Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Call for Warframe Theme Ideas!

[DE]Helen

Warframe Idea Lyss:

Lore:

• Name based on greek goddess of rage & madness Lyssa.
  • The frame is based on rage and thirst for revenge. Due torturing the Tenno, controlling the Frame, developed a huge rage against the Grineer and his former comrades, who left him behind for saving theirselfs. His thirst for revenge intensifies his aggressive behavior. Tortured with fire and steel he only knows the feeling of pain, misery and hate. After learning to control these feelings he stood up against his tormentors by using the fire they ignited withing him. Now the fire and his thirst of revenge consumes him as he hunts down the Grineer and those who left their comrades behind, to serve his own way of justice.

Gameplay:

• The Warframe uses firebased and man to man combat abilities.
  • Getting stronger (e. g. increasing ability strength) when taking damage.
  • Can hurt himself by using his abilities to increase his devastating power.

Design:

• Partly armored
  • By decreasing health ignites and starts to burn at several bodyparts

A "scrap" aesthetic frame with a "rogue-like" element to their gameplan, using item pickups to power their abilities. The overarching theme would be "resourcefulness", from the frame's creation all the way into their style of combat, using the resources around them to overcome greater threats in the same way their creators did in order to build the frame in the first place..

Personally, I would love a blade master warframe. It's abilities would use your melee weapon and the mods you had equipped for it. The purpose of the frames abilities would be to enhance the power of your melee weapon. EG: one ability could slam your melee into the ground dealing the strength of one heavy attack from your melee weapon, affected by melee mods, power strength, range etc and the combo counter (without draining it). Abilities could range from launching your melee at enemies to anything you can think involving your melee weapon. The frames lore would be about being used as an ultimate weapon for the orokin, being able to handle any weapon and maximise its value to slaughter anyone in the way of the orokin empire. It would be called OBLIVION - the blade master.

My idea would be a warframe based about chains not like harrow but similar the 1 would be that the user uses his or her chains to pierce throug enemys and stun them that way and if used on a surface the user puls himself towards that surface  2 would be for movement that the user uses the chains to like dash in one way and if enemys are in the way he pierces them and takes them with him 3the user puts the chains on his body and boosts it shields and makes him imune to most status and stun efects but the movement speed is decreased so now 4 the user uses his chains like his 2 but with much more movement control and more dmg sorry for writing so much i would be very happy if someone likes my idea i hope it will be taken but well see

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Inf3xtious said:

I feel like a mimic themed warfarme would be awesome, as well as very diverse in builds. Like what components you use to build said frame determines the abilities. So if you use a built ember sytems in mimics system bp, you get fireball ability. Same for the warframe bp, if you put a mesa bp in, youd get peacmaker, etc.

I love this idea. I just made a similar post. Would add so much replay value coming up with endless combinations of abilities. 

I've had this idea rolling around in the back of my mind since Vauban received his Citadel Deluxe skin. So let me tell you a small story.

In the old Orokin empire the rule of law was paramount to the order their leaders held and it would be enforced by their most zealous and mighty of weapons. Clad in thick plates that even the truest attack he carried out the orders of his masters with a zeal and fury of a sworn protector of the Orokin empire. And his name was Teuton the Paladin warframe.

Passive ability; Stalwart Momentum: Teuton has a Stalwart meter, similar to Baruuk's Restraint meter, that as it is filled provides up to +50% of Teuton's base armor value and up to -50% condition duration on allies to warframes within affinity range.

First ability; Breakthrough: Teuton summons his Kite shield and rushes his enemies. The ones struck by his rush are dyed in his energy and their vitality heals the one to slay them. Functionally it works similar to Rhino's Charge but instead of ragdolling, the enemies are just knocked down and gain an aura effect that if they die while under it are X% more likely to drop a health orb. Charge distance is affected by power duration and health orb chance is effected by power strength. Striking enemies with this skill also adds to the Stalwart meter.

Second ability; Aura of Victory: Teuton bathes his allies in his zeal, providing the benefits of his vitality and fury to allies who fight beside him. This is a channel aura of 10 meters that first drains from energy but when energy is empty it drains from the Stalwart meter. It provides +XXhealth regen/second and +X% damage boost for Warframes within range. Of course effected by all power modifiers and also energy/meter drain increases with the number of frames effected by the buff.

Third ability; Hall of Judgement: Teuton consecrates the aria around him to fulfill his duty as Judge, Jury and Executioner. A ground target effect similar to Oberon's Hallowed Ground or Gauss' Thermal Sunder but is square in shape. Enemies inside the consecrated zone have -X% armor/shield and deal -X% damage to warframes inside the zone. Enemies slain inside the zone add to the Stalwart meter. And of course, effected by all power modifiers.

Forth ability; Sentence and Punishment: Teuton equips his symbol of authority, his kite shield Sentence and his mace Punishment. He gets an exalted sword and shield(except it looks like a mace) that does only does Impact damage. Stance; Zealous Fury: Shield bashes and heavy blows, the stance itself is kind of a hybrid idea between Gaia's Tragedy Final Harbiger with methodical sword(mace) swings and punches with the shield like a fist weapon. and While casting this ability requires energy, maintaining it requires Stalwart Momentum and having the weapon out drains the meter until its empty, Enemies struck by Breakthrough or killed inside of the Hall of Judgement add +1.5x their normal amount to the Stalwart meter.

When the Citadel Deluxe skin came out I made it as dark as possible, than a week later I made it as shiny and metalic as possible and my Vaubon now looks like a Paladin but he really isn't one. And so I was thinkin about how a Paladin would work into Warframe and this is what I came up with. A loyal enforcer of the laws of the Orokin with a direction of aria control and party support.

(First off, I understand that we are not talking powers yet, but I felt the need to list some out as to explain my pitch for the theme.)                                                          I think it would be cool to see a Warframe based on the the Mayan pantheon of gods.  Possibly like Equinox, the first ability could be an aspect change or shape shifting ability with some form of base attack or defence.  Im thinking like Ivara's quiver or Vuban's devices. One could be a minor heal, one a minor c/c, one a def buff, and one a energy buff.  Since this is the first abiliy, obviously these could not be to over powered.  The second ability could be some kind of localized enviroment control like summoning a storm cloud that as it gets stronger debuffs enemy accuracy and possibly stuns with a lightning discharge or something. Third ability could be a patch of plant growth (maybe corn) similar to Oberon that slows enemies and drains them of energy while feeding your allies in range with energy and a speed buff.  The last abillity would be Sacrifice, you would take out an exaulted dagger and stab yourself in the heart dealing half lethal damage. The amount of damage would determine the range of the effects radius and duration.  The effect would be to lock down enemys forcing them to kneel down and opening them to finishers.  Every enemy killed would then heal and recharge the team. Any enemy not killed in the time limit would then be able to stagger before getting back up to fight.  Or you could choose to just draw out your exaulted dagger and use it as an exualted weapon.  It would need to have some kind of gimmick to compensate for the severe lack of range.  

What I'd think would be a cool Idea would be a "king" or an "emperor" type frame. Maybe even just make it focus on the Ruler aspect.

Seeing how kings, emperors and other rulers would often follow lead their man into battle, at least in fantasy stories, This frame would probably be a hybrid between single target melee DPS, crowd control and/or Support. 

A few ability ideas would be:
a flag, which has the Warframe symbol (or your glyph) on it. When it's out, allies in your surrounding will have an Attack speed buff, an survivability buff (increased Armour, Health or Shield, or just damage reduction) or any other buff that may have to do with Morale. 

An exalted weapon fit for a king. While people might think about a sword which could clash with Excal, you could make it a Sword and Shield, and have the melee weapon be something else than a sword.

An possible fun ability would be doing something similar to Nyx, by taking control of enemies to have them fight for you, or nekros, who summons "the dead" to fight, although a little bit more thematic to the ruler aesthetic.

What would be cool, is if you based it on great kings, emperors or other rules that actually fought. For example, you could base it on King Arthur, Alexander the Great, Charlemagne, Leonidas from Sparta or an Asian ruler/king (i am not very familiar with their rulers so i can't give proper examples of them).

You could even focus it on conquerors and generals, and focus more on the "leading armies" than "leading countries", but that's for that

What this game need is a solo type warframe for like people who cannot find another person to join or like is a new player and no one is around to carry them. The theme of it would be a dragon theme warframe. Its hands would have claws on each finger tip

Passive ability dragon restoration: When killing a number of enemies with your ability you will regain both shield and health

1st ability Dragon Fire: A straight forward ability that launches a fire ball towards an enemy. It would cause burn damage if they do not die

2nd ability Dragon Swipe: Use your claws to clear enemies that are around you

3rd ability Dragon Might: Lets out a loud roar that stuns enemies for a bit and increases you attack power

4th ability Dragon Wrath: Become a dragon like beast that fly as well as rain fire down upon your enemies.

a Warframe who's abilities all make one part of an Armor
Boots/Legs that increase movement speed
Body+Arms for Damage reduction
Helm for a Buff
and when you are channeling the whole Armor you can use the 4th ability to get an Exalted Sword and shield, when all are channeling the style of the Armor then changes and you get a stat increase once again

estaria bueno un warframe ofensivo  con un escudo grande  multi funcion que arrase con todos los enemigos y que sus origenes sean un sobreviviente de alguna batalla importante grinier  y alla sobrevivido adaptandoce tecnologia grenier a su cuerpo esa es mi idea base 

"Entropy", a frame that specializes in the manipulation of metallic elements such as metals and metallic elements like ceramics. Not an earthen elemental or a wielder of magnetism "Entropy" uses the energy of the void to warp the specific properties of metallic or carbon based materials to aid him and his allies in battle. This ancient frame is one of the first used in the old war, a relic that was quickly cobbled together based on Orokin manufacturing equipment. Later refined as an answer to the sentinels adaptation problem, as noted in the Orokin "Warframe" Archive, "The Sentients had won. They had turned our weapons, our technology, against us. The more advanced we became, the greater our losses." Entropy was to exploit the sentinel adaptation through the manipulation of their metallic microstructure and form. It was discovered late in the war that even though Sentinels could adapt to various damage types, through using various advanced metal-phase transformations to rearrange their metallic microstructure. In some cases they change material entirely to produce their signature resistance buffs, however this exponentially increased the entropy (or measure of chaos) internal to their bodies and structures. . Entropy was redesigned to exploit this increase in internal energy, causing an overload of their metallic structures, melting them, making them as brittle as glass, as soft as lead deforming them under their own weight, or a mixture of highly reactive materials that ate into each other to the point of destruction. Although the few that were made saw extensive action, fewer survived the final days of the war, lost to the void or buried deep in ancient Orokin tombs and fortresses as the final bulwark between the Sentinels and their ancient creators.

The purpose of this frame is to provide something that the Sentinels, some say, feared during the Old War, for the impending New War. A 'frame that can willingly manipulate the microstructure and formation of metals to aid it and its allies in battle. Being most effective against entirely metallic enemies it is a Corpus nightmare come to life. The idea is to have the abilities work in harmony with the new shield gating mechanic as well. Instead of using a shield based build Entropy focuses on armor and resistances by changing its own resistances, increasing its own armor and the armor of its allies (stacking it even!). He could even be made as an offensive frame, forming ammunition out of the armor or metallic environments, increasing the density or changing the composition of ammunition to explode, pierce further, or cause a specific kind of debuff (this would work really well since if you could control what kinds of damage the sentinels will be strong against through abilities. Then you can mod to pour in the damage you want to, but this would require you to manage the resistances the Sentinel possesses). Over all the theme is to have a dedicated tank/tank shredder (through armor buffs and resistances) and/or a dedicated sentinel shredder (through economic management of "castable" damage types, and semi-infinite ammo that allows for significant sustain damage).

Hope you all like the idea! Sincerely,

University of British Columbia, Materials Engineering Class of 2022

How about "Sorcerer" Warframe? like one that uses some kind of Void Magic.
For example, i put some ideas as abilities:

Primary: Void Cast
Shoots a void-energy projectile, that deals 500 void damage, can be charged up to deal 1000 and AOE.
Secondary: Void Portal
Opens a portal, able to teleport both enemies and teammates.
Special: Wave of energy
create a heal aura / damage aura / +status chance aura around you, helping your teammates.
Ultimate: Storm

Unleashes costly, but lethal storm, that shoots lighting bolts, and causes enemy armour to break apart (Takes enemy armour off), while tripping them, making them unable to move. (Deals medium-high damage)

Passive: gains one energy per second

As for Visuals, i'd portray the frame as a Male, Tall with some kind of "Coat" or "Trenchcoat" with a hood on the head, with some energy poulsing around his body. like a weird mix of harrow and nekros.

'Hope my idea will get chosen. if not, well then. Good luck everyone else!

Lagois

A falconeer based warframe from Cetus, that has a metallic companion, like Khora, that is a condroc. It would be awesome to have and see a condroc like companion that scouts ahead, dive bombs enemies, and even grabs them and holds onto them. It would also be neat to see a third warframe from the plains of eidolon, since the orb vallis has three. Also he would make for a nice way to be a quest obtainable warframe that lets us learn more about the Unum and her quill followers. Oh and if so then the condroc would need to have kuva in its body, similar to the animals that the unum gave kuva to so that she could find the sentient Eidolon.

Cephalon Themed Warframe

Backstory: We know the Orokin are huge on experimentation, and I wouldn't put it passed them to attempt combining two of their creations, a Warframe and a Cephalon. Scientist <enter name here> basically took a basic warframe, and tried putting it through the Cephalon process. We know this process thanks to the Ordan Karris audio hidden in scanned fragments.

So what makes this warframe unique?

Two things stick out in my head how this frame would differ from others. First through appearance, similar to Cephalons it would have a transparent opaque hologram-like style of body. Certain features could be solid, but the majority of it would basically be see-through. The other thing that makes this frame unique is that it would be the first ALL Shields / NO Red-Health Warframe. Health bar would be nothing but Blue. Would be immune to attacks that bypass Shields and damage Red Health like Viral/Toxin since there is no actual Health to attack. Since Armor doesn't effect Shields it would have None naturally giving it a much Larger Shield (similar to Red Health only frames) and Energy pool. Upon death similar to Inaros leaving a coffin behind, it would leave a Cephalon fragment on the floor instead of a body, presumably energy color of the frame.

A Gravity-influencing Warframe would be good as it would fit into the concept of us being in space for the last seven years.  To influence his allies to be lighter and faster, while weighing down his enemies to slow them down and even empowering slam attacks, all while being a singularity point that crushes enemies down to the molecular level, like a black hole.  The kind of power that all things, living or borderline eternal, must submit to...

Upgraded Tankier Frost Character... Call it "Glacier" comes with dual Frozen Tatsu's with its own Stance mod.

1st Ability - Any enemies you touch get frozen

2nd Ability - Any enemies within a certain distance circling you can get frozen and their health gets stolen to you

3rd Ability - Instead of a Globe your invincible

4th Ability - Instead of Avalanches A snow blizzard with the chance to drop extra loot from enemies. Also it should be in a fashion that when casted enemies could try to escape.

We need a proper "Paladin"-themed  frame.

A large, tanky frame in shiny metallic armor, maybe exalted sword & (large) shield to complete the look, with abilities themed around chivalry and using holy light to smite heretics Sentients.

DE(US) VULT!

Archived