Lotus
TylRegorJr
SchoolShooter69
xXxShadowbladexXx
wrgjvubjvewou
YourMom
DonaldTrump
UzumakiNaruto
ShinobiGod

we won't be seeing a lot of nice immersive names.
When given this option people tend towards edgy and obnoxious douchy names

it's not different from seeing people's usernames during the loading screen

40 minutes ago, (PS4)phazonman said:

i'm sad to inform you that sadly you are not the sun and as such the world doesn't revolve around you

Cool, still don’t need the option to name them. 
Also, I’m allowed to post on a topic on a public forum. And guess what- not everyone needs to revolve around your opinion. 

Edited by (PS4)corpusbonds

22 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

Image result for what could possibly go wrong meme

We can already name our accounts, our weapons and our pets and things don't go THAT tremendously wrong aside from the occasional "why is this on the blacklist". So, all in all, I'd be down for name-able Operators.

26 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

We can already name our accounts, our weapons and our pets and things don't go THAT tremendously wrong aside from the occasional "why is this on the blacklist". So, all in all, I'd be down for name-able Operators.

Actually I’ve seen some pretty nasty names for pets/weapons etc. At least a couple of times per day.

il y a 13 minutes, (PS4)corpusbonds a dit :

Actually I’ve seen some pretty nasty names for pets/weapons etc. At least a couple of times per day.

i litterally have a kavat named lucifer and once had a zaw spear i called the 666th impaler before renaming it the penance spear

Edited by (PS4)phazonman

Some suggestions are better to stay hidden, buried so deep that no one will find them in thousands of years...

... This, unfortunately, is one of them. If its supposed to depend on our accomplishments, everyone will be given the same nickname because... we kill everything.

If we're supposed to be the ones to give ourselves the nickname, we're going to see a lot of "Player name: YourMom | Nickname: YourSister" or something more offensive than this.

If we're supposed to be given nicknames by other players, we're going to see a lot of " ****** " as nicknames due to the offensive nature of humanity, which basically revolves around "Force others to respect you while you disrespect others endlessly". People will hold out face to face to avoid getting slugged, but they won't hold back online since there are no physical repercussions.

No, this suggestion stays buried.

Edited by Uhkretor

16 minutes ago, (PS4)phazonman said:

i litterally have a kavat named lucifer and once had a zaw spear i called the 666th impaler before renaming it the penance spear

Oh those aren’t.. I mean I’ve seen literally sexual names and even slurs for names. They get past the filters with dashes or numbers and it’s just really sad.

I wanted to name my Operator as early as the Second Dream. Tying account name to in game avatar name is kinda beh. I mean we're constantly discovering new parts of our past, so why not allow us to remember our Operator's name? Would be a fitting little gimmick for the Duvuri quest, since we'll be exploring a lot more about our past in it.