Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should we be able to name our Operator?

-Krism-

Just now, Cicasajt said:

dude. u dont get it. 

if your real name is Bob Smith then your operator is called Bob Smith. thats it. its already in the game. you=your operator, therefore your realy life name=your operator's name

Well actually your in game name is the operator name, but i see where are you going

Just now, Cicasajt said:

dude. u dont get it. 

if your real name is Bob Smith then your operator is called Bob Smith. thats it. its already in the game. you=your operator, therefore your realy life name=your operator's name

8 minutes ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

I'm not gonna repeat myself here, I already answered this

2 minutes ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

You didn't get what I said, I wasn't talking about that

You want a separate name for your operator like we name a Zaw, but it doesnt make sense because the operator already have a name...
if you want a "real" name just change yours with plat, if you dont want to use plat then it's your problem 😐

Edited by Duskham
  • Like 1

Just now, Duskham said:

Well actually your in game name is the operator name, but i see where are you going

nah, your IGN is your "hero" name, and your warframe's name. like how Saitama is one punch man as a hero, Bob Smith the operator is xXredscarfXx as a hero/warframe

20 minutes ago, Zelmen said:

for plat because why would it be free.

Because allowing a name change isn't a "service" and has been shown to be easily done by other companies who allow as many name changes as you want free from monetisation.

That's "why" it should be free. Not saying that it's ever actually going to be that way, of course.

8 minutes ago, Cubewano said:

Your profile name is your in-game name, you can see in numerous enemy dialogue interactions.

They get that, they're asking for a change (in GD) because no parent actually names their child "Xenox_ilz-ot"...

Well, no parent yet.

Edited by DeMonkey

Just now, DeMonkey said:

They get that, they're asking for a change (in GD) because no parent actually names their child "Xenoz_ilz-ot"...

Well, no parent yet.

They named their character that, it was their full choice. Our profile names aren't chosen for us. 

Just now, Duskham said:

You want a separate name for your operator like we name a Zaw, but it doesnt make sense because the operator already have a name...

& why? You suspected me to take a normal name before Operators were even introduced & then tell me: "btw, that's you now deal with it"

No, when Operators were introduced, I expected a "name" option somewhere

1 minute ago, DeMonkey said:

Because allowing a name change isn't a "service" and has been shown to be easily done by other companies who allow as many name changes as you want free from monetisation.

That's "why" it should be free. Not saying that it's ever actually going to be that way, of course.

They get that, they're asking for a change (in GD) because no parent actually names their child "Xenoz_ilz-ot"...

Well, no parent yet.

Making it free is dumb, because people could impersonate others or use it to scam and bad things... so nope.

Just now, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

& why? You suspected me to take a normal name before Operators were even introduced & then tell me: "btw, that's you now deal with it"

No, when Operators were introduced, I expected a "name" option somewhere

Uh, no? your in game name is CLEARLY the name of your character regardless if it has a known face or not, so that's your operator name, it was your fault, deal with it.

Just now, Duskham said:

Uh, no? your in game name is CLEARLY the name of your character regardless if it has a known face or not, so that's your operator name, it was your fault, deal with it.

Still no, I'd like my account name to stay as it is, because it's my account, & my Operator name to have a human name, because they're basically human

• Like 2

1 minute ago, xBloodySin said:

As long as it's locked behind a long, 0.01% chance, RNG-based grind to "unveil your true name," I'm fine with them wasting their time and resources with something this pointless.

well, that would be a cool idea for Duviri or something xD not with that much RNG but if they give a relevance to using a alternative name like "revealing your true self" (adult operator?) then it would have a meaning and maybe a cool lore behind, anything aside this is dumb

1 minute ago, Cubewano said:

Yeah...that's my point. 

Are you being deliberately disingenuous?

They named their account that. They'd like to name their character something else more befitting.

4 minutes ago, Duskham said:

Making it free is dumb, because people could impersonate others or use it to scam and bad things... so nope.

"Bad things might happen"

Top argument.

• Like 2

Just now, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

Still no, I'd like my account name to stay as it is, because it's my account, & my Operator name to have a human name, because they're basically human

It's not your account, it is your in game name, so your character name... that is a tenno (and well, everything can be a "human" name, Ballas, Konzu, Ligma and mine operator is called Duskam)

Just now, Duskham said:

anything aside this is dumb

Why is it? When Ordis talks, the name "Ordis" is written in blue on the little communication screen, having my Operator with an Eldritch name (that's what my profile name is btw) isn't very immersive :/

Just now, Duskham said:

It's not your account, it is your in game name, so your character name... that is a tenno (and well, everything can be a "human" name, Ballas, Konzu, Ligma and mine operator is called Duskam)

It's your account name. If you use Steam, it takes your Steam account name. If you create an account otherwise, you pick a login. At no point you are asked "Name your Character."

1 minute ago, DeMonkey said:

They named their account that. They'd like to name their character something else more befitting.

"Bad things might happen"

Top argument.

Well, but it IS?? in games that they allow you change your name for free all the time your normally has a second form of identification like "DeMonkey Secondnickhere" (and you can only change the first one) or "DeMonkey#12345", and this is done literraly to prevent harmful thing between players interaction involving the names, you can always identify someone regardless when you meet them

It is silly when bosses call you xxDirty_mUnkyxx or whatever silly gamer tag you might have. The operator is no more or less silly, because they're your avatar and the character who is named the thing that the bosses are referring to you as. Your operator is named the thing that everyone has been calling you in the game so far, because your character had a name and reputation before they found out they were a teenager in a tube. So if there's an issue, it has nothing really to do with operators.

Whether your gamer tag is a separate thing from the character you're playing as (and have been the whole time) is a different question. I've accidentally evaded the whole problem by using the same account name everywhere and having the thing I like people to call me in it, and the further happy accident that it's generic enough not to sound silly in the context of a futuristic game where names like "Amanda" and "Steven" don't exist. So it's not a problem I have, but I can understand it, because Bob_Smith and -DarkUndrLowrd- both seem a bit immersion breaking for future space fantasy. 

• Like 1

vor 25 Minuten schrieb Xenox_Ilz-ot:

No, that's my profile name

Well, the profile name is your first impression when it comes player interaction, similar to your face being the first impression in a real life meeting..

So if you choose a nonsensical , silly and/or childish profile name, this reflects on you, just as if you have dirty teeth or an otherwise very unkempt appearence.

Just now, xBloodySin said:

It's your account name. If you use Steam, it takes your Steam account name. If you create an account otherwise, you pick a login. At no point you are asked "Name your Character."

I had this example in mind too, so thanks for saying it :p

2 minutes ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

Yes, because it's clear from the very start you are playing as someone, finding out its a child is a minute detail. You are a being of sentience from minute one of the game with your own individual existence and that is not hidden. 

1 minute ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

Why is it? When Ordis talks, the name "Ordis" is written in blue on the little communication screen, having my Operator with an Eldritch name (that's what my profile name is btw) isn't very immersive 😕

So choose a immersive name for you? and well, tennos are literally void demons so it should be fitting lol

4 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

No, I think you've just lost what I said. 

I commented on name changing and that it is an option.