Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scanning moving targets

(PSN)northern_rebal

Question

I've been doing scans for Cephalo Simaris and I was using a trap, and then scanning. Repeat until full scan taken (some take 4 scans).  I did that during another mission and someone on the squad asked me not to use traps.  I asked why, but they didn't respond.

I tried doing a scan today, and without using a trap, I just don't see how it can be done.  Can a target be scanned without trapping? Is there a "right" way to scan?

10 answers to this question

26 minutes ago, GibsonPrime said:

They might have been trying to unlock a riven?

"Synthesize a Simaris target without using traps or abilities while having a Hobbled Dragon Key equipped."

Otherwise, no idea.

If that's the case they should have been solo to do the riven. 

No reason at all to not use traps, I farmed a ton of simaris standing and unless invis as Ivara I almost always use traps, public included. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, (PS4)northern_rebal said:

I've been doing scans for Cephalo Simaris and I was using a trap, and then scanning. Repeat until full scan taken (some take 4 scans).  I did that during another mission and someone on the squad asked me not to use traps.  I asked why, but they didn't respond.

I tried doing a scan today, and without using a trap, I just don't see how it can be done.  Can a target be scanned without trapping? Is there a "right" way to scan?

Use an invis frame. Easy mode. I use Loki Prime and never use a trap.

A lot of enemies won't move even after the first scan. Others will move, but you simply line the enemy up so that it runs straight at or away from you, so you can do a scan.

As others have responded, the player may have had a riven to unlock. I agree with the others in that the player should have been doing the mission solo, (I always do when unlocking a scan challenge riven).

Have fun and may RNG be forever in your favor.

If you have a tanky frame then you can scan in moments when target attacks you or stops to change direction of run.
Most common case of scanning is with using a trap. After some practice you might do it with one trap for all 4 scans per target.

Edited by Gabranth2

5 hours ago, (PS4)northern_rebal said:

use a weapon with cold damage, it will slow down the target a lot giving u a good window to scan