Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A simple fix for the Hema Problem

20 hours ago, Elenortirie said:

The way I understood your suggestion is that you want to override resource drop tables of the planet, by the mob faction drop tables.

Ceres specifically is not an issue in here because it's grineer planet - no nullies involved.

The problem would arise in - for example neural sensors farm on DS defences of jupiter - You'd override the jupiter drop table in there removing neural sensors from there.

That is assuming I understood Your suggestion right.

Now if You didn't mean overriding but adding ontop of it.... well it would still hamper DS farming by a virtue of polluting the drop tables....

I'm not sure if this is pointed at me or at overal trends in the thread, but I will use it to clarify:

I am in no way defending DE on Hema affair, what they did is imo bullS#&$ in there and their post-S#&$storm handling of the situation is also S#&$. I am merely pointing out an issue You seemingly forgot to take into account, in Your specific idea on how to address the problem.

As I understand it, and as the wiki sort of implies by the way it has drop tables laid out, and the way that it appears that it works in-game, is that enemies drop from a personal drop table (yay, another fast-hands.  I'm so glad that drops at a level where you probably have 90 fast hands you've forgotten to endo.) and they drop from the planet resource table.  I don't think it would really dilute anything if they could drop faction materials from their personal table.

Even if I'm wrong (which I very well may be.) we're talking about adding an uncommon resource to the personal drop table of the enemy.  It's not going to dilute anything much more than you're 9 millionth chunk of salvage or another Vitality mod drop.

• Like 1

vor 13 Stunden schrieb (XB1)Lucas Jameson:

But the true story is, in fact, far more terrifying: DE intentionally made it that expensive as an experiment. Of course, that experiment fell flat

More terrifying is that you find enough players that defend this experiment. It is propably the same players who in the past defended no vacuum because "real men pick up their resources by hand". 

• Like 3

On 2020-01-09 at 10:57 AM, SordidDreams said:

1KzWTnL.jpg

Funny how they have no such qualms when it comes to swinging the nerfhammer...

I like your pic.

The "respect" thing, if used in wrong circumstances, is like telling young generation to eat poop because older generation did it.

I farmed a lot in PoE to craft things from the Quills but I am pretty glad when DE removed the crafting progress, even better in a grindy game. Degrindification hope for future contents.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, (XB1)TehChubbyDugan said:

No, my problem is with you coming in with your #*!%ing dismissive, holier than thou attitude and your "Better get back to farming now boy" BS, and the fact that I recognize your name and I'm pretty sure you've done this more than once in a thread I've created or commented in.  

I'm not asking for special treatment for me.  I'm asking that they take a look at the goddamn numbers and own up to the fact that there is a very obvious number imbalance.  Obvious, at least, to anyone that doesn't need to take their shoes off to count.  I'm asking for a change (that makes logical sense and meshes with game theme/lore) in where a single resource drops so that farming for the resource can be done literally anywhere other than just the Derelict and can be done while you are doing literally anything other than JUST farming the resource.  

I always wondered where the people complaining about "You can't make it any better, it has to suck for everyone that comes after me too." were, and here you #*!%ing are.

Oh look more 'attitude' because someone disagrees with you....there was nothing holier than though about saying what I did, it was all facts and well clearly you don't like facts and numbers... oh wait you do according to your post above.  Oh and whoppie do, you recognise my name because I may have commented in one of your threads or replied to you before.... I've only got 7,500 posts on this forum, so it's pretty obvious I will have commented in LOTS of different threads, so just because I may hae replied to you (honestly I can't remember replying to you anywhere outside of this thread) it doesn't make you special, it just means I replied in the thread.

It's also ironic how you say I'm being holier than thou yet I'm not the one asking for special treatment to get the grind for the hema reduced.....that is insulting to those of us who have farmed for it, especially seeing as DE have already increased the drop rate for mutagen samples once already AND have already stated they will not be changing the numbers..... it's not our fault you're not prepared to put a relatively small amount of time into farming...

Seriously in the time you've wasted with this thread you could have farmed loads of mutagen samples by now, especially if you were working with other clan members to speed things up...

Edited by LSG501

3 hours ago, k05h said:

More terrifying is that you find enough players that defend this experiment. It is propably the same players who in the past defended no vacuum because "real men pick up their resources by hand". 

I'm all for trying new things, but when experiments fail shouldn't the end result be to revert the subject (in this case the hema's 5k samples) to a conventionally reasonable level?

I know a lot of people have put their hands in this pot, but my clan's hema grind was basically me and one other. If they change this, I won't feel upset or disrespected or anything. I'd be proud to have gone through the experiment, to have suffered through the grind... and thankful no-one else would have to

2 hours ago, LSG501 said:

relatively small amount of time into farming

At 5 samples a minute, which is a better number than anyone with any of their "Just do this" bullS#&$ can put up, it's a 16 hour farm for one person for one resource to research one weapon.

Oh look more 'attitude' because someone disagrees with you

No, it's because you're incredibly annoying.  If you don't understand how "You best go start farming"  (which are your exact words to me.) is incredibly dismissive and condescending then I honestly feel sorry for the people in your life.  But you do understand that you're talking down to me, you just don't think there's anything wrong with it.

that is insulting to those of us who have farmed for it

And there it is.  You're the one asking for special treatment.  "But DE, WE had to do it, make them do it too!  waaaaah"  People like you are the reason things stay broken.  Shouldn't you be tweeting Steve, making sure that universal medallions can't be used for conclave standing?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, (XB1)TehChubbyDugan said:

At 5 samples a minute, which is a better number than anyone with any of their "Just do this" bullS#&$ can put up, it's a 16 hour farm for one person for one resource to research one weapon.

No, it's because you're incredibly annoying.  If you don't understand how "You best go start farming"  (which are your exact words to me.) is incredibly dismissive and condescending then I honestly feel sorry for the people in your life.  But you do understand that you're talking down to me, you just don't think there's anything wrong with it.

LOL... I'm the one asking for special treatment....how can I be asking for special treatment when I want equality between all players who want the hema.....

You think I'm annoying because I'm not agreeing with you... that's not my problem.

The hema was released over 3 years ago, if you've not managed to farm the resources in that time then you shouldn't be in a solo clan, if you're in a clan with others and you haven't managed to get it then there's an issue with the clan you're in... seriously this isn't down to the resources, it's the fact you don't want to put the time into get it.

38 minutes ago, (XB1)TehChubbyDugan said:

And there it is.  You're the one asking for special treatment.  "But DE, WE had to do it, make them do it too!  waaaaah"  People like you are the reason things stay broken.  Shouldn't you be tweeting Steve, making sure that universal medallions can't be used for conclave standing?

I can easily reply to you in such an immature way but I don't need to lower myself to that level...hell I thought your earlier posts were immature, this is even lower.  This is literally a baby throwing their dummy out of a pram because they're not getting their own way....

It's clearly not broken, when other clans have managed to do it.... and PMSL if you think I'm tweeting steve over the medallions, you clearly haven't seen my posts on that topic, let alone conclave....but I thought I was famous, you recognised my name....

1 minute ago, LSG501 said:

LOL... I'm the one asking for special treatment....how can I be asking for special treatment when I want equality between all players who want the hema.....

Asking that something not be fixed because you had to suffer through it already IS asking for special treatment.  You don't give a S#&$ about "equality" you just want everyone else to have to go through the same S#&$ that you honestly probably never had to do.

3 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

You think I'm annoying because I'm not agreeing with you... that's not my problem.

I don't know how to say this so that you'll understand it.  It's not that you are disagreeing with me, it's the way you're saying it.  There is a massive difference between "They won't change anything about it, don't waste your time complaining, you're just going to have to suffer through it."  and "Stop wasting everyone's time making pointless suggestions.  If you want it, you best get back to farming, boy."

8 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

if you've not managed to farm the resources in that time then you shouldn't be in a solo clan, if you're in a clan with others and you haven't managed to get it then there's an issue with the clan you're in

I have the Hema from being in another clan.  I started a clan to A) have a dojo layout that actually made sense. B.) have a place where friends who don't play often can have a clan and not get kicked.  C) Guide newer players through the game.  I've got a handful of friends that don't play often and a bunch of newer players that are still learning.  They help where they can and help mostly with pigments but it's not reasonable to expect them to have meta farm set ups.  I have zero issues doing most of the research for a ghost clan by myself with one obvious exception.  I have researched literally EVERYTHING in EVERY lab but pigments and the Hema off of stockpiled resources alone.  I'm only 35% of the way on Hema AFTER dumping what I had stockpiled in WITH hours of dedicated farming.  If you can't grasp how that's a massive imbalance in resource acquisition and research costs then I need to find the "ignore user" button if this forum has one because there's nothing here left to talk about.  

18 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

It's clearly not broken, when other clans have managed to do it

That proves literally nothing other than some people are willing subject themselves to a bunch of bullS#&$.

• Like 3

On 2020-01-09 at 4:08 AM, 844448 said:

Ever crossed your mind to loot those crates and lockers? I got most of my mutagen from there and I finished hema most if not all of the mutagen by myself just from strolling with nezha looting the place solo

unless you took a couple years for it, theres no way in hell this is a reliable way to get mutagen. and given your track record in this forum, im very much inclined to not buy this.

1 hour ago, (XB1)TehChubbyDugan said:

Asking that something not be fixed because you had to suffer through it already IS asking for special treatment.  You don't give a S#&$ about "equality" you just want everyone else to have to go through the same S#&$ that you honestly probably never had to do

I don't know how to say this so that you'll understand it.  It's not that you are disagreeing with me, it's the way you're saying it.  There is a massive difference between "They won't change anything about it, don't waste your time complaining, you're just going to have to suffer through it."  and "Stop wasting everyone's time making pointless suggestions.  If you want it, you best get back to farming, boy."

I have the Hema from being in another clan.  I started a clan to A) have a dojo layout that actually made sense. B.) have a place where friends who don't play often can have a clan and not get kicked.  C) Guide newer players through the game.  I've got a handful of friends that don't play often and a bunch of newer players that are still learning.  They help where they can and help mostly with pigments but it's not reasonable to expect them to have meta farm set ups.  I have zero issues doing most of the research for a ghost clan by myself with one obvious exception.  I have researched literally EVERYTHING in EVERY lab but pigments and the Hema off of stockpiled resources alone.  I'm only 35% of the way on Hema AFTER dumping what I had stockpiled in WITH hours of dedicated farming.  If you can't grasp how that's a massive imbalance in resource acquisition and research costs then I need to find the "ignore user" button if this forum has one because there's nothing here left to talk about. 

I haven't said anything wrong, it's not my fault you're taking offence from the facts I've stated.... I'm also not the one ranting with blocked out swear words am I....

The simple facts that you seem to be incapable of understanding is DE have already increased the drop rates on the mutagen samples, they were doubled shortly after the hema release, and that they've already said they're not going to change it out of respect for those that have farmed it. 

1 hour ago, (XB1)TehChubbyDugan said:

So here's the real reason.... you're basically moaning because you decided to start your own clan and the rest of the clan isn't pulling their weight when it comes to farming....

You do realise you don't 'need' meta setups to farm resources, you just need 4 people with 'ok' setups, yes it's improved with a meta setup but just having 4 clan members in the squad means not only more enemies to drop the resources but also 4 people picking up the loot.  My clan has taken newbies farming and while they didn't have 'meta' setups they were able to collect the loot to help with the requirements, it's not just about the frames you take, it's about how many actually help and as I've said it's not our fault if you've got a clan unwilling to help. 

And no idea what you've been doing with dedicated farming if you're only at 35% with hours of dedicated farming... I'm at that (assuming just the base 5k needed) without any dedicated farming and I sure haven't spent hours in derelict....

25 minutes ago, Zeclem said:

unless you took a couple years for it, theres no way in hell this is a reliable way to get mutagen. and given your track record in this forum, im very much inclined to not buy this.

I went and tried it the way they were suggesting, just doing containers and not enemy drop farming.  It's a flat out joke.  I got, on average over a dozen runs, about 1 per minute spent in mission while using a booster.  I can get about 150 in 40 minutes with a booster doing a regular pilfering farm, which is 3-4 a minute.  People just like to come into other people's threads to be contrary for no reason, contributing nothing to the discussion other than a "deal with it."

I'd bet real money most of these people have never even actually had to farm for most of a clan's research, they just joined someone else's.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

And no idea what you've been doing with dedicated farming if you're only at 35% with hours of dedicated farming

Yeah, I'm not expecting you to be good at math at this point.  Here's how it works:  It takes 5,000 samples.  My best run with a full meta set up with both boosters and a very cooperative Smeeta was about 150 samples in 40 minutes.  I'd have to do runs to 150 samples about 33 times at 40 minutes a piece which is a 22 hour farm.  So yeah, I can spend hours farming and still be at 35% progress.  

I didn't really read most of what you wrote though, because I'm aware at this point that your entire argument is based on "It's not special for me anymore if you make it reasonable for everyone else" so I'm not overly concerned with anything you've got to say.  You wouldn't even be getting a reply if I could just stop being an idiot and locate the block button, but I can't find it, so here you go.

Edited by (XB1)TehChubbyDugan
spelling.
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, (XB1)TehChubbyDugan said:

Yeah, I'm not expecting you to be good at math at this point.  Here's how it works:  It takes 5,000 samples.  My best run with a full meta set up with both boosters and a very cooperative Smeeta was about 150 samples in 40 minutes.  I'd have to do runs to 150 samples about 33 times at 40 minutes a piece which is a 22 hour farm.  So yeah, I can spend hours farming and still be at 35% progress.  

I didn't really read most of what you wrote though, because I'm aware at this point that your entire argument is based on "It's not special for me anymore if you make it reasonable for everyone else" so I'm not overly concerned with anything you've got to say.  You wouldn't even be getting a reply if I could just stop being an idiot and locate the block button, but I can't find it, so here you go.

I did the maths... I'm sitting on just under 1800 of the required 5000.  I have done no meta farming or even been to the derelict to specifically farm mutagen samples.

You should have read the rest of my post, it might have actually made your life easier but clearly you just want to complain...

Oh I don't actually see the hema as special, hell I have a riven for it and still don't use it because I'm not keen on that style of weapon.  What I am keen on is equality when it comes to things in game.

And if you REALLY want to block me (would actually save me seeing your reply alerts) you just need to hover over my name on the left there and then you can see 'ignore user' at the bottom of the overlay... it's not exactly hard to find.

Edited by LSG501

5 hours ago, Zeclem said:

And I got most of my mutagen there from simply playing for some reason so I guess RNG was on my side

5 hours ago, (XB1)TehChubbyDugan said:

I'd bet real money most of these people have never even actually had to farm for most of a clan's research, they just joined someone else's.

Good thing you only bet for most of these people