Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ivara veterans I need advice...

(PSN)AbBaNdOn_

Question

Normal Ivara was one of my more recent frames I got after 3 years in the game.   I used her mostly to do conservation(invis, not sleep), and for farming Cephalon standing by stealth scanning adaro and running Lv30 no alarm objectives...  That was it...   Just from doing that she shot up my most used warframe boards to like top 10.  I never used her artemis bow.   I was either using a HUSHed Komorex or a tranq gun or a scanner.  

I recently made Ivara Prime.  While I was leveling I thought using her artemis bow would help her get 100% of the affinity???  DIdnt seem like it heh.   But the affinity isnt what I care about.  My question is for any Ivara users who use her Artemis bow....

I have been forma'ing it and using it exclusively while working on her.   It seams weak as HELL.........Im wondering how you guys have your bows modded and why.

I have been trying crit build...  Serration, Barrel Diffusion, Point Strike, Vital Strike?, Prime Shred,  an elemental stuff...  still forma'ing.   That gets me 60% cc,  4x crit damage, and about 3k of a combo element........  My Ivara has 175% strength which gives her 4 a 350-400 blast damage on her ability ???? Dont know how that works with her bow....    This quickly becomes garbage around round 3-4 of endless missions.   

Does anyone use a status build for her bow??  How does that perform against higher level stuff ??? 

I am just EXTREMELY disappointed in her Exalted bow.   I could use any other bow in the game and have better results it feels like....  

Sad thing is I really love the Komorex but that thing is an even bigger turd than Ivara's exalted lol.  

-----------------

I never use status builds.   This is making me want to go outside my comfort zone a little and go ALL status on her.   Make my komorex status,  artemis status,  status zaw.   I'd keep my Spira primes crit.   I want to use Spira + navigate lol  That should do insane damage...havent tried it yet lol.  

12 minutes ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_ said:

I have been trying crit build...  Serration, Barrel Diffusion, Point Strike, Vital Strike?, Prime Shred,  an elemental stuff...  still forma'ing.   That gets me 60% cc,  4x crit damage, and about 3k of a combo element........  My Ivara has 175% strength which gives her 4 a 350-400 blast damage on her ability ???? Dont know how that works with her bow....    This quickly becomes garbage around round 3-4 of endless missions. 

Primed Shred or Firing Mods isn't really necessary on Artemis Bow unless you are using Concentrated Arrow, as the charging on Artemis Bow affects its shot pattern, but its overall damage and arrow flight speed stays the same. Since arrows have innate Punch Through, but if you want more speed to get the Bow to fire horizontally, Speed Trigger will suffice

Typically, you would want Viral/Heat or people would suggest Viral and Hunters Munitions on higher levels. Ivara doesn't have innate Blast damage, so it seems to me you modded the Bow for Blast damage, something you don't want.

Another important note is that while having the Artemis Bow equipped, you can Alt-Fire to quickfire the current Quiver arrow. This allows you to fire off Sleep Arrows instantly, which helps with lining up headshots and helping with CC.

16 minutes ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_ said:

Sad thing is I really love the Komorex but that thing is an even bigger turd than Ivara's exalted lol. 

Komorex isn't your typical sniper rifle, but if you have it, the Baza (Prime) would be a fine complement to prevent Prowl from breaking.

• Like 2

Have you maxed out Ivara Prime herself yet? Keep in mind that the Artemis Bow is still an ability and it won't hit maximum capability until Ivara Prime is rank 30. It's the same with other frames that have Exalted Weapons. Valkyr's Talons for example seem pathetically weak until she hits rank 30, the the damage suddenly skyrockets.

The damage of the Artemis Box also depends on whether you are charging the shot or not.   Scratch that, all it does is reorient the arrow spread from vertical to horizontal.

I haven't tried a status build myself. Status chance is split between the arrows so you'd need to get multiple hits to maximise your chances of a proc.

I'm no Ivara veteran, still trying to find an ideal build myself, but I can share my versions.

For grineer & orokin I have: point strike, vital sense, split chamber, vigilante armaments, high voltage, malignant force, stormbringer, infected clip.

For corpus: point strike, split chamber, vigilante armaments, rime rounds, malignant force, primed cryo rounds, infected clip, hunter munitions. 

I went for a hybrid crit/status build here by trying to give the elemental damage a high status proc priority (physical damage has a 4x greater chance to proc). These use the Concentrated Arrow augment, with roughly 200% strength and Arcane Rage (I set 2x). The builds are reliant on her 3rd ability Prowl and headshots to proc the arcane and Prowl damage multiplier. (also Corrosive Projection or Shield Disruption)

For infested: serration, split chamber, point strike, vital sense, vigilante armaments, malignant force, stormbringer, hellfire. (corrosive + heat)

This build removes the augment and replaces rage with 2x Arcane Resistance for toxin immunity. The aura I left it as Corrosive Projection.

Common to all 3: roughly 135% duration & efficiency with 34% range. Personally, 1st and 2nd abilities are rarely used, except dashwire sometimes. 3rd ability always toggled for survival and headshot multiplier. 2 forma Ivara, 3 forma Artemis Bow. (based on your spoiler-mode setup, you may have other synergies). Alright, hope this helps.

1 hour ago, (PS4)coma-edge said:

For infested: serration, split chamber, point strike, vital sense, vigilante armaments, malignant force, stormbringer, hellfire. (corrosive + heat)

This build removes the augment and replaces rage with 2x Arcane Resistance for toxin immunity. The aura I left it as Corrosive Projection.

Why corrosive and corrosive projection against infested? There's nothing for it to strip. Heat is your best friend against infested. I wouldn't put toxin in, that can quickly be nullified by the toxic ancients.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Rez090 said:

Why corrosive and corrosive projection against infested? There's nothing for it to strip. Heat is your best friend against infested. I wouldn't put toxin in, that can quickly be nullified by the toxic ancients.

Corrosive Projection for when the infested MOAs (Swarm_Mutalist_MOA) gives all the other infested ferrite armor, plus corrosive damage for the +75% extra damage bonus on fossilized infested (ancient healers, brood mothers, etc). There's no toxin damage, not sure what you mean, it's corrosive and heat. Are you referring to arcane resistance? As far as I know, toxic ancients can't nullify that - infact it guards against them.

Edited by (PS4)coma-edge
edit 75% bonus

Mod for Viral/Hunters munitions with crit/multishot. I even run Vile Acceleration i like to pew pew fast with her. Just stack bleeds with HM and stuff will die.

If you want to go endurance, every single sniper with hush is 10x better than Artemis btw (not to mention melee is "OP" with stealth).

• Like 1

I just want to clarify, most exalted weapons are not as good as a regular weapon if you have all the mods.
There are a few exeptions(excal's blade, mesa's guns and dex pixia).But they are as good as some weapons, no exalted weapon is stronger than strong regular weapons.

15 hours ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_ said:

I could use any other bow in the game and have better results it feels like....  

Well essentially , yes.
It still works tho, especially paired with empowered quiver and hunter mumu.

Edited by vegetosayajin

Havent read anything inspiring yet lol....

Ok so Ivara's strength helps determine the starting physical damage of her artemis bow I think.  The damage in regards to her 4th ability was puncture/impact/slash.

I didnt see anything saying prowl improves any kind of damage...I'll look again maybe I just skip over it.

I know dashwire is suppose to up your crit chance for anyone who uses it but thats not even in the description anymore...

------------------------------------------------------------------

I went to PoE right before bed time.  My ivara has 300 energy.  I was perched on one of the horns at twin horn lake right near the entrance.  I used Navigator and chucked a spira lol. I coud basicly fly it anywhere in PoE.   The sad part was no enemies were spawned that far out so I couldnt kill anything with it!!!!

I went into the cave at twin horns a little bit. I went through the entrance door enough to make it stay open.  Then I chucked a spira and flew it out of the cave and found some guys on patrol nearby and killed one lol.   I sent another spira out after and his buddies were running around looking for who did it lmao.

I think they changed the speed on navigator though.  It only has two speeds..... fast and normal...   it also had no dot or anything to help you aim the damn projectile lol.  

---------------------------------------------------------------

There is a purpose for all of ivara's arrow types in her first ability....so I wouldnt want to lose any...  but she could use some more offensive types to...

I was thinking Ivara's artemis normal shots needs to be like the dude in guardian of the galaxies, the blue guy who controls the arrow with his whistling and headgear.   You fire off a single seeking arrow and after it pierces that target it automatically seeks out another and another.  Its punchthrough determines how many enemies it hunts down.  I think 5 is max ?  Prime Shred + Vigilante something....   (with current crappy bow I think this is totally fair)

3 minutes ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_ said:

hmmmm... do I have to equip the vigiante mods to another bow or any primary??   I can definately use a placeholder weapon..

you can equip them on a sentinel weapon that is a rifle (aka sentinel stat stick)
also Vigilante Pursuit is great for ivara as a whole 

Edited by vegetosayajin

1 hour ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_ said:

I didnt see anything saying prowl improves any kind of damage...I'll look again maybe I just skip over it.

I know dashwire is suppose to up your crit chance for anyone who uses it but thats not even in the description anymore...

• Prowl only gives extra damage on hits to the head (including MOA heads even though it's a non-vital spot for them).
  • Dashwire improving crits only happens if you're also using the [Empowered Quiver] augment, otherwise it's just a normal dashwire.

A few things people don't realize until a few hundred hours into Ivara (sorry, small flex):

• I would recommend NOT putting speed mods onto Artemis, It only changes the speed the angle changes. If you do want a higher speed use a non-bow rifle weapon (anything that uses rifle mods that isn't a bow) and put a fire rate mod onto it. It carries over the fire rate bonuses with none of the draw back (in the case of [Vile Acceleration]). There's also a bug with Ivara-Prime specifically where the fire rate glitches a bonus for Artemis spontaneously and stays persistent after missions (can't find what causes it).
  • I'd recommend against using any punch through mods, Artemis has an innate punch through and like all bows if it lands a kill (which is great at) the arrow will continue it's travel.
  • You CAN effect effect cast speed of quiver arrows via reload mods on Artemis, it basically has a similar effect that casting speed mods for normal frame abilities. It's most noticeable when using quiver arrows via Artemis's secondary fire. I don't do it, but it's an interaction many people don't know about.
  • It counts as a Primary weapon and receives bonuses for "primary weapons", like set bonues on non-Artemis weapons and arcanes; similar to other exalted weapons.

All in all it's a very good weapon with high rates of damage. I use it to for a lot of bosses, a kind of "street sweeper" at ~30m, and one-shotting Eidolons and liches. I also meme with it a bit on the side with [Concentrated Arrow] when I feel like it (don't have a concentrated arrow build though, forma setup wont allow it).

There's more tips/tricks/tactics involving Artemis but I found a lot of fun was finding them out.

Edited by SpringRocker
  • Like 4

40 minutes ago, SpringRocker said:
  • I would recommend NOT putting speed mods onto Artemis, It only changes the speed the angle changes. If you do want a higher speed use a non-bow rifle weapon (anything that uses rifle mods that isn't a bow) and put a fire rate mod onto it. It carries over the fire rate bonuses with none of the draw back (in the case of [Vile Acceleration]). There's also a bug with Ivara-Prime specifically where the fire rate glitches a bonus for Artemis spontaneously and stays persistent after missions (can't find what causes it).

Whaaaat didnt know, did they change that? Im pretty sure it was "must have" like years ago and it was affecting how fast you charge artemis to max.

"You CAN effect cast speed of quiver arrows via reload mods on Artemis" So you telling me i can melee with less delay after using lets say sleep arrow?? Omg i have to try that when i get home.

Great post. Actually some useful info in it 😲 (if its true actually) 😄

54 minutes ago, Benour said:

Whaaaat didnt know, did they change that? Im pretty sure it was "must have" like years ago and it was affecting how fast you charge artemis to max.

I should probably clarify, it is the charge speed (rate that the angle changes). Having a fire rate mod on an equipped non-bow rifle has the same effect as if you equipped it on Artemis without actually putting it on Artemis (without the -15% damage if you're using [Vile Acceleration]).

• Like 1

People seem to dislike Concentrated Arrow. However, with a crit/viral/Hunter's Mun build you can clear out rooms almost instantly, even at high levels (or on Railjack) so long as you can get the headshots off. You can get crits in the millions of damage, and forced slash procs on anything hit by the explosion. It is a skill based build (no headshots and it's worthless) so it can be frustrating and finding a balance between the range, power, and efficiency you need can be tedious. Glass cannon!

22 hours ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_ said:

It seams weak as HELL.........
I am just EXTREMELY disappointed in her Exalted bow.

https://streamable.com/5bnhc

Spoiler

b22iTWX.jpg

Spoiler

TwurNlp.jpg

Note: Charging shots will not increase arrow damage, but will increase projectile speed. Explosion radius penetrates all obstacles and is affected by Ability Range. Explosion damage can critically hit and does not diminish over distance. (source)

For room clearing, prioritize range and:

2 hours ago, (PS4)LoneWolf_001 said:

However, with a crit/viral/Hunter's Mun build you can clear out rooms almost instantly, even at high levels (or on Railjack) so long as you can get the headshots off.

6 hours ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_ said:

Havent read anything inspiring yet lol....

I thought you'd like these builds...

Spoiler
17 hours ago, (PS4)coma-edge said:

I'm no Ivara veteran, still trying to find an ideal build myself, but I can share my versions.

For grineer & orokin I have: point strike, vital sense, split chamber, vigilante armaments, high voltage, malignant force, stormbringer, infected clip.

For corpus: point strike, split chamber, vigilante armaments, rime rounds, malignant force, primed cryo rounds, infected clip, hunter munitions. 

I went for a hybrid crit/status build here by trying to give the elemental damage a high status proc priority (physical damage has a 4x greater chance to proc). These use the Concentrated Arrow augment, with roughly 200% strength and Arcane Rage (I set 2x). The builds are reliant on her 3rd ability Prowl and headshots to proc the arcane and Prowl damage multiplier. (also Corrosive Projection or Shield Disruption)

Common to all 3: roughly 135% duration & efficiency with 34% range. Personally, 1st and 2nd abilities are rarely used, except dashwire sometimes. 3rd ability always toggled for survival and headshot multiplier. 2 forma Ivara, 3 forma Artemis Bow. (based on your spoiler-mode setup, you may have other synergies). Alright, hope this helps.

I'm thinking this is not the playstyle you're going for?

6 hours ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_ said:

I was thinking Ivara's artemis normal shots needs to be like the dude in guardian of the galaxies, the blue guy who controls the arrow with his whistling and headgear.   You fire off a single seeking arrow and after it pierces that target it automatically seeks out another and another.  Its punchthrough determines how many enemies it hunts down.  I think 5 is max ?

Maybe using Piercing_Navigator with the Daikyu? Haven't tried it though.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, (PS4)coma-edge said:

Corrosive Projection for when the infested MOAs (Swarm_Mutalist_MOA) gives all the other infested ferrite armor, plus corrosive damage for the +75% extra damage bonus on fossilized infested (ancient healers, brood mothers, etc). There's no toxin damage, not sure what you mean, it's corrosive and heat. Are you referring to arcane resistance? As far as I know, toxic ancients can't nullify that - infact it guards against them.

Corrosive contains toxin, did you forget? For those infest moas, heat is still better than corrosive.

So I finally decided to invest into my prisma Shade,  gave it the diriga sniper rifle.  Dumped 3 maxed out vigil mods on it..  (not ammo mutation,  Would have to forma that turd sentinel weapon or worse potato it).  

I "think' that worked great.   Horozontal is the only way to shoot her arrow spread for me so I have to have a fast charge and I think it fully charges faster than its animation lets it reloads lol.  

I've went status with my bow but I havent went deep into any content yet to test it versus higher enemies.

Im not sure why everyone is saying no punch through mods....  I like being able to shoot through terrain and obstacles.   At 3-5 meters of punchthrough there isnt many places enemies can hide lol.