Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframes has some of the worst map designs.

Power_Is_Everything

Your game has some of the worst map designs.

1. You put a massive map on a defense mission, causing the game to take forever to get through.

2. You make interception maps have consoles in places that "I" find difficult to locate, memorize, or get to.

3. Your Defection missions, have maps that the A.I. cannot map through because they go everywhere even if the path separates them or takes longer.

It is little things like this that add up and make your game hard to play, when the difficult should be coming from the enemies.

1 hour ago, Power_Is_Everything said:

Your game has some of the worst map designs.

1. You put a massive map on a defense mission, causing the game to take forever to get through.

2. You make interception maps have consoles in places that "I" find difficult to locate, memorize, or get to.

3. Your Defection missions, have maps that the A.I. cannot map through because they go everywhere even if the path separates them or takes longer.

It is little things like this that add up and make your game hard to play, when the difficult should be coming from the enemies.

1. That is pathfinding not map design or go out and deal with them yourself.

2. the map has giant letters on it now that shows you the zones to stand in, hit M on default PC controls to make the map bigger, problem solved

3. Fair point, they could improve the pathing of the defectors to make it less of a pain. 

1: The problem is in layout and AI pathing, not size

2: That's probably just you, I've had none of those problems

3. I can agree with this one, Defection is awful

vor 9 Minuten schrieb yarl5000:

1. That is pathfinding not map design or go out and deal with them yourself.

vor 7 Minuten schrieb Pr1A:

1: The problem is in layout and AI pathing, not size

There are some giant defense maps. The larger one on the corpus outpost tileset is the worst defense map. It's so bad that people just reset the mission until they get the smaller map. Corpus Ship and Crashed Corpus Ship are also pretty large compared to the much quicker grineer galleon defense. Void defense is another very large defense tile.

Imagine small maps and the same speed running you can do with this game. For as long as some maps are I can still run a capture mission in two minutes, I can't think of any other game where I can start a mission and finish it that quick. You also listed three game modes that are a bit less popular; defense, interception, and defection. Defense is decent, but the other two I avoid unless absolutely necessary. Try exterminate and survival over the modes you listed. 

5 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

There are some giant defense maps. The larger one on the corpus outpost tileset is the worst defense map. It's so bad that people just reset the mission until they get the smaller map. Corpus Ship and Crashed Corpus Ship are also pretty large compared to the much quicker grineer galleon defense. Void defense is another very large defense tile.

Largeness isn't the major problem with some of the more hated def tilesets it is the enemies getting stuck somewhere. 

Take that void def, it is large but the ai doesn't have much trouble getting to you so the size of it isn't the problem, with only really one part being a problem as you can fairly easily ignore the two side wings of the rooms as the enemies have very little trouble getting to the target and it is only that one long hallway that you spawn in that gets them bunched up at, but no where near as bad as some of the other def tiles. 

vor 24 Minuten schrieb yarl5000:

Largeness isn't the major problem with some of the more hated def tilesets it is the enemies getting stuck somewhere. 

Take that void def, it is large but the ai doesn't have much trouble getting to you so the size of it isn't the problem, with only really one part being a problem as you can fairly easily ignore the two side wings of the rooms as the enemies have very little trouble getting to the target and it is only that one long hallway that you spawn in that gets them bunched up at, but no where near as bad as some of the other def tiles. 

Size is absolutely the problem for the big maps. In the amount of time it takes them to just walk from their little spawn room to the target without even getting stuck, two waves on hydron have happened.

2 hours ago, (XB1)Red Dough Boy said:

Imagine small maps and the same speed running you can do with this game. For as long as some maps are I can still run a capture mission in two minutes, I can't think of any other game where I can start a mission and finish it that quick. You also listed three game modes that are a bit less popular; defense, interception, and defection. Defense is decent, but the other two I avoid unless absolutely necessary. Try exterminate and survival over the modes you listed. 

I will not list a game mode that is not "endless", because it does not matter. (What are you gonna do, make quests or exterminate take 1 minute? I would not dislike that though).

The reason why it does not matter is because endless, is where people go to get bulk grinding done.

NOBODY, except the 1%-5%, wants to spend time running around killing enemies that too long to get somewhere, or even cannot get to point with the player.

1 minute ago, Power_Is_Everything said:

I will not list a game mode that is not "endless", because it does not matter. (What are you gonna do, make quests or exterminate take 1 minute? I would not dislike that though).

The reason why it does not matter is because endless, is where people go to get bulk grinding done.

NOBODY, except the 1%-5%, wants to spend time running around killing enemies that too long to get somewhere, or even cannot get to point with the player.

I don't mind survival, but I'm not a fan of mission types where you have to stay in one spot for the duration. In a game where speed is a major factor sitting and defending a point is very dull. 

Lemme tell you what is wrong with map design: ten million hooks, lips, snags, projections, chamfers, bevels, and spikes to catch your warframe right in the middle of the so-called fluid movement. 

I want a Warframe whose theme is sandpaper and bench grinders. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe