Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Be Part of the Next Community-Created Warframe

[DE]Helen

Been thinking about this since the announcement. Came up with ideas others have mentioned and even loved a few (Spider, paper, slime) but my idea is a Master Blaster idea (Mad Max). where you have 2 in 1 frame (like Equinox but not). You would have 1 large 'blaster' frame that when you are in control of it you can use devastating damage abilities and have some defense, and the smaller frame would run around healing and collecting things like a pet. However, you can swap to the smaller 'master' frame and be a CC/healer while the larger frame wanders around and attacks things in Melee (not smart enough to re-load).

Would also be cool if you can equip them with different mods/weapons. Giving a versatility in the game during missions.

I am thinking it from the lore point like the Umbra, where a Dax was used to created the frame, well these frames have some sentience to wonder around and act independent, but when the operator is in control they are different.

I was also thinking that this is a fast pace kill them all game and something that slows down the pace would not be ideal, so throwing in a frame that could be all roles depending on how you like to play and keep up with all existing frames.

Also I just love the idea of a two headed ogre, and this comes close to it!

Piggybacking off some other people's ideas:

- Arachnid-themed: Immobilization and venom (DoT) based abilities

- Slime/biomass-themed: Uses own mass (health, probably) for abilities (organic arm-blade a la Prototype, anyone?).

- Greek Mythology frame, I'm thinking along the lines of Talos the Bronze Automaton

Also, I'm in love with the Sentient abilities and aesthetic. I know we've already got Revenant, but I would be totally okay with another sentient frame.

We need a knight of sorts. Excal is nice and such, but we don't have a "tank class" knight if you will.

Something like a greatshield user in DnD. Think huge heavy armor, crazy hp and defensive stats. Abilities can consist of team guarding, buffing, etc.

What would be perfect:

A knight with a lance and greatshield as abolities. Capable of swapping akin to Equinox. Either have a big tank, or a less tanky lancer.

In a game of ninjas and creatures, we are missing the most iconic vision in fantasy, the knight.

Anfa: wind (God) based warframe.

origins: When an adventurer came across the remains of an ancient civilization an alter was found with a weird kind of  amulet as its center. When taken, the amulet awakens the slight spark and the quest begins to reawaken Anfa lord of storms.

Passive:

a Constant wind surrounding Anfa has the chance to deflect an incoming ranged attack or knockdown a melee attacker.

1.) Mistform: take the form of mist. Light as a feather you can float freely but attack and you will become normal. (While in mist form you can obtain items from even locked containers by sliding through gaps)

2.) Windshear: summon a severe gust of wind to push back attackers. Impact damage all effected attackers upon hitting objects

3.) Wind Tunnel: by focusing the ambient wind around him Anfa’s wind Tunnel amplifies his movement speed X2 till energy runs dry. Can be stacked with.....

4.) Maelstrom: Summon a lightning storm to surround yourself in a lightning aura dealing lightning damage to all enemies within 10ft for a set amount of time. 

Mods

AcidRain: your mistform is comprised of acid rain dealing damage by passing through enemies without reverting your form to normal

Reverse Wind tunnel: reverse effect pulls enemies to you 

A female samurai warrior who fights with the power of storm and seas.

Why? One, we need more warrior-style female frames. It’s pretty much just Hildryn and Equinox day (which only counts as half) at the moment on that front. Some variety would be nice, not just in terms of body type but also “class fantasy” let’s call it. There are very few female frames that evoke the same kind of “noble warrior” imagery that say, Excalibur or Loki or Wukong do.

Two, we need more water themed frames. At the moment it’s only Hydroid, and people only really use him for farming. An entire tenno school has a wave for its symbol but we only have one (two if you count frost, which I don't really) watery frame!

Three, there are a ton of different creative directions you could take her design as well as alternate skins. A lot of the thread seems to be going for nature/animal styled frames so you could give her elements of raiju (thunder dogs), or sea dragons just to name possible Japanese inspiration, not to mention all the other storm and ocean based mythological creatures you could draw ideas from.

As for her gameplay there are a lot of cool options too. Since we’re revitalizing status effects right now, her gameplay could revolve around status, but in a different way than other status reliant frames like Saryn. Instead of doing damage via DoT or doing crowd control, she could perhaps get bonuses for inflicting statuses, or do additional damage/effects on enemies who are suffering from statuses. If you don't want to go the status route, there's plenty you can do with an aggressive mid to close range fighter warframe.

That’s my submission. Whichever one ends up getting picked, I have my fingers crossed for a warrior-esque female frame. We could really use some more in my opinion.

An 'angelic' themed judge-jury-executioner.

Multiple ways she could evolve, some optional ideas may include but is certainly not limited to:

• Another variety of a flight-centric kit, hovering and attacking from range.
  • Summoning a powerful weapon such as a heavy blade.
    • Perhaps some interesting new mechanic such as the ability to send the blade out to the point you aim and are then able to utilize the melee system to attack with it.
      • Perhaps similar to Chroma's effigy + augment. Would synergize well with a flight based kit as it gives you a higher reference point to direct the sword around.
      • Also reminiscent of Harrow's original design for his thurible, in which a ghost-like image of Harrow's arm twirling the thurible would be left in place.
  • Possibly more paladin-like elements in the kit, to bridge any missing paladin theme links that other frames may not cover, such as Chroma (being more of a selfish tanking frame) or Oberon (with a mixed theme including druid-like elements).
    • Throwing out a few ideas that could perhaps be built upon or stimulate the imagination:
    • Cast a large circular radial zone centered around the frame; Allies (including self) gain armor or damage resistance. Damage absorbed by allies feeds to the frame and builds up a meter; When the meter fills, a healing burst is emitted to all allies within the radial zone.
    • Enemies present within a large circular radial zone may debuff the enemies (such as slowing or becoming more vulnerable to damage) or buff allies (granting more survivability or offensive capability).
    • Circular radial zones also synergize well with the above ideas of flight and summoning a blade that can move and attack from range as both allow the player to position themselves defensively or in a position befitting team support while also engaging in battle unlike some support frames such as trinity.
      • Promotes team proximity, ideal for defense or survival objectives, but is entirely optional and does not make the frame useless for more fast paced missions such as exterminate.

I think a more literal take on the angelic theme could add character to the frame, imagery of halos and/or wings as well as association with light or as a radiant beacon of order.

A male tamer frame that can basically summon kavats and kurbrows to aid it a anchient healer to heal him a swarm of of bug that does toxic dammage and for his final he can go to a mode called animal instinct abale to locate enemy with xray and send his pet to hunt down the target anf his domador spanish for tamer.

On 2020-03-06 at 11:40 AM, Cybercobra2 said:

for sure a "beastmaster" kind of thing.

not a beastmaster per say but just someone that has multiple pet slots instead of one (non sentinel for simplicity's sake)

6 minutes ago, (XB1)IceyZeroGold said:

A male tamer frame that can basically summon kavats and kurbrows to aid it a anchient healer to heal him a swarm of of bug that does toxic dammage and for his final he can go to a mode called animal instinct abale to locate enemy with xray and send his pet to hunt down the target anf his domador spanish for tamer.

A warframe of apocalypse, they looks over the battlefield with a malicious presence,  causing 

pestilence, war, famine, and death 

long ago they were spoken of as separate entities, now unite them all as one and crush all life in front of you, and cause their apocalypse.

(Possibly a unique weapon would be a scythe (like exalted blade) and would represent the final apocalypse of death )

I find that this would be unique as a war frame because it could have multiple elements (I might just not be remembering if there's already one)

On 2020-03-06 at 12:10 PM, Calico101 said:

Alright, lets throw all the prior ideas to mine into the temporary shelf, now hear me out...

How about a... Za.. Warudo frame..? A frame that stops time for a (((SUPER limited amount of time, say 4-6 seconds)))

Highly abusable 😎

Lag-Frame?

We have an eidolon themed warframe, we have a corpus and grineer, we have a void inspired frame. 
But can a Sentient be built into a Warframe?
Can a Sentient be touched by the void like the Eidolon'/s Revenant

Maybe with the new expansion we can find a traitor Sentient who was dejected, spoilt by the man in the void and corrupted. almost killing it.
We give it second life and a chance to fight for a cause it can believe in.

I don't know, scratches. 

Genghis elite warriors warframe, honor thy infinite steed. Yeah no.

Uh basically thinking of anybody who achieved something remarkable historically and cherry toppering the guys with power and weapons and technology. How about the greatest Inca of All: Pacha quti fearless warrior. warframe literally with machinery hidden beneath his vest of amour taking bronze age and gold age inspiration from the new world people generally. His boo could also be split toed, the cut contoured gloves can be like Aztec. The ginormous headress twice the size of his torso at least idk bigger even chimu people inspired the designs of his movement can be like the chasqui multi thousand mile messenger runners through dense jungle over 19000 foot mountain peaks past volcanoes and deserts truest athletic men ever. Their legs and hips can be Viking and druid  or franqs and basque inspired idk. The companion or if not the things that help the warriors warframe could be high plains tribes inspired for flyhunts like the ropalolyst example with flight and size and zappy boom boom power idk? The phorid is already available? Why not ropalolyst? Why not lephantis or anybody else for that matter? Why not corrupted vor's emptied used bodily vessels resurrection of any of the mentioned no zanuka babies? Add additional incubation amalgamation component to build to imprint scan and birth as babies any of these like that brand new infected kavat? The amalgamation component incubation building component could franken slim in a pile heresy or forbidden combinations.... Sounds like something i saw in a 1970's cult adventure film shot mostly around mythology nekromancers white magic giants strong dwarf giants and evil trolls epic barbarian heroes super raging hot unrated babes... Add your favorite poison pick your poison then sit back turn back eons and imagine dude._.._.._?

23 minutes ago, (PS4)grimslasher581 said:

A warframe of apocalypse, they looks over the battlefield with a malicious presence,  causing 

long ago they were spoken of as separate entities, now unite them all as one and crush all life in front of you, and cause their apocalypse.

(Possibly a unique weapon would be a scythe (like exalted blade) and would represent the final apocalypse of death )

I find that this would be unique as a war frame because it could have multiple elements (I might just not be remembering if there's already one)

Existed exists is being used now in game. Mire, nidus, wait on nidus prime. Idk wt hectic elements you said? Bro new ideas come from far out man. Dude be radical.

Go banana nut pie with this subject.

10 hours ago, (XB1)NeoCortex Prime said:

mmm dodging bullets👍🤘

30 minutes ago, (PS4)grimslasher581 said:

Man in the void/wall warframe? Just lurks like a pleb in missions never seen in the heat of battle maybe hiding in the farthest hidden part on the map on up the ceiling looking at everyone upside-down clocks illusions or mysteries just the backwards inside out look of truth through void vision... Enter the skins and helmets maybe creepo glasses with a weird Shakespearian mannerism to him. Weirdo i love this terrible idea make him incredibly obnoxious like a truest troller of troll society.

i be thinking up a theme about thorny devil lizard

a warframe with body that has a steel like fusion between metal and bone exoskeleton with bone spikes coming out body that goes to the forearm and stop at the claw like fingers and tail with a claw and have the head of the war frame to have crystal teeth even horns on its head that pulsing with void energy within it

crystal teeth mouth that has void  energy glow and the mouth that can open and shut 

tail claw has thorn like hooks going all way to the claws of the tail then the tail slow curling  twiching and slow opening and closing its claws blades

NEED a tech-themed shapeshifter/Transformer/etc with a cyberpunk robot/cyborg look. BFG cannon on the arm, or AS the arm.

I imagine the helmet to be something like this: https://www.facebook.com/2hornsunited/photos/a.211764838890648/939137899486668/ or https://www.facebook.com/2hornsunited/posts/1286233154777139:0

Alt helmets as a single optic like a camera, or a visor like TNG's Geordi La Forge.

Two possibilities.

Simplest:
1- Laser: Single shot of the beam cannon, acts like a laser beam kind of.
2- Drone: releases an attack drone, similar to a sentinel but with limited battery life and AI similar to a kubrow/etc.
3- Hack: hack into robots and turn them on other mobs for a time.  For Grineer, hack the rollers etc but also causes disuse or dmg of any cybernetic implants to make up for lack of robots. For Infested, a mix of the two depending on base mob.
4- Transform: Channeled. Enter vehicle mode. Hover Tank-like, or Tachikoma-like. Crushes enemies underneath and has ability to fire sustained particle beam/plasma cannon in an aoe cone

More complicated:

WF has a vehicle mode and transforms into and out of it similar to Equinox's 1.

Robot/android mode:
Is a robot. Can shoot things. Increased accuracy.
2- Engineering: Can repair self based on amount of scrap near by, ie recent kills/deaths within a radius + container drops.
3- Hack: hack into robots and turn them on other mobs for a time.  For Grineer, hack the rollers etc but also causes disuse (stagger/stun) and/or dmg of any cybernetic implants to make up for lack of robots. For Infested, a mix of the two depending on base mob.
4- Self-destruct: Huge aoe explosion but lowers health by 50%

Vehicle/attack mode:
Boost to speed, damage on collision to offset lack of hands to hold guns.
2- Laser: quick laser shot of the beam cannon.  Charged attack?
3- Atomize: Blows apart an enemy and the pieces exploded outwards to damage and stagger any nearby. Damage based on type of mob?
4- BFG: Channeled. Sustained particle beam/plasma cannon (rad dmg?) in an aoe cone.

Alternative power ideas:
Laser eyes: Grants infrared vision (similar to a Simaris scanner + enemy radar), hold to charge and fire optic lasers.
Robot Punch: Fire jetpowered fists at an enemy. Can be retrieved or returned after a set amount of time.
Potato: You are transformed into a potato. Enemies ignore you, but a kubrow may eat you.

For a passive, a couple thoughts occur: Hacking does not consume a cipher (can be a percent chance), or can minor repair robot companions in the field, thus healing them for a few hp now and then.

Edit: Alternatively, for just a cyberpunk robot/cyborg without the transformation, remove the transform and bfg, eg:

1- Laser eyes: Grants infrared vision (similar to a Simaris scanner + enemy radar), hold to charge and fire optic lasers. Fires upon releasing.
2- Engineering: Can repair self based on amount of scrap near by, ie recent kills/deaths within a radius + container drops.
3- Hack: hack into robots and turn them on other mobs for a time.  For Grineer, hack the rollers etc but also causes disuse (stagger/stun) and/or dmg of any cybernetic implants to make up for lack of robots. For Infested, a mix of the two depending on base mob.
4- Self-destruct: Huge aoe explosion, high dmg, knocks down enemies, but lowers health by 50%

I actually feel happier with this one.

"Ashoka, the schemer, dealer, and debt collector. Great fortune comes at a cost, Tenno. Dare to deal will the Devil?" 

A salesperson/conman/loanshark themed Warframe. Aesthetically inspired by water beetles (such as the Arizona Giant Water Beetle/Predacious Diving Beetle/Lake Superior Beetle), and pagan iconography: such as Cernunnos, the Horned Huntsman of Celtic origin, and the Baphomet of the Knights Templar.

"Ashoka" refers to "Ashoka's Hell", a legendary torture chamber disguised beneath the veneer of a lavish palace; representative of the insidious intentions that Ashoka's beguiling arraignments conceal.

As for why? I dunno, we haven't really had a "merchant/devil" themed Warframe yet, and water beetles are savage opportunists (could do something with antenna-horns and leathery gossamer wings to combine the devil/beetle theme).

I was inspired by that Eornheit image in the opening post... but didn't like the head. Then thought "who needs a head other than Vay Hek?" No one. Because we're possessing the damn things.

The Grineer attempted to retrofit this sentient fighter drone for their own use. Unfortunately the only thing they managed to achieve by using infested tissue to "quiet the sentient bits" was making it compatible with transference.

This hovering amalgamation of grineer and sentient tech looks more like a Gerwalk Xiphos-lander than any people frame. With stubby thruster legs and spindly guns instead of arms, the frame must use energy fields to 'poltergeist' other weapons around itself (they're just glowy beam effects instead of solid warframe-looking arms is all). It focuses on qualities normally found in annoying enemies and things we normally have to smash up: quickly moving around in 3d, and having more than one gunport firing at the same time.

The idea here is A) making use of the fact that hovering frames like Wisp are now something that can be done, and B) exploring not-people warframes because hey, that's a look the other frames all lack.

This would give us a sentient with Grineer thrusters strapped to it (to compensate for the armor they added over those spindly joints when they Clem'd it) ready to have its refined alien finesse smashed around in a good scrap. And like any good Sentient, it can also make some calls.

Abilities could include flight or a weaker form of resistance gating (with limited duration)

One ability of course would switch to the integrated quad beam guns: fire modes medium-ranged (long for beams, maybe 100m or so) sustained burners that run parallel for good coverage but have difficulty hitting smaller targets with all four all the time, or a charged up missile swarm from everywhere (more ports on the frame as ability levels up). Because you deserve anti-ship railjack turrets in small and cramped corridors: you're worth it.

For another, where ramming your Oxium Osprey is a suicide thing, ospreys have neither the toughness of grineer armor nor sentient adaptation to make this tactic viable, but you do. Don't kill yourself by ramming; turn all that potential into energy. why break when you crash when you can electrocute things and regain energy like comets do? Of course comets do that; the Grineer wouldn't believe it if it weren't true.

Archived