The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operator's gender

ITareI

i suggest to add an option for changing the Operator's gender because the voice and the face not enough and i see a lot of people asking about that and i do not want to replay the game to just change the Operator's gender.

Edited by ITareI

"Face" is actually "Body" too.  Or more like every face is also attached to a sex, a feminine or masculine body.

Check it out yourself, click through the different faces.  They're roughly sorted by sex.

But here's to hoping for better character creation when Duviri gets released.  (DE, take a long hard look at how Eastern games handle it.  Look at Code Vein and Black Desert in particular.  I'm actually playing Black Desert right now after taking a break from Warframe...)

Edited by Kingsmount
  • Like 2

They're biologically prepubescent, so whilst it does change the body, it's very subtle. You're not going to be having a large bulge down there as a male operator, nor are you getting balloons for females.

It actually uses the body type opposite to your frames gender for the pre character-creation walk, and I didn't even notice with my male frame.

(also, you just need to go to the appearance page in your operator menu to re-customise, you don't need to replay anything)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, (PS4)Apoleon_amarr said:

It will be noticeable when the operators grow up on duviri and the sin bulges become apparent

One. I'm hoping that they do not do that because frankly for everyone who is made happy by that there will be another person who leaves the game because of it or atleast will never ever play that or anything that comes after.

That said. I think you are seeing the people we were before we became tenno. Don't ask me to explain how but i think time passes backwards in the void or something. 

If you look close at the "Adult operator" compared to the "young operator", the adult operator's scars are new, fresh, jagged... The young operator's scars are old, healeded over, softened. 

DE said they were creating a new "new player experience"... I think the Duviri content is going to be that new experience. It's how we became what we are, not what we are becoming. And I think it will piss off enough players if "growing up" is "forced" on players that it will financially harm DE if they pull the trigger. It's Russian Roulette at best...

40 minutes ago, (PS4)Black-Cat-Jinx said:

One. I'm hoping that they do not do that because frankly for everyone who is made happy by that there will be another person who leaves the game because of it or atleast will never ever play that or anything that comes after.

That happens no matter what they do, so they're not going to worry about stuff like that.

As for Duviri, I think people are assuming that Duviri means our operators are growing up just because we were shown an adult operator in a cutscene.  As far as I know, DE hasn't said that's what's going to happen in Duviri, so I wouldn't bother getting worked up about something that might not even happen.  That whole cutscene was like one giant acid trip (or five minutes of a quantum mechanics class) - so we have to admit that we don't know what's going to happen.  Sure, maybe our operators will grow up, or maybe the adult operator in the cutscene is going to turn out to be a unique NPC, like Teshin or Lotus.  Hell, he could even turn out to be the new Lotus.  We don't know and we won't know until somebody at DE says something (ha), or until we play it for ourselves.

• Like 1

I dunno, one of the best things about playing as male frames IMO is changing my gender by pressing a button.

I definitely don't see our operators being permanently aged up. The dynamic between the dark and serious world full of Duke Nukems and Doomguys and Robocops as enemies, corrupted Kamen Riders as our primary form in combat, and our fragile little operators representing "us" is a good one, and I'd hate to lose that.

23 hours ago, Loza03 said:

It actually uses the body type opposite to your frames gender for the pre character-creation walk, and I didn't even notice with my male frame.

From my testing, it actually just uses the female model no matter what.