Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It's time Forma was Reviewed

Drasiel

41 minutes ago, taiiat said:

the bare minimum i've been asking for for... countless years has been straight linear adjustments on Crafting. if i want to build 100 Forma, it'll take 100 days to Craft. at the very least the reduces the amount of clicky clicky.
or preferably i'd just up and prefer having a like 10x Forma thing we can Craft (not a separate item we get, something we procure out of Forma Blueprints), and takes 5 days to Crat.

and then yeah Forma acquirable in Gameplay but neither as jokememe levels of low Chances and also please not used as a Weapon to dilute Mission Rewards, preferably as something in addition to.

<snip>

I could definitely see both ideas being acceptable. It would at the very least eliminate the sudden loss of 12-24 hours when sleep/work don't line up with your daily building schedule.

For acquisition I was thinking stuff like syndicates, nightwave, arbitration store. Plague star can be good but it only shows up like twice a year. even a weekly or biweekly clem/maroo/Gift from the lotus style thing would help break up forma runs a bit.

16 minutes ago, Drasiel said:

It would at the very least eliminate the sudden loss of 12-24 hours when sleep/work don't line up with your daily building schedule.

For acquisition I was thinking stuff like syndicates, nightwave, arbitration store. Plague star can be good but it only shows up like twice a year. even a weekly or biweekly clem/maroo/Gift from the lotus style thing would help break up forma runs a bit.

the game could also help in that regard by Rushing the Foundry being actually friendly instead of only theoretically friendly - 5% too early to cycle a build? why does the game not recognize this and let you spend a couple Plat to rush that last sliver.... minimum half Cost is lame, but i'm not asking for it to keep the linear trend down to 1% of the normal Plat cost or anything, could just be <=10% Craft time left, drop Rush cost to 5-10% of normal.

i guess buying stuff from shops is usable, but i really hate games revolving around those systems. it just doesn't feel fun to me to grind some renamed type of Credits to then go to a menu to get the stuff i want. when i acquire the thing i want then, i'm not actually playing the game and that's just always felt dumb to me.

1 hour ago, taiiat said:

isn't that just then saying that the game admits that "some stuff is supposed to be Mastery trash"? :think: 

Not really no. you are just wasting forma to forma every weapon. You arent gonna use every single weapon. Like your gonna have a weapon you use alot more than a weapon you rarely use. the one you used once no point to forma it 

21 minutes ago, ResidentOrb21 said:

Not really no. you are just wasting forma to forma every weapon. You arent gonna use every single weapon. Like your gonna have a weapon you use alot more than a weapon you rarely use. the one you used once no point to forma it 

"The one you used once no point to forma it." Like all the mastery fodder that requires a forma to craft. Or Lich weapons.

2 hours ago, ResidentOrb21 said:

Not really no.

you are just wasting forma to forma every weapon. You arent gonna use every single weapon. Like your gonna have a weapon you use alot more than a weapon you rarely use. the one you used once no point to forma it 

you say no, but then you immediately say yes. you say that "you're not supposed to use most of the Weapons, only a few".

surely, you jest. a Video Game where the primary 'goal' is just to collect stuff and then put it on a shelf. this is a game where you are supposed to use a fraction of everything in the game?

I think the issue is less with the amount of forma needed, though it is an issue, but more with the repetitive experience that is dropping forma after forma into things and needing to grind all the way back to 30 every time. That part of the system is a major cause of burnout because exp in the majority of the games nodes is very lacking so you just end up farming a couple places endlessly

There's also the issue of spending forma to get weapons that don't have polarities for whatever reason. Looking at you Komorex and Cyanex.

It makes little logical sense to have to spend forma to get a weapon and not have a single polarity attached to it.

Edited by Reppuzan
  • Like 1

On 2020-01-04 at 3:21 PM, Reppuzan said:

There's also the issue of spending forma to get weapons that don't have polarities for whatever reason. Looking at you Komorex and Cyanex.

It makes little logical sense to have to spend forma to get a weapon and not have a single polarity attached to it.

yeah that has always bugged me, you'd think they would at least come with a V polarity for the base damage mods

I mean the numbers are lower, but at the same time it doens't diminish how many forma you 'need'.

I'm not gonna 6 forma the karak, karak wraith and kuva karak unless I liked the weapon before the wraith before the kuva.  That being said, if I played that whole time and made forma on a nearly daily basis I wouldn't really be limited by forma on new releases.

But the problem is that whenever I look at building forma today I reaaaaaaly can't take the time to pop open relics for it.  Back in the day you got forma because you were trying to maximize the loot per key in the void.  Now I got too many relics to deal with and anytime I see a forma I usually don't go for it cause there is a shiny 45 ducat or more item in the list.  Either that or when I really want forma I can go 2-3 reward cycles/missions before I see one.

If I could straight up trade relics for forma BP's or guarentee a forma BP from a relic I probably would.

On 2020-01-02 at 12:56 AM, Drasiel said:

Since forma was introduced in update 8 (May 23rd 2013) 7 years ago the method for obtaining forma and the time for building it have remained the same while the need for forma has ballooned exponentially.

Just this year alone we have had the added forma costs of:

• 65 forma to master 13 lich weapons
  • 1 forma per weapon for weapon exilus and often an additional forma to fix the native polarity

and we already have the burden of the following:

• 41 forma to build every room in the dojo once
  • 69 (nice) forma for weapons
  • 5 forma to master the paracesis
  • 4 forma per aura forma
  • 1 forma for djin
  • 2 forma per exilus adapter
  • 1 forma per greater lens

Then there is the forma for completing weapons and warframe builds on top of that. Not everyone is going to build or forma everything but we now have:

• 70 warframes
  • 388 weapons
  • 24 companions
  • 17 sentinel weapons
  • 5 archwings
  • 19 archweapons
  • 23 modular weapons
  • 7 kdrive/moa

Forma needs more locations where it can be found, drastically reduced craft times or both. The game has gotten bigger with more and more items and forma sinks. It's time forma was given a good hard look.

I brought up how terrible and restricting the entire Forma system is, and that it's exacerbated by the exact thing you're talking about and I got literally nothing but [DE]fender shills yelling at me about "muh small indie dev needs money just buy it" and "it's totally fine as is because DE said so"

The forum community is quite often the exact opposite of the pretend "Super friendly and helpful" community that people seem to think this game has.  Criticize the Devs or their decisions in the slightest and here comes the DE can do no wrong brigade with the super dismissive condescension and laugh reacts.

some heated debate here...

all i know is that whenever plague star is active, everyone jumps in at the opportunity to get built forma easily, so i agree with OP to an extent.

im just expecting either of these three things to happen.

• the build time is reduced.
  • Axi relics have a chance to drop a blueprint that builds up to three forma instead of just one.
  • generally just more convenient forma blueprint rewards.
  • Like 1

Hi I started playing September 2017 so 28 months ago and I have almost caught up with the available content. Only item I am missing is the Brakk bp then I would have all possible MR points available except for maxed intrinsics. I am not exactly a veteran but not a newbie either. So I am kind of in between.

To the topic of Forma. I really don‘t exactly know what it looks like, because on my Liset it has a very volatile and sticky nature... one minute it is finished in the foundry ... the next moment it has attached itself to an item I wanted to forma anyway. It never sticks around.

And I probably spent a couple of thousands of Platinum during those 28 months on the pretty 35p Forma triplet pack already. So I can pride myself with keeping the game alive.

If I need Forma, which I mostly do every day, I actively need to go hunting on fissure missions and crack some relics with the sturdy mindset, to withstand and neglect all the 45 Ducat seduction drops in favor of my Forma addiction and to satisfy my needs with volatile substances aboard the Liset.

Of course this game takes time. Warframe has advanced over the course of what 7 years now? And I like the time gated options, and I do not need to have it all at once... I like that for me for the most time there was always something to chase, something to achieve, something to wait for.

But I sure as hell could need a shorter build time on Forma, building 2 Forma in a day would help immensly instead of one. 

2 hours ago, (XB1)TehChubbyDugan said:

I brought up how terrible and restricting the entire Forma system is, and that it's exacerbated by the exact thing you're talking about and I got literally nothing but [DE]fender shills yelling at me about "muh small indie dev needs money just buy it" and "it's totally fine as is because DE said so"

The forum community is quite often the exact opposite of the pretend "Super friendly and helpful" community that people seem to think this game has.  Criticize the Devs or their decisions in the slightest and here comes the DE can do no wrong brigade with the super dismissive condescension and laugh reacts.

Digital Extremes are no small indie company anymore. Since 2016 DE are entirely owned by Leyou a Hong Kong based company that in 2018 made 227 million dollars on free to play games and on agicultural products and poultry. Seriously! Chickens! lol

DE is granted full creative control over WF as far as I know. So it is no longer this renegade band of rebel crusaders stuggeling to survive in the tough world of megacorporations against all odds by creating and maintaining a brilliant beta classified free to play game that needs the player support else it shuts down the servers and the devs have nothing to eat. They are all employed and receive fixed salaries every month, all is set. All is safe. And that is very good for everyone including us players.

If people are defending the Forma sales as a main source of income, it is because they are passionate about Warframe. And they like to have the impression that their petty dollar matters and pays Rebeccas or Megans bills every month. It is a pleasant illusion. Is it not?

Chubby Dugan I support your plea for more Forma! I like Forma! I like more Forma. I never have any piling up. See post above. ^^^