The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let's just solve the Chroma problem here and now.

(PSN)Black-Cat-Jinx

Why? Well. It'll effect the eidolon hunting meta if we don't address it. And really this should have been part of the frame's skill set from the beginning.

How to fix vex armor not being effected by self harm spanking your self to glory......

Vex Armor. Tap to cast. Holding cast button will now charge Chroma's vex armor by consuming energy to self immolate, creating burning effects all over Chroma's body effected by energy color. The energy converted to fire causes damage first to Chroma's shields, next to Chroma's health (similar to what Inaros does) in the process exchanging energy, health, and shields, to charge the vex armor manually. (This can result in killing your self if you aren't paying attention, unlike Inaros it doesn't stop when it reaches max charge, you can consume 100% of your health and die.)

While you are charging your frame's vex armor, you cannot move, and there is an animation for beginning the charge process, and ending it, which means if you do this while exposed to enemy fire, you are probably going to get killed, making it something you will want to choose your time and place for.

This eliminates the need for self harm weapons... Basically we need to let Chroma "Goku scream". No i didn't take inspiration from DBZ for this but as i was writing it it just made me think of the Z fighters surrounding them selves in waves of flaming body odor every time they power up.

18 minutes ago, (NSW)lord-yharim said:

The self damage change doesn’t effect chroma that much your gonna be hit by the eidolon anyways 

Exactly. Honestly thou, FROCK the Chroma don-busting meta. He can go burn in a dumpster for hogging the go-to eidolon turret buster spot. Let Oberon,Octavia, Rhino and other frames who can do huge buff effects get a turn. Heck even Ember deserves it since just like Oberon & Volt, she can pop a chunky damage buff thru an augment, with a chunky duration base an like Oberon`s Smite infusion & Rhino`s Roar, she can reach some durable numbers also now too.

I mean if you already are using:

1. Riven mod
  2. Shot combo bonus for Rubico or Lanka
  3. Volt shield buff and Volt shock trooper buff also.
  4. AAAAAND, Madurai Void strike or Unairu wisp.
  5. AND, Harrow fixed crit buff once people realized Quick escape on K-drives were a thing to let power Harrow be more desired.

Even just 3 of those alone are honestly a good chunk of overkill if your just some person who wants to gun for a one shot on a limb. There is a good reason i hate people doing a tridolon past the first capture set and then doing that 3 or more instances in a period of less then 50 minutes afterwards, cause such a thing was allowed un-check for people to abuse in some way. Funny how the new event has basically been teased that it will have arcanes in a point exchange based on how they mentioned that bit for the next operational event, Which even if its temporary, is likely going to get utterly farmed more viciously then Plague star and further kill off the reason on wanting to sell arcanes in the market chat. Well, unless we get dog days level of currency exchange prices for single items.

Anyway i hope with how the list was looking between the changes to armor on enemies being a whole lot less at higher levels(praise if it affects eidolon & kuva lich D.R. too), Self damage finally being removed for something more enjoyable and others i need to do a few more read overs to get a better idea of...Im just hoping it leads to them also updating the profit taker & eidolon fights to make them less tedious messes and the need for a ridiculous number of stacking interactions of retarded buffs are not needed to deal with them.

Edited by Avienas

3 minutes ago, Avienas said:

the Chroma don-busting meta.

As if Eidolons should only be fought by Volt's with a Harrow support... not that only using Chroma or Volt as damage dealer was really any better. Never been a fan of Eidolons for that reason. Why make an entire enemy gameplay loop for only 2 out of 40 some odd characters to use? Matter of perspective, I guess.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, (PS4)Black-Cat-Jinx said:

consuming energy to self immolate

I like the idea.. and it's certainly a better use of Chroma's energy than his other 3 abilities. ...though.. Being good for Vex armor alone, and re-enforcing that is a bit dubious. Not to mention, to what extent will that damage scale? You could potentially burn an entire energy meter for what might only give you some 20% additional damage for all we know. How much damage that deals Chroma is up to DE at this point. Might want to suggest How Much damage or bonus you get, else get something woefully underwhelming.

2 minutes ago, kapn655321 said:

I like the idea.. and it's certainly a better use of Chroma's energy than his other 3 abilities. ...though.. Being good for Vex armor alone, and re-enforcing that is a bit dubious. Not to mention, to what extent will that damage scale? You could potentially burn an entire energy meter for what might only give you some 20% additional damage for all we know. How much damage that deals Chroma is up to DE at this point. Might want to suggest How Much damage or bonus you get, else get something woefully underwhelming.

I've read comments and i can tell people don't like the idea so i digress.

But I did not imagine you burning your entire energy bar, because that would make it hard to use other skills, I want it to be over all easy for you to kill your self if you don't pay attention so maybe about a quarter to a third of your energy total. I want the real danger of using this to be that you can easily kill your self with it if you're not careful, rather than it burning up all your energy because as mentioned, you can charge vex armor the old fashion way it just takes longer.

49 minutes ago, lukinu_u said:

Or just let Vex Armor charging when taking damage... you know... as it was intended to be.

This change would also give more room for other Eidolons strategy, which is a more than welcome change. There is no problems here.

Some nuts are just impatient, why do you think it got pushed to 4 to maybe even 6 tridolons per session? Still, its going to be the same thing like usual with Eidolons, speed run the fk outta them until D.E. just straight up adds a enrage mechanic if you overkill too much on the limbs and deal with the eidolon getting crazy for a moment to punish overstacking abuse.

But honestly that is likely too much work that i can`t expect D.E. to do, so it should honestly just have 1 tridolon per session cap on players to make people focus more on builds to survive the fight, then builds to mach rush it, They could easily just double the loot gain outside of arcanes to compensate if D.E. is fearful of the backlack of nerfing a farm. Since once again, D.E. apparently is going to make arcanes more accessable on top of the scarlet spear event going to be dolling them out to compensate for the fact we will be able to get 2 more ranks worth on arcane bonus values(aka a 1.5x compared to its rank 3 counterpart).

Edited by Avienas

4 hours ago, (PS4)Black-Cat-Jinx said:

But I did not imagine you burning your entire energy bar, because that would make it hard to use other skills

Ideally not, surely.. though if you look at Chroma's kit... what else are you gonna spend that energy on? =/ His spectral scream? That'd be a clear choice.. stack Vex to the moon, or at least as far as possible.. and ignore the rest of the kit, maaaaybe using elemental ward if it's appropriate.

I feel like you had a good idea, whether or not it could use some tweaking.

2 hours ago, OmegaDonut said:

Maybe it’s time to rework him?  Just a thought.  

To be honest i would not mind this, He suffers from the same plague as old Titania, one overly powerful ability and the rest not really standing out that much...

though technically his 1 and 4 might as well not exist and his 2 needs to be designed better. I may like the whole elemental thing of colors gives him different buffs for everlasting ward but lets honestly just remove that gag and make it something simple such as:

1. A general catch all buff with everlasting ward that does not rely on his energy color to deign what extra effect gets.
  2. Since D.E. just LOVES tool-box abilities, lets just have him be able to tap and hold his 2 to let him switch between Heat, Toxin, Cold & Electric which would augment his 1 and 4 with different elemental damage types on top of deciding what his DoT aura with the ward would be.
  3. Get rid of this gag where X effect deigns which buff he gets, most do not even care about what most of the everlasting ward buffs are so they could just be consolidated into a health or D.R. effect for himself while dolling out a health regen aura for allies, to keep it simple.
  4. Oh plus maybe make it when Chroma uses his 1  while his 4 is active it will just have the skin just cause a blast of whatever element effect its at right now at the spot with maybe high status proc & elemental tick effect for whatever was hit by it. Make it feel synergistic since who doesn't love `pet` abilities with some innate command control, since we all know that effigy augment is just another band-aid gimmick.

Anyway that is just my poke at making Chroma feel a little more special, then just hyper artillery boi. Make the 1 and 4 have something to make it better and make the 2 feel more like a simplified support effect then having to jump thru hoops in arsenal for specific buffs. Honestly if it wasn`t for the fact that Chroma relies on taking damage to use Vex armor, i would say just cram the defensive part on the ward and let Vex armor be Chroma`s straight up damage buff, but someone might cry if that were to happen i guess.

Edited by Avienas

People keep saying his kit is useless... His scream is trash sure. his four is kinda... bleh... cause it burns energy too use for it's intended function. Ward however has it's uses.... He is one of the few frames in the game that can buff reload speed and at high power that buff is significant if you use green energy...

To explain, reload speed is one of the few "hard" dps caps of the game. no matter how fast you burn through your magazine, you still have to reload it. and most people can't fit reload speed mods in among their mandatory mods. This is somewhat addressed with certain perks that reload weaons while holstered if you just keep switching back and forth but yeah, chroma, i think gauss, a few others, but there's very very few frames that increase reload speed and thats intentional because it's one of the few unavoidable dps control systems. 

Incidentally, this is why I hate "defiance" mechanics in video games. The moment you introduce increasing player buffs the lower their health is, you're incentivising players to deliberately hurt themselves for the buff. It's always a stupid mechanic that involves people jumping off cliffs, setting themselves on fire deliberately getting themselves shot. I'm of the opinion that Chroma simply needs a different way to scale the effects of his abilities.