Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe 2020, Looking Within or Seeking Without?

(PSN)Hallowed_Shrine

I think in 2020, [DE] May think about Looking Inward. 

Mostly due to the Ongoing PVP Conclave Issues, Lack of Clan/ Alliance Objectives, Missing Trials/ Raids -Common we all wanna see 6-8-10 Even 12 man squads! Frame Fighters that don’t feel like a classic fighters or a new ones, and the Updates to the Dojo and its Labs have been...Minuscule at Best. Lets not even talk about Dark Sectors? 

What ever happen to their dedication to that 'ear to the ground' attitude they started with. I'm really asking if they could Focus on Developing a little differently, and fixing what we already love? After all that's what we are best at. Growing slowly with strong roots?

I also really wish these guys had a service for: email/ phone/ chat, system set up for positive feedback and negative complaints tickets. I do customer service and looking to get an Sociology in Human Resource degree, for customer services. As one who plays this game I feel like this would give us more of that "community involvement" we're all looking for! This could give you the ability to see in-real-time what we're looking for and need from a game like this? Through this service. You could even offer guided, verbal, walk troughs, of specified aspects of the game, by our partners!

Seriously how about Expanding on the Orokin Derelict/ Void/ and the Kuva Fortress a bit, I do love those tiles? Can you create Actual Dojos for your Alliance, that are some how different, than the clans?!

The Open Worlds are the BEST, Rail-Jack will be the greatest, yet so could the rest of the game.

Note: I'm also starting to feel real hated on, lol. With this games serious lack of K9 Content vs. The outrageous amount of Feline. -The game is pretty much my second life, so I'm totally serious when I say, "I want More "Kubro" like Content"-... 

Really I'd like to see is what we have now, bring new folks in; the epic is there! Now bring the REST of the game to meet it?

Edited by (PS4)Hallowed_Shrine
Spelling
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, (PS4)Hallowed_Shrine said:

PVP Conclave Issues, Lack of Clan/ Alliance Objectives, Missing Trials/ Raids

All of this combines to not represent any sizable part of the player base.

It was never supposed to have PVP and when DE relented and put it in, it was abandoned by the players. Why put any more resources towards something that is not just unpopular, but almost entirely unwanted by the player sor the devs?

Hema was a bellwether. It revealed lots of dead clans with a handful of active players or clans mostly made up of unwilling participants.

Trials were played by a handful of the players. Why devote significant time and energy to get that kind of engagement?

18 minutes ago, (PS4)Hallowed_Shrine said:

I also really wish these guys had a service for: email/ phone/ chat, system set up for positive feedback and negative complaints tickets.

There will never be a real-time connection for this. There are the forums. There's twitter, reddit, etc. There's support for if there's an actual issue. 

19 minutes ago, (PS4)Hallowed_Shrine said:

You could even offer guided, verbal, walk troughs, of specified aspects of the game, by our partners!

Why aren't the partners making these things themselves?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, peterc3 said:

All of this combines to not represent any sizable part of the player base.

It was never supposed to have PVP and when DE relented and put it in, it was abandoned by the players. Why put any more resources towards something that is not just unpopular, but almost entirely unwanted by the player sor the devs?

Hema was a bellwether. It revealed lots of dead clans with a handful of active players or clans mostly made up of unwilling participants.

Trials were played by a handful of the players. Why devote significant time and energy to get that kind of engagement?

Why allow something to lay in waste for so long? It shows a lack of ambition, a lack of vision, a habit for not addressing the many problems that constitute Warframe's life cycle. It's okay for something to fail, but to never improve upon it is blatantly insulting. It's a disservice to the players that do want to see Conclave improved upon & have left countless suggestions on ways to do so. If they want to remove it, then just do it, stalling only gives people a false sense of hope.

The whole Hema situation is very reminiscent of the Universal Medallion issue. The fact that Medallions remain non-applicable to Conclave via the request of ONE individual is an oddity, gate-keeping at its finest. Hema, like Conclave in its current state, certainly isn't worth the questionable amount of effort for it. Time & time again, players have requested for an easing of the grind, but the classic, "If I suffered through it, you can too", excuse is overplayed in defense of such drab decisions. Hema, like Sibear, is mediocre. Conclave rewards, outside of cosmetics, remain useless in the main game. That amount of grind required is only justifiable for something like a Railjack, that at least has some sense of value despite all the issues currently plaguing the mode itself. Plenty of clans agree, the Hema grind isn't worth it, even for clans that do have it.

Trials were the original Tridolon, the original Empyrean, a mode that required team collaboration. Outside of these few opportunities, there really isn't anything else that incentivizes teamplay on a grand scale of 8 players. Warframe, being the MMO-lite that it is, has emulated many trends, trials being one of those. Despite the buggy nature of trials, they were overall enjoyable. DE themselves have even stated that they would eventually revisit trials once time allowed them to do so. It's something that players have wanted to come back for a while, and with the rumor of Railjacks playing a big role in trials, we eagerly await to see how they improve upon the framework.

It seems as though improving upon ingame mechanics is something you loath. Care to explain why that seems to be the case?

8 hours ago, (PS4)IndianChiefJeff said:

via the request of ONE individual

If you honestly believe it was the work of a single individual that made that happen, I have several bridges to sell you. You've bought into a meme, nothing more, and there is nothing that DE could do that would fix a problem that is entirely made up.

• Like 1

I do believe DE no longer has any vision of what they actually want.

They probably just have an approach to mitigate player attrition, while putting in the least amount of effort required.

I really do wish they stopped their minimum viable approach method and realise it's time to provide more.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, (PS4)Hallowed_Shrine said:

What ever happen to their dedication to that 'ear to the ground' attitude they started with.

10 years of backbiting from 20,000 people spamming splintered, salty, disjointed topics over and over.. usually to the tune of, "THING BAD." When good feedback starts to accumulate, someone else starts the same thread without reading the previous.. and each thread looks like the same ignored half baked garbage, with no actionable discoveries. Not this thread in particular. You're fine. Search the word, "resources," and you'll see just what I mean.

You could even offer guided, verbal, walk troughs, of specified aspects of the game, by our partners!

Our partners? Those hype youtubers who talk hyperbole about the demise of the company for clicks? Nonsense. We the players do that for each other. We had Guides Of The Lotus, until they spent more time abusing their power than helping.. same with most of the partners. The difference was that, perhaps Guide status was something to aim for before.. to give a glimmer of hope that being good to each other would get us noticed and accepted. Losing the guide status (while necessary) might play a role in why we feel neglected.

PVP Conclave

It's also a resource sink in a period of unsteady player attendance, smack dab between two new major updates, and two more on the way. As with Railjack, they're returning to form with a vision of making the Multiplayer Cooperative experience everything it's been intended to be for nearly a decade. Whereas conclave, being a tertiary side project that flopped, that they never wanted to do in the first place, cannot consume their development time. We asked them to, "whip us up a big complex feast," and when the table was set, we failed to show up, or snubbed it because, "we're full up already on another pvp game soooorrrrry..." I could say that, "K-drive isn't fully integrated, and I'm insulted," but they have way bigger fish to fry, and only so much time, money, and development power to do it with. I'd love to be able to say that conclave would be worth their time, if that weren't proven false by the people who wanted it most. The amount of trial and error, time, and dedication that it would take to make our PVP on par with expectations, might bankrupt them.. as the majority income and playerbase is PvE only. Not saying your concerns aren't valid. They are. There are some very good and sensible reasons why these parts of the game are in the shape they're in. Most of it is having to keep up with a 3 week update schedule, or else have to cut back on staff.. meaning slower updates.. rinse and repeat.

Though all that aside, OP, wanted to say thanks for your input, congrats on going into human resources. 😃 I wish you the absolute best of luck.
If you want to cut your teeth on how to handle surly people, videogame forums like this is Excellent practice.

Edited by kapn655321
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, (PS4)Hallowed_Shrine said:

Ongoing PVP Conclave Issues,

it wouldn't be an issue if they just accepted that Warframe's PvP kinda sucks and just axed conclave altogether. they don't care about their PvP players, else they would have at least thrown a new map out there at the very least. other games do PvP better.

13 hours ago, (PS4)Hallowed_Shrine said:

we all wanna see 6-8-10 Even 12 man squads! 

wait for Squad Link. I believe the return of Trials - if they'll still call them that - hinges almost entirely on whether or not Squad Link works well. if it does, then we'll see plenty opportunities for true Co-op missions, if not... well, then Raids will basically be gone forever.

14 hours ago, (PS4)Hallowed_Shrine said:

Updates to the Dojo and its Labs have been...Minuscule at Best

yep. instead of Clan Research, DE has started favouring throwing Blueprints and Parts for weapons behind the RNG wall. Pathocyst, Pennant, Quellor, Shedu.. I honestly prefer Clan research as it uses up surplus resources and you're at least guaranteed to have the weapon within ~4 days (accounting for Research time and foundry crafting time). I get they want us to play these new modes, but there are other ways of encouragement besides "you can't get the shiny new toy unless you play the new mode!"

Seriously how about Expanding on the Orokin Derelict/ Void/ and the Kuva Fortress a bit, I do love those tiles?

the Fortress isn't as bad as it used to be, now that we have Requiem Relics and such, and Kuva drops a lot more frequently when taking part in the Lich System, as it should. the Void though.. IMO that should have a similar setup, but instead of Kuva, you get Void traces (it's in the name after all). a Void survival mode where you can alter Life Support modules to extract Void Traces would be a good start.. some might say "not everyone needs Void traces". maybe not now, but you will when the next PA comes out, so while it may not seem like a major reward, it's still enough to get people playing in the Void again. and to prove that it does work.. the rewards would scale the longer you stay. I guarantee you'll see people staying longer on average in the Void than in the Kuva Fortress, and maybe, just maybe, DE would see this and make the same change for the Kuva Fortress.

"I want More "Kubro" like Content"-... 

I just want companions to get smarter AI and not be completely useless. I consigned all of my Kubrows yesterday because I remembered they exist, and I never use them because there's not much point; all they do, even with a half-decent build, is run to an enemy, and get shot down. run to an enemy, get shot down. RUN TO AN ENEMY, AND GUESS WHAT? THEY GET SHOT DOWN! we need pets 2.0 before we can even think about more pet-based systems. personally I'd have delayed Vasca Kavat until this rework too.

this year will likely be mostly Railjack-focused, so I doubt we'll see too many changes to the main game. I just hope the ones they make will be total overhauls of things that need it, as stated above.

14 hours ago, peterc3 said:

The only reason that conclave was not removed yet (while trials were and have more activity) is because conclave is the "part of original vision of the game"

so the part I took liberty of quoting is factually incorrect, as if it was correct we would not get conclave 2.0 (nor lunaro and S#&$) and DE would just do to it what they did to trials.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

You Monster !

they're better off with whoever is looking after them on Lotus' behalf instead of me. they would've spent eternity in Stasis otherwise.

I have like a thousand Eggs now so when a companion rework happens I'll just incubate a new one.

or maybe I'll just make an Omelette! :devil: 

10 hours ago, peterc3 said:

If you honestly believe it was the work of a single individual that made that happen, I have several bridges to sell you. You've bought into a meme, nothing more, and there is nothing that DE could do that would fix a problem that is entirely made up.

Be it one individual or very few rabid loyalists, the fact of the matter is that Conclave content has been allowed to rot & gate-keeping has been maintained to the detriment of almost everyone else. If the problem was entirely made up, why not allow players to use Universal Medallions? They are UNIVERSAL, right?

Try harder, pretending as though problems don't exist in the current environment leads to the stagnation we have now.

7 hours ago, (PS4)IndianChiefJeff said:

Be it one individual or very few rabid loyalists

Let me be more blunt, then. The change wasn't made because any number of players suggested it. At best it highlighted a problem that was not considered beforehand.

If everyone who wanted Conclave rewards actually played it, it would be fine. If people don't want to, then they can feel free to ignore the rewards.

7 hours ago, (PS4)IndianChiefJeff said:

Try harder, pretending as though problems don't exist in the current environment leads to the stagnation we have now.

I feel it's a problem I don't get a pile of Plat every month simply for having an account. Does that make it an actual problem for the game or the devs? No.

14 hours ago, Elenortirie said:

The only reason that conclave was not removed yet (while trials were and have more activity) is because conclave is the "part of original vision of the game"

Trials broke every time the game was patched. Conclave requires next to no maintenance.

Edited by peterc3
  • Like 1