Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

27.0.12.1 Sentient Anomaly Run Results

dogbus

Using the patchnotes as a guideline:

14 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

For further clarification, the Anomaly Shard is given when you complete the Sentient Anomaly POI, not an End of Mission reward for completing the entire mission itself (Fighters, Crewships, etc).

Here's what our run looked like:
- Start from dojo with 4 man crew so Navigation is accessible in-mission as host (typical Shedu farming technique)
- Everyone helps clear the anomaly, ignoring all the other objectives
- Once 20/20 sentients killed, all back to ship
- Host restarts node, repeat (this portion should only take 3-5 minutes per run with an efficient squad)
- On the very last run, we completed all the objectives
- Resource boosters DO double the amount of shards received (I received 2x per run, my squadmates got 1x, the only difference was that I have a resource booster)
- Smeeta Kavat buff DOES double shards gained (with resource booster, you can get up to 4x per run with a well timed smeeta buff)
- High risk of losing all shards accumulated due to a host migration, returning to DD can "bank" any progress (happened to me once, lost shards from progress)
- Returning to DD before completing the final run appears to cause the Host to lose all rewards. Completing the last run allows the host to keep their shards.

We squeezed in 6 runs for a single cycle, and likely will be able to hit 8-10 runs now that we have a system down to use. I have not tested solo if this works, but it does appear that the only requirement is actually clearing the Anomaly. Any thoughts or shared information about other runs is appreciated.

Edited by Vaeldious

2 minutes ago, Vaeldious said:

but it does appear that the only requirement is actually clearing the Anomaly

Well, yes. That's literally what the patchnotes said.

2 minutes ago, Vaeldious said:

when you complete the Sentient Anomaly POI

You don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure that out.

7 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

No, but its nice to have solid confirmation about what does work and what doesn't work, especially on such a time-limited alert. There was no reference in the patchnotes about resource boosters applying to shards, for example.

Edited by Vaeldious
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vaeldious said:

No, but its nice to have solid confirmation about what does work and what doesn't work, especially on such a time-limited alert. There was no reference in the patchnotes about resource boosters applying to shards, for example.

but i have booster. I always run on booster.
I've only done ONE S.Ship run.

There was that bug where the mission told me i got the shard twice and even in the end-of-mission screen I had shard visible twice.

But on speaking to LD, I have only one shard.

So i either doubt you really got two beyond the visual bug, orrrrrr maybe you're getting two for some other reason like being host perhaps.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DragoonStorm1 said:

There was that bug where the mission told me i got the shard twice and even in the end-of-mission screen I had shard visible twice.

I saw this bug too, I started with two runs, it said I had 4, and my inventory only showed 2. Then hotfix 27.0.12.1 came along, and each run we did it said "2x Anomaly Shard" when the Anomaly was completed. My inventory reflects this exact amount after returning to drydock, otherwise it shows in mission progress (tab/P) as a single entry of 2x (instead of two duplicate 1x entries like it did when it was bugged). I was not host during the runs. After I got hit with a host migration and had to actually abort (forfeiting the 2 prior runs of 4 shards) we did an additional 3 runs. I received 6 shards for these three runs, while my squadmates only got 3 each. The only difference that I can think of is my resource booster. We didn't have any looter frames (as we weren't aiming for Shedu parts), only speed/stealth-based frames.

6 minutes ago, MarshallBanana0815 said:

what is the magic juice here?

No idea tbh, but its how we farm Shedu parts in squads. If no parts drop, just reset the node. If parts DO drop, complete the node. The only requirement I'm aware of is that is has to be initiated from dojo, Navigation console doesnt seem accessible if you start from Orbiter.

Edited by Vaeldious

12 hours ago, MarshallBanana0815 said:

as a solo player since RJ release i have never ever been able to use navigation before actually completing the whole mission, no matter whether i came in from liset or dojo nor in which gamemode (except public of course) i started it.

what is the magic juice here?

12 hours ago, Vaeldious said:

No idea tbh, but its how we farm Shedu parts in squads. If no parts drop, just reset the node. If parts DO drop, complete the node. The only requirement I'm aware of is that is has to be initiated from dojo, Navigation console doesnt seem accessible if you start from Orbiter.

I'm in the same boat as MarshallBanana0815, I cannot access navigation in railjack during a mission, I however have tried starting the mission from orbiter, and dojo, in both cases I am unable to access navigation untill I complete all objectives in the mission regardless of where I started it from.

12 hours ago, o0Despair0o said:

Well, yes. That's literally what the patchnotes said.

You don't need to be a rocket scientist to understand that Maybe just Maybe, patchnotes don't always 100% reflect reality and they may have been able to uncover a bug in the conditions to get the shard, isn't that how many hotfixes end up getting hot-hotfixed a bit later?

Edited by SocialFox

And this post might be one of the problem why i start hating taking my ship to Anomally missions.

Start clearing fighters and crewships and everyone leave. Not maximize the drop/min and 80% of the players leave the mission.

"O you didn't rush to the Anomally, I'll just wait there until you arrive"......

Seems I'll do clan/friends only run in the future.

16 hours ago, Vaeldious said:

You should probably report it since there is likely a very specific variable involved to make that possible, which means it is probably classed as an exploit. I honestly wouldnt risk getting the account banned over a few pieces of loot.

The console in the ship was never intended to work unless you've completed a mission, that is the bug that is being utilized and exploited. If everyone could access it all the same, then there wouldnt be an obvious bug, but since there are people here that clearly state that it isnt the case, then you've very likely ran into a massive bug.

Continue at your own risk if you think it is worth it.

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

You should probably report it since there is likely a very specific variable involved to make that possible, which means it is probably classed as an exploit. I honestly wouldnt risk getting the account banned over a few pieces of loot.

The console in the ship was never intended to work unless you've completed a mission, that is the bug that is being utilized and exploited. If everyone could access it all the same, then there wouldnt be an obvious bug, but since there are people here that clearly state that it isnt the case, then you've very likely ran into a massive bug.

Continue at your own risk if you think it is worth it.

But this is the DE way.

1. Hyper content consumers know that DE is going to nerf "fun" so they push even harder

2.  DE nerfs (fixes) "exploit" (sorry, their code is buggier than a locust farm)

3.  Players who didn't "exploit" get screwed for a while and complain

4.  DE eventually makes it easier to get to get people to "move on" until the next content drop

This is the way...and DE is almost entirely responsible

18 hours ago, Vaeldious said:

Returning to DD before completing the final run appears to cause the Host to lose all rewards

ALL? like just the last mission rewards or every single mission's rewards? That's a dangerous line for the host to run. So basically you can bypass the objectives up until the final run?

You should probably report it since there is likely a very specific variable involved to make that possible

Indeed I have, once I learned that the host wasnt able to keep loot unless completing one mission. The one thing that strikes me, is that this functions exactly the same as any other "normal" abort (up until the part where the host can KEEP rewards). For example, when I was farming Broken War Blades on Lua, the host would abort and lose all loot (he didnt really care about losing it since there were no blade drops), meanwhile, I was able to keep all the random sentient cores and mods dropped by sentients.

The console in the ship was never intended to work unless you've completed a mission, that is the bug that is being utilized and exploited

Thats the vibe I get too, however I've only seen patchnotes referring to fixes for clients to be able to access the navigation instead of the host, or fixes for getting shards without completing the anomaly. Hopefully we can get some kind of clarification for intent.

23 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

So basically you can bypass the objectives up until the final run?

That seems to be the way this method works. Every time a player has hosted and tried to return to DD, they have lost their rewards (since no mission was actually completed, it works like an abort), while all clients were able to keep everything. The only way discovered that allows the host to keep their loot, is by completing one mission fully before returning to DD. This is probably also why no one in solo has been able to use this technique, since it requires multiple players to pull off.

1 hour ago, Skaleek said:

Why can't someone solo? as long as they complete the last mission it should save, no?

From what people have posted here, they dont have access to Navigation in solo until the entire mission is complete, no matter if they start from dojo or orbiter. If you can access Navigation in solo, then sure, by that logic you would be able to. I personally have not tested it solo, only in squads.

52 minutes ago, Vaeldious said:

From what people have posted here, they dont have access to Navigation in solo until the entire mission is complete, no matter if they start from dojo or orbiter. If you can access Navigation in solo, then sure, by that logic you would be able to. I personally have not tested it solo, only in squads.

I can confirm that this doesn't work in solo. I tried it by completing only the sentient ship POI and attempting to restart the node after that. The navigation is unavailable until you finish the entire mission, and aborting before that obviously resulted in losing all of the acquired items, including the anomaly shards.

Edited by General-Pacman

2 hours ago, Vaeldious said:

Ahh thank you for the clarification, that makes sense.