Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should we be able to name our Operator?

-Krism-

1 minute ago, Cubewano said:

Yes, because it's clear from the very start you are playing as someone, finding out its a child is a minute detail. You are a being of sentience from minute one of the game with your own individual existence and that is not hidden. 

I was 15 at the time, I didn't think much when I named myself in 2013

3 minutes ago, xBloodySin said:

It's your account name. If you use Steam, it takes your Steam account name. If you create an account otherwise, you pick a login. At no point you are asked "Name your Character."

Nope, i use Steam and my ingame is different from the Steam name 😕 unless they changed something, i think you are wrong

1 minute ago, Duskham said:

Well, but it IS?? in games that they allow you change your name for free all the time your normally has a second form of identification like "DeMonkey Secondnickhere" (and you can only change the first one) or "DeMonkey#12345", and this is done literraly to prevent harmful thing between players interaction involving the names, you can always identify someone regardless when you meet them

So what you're saying is, the solution to the problem you're citing already exists? 

Marvellous. Not much of a problem then, is it?

1 minute ago, Cubewano said:

No, I think you've just lost what I said. 

I commented on name changing and that it is an option. 

No, I think you're deliberately pretending to not understand.

It doesn't matter how things are now, OP's asking about a hypothetical change.

Just now, Duskham said:

Nope, i use Steam and my ingame is different from the Steam name 😕 unless they changed something, i think you are wrong

That was just an example as to how (I think) it should be in warframe, your account name & an actual name that you choose for people to call you by

Just now, nslay said:

In implementation, Operators are weapons used by the Warframe to subdue enemies. So yes, we should be able to name them like we can name weapons.

But it is the lore that counts, and in lore the WARFRAMES are the weapons that the operators use, so if anything we should be able to rename ours frames (well, but they already have cool names so i hope not)

3 minutes ago, Cubewano said:

Yes, because it's clear from the very start you are playing as someone, finding out its a child is a minute detail.

So you predicted the contents of the second dream before you installed warframe? Nice!

Just now, DeMonkey said:

So what you're saying is, the solution to the problem you're citing already exists? 

Marvellous. Not much of a problem then, is it?

It exists but is really bad in our game, i'm just discussing why it is a bad idea and hope they never implement it without a lore reason 😄 that's all.

1 minute ago, DeMonkey said:

I'm not, you're just not making much sense. 

What do you think the op is asking that hasn't been addressed? 

3 minutes ago, nslay said:

In implementation, Operators are weapons used by the Warframe to subdue enemies. So yes, we should be able to name them like we can name weapons.

Actually, its the other way around.

We should be able to name our warfames instead

Just now, Duskham said:

It exists but is really bad in our game, i'm just discussing why it is a bad idea and hope they never implement it without a lore reason 😄 that's all.

Is your name in real life Duskham? Same thing here

2 minutes ago, Aadi880 said:

So you predicted the contents of the second dream before you installed warframe? Nice!

nobody has to predict anything to know that your ingame name is your character name, even it doesnt has a known face... it's not our fault or the game fault they name they themselves "Pooplooser69"

Just now, Duskham said:

nobody has to predict anything to know that your ingame name is your character name

You weren't playing a character at the time, but multiple of them, so yes, my name was fitting at the time, but not anymore with this system

Just now, Duskham said:

Nope, but in real life i didnt choose my own name... so....? (well, maybe i can spend time and money to change it :P)

Yes you can, but that doesn't change that it's not your real name, why should this game be different?

2 minutes ago, Cubewano said:

I'm not, you're just not making much sense. 

What do you think the op is asking that hasn't been addressed? 

Well, the entire question in the title for one.

The thread is simple. Imagine a world in which your account and character name are unbound, like in many other games and platforms, and then answer the question "do you want this?"

We don't need to be told how things work now, we dont need to talk about changing your account name. Not really the topic.

Just now, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

You weren't playing a character at the time, but multiple of them, so yes, my name was fitting at the time, but not anymore with this system

It was always the same character that used multiples suits... we just didnt known they were child that used transference to control them

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Duskham said:

nobody has to predict anything to know that your ingame name is your character name, even it doesnt has a known face... it's not our fault or the game fault they name they themselves "Pooplooser69"

Just now, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

What if the game wants to refer to you and not to the operator?

fourth wall S#&$, but not out of the question 😄

Just now, DeMonkey said:

The thread is simple. Imagine a world in which your account and character name are unbound, like in many other games and platforms, and then answer the question "do you want this?"

We don't need to be told how things work now, we dont need to talk about changing your account name. Not really the topic.

The title is should we be able to name our operator, my response was that we already can. What did I miss? 

Just now, DeMonkey said:

Exactly, & so far, I didn't really see anyone who answered me