Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MB Clique Ruining Market

1 hour ago, o0Despair0o said:

Here's a small pro-tip for you:

Don't suggest reasonable things on the forum.

People will REEEEEE at you like there's no tomorrow.

Believe me, I'm talking from experience here. Suggest some random BS that would most definitely ruin the game? +1

Suggest something that actually makes perfect sense? "Get outta here ya filthy casual."

God I hate people.

Nothing about DE involving themselves in the market “makes sense” or “is a good idea.”  It’s a terrible idea.  It’s easier to expect a player to have self control and not spend a huge amount of plat on a single item or to simply grind for their own riven.

Honestly complaining on market prices when most things sell for $.50 for an hour of work or more is a joke. Archgun riven takes what 2-3 hours to get $.50 in market find the best gun and $3. An extremely rare riven for a going meta gun. A extremely rare find and the grind and reroles you have to do on it Kuva you have to farm hours of work $15...... overpriced....   

I get it’s a game, but let’s be honest the market in this game favours the buyer wayyy over the seller.

This is silliest and dumbest rant I ever saw. As if anyone is preventing general players to farm kuva, roll and sell rivens.
In my pretty vast experience rivens were NEVER cheaper. Semlar's riven hunter has make hunting down good riven at peanuts price ridiculously easy. I have bought 4-5 good rivens in last week in prices ranging from 80 to 300, mostly, one was 700 but this was excellent rubico with MS CD and negative. 
This thing scans trade chat and extrapolates offers and data. 
Invest your time and knowledge lads, trade chat is a river and river always provide.

And yes there are few guys dealing in top tier rivens, they snatch them for few thousands and resell at double/triple price but those guys sell one riven per week or two maybe, I see them rolling same offer constantly. it's legitimate tactic, you need to have lots of knowledge and resources to pull it off. 

11 hours ago, --C--Nehra said:

lol, and here I had trouble selling good rolls of rivens for some not so meta weapons (by no means useless weapons) for even a measly 80 P. (PC trade chat ofc).

Dude I can't even sell an Amprex Riven on the PC market. Seriously, an Amprex Riven. You'd think a Riven for a weapon thats basically a Nuke Volt in gun form would sell lightning fast(pun absolutely intended), but nope.

• Like 2

Imagine that....

The entirely abusable RMT trading system is being abused. AGAIN. I'm sorry but unless the market was run by an independent firm, I don't trust it. Digital Extremes can simply adjust some sliders to psychologically encourage spending or hoarding. 

If they fix the drop tables and loot acquisition rates, we wouldn't even need the market. There's nothing remotely rewarding about buying your own loot.

The entire thing is rigged by the house. 

Edited by IIDMOII

I'm baffled people actually seem to enjoy text based trading; it's cancer. In fact text based anything sucks. When was the last time you were trying to do a super long clan arbitration or event without voice chat of some kind? We should have the Bazaar from FFXI or the Auction House from WoW - both of those are the best systems ever made for MMOs.

FFXI Bazaar - Players set items for sale at whatever price they choose in their bag. While adventureing players can interact with their "store" and purchase stuff.

WoW Auction House - The best Free Market system there is. Players put items for sale in their category for whatever they feel it should be. Players have the option to pick through listings in each category and buy said items. Historical data exists in game if no items in said category are listed for sale.

BDO Auction House - Worst thing ever. Players put items for sale at price range that game developer has predetermined. No one is asking for this.

Edited by Gashslapper

17 hours ago, (XB1)LA DU7CH MA5T3R said:

I shouldn't have to use a third party site for a function that the game already has.

you don't. the external data i mentioned was only brought up to let you see that some people ask for silly prices on all sorts of items.
but it doesn't matter what they ask for, what matters is what people actually buy it for.

just like how when you go to Craigslist or w/e, people can ask whatever number they want, but what really matters is what someone actually pays for it.

17 hours ago, (XB1)LA DU7CH MA5T3R said:

That's how most conversations go when dealing with these players. 

no it isn't.

18 hours ago, (XB1)LA DU7CH MA5T3R said:

If you haven't noticed lately that riven prices are ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS, then you haven't watched trader chat for longer than 5 seconds. And it all boils down to a group of players, dubbing themselves "riven mafia", spiking prices on the market to absurd prices and then shaming you for not having 15k plat to spend on a mediocre riven. Oh you wanted a riven that actually has relevant stats? Those start at 20k.

Now must of us know how ridiculous these prices sound. A smaller margin of people, sadly, dont. And of course there's newer players and those who have just never had the need to trade,  that are getting on trade chat for the first time and seeing these posts. Now they have it in their head that that is how rivens are supposed to be traded and if good rivens go for that much surely a bad riven could get me a couple hundred plat right? 

Welcome to the trade chat of today. 

Something needs to be done, there's no reason that a group of people should be able to ruin the market, constantly express how they "run" the market, dub themselves the "riven mafia", constantly shame other players yet nothing is done. I've had a friend quit playing because her felt bullied in chat and didn't want to deal with it. I've had conversations with countless players in game about the things this group of people have done and how they treat people. 

This isnt right. Something needs to be done. 

Lol did something change overnight during my vacation on Forza Horizon 4?

5 hours ago, Kerberos-3 said:

Dude I can't even sell an Amprex Riven on the PC market. Seriously, an Amprex Riven. You'd think a Riven for a weapon thats basically a Nuke Volt in gun form would sell lightning fast(pun absolutely intended), but nope.

Lol i got a amprex riven from sortie. What exactly are people asking for. Did anyone offer anything? Did you haggle at all?

Trade chat is for harpooning whales. Sniping as well to a lesser extent, it's random and time consuming to catch steals regularly unless you automate and monitor all regions etc.

Ignore function works fine. If someone isn't a whale, tries to haggle down or just low balls, then you can ignore them and never think about it again. It removes that person who is not your target demographic from the pool you want to deal with. Buyers should do the same if they don't want to ever be over paying on 5k plat items. It's actually counter productive to not ignore if you main trading.

Then there are market websites, which are competitive

19 minutes ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

Lol i got a amprex riven from sortie. What exactly are people asking for. Did anyone offer anything? Did you haggle at all?

Not even a single offer, and the Riven itself isn't bad either. The only downside on it is -fire rate, and even then at max rank the neg is so low that it is easily negated with Shred, which is a mod most weapons use anyways.

Edit: scratch that. I rolled the thing and got a way better roll, yet I still can't sell the bloody thing.

Edited by Kerberos-3

4 minutes ago, Kerberos-3 said:

Not even a single offer, and the Riven itself isn't bad either. The only downside on it is -fire rate, and even then at max rank the neg is so low that it is easily negated with Shred, which is a mod most weapons use anyways.

Edit: scratch that. I rolled the thing and got a way better roll, yet I still can't sell the bloody thing.

What was your asking price maybe it was too high?

1 minute ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

Maybe folks already got one i suppose. If i hadn't gotten one from sortie 50 plat is good in my book.

The current roll on mine is +toxin, +crit damage, and +damage to grineer. Not terribly great, but not a garbage roll by any means. Certainly better than the last roll....