Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack Abort Farming

Zekace

I was crew on 5 railjack missions today.  Four aborted, 3 at the end of searching the sentient outpost at the start of the mission.  I can only assume this represents abort farming, if the desired item is not found, the mission is aborted.  I must say I am really pissed off.  I put in the time and effort to help and loose everything.  Must be a way to prevent this behavior.  I have not experienced the same thing elsewhere in rialjack.

Zekace

• Like 1

It's a fricking pain in the ass, but people just don't care apparently. The other day i made a post about the same thing and the only answer i got from people that do that was "It's DE's fault for making the time so short and far apart! im a kid and unless they physically stop m, i'll be an ass to everyone" im mad about the topic, sorry if i missrepresent you and you do the whole abort farming

17 minutes ago, Anandil2 said:

"It's DE's fault for making the time so short and far apart!

To be fair, at the end of the day the situation is DE's fault because they set it up in the way that has been set up.... anyone being objective can see this and I'm not even bothering with farming it....

One they did the stupid time gating again even though we've complained about it no end, especially with eidolons on PoE which essentially has the same issue and on alerts which is fundamentally similar and got nightwave as a replacement....  Then they also make it so you need to find rare items within this time gated period and then they let you see what you actually got in the mission before you leave (they might have fixed some of it in the last patch though)....

You can't blame players for not wanting to waste their time when they have such a small window to access it in, it's even worse if that time window doesn't line up with when you can play too. 

• Like 4

This is just the same as the Acolyte Mods farm when Operation: Shadow Debt was launched. It's not surprising people farm this way and I am surprised this has not been a priority for DE to address as it's a toxic farming method when in pubs.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zekace said:

I was crew on 5 railjack missions today.  Four aborted, 3 at the end of searching the sentient outpost at the start of the mission.  I can only assume this represents abort farming, if the desired item is not found, the mission is aborted.  I must say I am really pissed off.  I put in the time and effort to help and loose everything.  Must be a way to prevent this behavior.  I have not experienced the same thing elsewhere in rialjack.

Zekace

DE will change it eventually, but for now, simply host your own game and recruit players, state roles and make the "sentient ship for last" statement and wait for confirmation from all players, if someone disagress, replace them, do this until you have 3 like minded players who make a claim and play in a way they actually prove said claims.

The chance of someone screwing you over is always present, but it will seriously cut down your problems, i for example, never had issues since the sentient ship has been available, that means that out of X missions that i have hosted, i have X missions completed (100% complete ratio) with mods, intrisics, mission rewards, shedu parts (for sale mainly since i bought the parts early on) and i have less fustration compared to some of my clanmates that just join because they aren't in the mood to recruit, but shortly after i have to listen to the horror stories and this happens constantly, upseting them to the point they don't repeat the mission and will instead quit for the day.

When a game becomes the opposite of fun and causes you problems, it's obvious players will leave.

If you see me in recruit chat, just message me and i'll host a game and yes, full mission, like the rest of the game, i don't host missions so they can fail or end up in aborts.

• Like 2

hace 1 hora, LSG501 dijo:

You can't blame players for not wanting to waste their time when they have such a small window to access it in, it's even worse if that time window doesn't line up with when you can play too. 

yeah i know it's DE's fault, what i meant was that just because it's the developers fault doesn't mean you have to be so... how to put it? selfish? maybe? you know what i mean, it's like how we don't kill people not because it's illegal but because we know it's not right and what it means for other people.

I know this is an excesive comparison but i think it kiiiiiiinda makes the point... and sorry, english, not my first language

Just now, Anandil2 said:

yeah i know it's DE's fault, what i meant was that just because it's the developers fault doesn't mean you have to be so... how to put it? selfish? maybe? you know what i mean, it's like how we don't kill people not because it's illegal but because we know it's not right and what it means for other people.

I know this is an excesive comparison but i think it kiiiiiiinda makes the point... and sorry, english, not my first language

People are being 'selfish' basically because they have no choice in the matter due to the way DE designed it to be as annoying as possible for players.  I'm sure players would see the whole mission out if it wasn't time gated in the way it is.

I mean, there is another choice, take your time. I've gone to the ship not too many times since the empyrean launch because it's a little boring and i don't care about the gun too much but  i have 3 parts of the shedu, not dying or anything for not having it

Point is, no need to turbo farm it? nothing is going to happen if you have it now or in a month, relaaaaaax and just remember the old days when you couldn't have a prime weapon because you need to go up in mr so you needed to get other stuff and it took time and all that 🙂 

I mean all of this in the most friendly way possible, it makes me mad to not be able to run the ship often because people abort all the time but all i can do is try to reason with them... also the gun was apparently mega bugged for like a month and still people just wanted it.

all those people salty about abort farming .... why the hell would anybody not use the most efficient way to get what they want as fast as possible?

that is what humans do. getting the thing is what tingles our serotonin glands. why would you deny yourself the pleasure of getting what you want in the shortest time possible? are you a beta masochist?

12 hours ago, KIREEK said:

DE will change it eventually, but for now, simply host your own game and recruit players, state roles and make the "sentient ship for last" statement and wait for confirmation from all players, if someone disagress, replace them, do this until you have 3 like minded players who make a claim and play in a way they actually prove said claims.

I doubt that you have to leave it for last. If people say that they're in to the end, I would hope that they would stand by it. 

Wait. Just saw the post above mine, defending the practice..... Never mind. I stand corrected. 

hace 1 hora, grindbert dijo:

that is what humans do. getting the thing is what tingles our serotonin glands. why would you deny yourself the pleasure of getting what you want in the shortest time possible? are you a beta masochist?

yeah yeah, selfish human and all that, we can think and reason and are driven by more than just desire and pleasure. That's why it's annoying when people do this in a game that favor cooperation and even more so in a gamemode specifically made for that, if anything, that's the idea behind it for the developers.

But again, not dismissing the part where it's DE's fault and bla bla bla

22 hours ago, Anandil2 said:

yeah yeah, selfish human and all that, we can think and reason and are driven by more than just desire and pleasure. That's why it's annoying when people do this in a game that favor cooperation and even more so in a gamemode specifically made for that, if anything, that's the idea behind it for the developers.

But again, not dismissing the part where it's DE's fault and bla bla bla

Players pretty much never conform to the intention of developers. Usually they try to find a loophole how to make them system work for them as best as possible. This is only natural in an environment like video games where problem solving is involved on a daily basis. This is just what people do and i think it's pointless to criticise this behaviour as it is as normal as it can be.

It's up to the developers to think about such things and adjust the game to prevent them instead of hoping that people will just be nice and not abuse whatever system they are given to their utmost profit.

i'm getting close to abort farming avionics. I do all my play solo anyway but the pathetic drop chances (esp. given console doesn't have the updates to that - and DE hasn't even decided if they are going to hotfix or cert some of these yet - per meghan's xbox stream yesterday), we are missing some ship spawns entirely, and the whole RJ is just exterminate with a few 2 minute side missions occasionally tossed in - i'm close to aborting to save myself the 2 minutes each run since I don't care about the rest of the trash or the mission "rewards"

I don't understand why anyone would abort farm the sentient ship in public though as having a squad generally significantly slows loading times - maybe not an issue on PC? And if they are doing it for specific drops, and don't care about the load time inefficiencies,  its an even worse idea to do public as others in the squad might have different objectives leading to host migrations causing lost items even if they DO get what they were looking for 😂

vor 21 Stunden schrieb (XB1)Tucker D Dawg:

i'm getting close to abort farming avionics. I do all my play solo anyway but the pathetic drop chances (esp. given console doesn't have the updates to that - and DE hasn't even decided if they are going to hotfix or cert some of these yet - per meghan's xbox stream yesterday), we are missing some ship spawns entirely, and the whole RJ is just exterminate with a few 2 minute side missions occasionally tossed in - i'm close to aborting to save myself the 2 minutes each run since I don't care about the rest of the trash or the mission "rewards"

I don't understand why anyone would abort farm the sentient ship in public though as having a squad generally significantly slows loading times - maybe not an issue on PC? And if they are doing it for specific drops, and don't care about the load time inefficiencies,  its an even worse idea to do public as others in the squad might have different objectives leading to host migrations causing lost items even if they DO get what they were looking for 😂

In its current state, playing RJ on console is a waste of time. Abysmal drop rates and the possibility to even miss a rare drop, because you simply can't find it anymore after the end of the battle... On the other hand, I will be forced to switch weaponry after the update, so I will need tons of Titanium again... Sheesh!!