Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Formas in Red Crate

EzioTheEagle

As the hotfix states 'Sentient Captura Scenes have also been removed from the drop table and will be purchasable from Little Duck exclusively' so technically, only umbra forma bps should be left inside the red crates in the sentient ship as the ephemera and capturas are removed from the drop table now.. 

For this reason, players are still split farming the sentient anomaly (who already have the ephemera and capturas) to get the umbra forma now.. So the whole issue for this change is still not fully fixed.. 

People are still doing the same 'run-search red crate - abort - repeat' 

• Like 2

Id totally be OK with Umbra Forma being in the Duck Store for like 250+ shards.

Since you dont have to complete the whole mission, and boosters/kavat buffs double shards, you can literally get enough shards for an ephemera with a fast squad in 1-2 cycles.

Edited by Vaeldious
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, schilds said:

They also drop from reinforced grineer containers in Grineer bases

I've heard that, but have yet to see a single confirmed report of it actually happening. The only cases I've seen here on the forums and reddit have only been from red beans.

5 minutes ago, Vaeldious said:

Id totally be OK with Umbra Forma being in the Duck Store for like 250+ shards.

Since you dont have to complete the whole mission, and boosters/kavat buffs double shards, you can literally get enough shards for an ephemera with a fast squad in 1-2 cycles.

Yeah I wouldn't mind either if that was the case honestly 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, schilds said:

They don't need to do the Anomaly for Umbra forma. They also drop from reinforced grineer containers in Grineer bases.

Now this is the confusing part, I only know one guy who has the umbra forma and he got it from red crates inside sentient ship.. But I also heard rumors about umbra formas being available in grineer ship rare crates and derelict node rare crates.. 

• Like 1

I mean, a REALLY efficient squad could probably pull off 20+ shards in a single cycle, my top haul is 14 with resource booster (7 runs total in the 30 minute window). We just had a few pauses at the start and waiting for another squadmember to join, so there was plenty of standing around waiting that could have been runs. Usually its about 3-4 minutes with Wisps taking out the sentients and speedrunning.

6 minutes ago, EzioTheEagle said:

But I also heard rumors about umbra formas being available in grineer ship rare crates and derelict node rare crates.. 

The rumors stem from the Wiki not specifying which TYPE (orokin/sentient/grineer) of reinforced crate, only that it is from the reinforced, not rare. This was further confused because for a brief period they DID drop from grineer reinforced crates on Saturn and Earth, but was hotfixed since it was an incorrect drop (the patchnotes only specify that its supposed to be a Veil tier drop). There have been no reports that I've seen of it dropping from grineer since that hotfix, though that could just be that there were more people looking for red sentient containers than there were looking for grineer reinforced.

Edit: That linked post would be the first confirmation I've seen then that they do drop from Grineer reinforced containers, it definitely was AFTER the hotfix I mentioned.

Edited by Vaeldious

1 minute ago, Vaeldious said:

I mean, a REALLY efficient squad could probably pull off 20+ shards in a single cycle, my top haul is 14 with resource booster (7 runs total in the 30 minute window). We just had a few pauses at the start and waiting for another squadmember to join, so there was plenty of standing around waiting that could have been runs. Usually its about 3-4 minutes with Wisps taking out the sentients and speedrunning.

The rumors stem from the Wiki not specifying which TYPE (orokin/sentient/grineer) of reinforced crate, only that it is from the reinforced, not rare. This was further confused because for a brief period they DID drop from grineer reinforced crates on Saturn and Earth, but was hotfixed since it was an incorrect drop (the patchnotes only specify that its supposed to be a Veil tier drop). There have been no reports that I've seen of it dropping from grineer since that hotfix, though that could just be that there were more people looking for red sentient containers than there were looking for grineer reinforced.

Ahh.. Gotcha 

From that thread:

On 2020-01-13 at 12:23 AM, Jiminez_Burial said:

I got one from a Rare Container a couple weeks ago.  Had a few Veil Rare Containters since but no further Umbra Forma.

On 2020-01-15 at 6:53 PM, Jiminez_Burial said:

I found all of mine inside an objective area (so the galleons, shipkiller platforms, pulse turbine etc).

It sounds like he found one in Veil Proxima, but I guess we might want to confirm that as it's not totally clear - could be he found one outside of Veil (before the update) and then found some rare containers in Veil without any.

Edited by schilds

1 minute ago, schilds said:

It sounds like he found them one in Veil Proxima

Yeah thats what I read too, I've come across 1 reinforced in a shipkiller before, but it didnt have an umbra forma (of course neither does every red sentient container). It also stands to reason that the patchnotes weren't being vague, in saying that its only a Veil drop, as that could literally be any of the three types (orokin/grineer/sentient). Sentient containers just had the most people actively looking for those specifically.

Of course, the real question I have is if the "alert" of the sentient ship influences spawn chances, in the same way that Invasions seem to influence Ayatan spawning, since they use the same spawn locations. I wonder if the same mechanics apply or if it has no bearing whatsoever. 

9 minutes ago, schilds said:

From that thread:

It sounds like he found one in Veil Proxima, but I guess we might want to confirm that as it's not totally clear - could be he found one outside of Veil (before the update) and then found some rare containers in Veil without any.

iirc the crate I got the Forma from was on Saturn.  All others were in veil but yielded no Forma. 

Edited by Jiminez_Burial

1 minute ago, Jiminez_Burial said:

iirc the crate I got the Forma from was on Saturn

If it was from Saturn, then that would have been before the hotfix, when they were accidentally dropping in places OTHER than the Veil.

Edited by Vaeldious

5 minutes ago, schilds said:

So, I guess still unconfirmed for any crates but sentient ones then :-P.

Depends on when this happened:

On 2020-01-15 at 4:58 AM, Gabbynaru said:

Well, both the containers I found were inside a base, where you go on foot. Definitely not in space.

Although Gabby identifies the container as rare, which is a common mistake since the rare and reinforced are hard to tell apart, especially after theyve been broken open.

Edited by Vaeldious

it's important to bear in mind that Umbra Forma is still one of the main reasons people who aren't huge on Nightwave still go through it, so DE will never make Umbra Forma easily attainable, otherwise Nightwave has no meaning for some. I've not encountered one of these crates yet, but more power to anyone farming the Veil for them.

5 hours ago, EzioTheEagle said:

As the hotfix states 'Sentient Captura Scenes have also been removed from the drop table and will be purchasable from Little Duck exclusively' so technically, only umbra forma bps should be left inside the red crates in the sentient ship as the ephemera and capturas are removed from the drop table now.. 

For this reason, players are still split farming the sentient anomaly (who already have the ephemera and capturas) to get the umbra forma now.. So the whole issue for this change is still not fully fixed.. 

People are still doing the same 'run-search red crate - abort - repeat' 

I am suprised DE haven't touched Umbra Forma yet. I still find people abort farming in Flexa (Grineer Galeon) to get the forma.

1 hour ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

it's important to bear in mind that Umbra Forma is still one of the main reasons people who aren't huge on Nightwave still go through it, so DE will never make Umbra Forma easily attainable, otherwise Nightwave has no meaning for some. I've not encountered one of these crates yet, but more power to anyone farming the Veil for them.

People still do Nightwave for Nitain Extract and Potatoes. If we let this go, these type of rushers will keep rising and ruin other people's experiences when they invade pub games. If you want to farm them in the veil right now, good luck finding a crate that has a sub 1% chance of spawning.

Edited by DrivaMain