Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

That cyst, please remove it.

Test-995

I don't know how many times it brought up but seriously it's not needed, and detrimental enough to delete.

Or allow us to pay to rush cyst removal, so you get money we can delete it fast enough everyone happy.

Maybe you could add a config instead, to make it invisible..

26 minutes ago, Test-995 said:

I don't know how many times it brought up but seriously it's not needed, and detrimental enough to delete.

Or allow us to pay to rush cyst removal, so you get money we can delete it fast enough everyone happy.

Maybe you could add a config instead, to make it invisible..

You can access the Infested room in the back of the Orbiter to remove it.

Or drain it to make an Infested kubrow puppy.

It only shows up on brand-new warframes, so it's not really ever brought up as a problem.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

2 minutes ago, DrakeWurrum said:

You can access the Infested room in the back of the Orbiter to remove it.

Or drain it to make an Infested kubrow puppy.

It only shows up on brand-new warframes, so it's not really ever brought up as a problem.

Yeah, this is additional 7-day time gate for new frames.

11 minutes ago, Test-995 said:

Maybe if it bothers you that much. Honestly, I max frames before it even starts growing, then when I go back to it, I'm like "Oh yeah, I should remove that thing."

I actually did get a second Infested puppy a while back, out of curiosity. Proved to be a MUCH larger one than my first. I might make a third just to see what happens. It's nice to have the option of making additional Infested puppies, though I wish they had more actual variety in appearance (like, different strains).

10 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

I'd like the game even more if there was a reasonable way to innoculate a new frame or remove the cyst early.

Admittedly would be nice if we could innoculate it in the chair, before going out with it. Wouldn't hurt to have as an option.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

56 minutes ago, DrakeWurrum said:

Maybe if it bothers you that much. Honestly, I max frames before it even starts growing, then when I go back to it, I'm like "Oh yeah, I should remove that thing."

I actually did get a second Infested puppy a while back, out of curiosity. Proved to be a MUCH larger one than my first. I might make a third just to see what happens. It's nice to have the option of making additional Infested puppies, though I wish they had more actual variety in appearance (like, different strains).

I already listed bunch of ways to fix this without affecting actual system.

3 hours ago, Test-995 said:

Yeah, this is what drives me nuts. I mean, aesthetics aside, I feel like an A****** playing with an infected frame and spreading it further. At the same time, like a lot of players tend to tell me, I'm really just glad to get it out of the way as soon as possible with a new frame, so it's really pointless to try not to spread it. I just kind of have to accept that every new frame is going to have a big nasty pimple on it for a week, starting from about the time I've finished polarizing and tweaking.

20p for a vaccine or a rush removal, whichever DE would prefer, would be really, really nice. = /

34 minutes ago, CopperBezel said:

20p for a vaccine or a rush removal, whichever DE would prefer, would be really, really nice. = /

Making it plat-only would be so scuzzy.  Think about it the way a new person would: instead of paying for a cosmetic, DE adds a blemish to your frames that you can pay to remove early? That's just hilarious and horrendous. 😛

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

Making it plat-only would be so scuzzy.  Think about it the way a new person would: instead of paying for a cosmetic, DE adds a blemish to your frames that you can pay to remove early? That's just hilarious and horrendous. 😛

How so? Building a Warframe without plat takes four-five days, and removing the cyst without plat takes a week. DE has always let you pay-to-skip.

hace 20 minutos, (XB1)Erudite Prime dijo:

On one hand, sure, give people the option to pay plat to remove it early. If you really want to waste plat that badly, go ahead, it'll help DE's finances too.

Then they will make the largest cyst.

They simply need to remove it, the fact you have to go over the process of sitting on the chair to remove and innoculate each and every single Warframe you get is tremendously absurd. And there's 42+ Warframes in the game.

Obviously they need to add an alternative way of getting the Chargers.

32 minutes ago, (XB1)Erudite Prime said:

On one hand, sure, give people the option to pay plat to remove it early. If you really want to waste plat that badly, go ahead, it'll help DE's finances too.

Seriously? add a plat cost to remove on of the most obnoxious "features" that shouldn't have been added onto the game in the first place? What?

I know adding reasonable options to buy this or that for plat are ok, but this isn't one.

Just now, (XB1)Erudite Prime said:

How so? Building a Warframe without plat takes four-five days, and removing the cyst without plat takes a week. DE has always let you pay-to-skip.

I think to understand why it would appear more shady monetizing this rather than frame builds, you'll have to imagine that instead of a cyst, it was something different that would actually bother you.  Maybe a weeping sore or a bad pedicure. Maybe a high pitched buzzing sound you can't get rid of while you're playing.  Maybe rather than something cosmetic, a minor debuff like lower sprint speed, or a credit tax.  Maybe when you type in chat, the game auto-adds a dumb exclamation to your sentences, like "B-b-bingo!" or "Tiltskillet = honeymuffin!"  Maybe you're such a virtual stoic nothing in the game can bother you, so DE magically gives you noisy and inopportune gas or unruly nosehair in RL...or gives these to your significant other!  Anyway, I'm sure you can come up with something.

That might be enough, but now put yourself in the shoes of a newer player if you can, and pretend you only have 50 plat, and there's a ton of cool stuff you actually might want to buy.  Oh, sure you could get a slot, reactor, or forma with some of it, or an interesting cosmetic, or maybe you'll save it for something bigger later on--in any case, something that expands what you can do and you'll have for as long as you play the game.  But wait...now the game is inflicting this random annoying BS on you after you have fun playing your first  frame for a day, and saying you can pay, not to get something, but to have  something deleted?  

And remember, you came up with something truly aggravating to you, (XB1)Erudite Prime, by using that powerful imagination of yours. 

Oh, and by the way, you get to deal with this every time you get a new frame!

That wouldn't feel just a trifle extortive?

Yeah, you're right, in a broader sense, it's not that different than paying to skip wait time.  And I'm loath to admit it, but I probably would pay a small amount of plat to skip the cyst on new frames I was enjoying.  But plat doesn't mean much to me, and I'm not that smart.

• Like 1