Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grendel Locator grudge

General_Soldiernator

So, context time.

I'm here today, playing the game. I decide to get some lads in my clan to help me out with getting Grendel parts. I had the locators, and despite not having a full squad (3/4), we went into the survival mission, as I felt that it was the most tedious of the bunch. Things didn't go that smoothly, and with the natural difficulty of the mission being no-mods and that, I had died. With one member left, he carried himself to victory, and got the Grendel part. However... Since I had died, I was disallowed the Grendel part. Getting nothing out of the mission (especially with being the host with the locators, mind you), except disappointment and Vitus better spend elsewhere? Yeah, that aint it chief.

Anyone else here dealt with this problem?? If so, raise your voice. We need this to be fixed. DE, please give us the Grendel parts we worked so hard enough for. Sure, this system is broken, but for the players who went through the time and effort for the damn locators deserve better when they are dead and left with disappointing results.

This is more of a vent, now that I look at it. Though I am quite sure that I'll use my lost time getting nothing out of Grendel farming elsewhere. Time we won't ever get back.

Anyways, Hope everyone's having a relatively good start to their year. Here's to 2020, fellow Tenno.

If you lost the key...then that is a bug and should be reported to DE.  It isn't supposed to work that way.  Once you buy a key..you can keep attempting until you pass.   

So...if you took the time complain in general (not feedback)..then take the time to post in feedback and send in a help desk ticket.

you didn't lose the Grendel part because you died. You lost the Grendel part because you were dead long enough for the afk timer to kick in. This happened when I first ran them too and it sucks. Because it's a key mission where you keep the key if you abort I feel the afk timer should just be disabled specifically for grendel missions.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Rawbeard said:

he did pass, he was just afk flagged. working as written!

But that wasn't intended.  But this is DE code with unfortunate outcomes or hilarious memes.   You were never meant to lose your key until you got the part....PERIOD.  If that happens..it is bad code.

Pretty sure you lost the rewards cause you were dead for too long. 

If you atleast press a few buttons and change the player spectator screen, you should get the rewards. 

Again not a bug per se, but more of an oversight. 

Suggest send a report to support (don't force it and don't double report) and feedback to see if anything can change. 

On 2020-01-24 at 4:41 PM, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

i don't think the method of obtaining Grendel is worth it for the state he's in right now.

I'd agree with you on Khora, but Grendal was the fastest gauranteed frame to obtain with no RNG.  Khora was a huge drag, I'd take gimmicks like Grendal farm anyday over that garbage!  

So you didn't actually complete the mission, didn't get the reward and are now raising your voice for what to be fixed?

and please, don't make it out as if getting those locators is some herculean feat.

The actual issue, however is a quite common one, you spent more than 2 minutes dead, hence tagged for AFK, hence, no rewards.

However you put it, you've failed the mission and are expecting something for it.

Am 24.1.2020 um 23:41 schrieb (PS4)robotwars7:

i don't think the method of obtaining Grendel is worth it for the state he's in right now.

Yep, I always had my eyes on that guy but getting him looks so very un-fun and so anti-power-fantasy. Cant bring myself to suffer through this.

2 hours ago, Educated_Beast said:

I'd agree with you on Khora, but Grendal was the fastest gauranteed frame to obtain with no RNG.  Khora was a huge drag, I'd take gimmicks like Grendal farm anyday over that garbage!  

agree with this.

i jumped in with someone else who had the keys, we did it in a team of 3, passed each mission first try and that was despite getting stalker in one mission and zanuka in another. to be honest, it was hilariously good fun 😅