Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You Can Accept Larvlings for Teammates

.A.G

Haven't done Liches for a long time, thought I'd finally get back into it with the new changes. Not sure why we gave it a chance when updates are always so broken for the first year after release.

Kept getting Larvlings that didn't show what weapon was coming with them, on one of them I was meleeing and it automatically picked it up, now I'm stuck with a Twin Stubba Lich that I don't need.

Went into a second mission with the Mrs to get her a Lich, she killed the Larvling and was far away from me, it didn't show her the weapon either, I walked up to it and my character killed it (even though I already have a Lich active now) and she got another stupid Lich with a weapon she already has.

If you're going to release a buggy system, give us the option to remove Liches we never signed up for in the first place.

Now we're stuck wasting a few hours on Liches we don't need.

17 hours ago, .A.G said:

Kept getting Larvlings that didn't show what weapon was coming with them, on one of them I was meleeing and it automatically picked it up, now I'm stuck with a Twin Stubba Lich that I don't need.

Huh? You have to press X to turn a larvaling into a Lich. Did you bind your melee to X or something? How did you manage to do it accidentially??

17 hours ago, .A.G said:

Went into a second mission with the Mrs to get her a Lich, she killed the Larvling and was far away from me, it didn't show her the weapon either, I walked up to it and my character killed it

Again, why did you kill it if you weren't sure about the weapon? You have to press X to do it, it can't happen automatically.

Definitely could have been a reaction of hitting X after doing murmurs, I was meleeing. The thing is when you're doing run after run of Larvlings trying to get the weapon you're after, you zone out from the monotony.

As to why we're able to accept Larvlings for other players, that just shouldn't be a thing.

Control your reflexes, sometimes slower is better.
Yesterday for example, because the team was rushing, 3 times a lich spawned righ when we were extracting.
I always stay outside because it has a chance for the timer duration.Even so, 3 times missed, just because someone wants to rush...

I didn't get a lich spawned that way because I always have one active, even if I'm not going for it yet.

But this will be a big problem for newer players.You don't want this grind if you are not ready for it.

Edited by vegetosayajin
  • Like 2

people need to learn to chill out and not mudamudamuda larvlings when they see them. just shoot them from afar, or at least when you see them go down, DON'T PRESS ANYTHING, just wait to see what weapon appears above their head first. it's not that hard to train yourself out of doing this, if I can do it, you  guys can too.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

people need to learn to chill out and not mudamudamuda larvlings when they see them. (snip)

f7FdEdG_d.jpg

THANK YOU! It's been weird to see some people claim "reflex" and "muscle memory" with those mistakes, all one need to do is to pay attention to what they're doing!

"I'm going to hunt a larvling, but I go quick with my melee, therefore I'll use this frame with a good area damage and/or my primary and clear the area around the downed larvling before making my decision", there, you're ready!

• Like 1

On 2020-02-07 at 10:29 PM, .A.G said:

I walked up to it and my character killed it (even though I already have a Lich active now) and she got another stupid Lich with a weapon she already has.

(emphasis mine)

This here is the problem. He finished off the larvaling. Somebody else ended up with the final lich.

On 2020-02-08 at 5:32 PM, o0Despair0o said:

Same way I did it - reflex.

You downed an enemy and out of reflex from grinding murmur before, you press X without thinking. Boom, here's a Lich you don't need.

Yup, that's happened to me as well. It doesn't even need to be from murmur farming, if you're running Cassini, you have two targets that kneel down, one you have to interact with to pick up, the other you must not. It's very easy to zone out after a few runs and accidentally press the button near the wrong target.

It's insane to me that DE designed a system where one stray button press condemns you to hours upon hours of tedious, fruitless grind. They put the "hold to confirm" thing on inconsequential stuff like crafting revolite to make sure you don't do it accidentally but not on this??

jackie-chan-confused-495x307-180x180.png

Relax on the 'git gud pay attention' rhetoric.

I run Cassini to do Larvlings, because when you're running for hours without getting the weapon you want, you tend to want to do them as fast as possible.

In a capture mission, you're used to seeing a red target, you kill said target, press X to capture it. I'm sorry but when you do this hour after hour, you start falling asleep behind the wheel from the utter boredom. All it takes is one time of confusing a Larvling for a capture target and everything goes wrong.

There needs to be a hold to confirm on Larvlings. Adding to that, why does it instantly add the Lich to your profile? If you do mess up, you should have the option to abort the mission and null that selection.

All of that aside, the initial point of this thread was that you can accept Larvlings for other players. Whether I have a Lich or not, I can press X on a Larvling I kill, and someone else in the group who does not have a Lich will be assigned whatever that Larvling becomes.

On 2020-02-08 at 12:29 AM, .A.G said:

Haven't done Liches for a long time, thought I'd finally get back into it with the new changes. Not sure why we gave it a chance when updates are always so broken for the first year after release.

Went into a second mission with the Mrs to get her a Lich, she killed the Larvling and was far away from me, it didn't show her the weapon either, I walked up to it and my character killed it (even though I already have a Lich active now) and she got another stupid Lich with a weapon she already has.

If you're going to release a buggy system, give us the option to remove Liches we never signed up for in the first place.

Now we're stuck wasting a few hours on Liches we don't need.

What elements do the stubbas have? 

I got a riven for that weapon

If its good id like to take that lich from you