Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why the high mastery rank is so worthless?

ReW1zeR

At the 16th rank of mastery, all possibilities are opened. What is the point of increasing it further? Definitely to show off to friends (but it's stupid).
In addition to the imaginary advantages of increasing the rank, I propose adding something worthwhile so that players have an incentive to strive to achieve the maximum rank, which, in principle, is logical and should be in the every game.
For example, you can increase rewards for sorties with a rank of mastery or add a passive booster. In general, something really useful.

Edited by ReW1zeR

no,ty, rank grind should be "forced" by rewards. Im telling this as Mr 27 and still.   

And you know, ranks give you smol rewards, but why do u think they should give u huge rewards? Seriously, if you want only rewards for your every breath - jsut do things with rewards,not ranks. Easy.

Instead of one huge reward, there are a whole bunch of smaller advantages, which add up:

- At MR28, all your unranked gear has 28 mod capacity. 56 with a potato.
- Higher daily reputation caps, which can help you progress faster OR increase your plat income if trading.
- More trades per day
- Larger Void Traces storage
- Higher maximum level of enemies in Simulacrum (useful for testing)
- Higher daily Focus cap

But there's one drawback because of which I refuse to do a MR19 test:
- MR 16, 17 and 18 have a really nice sigil shape. I've turned it upside down, enlarged it and am using it as a fashion accessory in place of a syandana.

Devs please, let us be able to use all previous MR sigil shapes!
Edit: I'm thankful that ranking up means nothing but saving time. I like my sigil.

Edited by Uthael
  • Like 1

I like the daily reputation pool increase as it shortens the faction grind quite a bit compared to new players, and that is an advantage I find having fair.  One addition I would like to see is focus gain scaling with MR. Other than that, I don't think we should add more things because we are getting quite close to mr30, at which point I think DE should create something new instead of going over MR30. 

17 minutes ago, Uthael said:

Instead of one huge reward, there are a whole bunch of smaller advantages, which add up:

- Higher daily reputation caps, which can help you progress faster
OR increase your plat income if trading.
- More trades per day
- Larger Void Traces storage
- Higher maximum level of enemies in Simulacrum (useful for testing)
- Higher daily Focus cap

But there's one drawback because of which I refuse to do a MR19 test:
- MR 16, 17 and 18 have a really nice sigil shape. I've turned it upside down, enlarged it and am using it as a fashion accessory in place of a syandana.

Devs please, let us be able to use all previous MR sigil shapes!
Edit: I'm thankful that ranking up means nothing but saving time. I like my sigil.

This makes a big difference.

It felt massively slower when I made a new Alt and trying to gain Rep for Ostron, Solaris and Quills

Even at MR17 compared with my org acct it's noticeable.

2 minutes ago, George_PPS said:

This would be amazing. It should be implemented. 

This had been the case for a long time. Your starting capacity is your MR. You still need to level it from 1, but you can treat it like it's already level <MR> for modding.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Uthael said:

24 minutes ago, George_PPS said:

This would be amazing. It should be implemented. 

This is already implemented, you know... Everything I listed is.

Edited by Uthael

Personally, I'm of the opinion that MR shouldn't HAVE any rewards, at least not after a point. The MR grind is long, boring and ultimately unfulfilling as you cycle through worthless garbage not to use, but to tick a box. I'd personally rather leave it as a list of collectables, like what the Profile -> My Profile -> Equipment screen is. People who like collecting things will collect things. People who don't like collecting things don't really benefit from being forced to do so.

Well in this case i would say it is not completely worthless to be high MR but at the same time it is not fulfilling enough if u reach said MR they should add as

7 minutes ago, Steel_Rook said:

Personally, I'm of the opinion that MR shouldn't HAVE any rewards, at least not after a point. The MR grind is long, boring and ultimately unfulfilling as you cycle through worthless garbage not to use, but to tick a box. I'd personally rather leave it as a list of collectables, like what the Profile -> My Profile -> Equipment screen is. People who like collecting things will collect things. People who don't like collecting things don't really benefit from being forced to do so.

said it should have at the minimum some sort of benefit be it some nice cosmetics but the fact that u don't get anything really mention worthy is kinda underwhelming

yes having more mod capacity at the beginning of your weapon lvling is nice but surely it is not sth i would call a benefit in long run

having higher standing cap is also nice but no use if ur already max

so getting to MR 24 from MR 23 seems to have 0 useful benefits at least with some cosmetic u would have some thing!

at the same time they should not and i repeat should not add some gear/weapon/something that makes too much a difference in higher mastery ranks that would a be a horrible idea just sth small but at the same time nice like cosmetics maybe give u the option to chose from different cosmetics same as login reward does for some gear.

23 minutes ago, Xikto said:

said it should have at the minimum some sort of benefit be it some nice cosmetics but the fact that u don't get anything really mention worthy is kinda underwhelming

Well, then don't bother. That's my point. MR is dreadful as a concept, so leaving it entirely optional would have been preferable, in my opinion. Leave it as a bragging rights reward for people who like to collect stuff, don't push people who don't like collecting stuff into it. Simple as that.

• Like 1

Is there a reason why they havent added more weapons requiring MR 15+?. Always been mystified by that as personally speaking getting to a higher mr allows me to use weapons i couldnt previously. Its more tangible reward imho that say larger void traces storage (though useful isnt obvious )

If DE made higher MR actually matter beyond gravy, all the lazy and entitled players would scream and cry so much (more than they already do) that DE would just revert the changes. See: when Arbitrations lost their whole permadeath gimmick and all of the slightly challenging Nightwave tasks were removed. 

Edited by (XB1)Erudite Prime

2 hours ago, NigglesAU said:

Is there a reason why they havent added more weapons requiring MR 15+?. Always been mystified by that as personally speaking getting to a higher mr allows me to use weapons i couldnt previously. Its more tangible reward imho that say larger void traces storage (though useful isnt obvious )

I feel like it's better to have fewer weapons that require high MR. Part of the fun of Warframe is being able to try out so many unique things, and locking them in higher MR ranks goes against that. Personally, I don't think any weapon should require anything beyond MR12.