Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Atomos Idea

kwlingo

Since the Kuva Nukor is already the buffed up version of base Atomos we cannot just make it have the same Atomos but higher Heat DPS. I had a crazy idea that might be game breaking good. Allow the Kuva Atomos function similar to the alt-fire mode of Ferrox but instead of throwing it onto a surface, make it trigger on the side arm of the frame (combination of Ferrox alt-fire and Atomos). Essentially it becomes a stat-stick allowing frames to run around doing Condition Overload melee combos and CC as enemies get within range. This allows for an active gameplay style and being able to melt enemies asap.

59 minutes ago, kwlingo said:

I had a crazy idea that might be game breaking good.

and that's why it won't happen. also I think DE are done with Kuva weapons now.

1 hour ago, kwlingo said:

Essentially it becomes a stat-stick

useful as they are, I don't think stat-sticks are a method of play DE really want to encourage: they'd rtaher you actually use the weapon itself, rather than just exploit it's benefits. I know it's a common practice, bit I doubt it's something that was ever intended.

1 hour ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

also I think DE are done with Kuva weapons now.

To be honest, I kinda hope not. The fact that there's still only 1 Kuva Melee weapon is odd to me. Not only because of the fact it's a unique weapon (which I don't mind), but its due to how there are so many Melee weapons from the Grineer faction to choose from, and with lots of potential for creativity. But the fact they decided to go for 2 Primaries (which I will admit, the Bramma is something I actually secretly wanted) and a Secondary for the recent additions is strange to me. Just seems like they aren't done with the pool yet, especially considering how they are still changes left to be made. Although I'd imagine that create problems for both Larvling farming and future faction Nemesis in terms of the weapon pool having to match or upstand the previous.

Edited by Scruffel

1 minute ago, Scruffel said:

The fact that there's still only 1 Kuva Melee weapon is odd to me.

to be fair, most of the Grineer melees don't even need a Kuva version: Atterax is top tier still, the Jat Kusar is still strong, the Sydon and dual Cleavers both have variants.. there's only a few that could use the Kuva treatment, and even then they are servicable:

Kuva Jat Kittag? it's still a favorite amongst the unga-bunga community, but I've noticed it falls off quick. plus we already have a Kuva Hammer. Kuva Ripkas could work though, just not sure what the bonus could be. Kuva twin Basolk, or Kuva Twin Krohkur? all of these weapons are still great, and don't need a Kuva version, though they would still be kinda neat for collection and aesthetic purposes. It would be nice to get more, but I'm not going to bank on it; I still have the Bramma and Hind to max out!

9 hours ago, bad4youLT said:

How do youy know that ? I dont recal DE ever saying it.

Correct from a few Dev Streams ago they said they are working on Corpus Liches which means Corpus Lich weapons.

Edited by kwlingo
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Scruffel said:

Although I'd imagine that create problems for both Larvling farming and future faction Nemesis in terms of the weapon pool having to match or upstand the previous.

Given some of the garbage rewards from late starchart missions ("heard you might need VITALITY by the time you reach Sedna!!") I don't think diluting the pool is something they care about.

4 hours ago, tzadquiel said:

its definitely not over. they were talking about adding more faction-themed kuva weapons, and we still need +slash and +puncture bonuses to show up. 

Well yeah, I'm assuming your talking about the Corpus Liches and Infested Liches, which will definitely bring new weapons and possibly the rest of the damage bonuses. However, I'd like to believe those would be separate from the current selection, and possibly even differential in theme as well. Like instead of Kuva, Corpus could be using some new Proxy technology for new types of Android-like units and upgrade their weapon as new dangerous Prototypes, and Infested could further mutate their selves for more deadly cysts and create more Mutalist weapons and Abominations through them. I don't know, having Kuva in everything related in all types of Liches would be kinda weird to me and oversaturate the theme. Although, that does save DE from having to make up some weird explanation on the Requiem mods we'd have to use (or not, since they'd probably make us farm for more types of them either way).

5 hours ago, Scruffel said:

Well yeah, I'm assuming your talking about the Corpus Liches and Infested Liches, which will definitely bring new weapons and possibly the rest of the damage bonuses. However, I'd like to believe those would be separate from the current selection, and possibly even differential in theme as well. Like instead of Kuva, Corpus could be using some new Proxy technology for new types of Android-like units and upgrade their weapon as new dangerous Prototypes, and Infested could further mutate their selves for more deadly cysts and create more Mutalist weapons and Abominations through them. I don't know, having Kuva in everything related in all types of Liches would be kinda weird to me and oversaturate the theme. Although, that does save DE from having to make up some weird explanation on the Requiem mods we'd have to use (or not, since they'd probably make us farm for more types of them either way).

This would be the same as Orokin enemies. They all can be spawned in alliance vs other fractions attack each other.