Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Call for Warframe Theme Ideas!

[DE]Helen

There really are a lot of good themes here that i would like to see in the game.  My theme is about a dimensional summoner frame at first i thought it would be too similar to wisp but i was thinking about a more dark and terrifying frame that could summon minnions (monsters) from another dimensions like completly terrifying with tentacles or mouths and teeth and eyes. It could open little portals where parts of the creatures came out or even a small creature (to summon as "minion") and it could create a cataclysm like bubble to send the enemys to the other the dimension to being eaten by the creature or bring the entire gigantic creature from the other dimension idk

I'm thinking maybe like a Forge/Weaponmaster themed frame. Like one whose based around the idea of creating an exalted weapon. Since abilities aren't being looked at right now I'll spare the details of that but lore-wise maybe they're the frame that like, gave other frames their Exalted Weapon or is the frame that sparked the idea of giving certain frames a specialized weapon just for them. If the forge idea is chosen maybe they can also have some sort of molten metal theme to them. I'm incredibly excited to see what gets picked whether it's mine or not either way, this is gonna be fun.

Though I like somes idea called Bastion, I would also really like to see a ghost themed warframe a twin to Nekros. For example you could call them Phantasia their main movement animation will be simular to Wisp(also a ghost themed warframe) Phantasia's first ability will allow them to pull the spirits of her enemies out of their body adding the health to her shield, this will lead into her second ability and passive so with her passive any enemies affected by her first or killed by her ragdolls well the bodies anyway and remain for 15 seconds which when aiming at with her second she possess them using their weapons it also acts as invisibility as the enemies won't attack you but it will deplete energy at the same rate as Ivara's third ability, you can use it with out using her first but it locks you and the enemy your possessing in an animation for 5 seconds where you can still take damage. Let's call the possessed body the host, well once energy is depleted or you use another ability you are ejected with no shield. Right her the ability is where she creates a portal where any enemy that gets in a 6 metre range gets pulled through by ghostly tentacles doing 80 dps for 20 seconds at base, where if Phantasia and allies go through it the same effect is of limbos passive where he leaves a void portal or in other words for a certian amount of time allies and Phantasia is displaced in another realm unaffected by enemy attacks(duration 20 seconds). Finally her fourth ability allows her to fully heal or revive down allies in a 20 metre radius whilst causing all enemies to run away in fear increasing damage dealt to enemies for 30 seconds.

First ability will have a 15 second cooldown, second a 25 second cooldown down, third a 8 second cooldown and finally her fourth will have a 40 second cooldown. Phantasia's signature weapon will be a scythe whi ch has a long curved blade attached to the handle by a skull with an attack speed similar to that of the ether reaper, it will also have the same damage, it also has an alt fire where when holding circle(yes it is a melee or you could make it a primary where it is a semi auto where when swung it fires long arcing beams of energy like excalubers fourth then the alt would be holding R2 on ps4 or the corrisponding button on xbox, pc and switch) it will fire a sphere of energy that deals blast+toxin damage which increases in damage for each kill(5 max), when weilded by Phantasia herself it gains a 20% attack speed.

Hi DE.
I want to share my idea of warframe.
My idea is a warframe parasite or a ghost. The main ability will be the abduction of bodies (all enemy NPCs except bosses) with the ability to completely control them. There are two options for appearance, one option for PvE missions with an unstable physical shell, something like smoke with pieces of scuffed armor. The second option for PvP with a physical body. A warf dies if a captured mob is killed, so before dying it will be a short time to jump to another NPC or leave it, but at the same time, life / armor indicators are quite low since the body is unstable. In the NPS, respectively, the indicators are higher and depend on the captured NPS and all 4 abilities are unlocked, for example, telekinesis or something like that. And in your usual body, limit it to 2, invisibility and catching, for example. Warframe don't have weapon on a mission. Just weapon of NPC or something like this.

I hope you enjoy my idea.

A Warframe that is like a mole and attacks the enemys above the ground.

1. Down; Digging into the Ground to take less damage
  2. Dig;     Take an enemy and put him underground for life regeneration
  3. Pit;      Casts a pit where enemys fall in and take damage over time
  4. Up;      Jumps out of the ground and puts surrounding enemys under the ground, enemys that was before under ground will cast spikes that damage other enemys above ground

Passive; The more enemys are undergorund the more armor he gets.

His name would be Undertaker.

A warframe on all fours like a beast or monster like a more savage valkyr essentially with damage and speed can eat enemies or and insecticide or arachnid frame that's is stealthy but can scale walls make traps and a a silent or invisiblety. Really I just want a frame the isnt just on two legs I want a 4 or more legs creature of nightmares 

A lone wolf warframe! A warframe that was separated from the rest of the warframes and was “raised by wolfs”. Theme would be a hunter and a wolf. I think it would be awesome if it’s forth power would summon wolf-like spirits that  destroy the enemy’s around them. 

I'm thinking a nanite/liquid metal themed warframe. Able to manipulate its own form, defenses, weaponary, things like that. Maybe a form change ability? Switch between a tank, a agile fighter, and a base mode that provides an equilibrium. Maybe an ability like Baruuks Elude? Though at the cost of a higher energy drain you regain health from being shot?

A Warframe around the theme of ultimate adaptation, mimicry, deception to defeat enemies. An aggressive stealth frame in a way, "hidden in plane sight" so to speak. Maybe even with abilities that go into possession/controlling of enemies and not only mimicking foes but even allies/other warframes to a certain extent.

Edit: Now that I think of it, to be clearer, I am thinking about an even more ... drastic, aggressive version of Nyx. A Warframe that can not only change its appearance/form but also its characteristics and with that their abilities to a certain extent.  

I'd like to see a Doll Frame, capable of dismantle himself/herself and stealing body parts (leg, chest, arms) from foes, gaining for a period of time or until cancelled, stats/abilities based on faction or the unit type.
I think the theme could be called: What doesn't kill me, make me stronger.

Regards and best of lucks everyone!

I would love to see a Frame that has a lot of depth to his abilities. I know this thread is all about the Concept but just talking About the Concept without talking about potential abilities makes a Frame sound way less interesting imo and doesnt really convey the idea behind it.

And since this is the second community based Frame having a Frame that is special in a way would be nice.

This Concept isn't original. A lot of other People talked About it before but a war/fighter/battlefield themed Frame could be really cool.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Bellum" was an orokin soldier who fought during the old war agains the sentients. She was one of the unfortunate test subjects to undergo the infested Mutation into a warframe during Ballas's Experiments with the Helminth strain. 

Her human side still hears the echos and screams of her fallen friends and comrades during the old war that manifests in her ability to summon vague replicas of them from her memory to fight by her side.

She uses a long lost Relic as an exaulted weapon that can change shape depending on the wearers will. This weapon was build by the orokin in belief that different fighting stiles might help overcome the sentients quick adaptation towards certains weapons.

Energy: 300

Health: 740

Armor: 300

Shield: 300

Sprint: 1.1

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With your 4 "Versatile Relic" you will be able to cycle between 3 different exalted weapons. (Sword&Shield, Polearm/Lance and a Gunblade)

Each weapon-type will Change your passive. Performing a slide attack has a unique effect for each weapon but will consume 10 mana / use.

Sword&Shield : Taunt enemies within 10 meters for 6 seconds.

Polearm : Just a normal slide attack but during the slide your Polearm will have a 60% increased range and 20% more dmg. 

Gunblade : Charges a deadly shot dealing 200% dmg and giving your weapon a flat 60% status and crit chance/dmg boost for the next Basic ranged attack.

"Versatile Weapon" lorewise is just one orokin weapon (3k Mastery) that can change its shape depending on the wearers will.

You will be able to mod each weapon independently though so you can choose when to go for a Status/crit or hybrid build.

The Sword&Shield will be your defensive weapon.

The Polearm is your offensive choice with more range than the Sword&Shield.

The Gunblade will be your ranged Option in situations where you dont want to fight the enemy close range.

Your 1 "Support" will summon a Phalanx of 5 Ghost-soldiers in front of you that can attack enemies who will be using  your currently equipped exaulted weapon type.

Enemies can not walk through the Phalanx similar to Atlas's wall.The ability lasts for 45 seconds.

Depending on your weapon the Phalanx will give certain Benefits.

Sword&Shield : The Phalanx will block projectiles behind it.

Polearm : Enemies in a 8 meter cone in front of the Phalanx will be dealt 1 slash proc/second. (slash procs deal 30% of your Polearms max dmg as slash dmg)

Gunblade :The Phalanx will shoot a basic ranged attack with your Gunblade (mods included in the dmg) every 3 seconds in a 15 meter cone in front of it.

Your 2 "Tactical Advantage" will let you command/move your Phalanx to a different Position by Pressing it and lets you dash towards it by Holding the key.

Dashing towards your Phalanx will grant you a small buff based on the weapon type and knock back every enemy within 10 meters of your Phalanx.

Allies who are within 15 meters of your Phalanx will also get the buff when you dash towards it.

Your Sword&Shield  will give you a 30% Damage reduction buff for 10 seconds. During the Duration you will also Regenerate 10% max. Health / second.

Your Polearm will increase your Damage by 20% for 15 seconds and will also increase your exaulted weapons range by 2 meters for that Duration. Range increase will be granted for all exaulted weapons for the buffs Duration.

Your Gunblade will give you 40% evasion for 10 seconds.

Your 3 "Strategy Shift" will break up the Phalanx and make your Soldiers walk around autonomously similar to Nekros's 4.

While not in Phalanx-Mode the dmg Output is higher but does not allow you to dash towards your Phalanx thus not being able to get the buffs and knockback.(To make it slightly balanced)

Can be recast on a specific loaction to go back to Phalanx-Mode at that location.(So you can choose where to knockback enemies once you dash towards your Phalanx)

While your Soldiers are autonomous they will also perform the special ability on your Slide attacks.(Your Phalanx wont)

Your Passive will also vary based on your current exaulted weapon type.

Sword&Shield : +400 Armor and 400 Health

Polearm : 30% Attack Speed and +1 Meter Range

Gunblade : 20% Movespeed and 20% Bullet Jump velocity, Roll distance, Aim Glide duration, and Wall Latch duration. (To increase the ranged/gunslinger like playstyle)

This is an idea I had tossed out before:

New frame proposal:

Evvol, the shapeshifter

Shapeshifting as a technology for warframes already exists within game with such frames as titania, nidus, equinox, etc.  but it does not exist as a thematic design for a warframe. Equinox thematically is the closest, but even then equinox is more about 2 opposing forces, yin/yang, night day, coming together to coalesce rather than being a tried and true shape shifter.

As a top down function concept this frame is a jack of all trades frame, it has a wide variety of abilities but none of them should ever exceed the utility of another frame that does the same thing.  that is the main drawback, it can do lots of stuff, but not as well as other frames. 

Why play this frame:  it will allow you to instantly walk into any pug and fill any gaps in the roster and be able to synergize with whatever the group needs on the fly, it will also allow you to solo any mission type without needing to change frames unless you choose to.  Additionally, this frame will be challenging to master given how many permutations there are to play with, which gives it lots of variation and engagement in play style. Why not to play this frame: it isn't as good as other frames at any one thing, mod builds and load outs need to be carefully considered to balance between types, or alternately, focus on one main type to enhance it, thereby not benefiting the others.  Additionally other frames aren't as "limited" in the sense of their segmentation, in the sense that they can have richer defined roles, where as the strength is that this frame doesn't have a well defined role, but rather, shifts between roles as needed. The design concept is strictly to create a meta for the "utility" role, it does all the stuff you would "need" but not necessarily all the stuff you might "want".

Visual design note: Much like the T1000, this waframe doesn't seem to have an explicit gender regardless of it's current form (ie, not hyper masculine/feminine) and instead should have a more alien like/inhuman appearance than usual.  I also envision it having an innate ephemera that makes it look like it's distorting that can be stacked with other ephemeras(this might be slotted into aux in case someone doesn't like it). In appearance this might be an invisible color and frame sized version of the warp effect from the dojo decoration "large gravity well".  I'm also seeing notions of sentient design elements here similar to the limbo deluxe. parts might drop from a sentient boss of some kind after a story arc.

Challenge:  this warframe will be even more difficult to do for deluxe skins and tennogen for because of the variety of shapes it can take.  I also imagine it will likely need a bunch more animations. I would suggest that the "animation set" be fairly generic since it will need to work well with several silhouettes.

Core design concept:

health/energy/move speed/shields: these should be very mediocre. maybe 110, 100, 1, 90

Passive:  slow health regen (maybe 1/3 what nidus has) and additional passive boons based on form from the 2 ability.  this frame comes with no polarities and it should have all builds forma'd separately for additional investment required for greater diversity.

1) this ability toggles between exalted melee, exalted secondary, and exalted  primary, each separately modable and a cast is with a "hold 1". the exact animation appearance could/would/should shift based on the warframe form from the 2, but it wouldn't expressly need to.  additionally, depending on variance of 3 and 4, these abilities could be tweaked differently in terms of stats depending on the form of the 2, but this should not include changes in crit damage/chance or status chance, but rather for ancillary attributes like cast time and raw damage.  The ability has no cost to use, and all weapon animations should appear as if they are part of the body of the warframe (such as by being a sword extended from their arm, or maybe an eye laser or whatnot). when held the ability can be "channeled" ie, holding it down while weilding a sword type thing would result in consecutive attacks.  Damage type is void, and if different animations are used between different forms for the 1, they could also apply differently (ie, you could make a primary that is a cone and another that is an aoe blast, etc. all subject to balancing between types. ammo for these weapons will regen similar to archwing weapons. Because quick melee is a thing, it's probably best to bind melee to one arm and primary/secondary to the other.  this should be a full body cast animation.

2) this ability alters the 3 and 4 of the kit and the appearance of the frame.  It is a toggle ability allowing a selection between the following types: (default load in is tank)

A) tank

B) support

C) stealth

D) Caster Dps

or if you prefer: figher, cleric, rogue, mage.  my belief is that these should cycle in this order for balance purposes.

While we could add additional types, I think doing so would add too much utility to the frame.  this cast has a second long animation and alters the visual design of the frame and additional passive bonuses.  it does have a minimal cast cost, and yes, you must cycle through them however, it will shift into the form that is currently selected at the end of the second, meaning additional cast time reduction could/would/should result in additional casts/costs. When shifting  forms health and energy does not increase to compensate, only max capacity can alter, any excess energy and health over current cap is lost.

3&4 varies based on 2 form:

A) 

passive:  +110 health, +80 shields +100 armor to base

3) raw armor bonus that scales similarly to iron skin but less effective

4)hold to cast, 30% damage reduction of 1  toggleable combined damage type and a self damage buff (of the resisted damage type) of 15% across all damage (exalted and equipped weapons)

possible frame and exalted weapon themes: should appear armored and thick, gears of war/dark souls level armor.  battle axe hand, grenade launcher arm primary, shotgun hand secondary

B) 

passive: +50 armor base +120 energy base, +20 to shields

3) Pbaoe moderate heal at moderate range (about 1/2 affinity), moderate energy cost

4) Team buff (moderate, maybe 15%) to all attack speed at similar range, moderate  energy cost

possible frame and exalted weapon themes: lightly armored, mid body build, mace hand that changes to shield when blocking, primary is an eye ray of energy color, secondary is a hand ray of energy color with guaranteed cold proc.

C)  

passive: all exalted weapons receive  80% hush, +30% to all exalted base damage, +50 energy  to base, additional movement speed

3) invisibility  similar to ash in  terms of duration/cost

4) performs finisher at close range to a single target with exalted melee (about 2/3 range of ash's bladestorm), moderate cost

possible frame and exalted weapon themes: melee is spike similar to kuva/hacking data spike from the hand, primary is sniper rifle arm, pistol hand secondary, frame is styled as unarmored and stripped down for stealth (not having additional frills, all tight fighting)

D)

Passive: +180 to energy base, passive health regen replaced by passive energy regen at same rate, +60% base damage to exalted primary (however, exalted primary must be cast on the ground and also restricts mobility but follows aim), -20 to base health, +40 to base shields

3) translocation: a short fast dash forward to aim that can only be cast on the ground, leaves a short shimmer pattern of the frame behind it as it moves during which it gains damage reduction as if it were bullet jumping, leaves a ground trail similar to nezha's of energy color flame on the ground for minimal damage. minimal cost, should operate more as a dodge or gap closer than a primary mobility use.

4) big bomb from the sky aoe: similar to vauban's orbital strike or ember's new WoF but quick cast for less damage, high energy cost, can be held for repeat casts in quick succession, for massive energy cost, (ie, won't work indefinitely regardless of mods).  leaves behind an aoe damage mark on the floor for x duration and has a guaranteed blast proc.

possible frame and exalted weapon themes: frame should be flowing gown sort of design (mage robes).  melee is a simple unarmed attack that has energy color to it. primary is a two handed haduken with energy color.  secondary is a magic missile type spell: always hits target, slow moving, will Track them (like bonus head shots from pax seeker, but without landing headshots, multishot should spawn additional missiles visually), if no target is aimed at with the scan, it will land at that point of aim with line of sight range, but can damage any target that is in it's path, at which point it dissipates.

I think it might be good to focus the primary exalt on status, the secondary on crit and the melee on hybrid build set ups for balancing.

Additionally some thoughts on augments:

being that each frame gets 4 augments, and he has 4 forms, it might make sense to have each augment specifically buff up 1 of each form for specialization, making them slightly stronger in that category in a way that is meaningful for that category.

As an example:

augment 1) while in mode A player gains 40+10/lv to base armor.  

augment 2) while in mode B player gains a slow field effect in 10m radius that reduces enemy movement and attack speed at the cost of -20 max energy in this mode

augment 3)while in mode c invisibility ability duration increase 10+10%/lv. 1+1/lv seconds to hacking, 10% flat chance to  open locked lockers. +10% toxin damage to exalted melee in mode C

augment 4) while in mode D cast and animation speed bonus of  10+10%/lv

A wild hunter warframe theme that has lost his ties with operator and gone missing after old war could be nice. This warframe has the essence of the one of the legendary eidolon's and learned  to use it somehow. He is brutal in combat.He has basic but effective methods in his core gameplay which builds despair and terror in his  enemies. After a reaching milestone in this extra mechanic he lost his control to eidolon spirit and became much powerful and destructive in a cost of weakness of this catharsis.

An idea of mine that was inspired by Darvo, Maroo and even the Merchant from Resident Evil 4.

My Warframe theme is Buying and Selling.

Introducing Mercurius; The Merchant, The Broker, The Master of Numbers.

A Warframe who was built around the idea of controlling and managing the flow of commerce in its entirety. He was created by the Orokin to manage their expansive market, overseeing the trade of their finest goods and transactions, procuring and even stealing the things they required, all while ensuring their empires lesser inhabitants were sufficiently stocked with what they needed to get the job done. However Mercurius soon rebelled against his creators and their elitist nature, re-routing resources and stocks typically reserved for the upper echelons of Orokin society and selling them off to lesser, stagnating communities across the Origin System. Now working to further the Tenno cause, Mercurius uses his far reaching network to play the Market, rig the numbers and scour the Underworld Market to make sure their enemies lose everything and the Tenno gain everything in return. 

His name is the latin name for the Roman god Mercury, the god of financial gain, commerce and even thieves. 

I know abilities aren't a consideration at this point but for this Warframe I pictured his play style revolving around picking up unused ammo, health, energy etc and selling it off for a unique spending resource that he could use to purchase Mercenaries to drop in and assist players, a drop in health or energy station, just things like that. 

Anyways, that's my submission! Thank you to all who took the time to read this, I greatly enjoyed reading all of your ideas and I wish you all the best of luck in the selection process!

A "Sniper" themed frame, with an Exalted Sniper Rifle. Could also function as a "Primary Weapon" frame, with abilities that buff primary weapons, but are the strongest on their Exalted Rifle. Deploying their Exalted Sniper Rifle would make them immobile, but they'd gain the ability to shoot through walls and maybe they could have a cover shield (similar to Garuda's Dread Mirror) as a defensive measure. Their passive would be the ability to see nearby enemies through walls, which would get a range boost when their Rifle was deployed. When not using their rifle, they would be fast and stealthy but very squishy, with the idea being that the player would want to rush from vantage point to vantage point, as a given battle evolves. 

Warframe Concept

Note* all names and numbers are placeholders

Codename: Cimmeria(n)

Passive: able to dual wield heavy melee weapons at the cost of no primary firearm and 15-30% reduced melee damage [no duplicate weapons though. i.e. No dual galatine prime. Duplicate rule does not apply to weapon skins]

Lore

As with most conflicts, Humanity as a whole does not think first. Instinct tells us to hit first, think later. And so it was that while Excalibur was the first COMPLETED Warframe, Cimmeria(n) was the true first. Nothing more than a theoretical prototype until recently, the savagery in her(his) design is evident. 

i like strength classes and enjoy being like juggernaut, hulk and Wolverine all wrapped into one as much as possible. I personally don’t like using most of the primary firearms of this game (relegating myself to snipers, bows or the opticor more time then not) so to see a frame focused on melee over ranged would tickle me pink

So my idea is simple yet I think something that’s been missing in the Warframe lineup. 

We all know Excalibur. He’s great, he controls light, he makes a sword, dude is dope....

but what about a hammer?

Meet Mjolnir, a heavy warframe that specializes in the usage of hammers. Created to deal with the Corpus, Mjolnir uses the power of friction and static electricity to create devastating blows to the enemy. And if that doesn’t work? He has an exalted hammer! I’m thinking a high energy, high armor, low health type dude who’s got some solid crowd control, and can even come with a passive that boosts the usage of hammers (either damage or attack speed). His powers would include a buff that gives him a static aura, damaging nearby foes, an ability where he can call lightning to where he is and do a small radial attack, an ability where he imbues all physical attacks with electricity for a short period of time. And an ultimate that summons....yup...his exalted hammer.

Mjolnir isn’t fancy or flashy. He’s actually quite basic. But I think this would bring a lot of attention to hammers and being a new appreciation for melee gameplay like the way Excalibur does for swords. I think he’s a simple idea with a TON of potential, just pick him and see how people gravitate towards it. There are tons of ability and design ideas that I haven’t even thought of that I know others could throw in. 

So pick this dude. 

Mjolnir! To Warframe!

Archived