Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Efficiency Over 100%

kwlingo

DE you have done a great job to balance Crit to Status. Now the only other melee update I would like is Efficiency reaching or going above 100%. Going above 100% give the heavy attacks the ability to climb in combo. This would make a new breed of super Heavy Attack builds. Allowing Heavy Attacks to climb in combo counter 12x. We already have two mods [Focus Energy] 40% efficiency and [Reflex Coil] 60% efficiency and Zenurik (Inner Might). Also Rivens would allow this to go even higher.

Edited by kwlingo

One of the big appeals for light attack builds right now is that when you do use a heavy attack, it hits like a freight train, as opposed to the speeding truck that is the heavy attack builds. Adding 100% efficiency or better to anything would be game breaking. Think about it, imagine if when you cast a warframe power, you gained energy? It'd be broken as hell. Same thing with this, it'd basically make heavy attack builds the sole build worth using, and I personally like diversity

6 minutes ago, (XB1)Lucas Jameson said:

One of the big appeals for light attack builds right now is that when you do use a heavy attack, it hits like a freight train, as opposed to the speeding truck that is the heavy attack builds. Adding 100% efficiency or better to anything would be game breaking. Think about it, imagine if when you cast a warframe power, you gained energy? It'd be broken as hell. Same thing with this, it'd basically make heavy attack builds the sole build worth using, and I personally like diversity

But than you see people building Hybrid builds to help keep their combo up as high as they can for heavy attacks. Hum I wonder why? People are already doing in game as we speak the only difference they do a few attacks between each heavy attack. Also the down fall to this 100% efficiency build like the already in game heavy attack is that the attack speed is super slow. Also if you build going over 100% you will lose out on all the two/ three mods slots. And this does create diversity for builds. As of now there are Crit, Status, Heavy, and anything between. Efficiency build wouldn't be game breaking, just another way to build. What was game breaking was how the old Blood Rush and Condition Overload mods worked.

1 hour ago, kwlingo said:

This would make a new bread of super Heavy Attack builds

Heavy attack builds are already a new breed, that you're trying to invalidate by creating an even stronger one, that would be so strong there's literally no content in the game to make use of it.

16 minutes ago, kwlingo said:

But than you see people building Hybrid builds to help keep their combo up as high as they can for heavy attacks. Hum I wonder why? People are already doing in game as we speak the only difference they do a few attacks between each heavy attack. Also the down fall to this 100% efficiency build like the already in game heavy attack is that the attack speed is super slow. Also if you build going over 100% you will lose out on all the two/ three mods slots. And this does create diversity for builds. As of now there are Crit, Status, Heavy, and anything between. Efficiency build wouldn't be game breaking, just another way to build. What was game breaking was how the old Blood Rush and Condition Overload mods worked.

No, it would be game breaking. It would invalidate any other melee build due to its ridiculous damage output. Hybrid builds are a tradeoff, not the best for light attacks, but not putting out a lot of heavy attacks, they're a good middle ground. Your proposed efficiency change would invalidate at the very least other heavy attack builds and hybrid builds, lowering diversity and basically turning it into a must-pick. No thanks

7 minutes ago, (XB1)Lucas Jameson said:

No, it would be game breaking. It would invalidate any other melee build due to its ridiculous damage output. Hybrid builds are a tradeoff, not the best for light attacks, but not putting out a lot of heavy attacks, they're a good middle ground. Your proposed efficiency change would invalidate at the very least other heavy attack builds and hybrid builds, lowering diversity and basically turning it into a must-pick. No thanks

Why would it be a mush pick? lol

Like I said already in game.

You can still do heavy and gain combo. So its in game already ahahah i guess we dont need my idea. Good thing I found this on youtube. All possible already ahahah I thought only way to gain was having over 100% but we don't need that much. 90% is too much and we can gain combo already. How do these guys find out how to be so cleaver with builds.

Edited by kwlingo

Blood Rush or Weeping Wound/Conditon Overload builds offer excellent sustained DPS, usually geared towards using the melee as your primary weapon.

Heavy attack builds sacrifice some of this for great burst DPS and utility via life strike, making them excellent secondary weapons.

Whilst you can do hybrids already, I use something similar on my Twin Basolk, they're going to lack some of the peaks of both specified builds (for example, less room for life strike forcing you to find another healing avenue). This would negate that entirely.

1 hour ago, Loza03 said:

Blood Rush or Weeping Wound/Conditon Overload builds offer excellent sustained DPS, usually geared towards using the melee as your primary weapon.

Heavy attack builds sacrifice some of this for great burst DPS and utility via life strike, making them excellent secondary weapons.

Whilst you can do hybrids already, I use something similar on my Twin Basolk, they're going to lack some of the peaks of both specified builds (for example, less room for life strike forcing you to find another healing avenue). This would negate that entirely.

Loza I do the same with Twin Basolk a similar build for Rakta Dark dagger to utilize the new shield gating.

Nidus punched me when I tried to take his Red Crit Hirudos away, then he trapped me in a giant snotball .

OP Not sure the 100 percent efficiency would be a good idea As it is we have mods that reduce the the heavy attack time and supplement the combo count like quickening,gladiator vice and so forth then organ shatter , amalgam organ shatter  which reduces windup time. This is just dipping the toe into what could tip the scale from a well intention-ed idea to a fruition-ed idea with hot-fixes needed for unintended consequences.With what we have now in game it is very close to combo-combo-combo-Middle mouse button ad infinitium. Your plan would make redeemer prime absolutely broken. Not to say what a monster Pennant would become.

I think the 90% cap is necessary for efficiency to keep it in check. I would like the efficiency mod options to be expanded though. At the very least it would be nice to have all the other element versions of Focus Energy. Perhaps increase Reflex Coil to 90% so it's possible to max efficiency with one mod and use a school other the Zenurik.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Fallen77 said:

Could we also have a way to kill ennemies before they spawn ?

I mean, I can kill anything pretty much instantly the moment it spawns, but that still feels a little too weak.

Exactly my point. So why are people worried. lol You want options give people options. This was the same case when people said going about 100% status would be too OP. Is it? lol

9 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Exactly. How can something be game breaking when on the other end the frames or weapons fall short on usefulness. Same with the Hildryn Decaying Dragon Key build. She become invisible but none of her other abilities became viable. Was she game break some would say yes because she was impossible to kill, while some said no because tanks don't speed up kills like nuking room clearers.

27 minutes ago, kwlingo said:

Exactly. How can something be game breaking when on the other end the frames or weapons fall short on usefulness. Same with the Hildryn Decaying Dragon Key build. She become invisible but none of her other abilities became viable. Was she game break some would say yes because she was impossible to kill, while some said no because tanks don't speed up kills like nuking room clearers.

I think you missed the part where I pointed out this would make the other builds obsolete, because it allows access to all, or at least the majority, of benefits from both build types. In other words, the opposite of min-maxing.

7 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

I think you missed the part where I pointed out this would make the other builds obsolete, because it allows access to all, or at least the majority, of benefits from both build types. In other words, the opposite of min-maxing.

So your saying you would rather have slow heavy attacks over others running BR+CO speed running though mission and your not able to kill any enemy because the speed running melee killed everything? You see their is a huge down side to only heavy attacks. "Its just another option."

42 minutes ago, kwlingo said:

So your saying you would rather have slow heavy attacks over others running BR+CO speed running though mission and your not able to kill any enemy because the speed running melee killed everything? You see their is a huge down side to only heavy attacks. "Its just another option."

Well, for one, I use heavy attack builds because they're burst damage, and I don't have to babysit a combo counter for blood rush, meaning I can use them as a secondary or utility weapon. I use it for healing with Life Strike and use guns for my sustained damage.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Well, for one, I use heavy attack builds because they're burst damage, and I don't have to babysit a combo counter for blood rush, meaning I can use them as a secondary or utility weapon. I use it for healing with Life Strike and use guns for my sustained damage.

Ive played many mission especially exterminate having a speed running melee killer. Being the first one to extraction and others just type "this game is broken" What is for broken slow heavy attacks or high BR+WW builds?

Edited by kwlingo

37 minutes ago, (PS4)jaggerwanderer said:

If only I can make a macro to do a short hop then a heavy attack. With enough range and attack speed, I can ground pound all day lifting the enemies up with CC without a care in the world. I still don't understand why people use heavy attack on the ground when heavy ground slam does more damage.

True I prefer heavy ground slams over regular heavy attacks. Also dont get caught by DE doing macro's. Heard people been getting busted.

1 hour ago, kwlingo said:

Ive played many mission especially exterminate having a speed running melee killer. Being the first one to extraction and others just type "this game is broken" What is for broken slow heavy attacks or high BR+WW builds?

For one, this isn't exclusive to melee. Far from it.

For another, this is why I play solo.

This is an old joke, but I have basically come to find it less and less funny as I realise that it is not a joke:

DE could do a mechanical update which makes all the enemies in the game ten times tougher, and makes them do ten times as much damage to Tenno, but that Tenno weapons will also deal ten times as much damage back, and Tenno armour and damage mitigation will be ten times more effective...and a lot of players would applaud it as the best update ever, because all the numbers got ten times bigger.

Le 15/3/2020 à 00:26, kwlingo a dit :

Exactly my point. So why are people worried. lol You want options give people options. This was the same case when people said going about 100% status would be too OP. Is it? lol

Are you really that much delusionnal ?

I'm not gonna explain why your suggestion is ludicrous, if you can't understand why that would break the game, I'm not gonna bother

• Like 1