The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This game is WAY too harsh on solo players, especially if you have a bad network

IllogicalLogic420

Idk where to start, maybe with networking.

This game relies way too heavily on being connected to your internet, or any internet connection. I shouldn't have to spell out why this is bad. But I guess i have to. You can't play the game. Simple. You can't do anything. If you're lucky, you can hope the game lets you stay in mission while your network dies every 60-120 seconds, or from super slow speeds, and then pray it updates upon mission completion, even if it takes minutes to update.

But usually, you just end up losing all of your hard work, or not being able to play at all.

Why is this game tied so heavily to a network connection? Is it REALLY worth screwing over people who love and support the game?

Great game though, as always.

To add salt to the wounds, the game is very unrewarding for solo players, compared to squad play. The amount of work you put into the game doesn't yield the same benefit, in fact, it's much less. Less loot/rewards/items/whatever. Have fun farming? Play solo, it'll extend farm times by 10x (exaggeration).

I love the game. I can say a million good things about it, but pointing out all of the good doesn't fix all of the bad, what little there is.

Keep up the good work ❤️

• Like 1

Honestly all I saw the OP write was... I have rubbish internet/network that keeps dropping connection but it's the games fault that I can't play it how it's meant to be played with others....so because I can't play in groups, please buff solo rewards.

23 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Honestly all I saw the OP write was... I have rubbish internet/network that keeps dropping connection but it's the games fault that I can't play it how it's meant to be played with others....so because I can't play in groups, please buff solo rewards.

That's weird. Not sure how you reached that conclusion but you totally missed the mark.

32 minutes ago, Syln said:

Complaining about a multiplayer online game to rely on your internet connection and being more rewarding when you don't play solo. Your pseudonym suit you !

Uh huh. Silly smh.

30 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

It's an MMO, not a single player game with a multiplayer component, of course it's gonna require constant internet connection. Imagine saying that on the WoW forums or TERA forums or whatever... You'd get laughed at so hard.

Right, but warframe is it's own beast and offers a solo mode. It's perfectly reasonable to ask about this, and ask for lesser restrictions. Warframe isn't just an MMo, it's so much more, and can be played as a non-mmo.

22 minutes ago, (PS4)Zuzu_with_a_Z said:

Having it online only is a great thing and means nobody can cheat and mod their accounts since it's all saved serverside.

The day they allowed offline play is the day this game dies. 

Thanks for being the first to give a respectable answer and not act like an ass hat.

But I mean, people have cheated plenty of times in this game already.....what's stopping them?

Although, you know how DE can clone accounts? An easy solution seems to allow the player 2 profiles: One for offline play, and one for online play, maybe?

21 minutes ago, IllogicalLogic420 said:

That's weird. Not sure how you reached that conclusion but you totally missed the mark.

Because of you saying this...

If you're lucky, you can hope the game lets you stay in mission while your network dies every 60-120 seconds, or from super slow speeds, and then pray it updates upon mission completion, even if it takes minutes to update.

and

1 hour ago, IllogicalLogic420 said:

To add salt to the wounds, the game is very unrewarding for solo players, compared to squad play. The amount of work you put into the game doesn't yield the same benefit, in fact, it's much less. Less loot/rewards/items/whatever. Have fun farming? Play solo, it'll extend farm times by 10x (exaggeration).

It is not the games fault if you don't have a suitable connection/network/computer to play this game in the way it was designed to be played.... those of us with a suitable connection/network/computer do not have the same issues you are complaining about.  And to be fair the amount of data this game uploads/downloads is incredibly small compared with some games too.

Edited by LSG501

When it comes to using the connection argument in an online game I'd recommend throwing shots at a lack of dedicated servers. Using cheap Peer2Peer connections and poor match making with no real option for players with those connection problems to opt out of hosting thereby making everyone's experience worse.

However yes, the game has become increasingly neglectful to the reward difference between Solo and Multiplayer since around the time Relics were added. I recall DE's big promotion on that was it being better than Void key sharing however it's far worse when not comparing that specific method. DE essentially forced Radshares on the community for comparable results and everything since then has been about accumulating items far quicker in a groups.

Other players are just a means of getting loot quicker and little to nothing else.

On 2019-12-23 at 6:17 PM, Gabbynaru said:

It's an MMO, not a single player game with a multiplayer component, of course it's gonna require constant internet connection. Imagine saying that on the WoW forums or TERA forums or whatever... You'd get laughed at so hard.

To be fair, technically, this is not an MMO, it's a Co-Op.

The distinction is very subtle - in an MMO, you have a persistent world where you can randomly run into other players you have not specifically chosen to connect with. They're just there, playing the game same as you.

Co-Op means you're playing hosted private sessions accessed via lobbies, a la the Diablo games, or GW1.

Warframe does it blur it some since we can set it to Public and random people can join as we go, but you'll never have more than that 4-player cell, and it's not a persistent area that your mission takes part in... it's procedurally generated.

--

But as to the OP - sad to say, Warframe is an online game, and always will be. I don't think an offline play mode is something that could be easily done with the game's architecture right now. The only real solution to your problem is to find a way to get better internet... which may not be possible at your current address, of course, with the way internet companies tend to be. It's a SOL situation.

Edited by DrakeWurrum
  • Like 1

There are a few more things that have a penalty or slow down solo players.

Void fissure in solo mode have no options for opened relic reward. Multiplayer allow options to choose which reward.

Solo survival have less enemies that can have less drops from enemies.
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1100028-setting-for-solos-to-spawn-more-mobs/
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1059010-solo-survival-im-fed-up/

Solo exterminate requires about the same number of kills to complete mission. This is often slower then 4 player exterminate.

There is one place that have done something right for Solo. The index (Neptune). Solo have 3 allies on your team, with same number of enemies.

10 minutes ago, sam686 said:

There are a few more things that have a penalty or slow down solo players.

Void fissure in solo mode have no options for opened relic reward. Multiplayer allow options to choose which reward.

Solo survival have less enemies that can have less drops from enemies.
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1100028-setting-for-solos-to-spawn-more-mobs/
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1059010-solo-survival-im-fed-up/

Solo exterminate requires about the same number of kills to complete mission. This is often slower then 4 player exterminate.

There is one place that have done something right for Solo. The index (Neptune). Solo have 3 allies on your team, with same number of enemies.

Actually I find having them is worse since they feed the enemies tokens.